Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:31:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can we blame AXL???
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can we blame AXL???  (Read 10359 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« on: August 04, 2005, 07:53:13 AM »

Seriously, think about it.  You're kicked out of your house at the age of 16, so you go to California to follow your dream of making it big.  You slum it for awhile just scraping by, when all of a sudden at the age of 25 your album sky-rockets to the top of the charts.  Another album released ensures this is no 1-album wonder...the big time sets in at the age of 26.  You do some touring, living the high life, great women, great whatever, and at the age of 29 the UYI's are released, even MORE touring, and MORE money.  You are now a multi-millionaire at the age of 30.  You release TSI to appease the record company at the age of 32...then...from the age of 32 to 40...almost nothing.  Why tour?? 
  I guess what I'm saying is that there are alot of people who would pretty much quit their job if they won the lottery.  In a way, I feel like Axl's done that.  He's been puttering around the house like an old retired guy...starting a project here and there, but not really following through on anything.
  This is not a hate thread.  I am 31 years old, and I'm trying to imagine what it would take for me to pretty much leave my profession for 11 years starting at the age of 32.  It boggles the mind.  Can anyone here picture doing something similar??  I wish Axl the best. 
  This wait is making me go crazy.

-Axl4Prez2004   crying 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 08:12:01 AM »

I do blame Axl. Not for everything that ever happened in GNR. I blame him for this CD in limbo shit. It started in 1999 when he uttered the words Chinese Democracy. We all wanted an album before that, but no one really expected one. 1999 changed the mood of the entire GNR fanbase. You realized that GNR wasn't really dead after all. We all fantasized about him reclaiming his throne. Little did we know, six years later we would still be wishing for Chinese Democracy, and the reclaimed throne was only a mirage. Axl had several nice buzzes going for him in 1999, 2001, and 2002. He blew all three. A fourth buzz isn't likely. Sadly, I think we are about to reach a point similar to how it was around 1996, when nobody expected an album and nobody really cared.

Dust N Rose
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 08:45:20 AM »

Axl wanted GN'R to be the top rock band. That means too much. Many sacrificies...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 09:21:16 AM »

Blame Canada!  yes

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 11:17:39 AM »

Blame Axl?  Why would we blame the man that destroyed a great band?  Why would we blame poor, always the victim Axl?  Why would we blame him for his empty statements?  It can't be poor Axl's fault, it never is, the riots weren't his fault, the failed tour wasn't, the CD mess isn't, none of it Axl's fault.  Maybe it's the ghost of Kurt Cobain coming back to disrupt Axl's creativity.  Yeah, blame Kurt, blame Duff, blame anybody but God er... I mean Axl!
crazycanadian
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 12:50:28 PM »

Blame Canada!? yes

Haha your a funny guy Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Theres know to blame but AXL him self!!He doesnt give a Shit about any of us or anyone for that matter.I really like the guy but fuk he's a self centered fuk head. smoking
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 01:01:10 PM »

To a certain extent, yes. But he is not the only one responsible. I think it was a whole.
I hope Axl will succeed even if there is no way the new GN'R will sell as much records and will have as much success as the old band. even if they are good, they lack "something" in my opinion. They are still too "cold" for me as a band. They don't give me the same vibe the old band gave me back in the days. they are good but i'd like to see a more human band next time, more rock n' roll and less experimental or robotic.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 02:34:37 PM »

"I guess what I'm saying is that there are alot of people who would pretty much quit their job if they won the lottery."

I understand what you're saying but you have to remember that being a musician (a successful one and\or one of those "not so famous-but-I-don't-have-a-day-job" club bands) is nothing like having the 9-5 job...so, given that, if I were a musician that was able to sustain myself with my music, I think it would be hard to just give up that rythum\way of life...but if the passion isn't there, and, in this particular senario (ie. Axl Rose), you've made enough and invested it with some degree of success, why tour\make records, etc...his actions (at least on the outside) seem to indicate that the passion is slightly diminished if not all together gone...

as far as blaming Axl, you're not allowed to do that on this board...so I just feel sorry for him...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 03:01:45 PM »

Blame Axl?  Why would we blame the man that destroyed a great band?  Why would we blame poor, always the victim Axl?  Why would we blame him for his empty statements?  It can't be poor Axl's fault, it never is, the riots weren't his fault, the failed tour wasn't, the CD mess isn't, none of it Axl's fault.  Maybe it's the ghost of Kurt Cobain coming back to disrupt Axl's creativity.  Yeah, blame Kurt, blame Duff, blame anybody but God er... I mean Axl!
Yeah, the success went to his fucking head. People would give an arm and a leg to have a band like GN'R...

Fuck 'Em All.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 05:04:38 PM »

I think it's safe to blame Axl for the wait initially because in no way, shape, or form should any album take half as long as this one.  But I blame the media for most of the fan frustration because they have put words in Axl's mouth and made promises regarding release dates - he hasn't.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 05:31:48 PM »

I think it's safe to blame Axl for the wait initially because in no way, shape, or form should any album take half as long as this one.? But I blame the media for most of the fan frustration because they have put words in Axl's mouth and made promises regarding release dates - he hasn't.

Kayoss,
  Correct me if I'm wrong, but around the time of the Rio cancellation or the Buckethead departure, weren't we told that we'd hear something in a few months?  This whole thing's like a bad dream.
  I liked noonespecial's response mentioning the lack of passion on the outside.  I agree.  I'm sure the inside of Axl's head is a creative wonderland...but he's choosing to keep it locked inside...and in a way, I can see where he's coming from.  He's almost in a no-win situation from a public perception point of view.  And then, maybe, just maybe...there's an explanation for this nonsense that we'll learn of when Axl is ready.

Do you think we'll ever see Axl on Dr. Phil?  Now that would be a kick in the pants.

-Axl4prez2004

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 06:27:31 PM »

We did hear that which sucks I agree.?

But the main source of frustration other than the wait itself has been antagonized by radio stations, music magazines, MTV, VH-1, and of course the internet.

So many people who claim to be "close to the situation" have ran their mouths over the years and have pumped false hope into drooling fans when they knew good and well they knew nothing more about it than the average person.

Last time someone on-air directly asked Axl up front if Chinese Democracy is going to come out and if we will see it soon Axl responded with "you'll see it - I don't know if soon is the word."? Can't call the guy a liar on that one.? It's 2005 and still no album.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 06:56:51 PM by Kayoss » Logged

deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2005, 07:54:35 PM »

Yes. He was the main player in the dissolve of the band, not to say the other guys didn't play a small part also. As for the riots, no shows, and the delay of the new album, there isn't noone else to blame. Like someone said , i dont know why but for some strange reason i too feel sorry for the guy. I wish he would get the new album in stores, but anymore i dont think we will ever hear it, i hope i am wrong IMO if it doesn't get released this year, it never will.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 09:28:07 PM »

I think the touring edition of NuGNR is over, but Chinese Democracy will eventually be released. Probably under a different name though. We already have the song..i dont know wut else thats about China to look forward to.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 10:22:03 PM »

? Seriously, think about it.? You're kicked out of your house at the age of 16, so you go to California to follow your dream of making it big.? You slum it for awhile just scraping by, when all of a sudden at the age of 25 your album sky-rockets to the top of the charts.? Another album released ensures this is no 1-album wonder...the big time sets in at the age of 26.? You do some touring, living the high life, great women, great whatever, and at the age of 29 the UYI's are released, even MORE touring, and MORE money.? You are now a multi-millionaire at the age of 30.? You release TSI to appease the record company at the age of 32...then...from the age of 32 to 40...almost nothing.? Why tour???
? I guess what I'm saying is that there are alot of people who would pretty much quit their job if they won the lottery.? In a way, I feel like Axl's done that.? He's been puttering around the house like an old retired guy...starting a project here and there, but not really following through on anything.
? This is not a hate thread.? I am 31 years old, and I'm trying to imagine what it would take for me to pretty much leave my profession for 11 years starting at the age of 32.? It boggles the mind.? Can anyone here picture doing something similar??? I wish Axl the best.?
? This wait is making me go crazy.

-Axl4Prez2004? ?crying?

I have to say, this is an interesting post.  It's obvious when Axl was young and first came to California he was hungry and wanted to be signed.  So the desire was there and when he finally made it, it was all gravy.... until the problems started and the band broke up.  But Axl was an established success..so I agree it's 1999 and he is prolly is taking his time, hanging aroung, not feeling any pressure just a I'll take my time attitude.  Where as I can understand that, cause his need to be really hungry has passed, I think that he started something that he has yet to finish and made it public and started a tour, started promoting and then stopped.  What ever "Soon" means to Axl, he needs to make a decision, either finish this or not and get out of the limbo.  To me if he never started the tour and promoting, this would be mute issue.  And say, yeah Axl is just hanging around, laying tracks here and there.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2005, 04:49:06 PM »

I like Axl Rose, and I can't blame him for anything, I'm just happy to know that at least I can expect for an album, It would be horrible to know that he isnot going to release anything, at least he have his issues about CD.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2005, 05:20:21 PM »

Last time someone on-air directly asked Axl up front if Chinese Democracy is going to come out and if we will see it soon Axl responded with "you'll see it - I don't know if soon is the word."  Can't call the guy a liar on that one.  It's 2005 and still no album.

True, Axl has kept to his word on this one. I think he is just a victim of life, shit just keeps happening to the guy, things that keep putting CD back, he cant really be blamed for that! Its going to come out eventually, its just something we all have to sit out!

Jonx
Elrothiel
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2005, 01:42:05 PM »

Why don't we all just quit blaming people and just wait patiently? Maybe that'll work! Blaming never solved anything, it just started things the world doesn't need, so can we just quit while we're ahead?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2005, 01:49:50 PM »

How are we ahead in anything?  If you have a slacker at work that is causing production problems you find out who to blame fire them and solve a problem.  Casting blame can solve problems in the real world but I guess not in your utopian fairy tale!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2005, 02:40:36 PM »

Axl is the reason we don`t have CD yet. The record company has not forced his hand yet, so maybe they are to blame. Obviously Axl isn`t too concerned from a career standpoint what the consequences of his actions have been regarding the mis cues of the past few years. But when your art is #1 priority, I guess I can`t really blame Axl, its totally up to him whether he puts out CD or disappears forever. Kinda sucks for us though.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: