Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:19:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can we blame AXL???
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can we blame AXL???  (Read 10336 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2005, 02:48:09 PM »

While agreeing with Elr?thiel n Kayoss,

What we can blame him for? i wonder. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 02:49:46 PM by ppbebe » Logged
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2005, 02:49:55 PM »

The record company has not forced his hand yet, so maybe they are to blame.

If they "forced his hand" then Axl would leave their label.

That's the only reason GNR is still signed - the eventual album will do huge numbers.

Axl's the root of everything wrong with Guns N' Roses.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2005, 03:02:44 PM »

It's Paradox innit?
Without him there wouldn't be, isn't and won't be Guns n' Roses.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2005, 03:09:02 PM »

It's Paradox innit?

And how is that any different from the present situation?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2005, 05:05:26 PM »

It's Paradox innit?

And how is that any different from the present situation?
I think my post doesn't say there's a difference between the situations. GN'R happened because of Axl and his associates. And it goes on still because of Axl and by likeminded individuals. It's, so to speak, his business and theirs, not ours.

No matter how hard people try to make light of him, they can't change the fact that he is a rare successful one none the less.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2005, 05:28:29 PM »

who else can we blame? now if cd does turn out to be the masterpiece we all believe it is... he's the one to be held responsible to, for the good and the Bad axl awnsers to everything gn'r related

Chinese Democracy!
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2005, 11:11:00 AM »

Can we blame Axl? I guess it all depends on what we are blaming him for.  If it is the old band breaking up, I would say Axl is partially to blame.  If it is for the endless delay of Chinese Democracy, I would say you can definately blame Axl. 

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2005, 11:48:20 AM »

I feel I have to defend Axl a bit, because we are all fans by our free will, and Axl has not forced us to wait for the album, so we cant blame him. I'm sure his intentions were to release the album by now when he and his camp started telling the public about his plans, but, hey, things change, time goes by, what seemed a good idea 6-7 years ago ,may not at this present time, he is known for not caring so much about time, deadlines and shit like that, but I think he care what his fans think of his music, so he wont release anything below a certain standard(set by himself), and that's cool. If all artist cared so deeply, we would have been spared tons of shitty music over the years, even if what's shit for some, may be someone elses gold.. I hope he releases it, I hope I'll hear it, but dont resolve your lives around a releasedate for an album people, it comes when it comes. There are many bands and artists and musicians out there, go discover new stuff, listen to the old GnR cd's, the solo projects by almost all present,and past band members, VR, whatever the fuck you prefer,  I think we all will survive no matter what happens?  peace

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2005, 06:22:33 PM »

coolman, you make a very good point. I think if Jan. 2006 comes with no release in sight, alot of people are going to take your advice. They will find some new band that they're interested in, or just listen to their favorite classic rock. The wait for CD is nearing its end, whether the album comes out or not. Frustrations over the wait is at an all time high, and its reaching its breaking point. We're reaching the point we were at in 96-97, when people didn't give a fuck.

Rainbow Warrior
Headliner

Appetite for Rock!

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2005, 08:13:17 PM »

YES WE CAN DEFINITELY BLAME AXL !!!!!!!!

Not because he is slow with the "new" album but because he hasn?t given all his beloved fans ANY real fucking news about the process of recording except a "promising" date for its release. He doesn?t give a shit about all of us on this board but keep to his former glory of beeing a hot rock star. He should be ashamed of himself. Mentally ill or not.? Angry Angry Angry
mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2005, 02:41:28 AM »

hmmm...going from nothing to fame and fortune would definately change a person. Too bad it changed Axl for worse.

It killed a passion and wasted his talent.......and OUR time.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2005, 09:43:03 AM »

I feel I have to defend Axl a bit, because we are all fans by our free will, and Axl has not forced us to wait for the album, so we cant blame him. I'm sure his intentions were to release the album by now when he and his camp started telling the public about his plans, but, hey, things change, time goes by, what seemed a good idea 6-7 years ago ,may not at this present time, he is known for not caring so much about time, deadlines and shit like that, but I think he care what his fans think of his music....  I think we all will survive no matter what happens?? peace

I agree.  If a GN'R fan feels his life is suffering for lack of CD... that would be their own fault for not filling their life with anything satisfactory.  Other than other music, there is TONS of things to entertain and enlighten yourselves with.  Read a good book for crying out loud!  Go party.  In other words, like Axl himself said - Live your life! - and may I insert emphasis on your life. Wink
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2005, 12:40:10 PM »

I do agree with people defending AXL is not our problem to stay and wait till we are fucking old and say It's Axl fault I mean we have the choice to stay here and pray for a dateline or just keep on waiting for good news meanwhile life goes on. I mean, is not like GNR or Axl is a lifestyle is it?  Shocked

No man can be my equal
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2005, 09:14:02 PM »

To answer the post: not only CAN we blame Axl, we SHOULD blame Axl. As he stated at the VMA's in 2002, he  basically is doing everything himself. In other words,  the buck stops with him; he is responsible for what happens to the band. So if not he, then who to blame? And  further, I agree with  the persons who pointed out that  he raised expectations and then disappointed  them.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2005, 10:40:29 PM »

I think the amount of finished material has always been overestimated by fans. Because of the personnel changes and hopefully the desire to put out an album backed by the musicians who recorded it, the album has suffered a series of setbacks. I'm not saying Axl hasn't taken too long with this, but I am suspicious of any belief that an album could have been released in 2001 or 2002. I simply believe that C.D. was not ready to do at that time; as such, there was no intention or hope by the band to have it done then. As for the past 3 years, I really don't know what is going on right now; i would need to hear the reasons for the delay before I assign blame.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2005, 12:46:54 AM »

Vector, I agree with that. I was never one of those people who believed there was 50 to 200 songs ready to be released. That theory is preposterous. More than likely there was only a handful of songs in 1999-2001. Maybe enough for a full length album, but I doubt it. To me, the lack of songs is the only legit reason for the constant excuses and delays.

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2005, 02:44:17 AM »

I think theres likely around 50-100 tracks that dont have vocals added on them. Maybe 10-20 that do.
DustNroses
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2005, 06:06:25 AM »

Its axls fault, there is nobody else to blame. Bucket left for a reason..... I believe it was because at some point they were all told that CD was never being released. And i have re-thought my whole point of view and i do not believe that CD is ever coming, That makes me want to cry honestly because i cant imagine my life without GnR. Not a day goes by that a GnR song doesnt pop into my head. I think Axl is done with it and just records now for his own amusement. Maybe thousands of fans should go to his house and steal CD cos at this point its the only way i see that we are going to get it.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2005, 08:17:50 AM »

Its axls fault, there is nobody else to blame. Bucket left for a reason..... I believe it was because at some point they were all told that CD was never being released. And i have re-thought my whole point of view and i do not believe that CD is ever coming, That makes me want to cry honestly because i cant imagine my life without GnR. Not a day goes by that a GnR song doesnt pop into my head. I think Axl is done with it and just records now for his own amusement. Maybe thousands of fans should go to his house and steal CD cos at this point its the only way i see that we are going to get it.

Why would someone not wishing for his music to be at the public's disposal sign a 20 million dollar contract for the back catalogue-and recently recorded material?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2005, 08:53:39 AM »

He signed that contract because most of the money deals with the BACK catalogue.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: