Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:27:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Just bought the Brixton London DVD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just bought the Brixton London DVD  (Read 2136 times)
tomass74
Legend

« on: August 08, 2005, 05:30:48 AM »

I just bought that Brixton show off ebay. I was just wondering if anyone has seen this bootleg and if it was worth it. It was pretty cheap and seemed to have a good setlist I was just wondering if it wqas pro shot or not. I doubt it..... Anyway I guess I will find out soon enough. Was anyone at the actual show?

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 05:46:52 AM »

Which brixton show?
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 06:02:02 AM »

looks like January 21st

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 06:18:37 AM »

Yeah, a few us were actually there on that night.

Tj with his gang, AdZ, Buckle plus their posse as well as Graciela and myself.

I even managed to get asked for ID when buying a beer at a bar (a place that AdZ had picled, that place kinda sucked!).  hihi

Great show though and the DVD isn't pro-shot.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 06:47:13 AM »

Yeah, a few us were actually there on that night.

Tj with his gang, AdZ, Buckle plus their posse as well as Graciela and myself.

I even managed to get asked for ID when buying a beer at a bar (a place that AdZ had picled, that place kinda sucked!).? hihi

Great show though and the DVD isn't pro-shot.

/jarmo

Thanks for the info.... Have you seen the DVD? If so is teh quality good with close ups, or will I just watch it once and forget about it?

Thanks

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 07:08:13 AM »

I've seen it and I thought it was quite nice. But then again I was there so maybe I'm not 100% objective.....

Haven't watched it in ages so I can't give any details.  Undecided

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 09:17:54 PM »

I finally got the damn thing. It had to be resent because the first one wasn't compatible with U.S DVD players.. I must say that it is pretty good from what I saw, I just watched little before work.. You can really hear how the songs are supposed to sound. DIFTK is so much better live, SLash was awesome and you could actually hear all the guitar he is playing unlike Contraband when it is all turned down... My only complaint so far is that the volume cuts out in Ilegal I after a little bit and stays that way until the next song.. I am actually pretty pissed about that because that is like my favorite part of the concert when they jam out for a few minutes in the middle of it...Just curious if anyone elses was like that?

She also sent me a bonus DVD for sending the bad one the first time and the second ones supposedly got lost in the mail. That one is from Rockford Illinois that is pretty cool but the DVD is all choppy and shit. It seemed like it was gonna be pretty cool but it was tough to watch because of all teh skippy little pauses..

Anyone know where to get some quality VR DVDS?  I get sick of paying for these ones that people just burn and give you in a paper sleave that barely work half the time....

Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 03:46:41 AM »

Anyone know where to get some quality VR DVDS? I get sick of paying for these ones that people just burn and give you in a paper sleave that barely work half the time....
The right thing to get your VR DVDs is downloading them from www.dimeadozen.org (if you have an account) or ask someone here for a b&p type of thing. Bootlegs should be free...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 07:32:34 AM »

Anyone know where to get some quality VR DVDS??

Start by looking in the AFC section and go from there.

/jarmo

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: