Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:31:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Question about CD Guest Appearances
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about CD Guest Appearances  (Read 3939 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« on: August 04, 2005, 07:14:22 AM »

As we all know, artists ranging from Brian May, Shaq, Moby, and Sarah Mclachlan have done some work on the new material. This brings up an interesting question. Let say the announcement comes 'soon'. They also announce the tracklist, and none of these people are on CD. Would this lift all the gag orders, and allow these people to go into detail about what they worked on? A gag order can't last forever, and a CD release should make the orders null and void. Or could Axl have some agreement that they can only talk about their work IF the songs they worked on are released? I'm still surprised none of these people have broke their gag order, especially Shaq. He talks constantly, except about what he did with Axl.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 08:14:38 AM »

Sarah Mclachlan?  Thats a new one to me James.  Where did you hear that?

elmir
VIP

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 08:17:11 AM »

Does anyone know for certain about the GAG ORDERS?

Can anyone prove it? Or is it just an urban - axl - legend?

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 08:21:05 AM »

Moby was only producer, he played no music.

Shaq said he did some rapping/back vocals on a song, but no-one confirmed or denied it

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Eric
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 08:22:25 AM »

Moby has talked pretty openly about Axl and his experience-if you are not employed by Guns n Roses, a gag order is useless-am I right about this? It will be interesting to see how many guest apperances there are.
madagas
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 08:26:14 AM »

James, why do you continuously start topics and ask questions about things NOBODY that comes to this board knows the answer to? Huh
elmir
VIP

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 08:26:29 AM »

What would be interesting is to find out, if the gag order does exist, what is in that document.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 08:37:18 AM »

I dont know the exact year that the Sarah Mclachlan thing came up, but I remember an interview with her from a few years ago where she is asked something about it, and she said 'no comment'. Madagas, I dont 'continuously start topics'. What's wrong with asking a question that might stir the imagination? Madagas, if you can't handle it, here's a thread for you: What year did AFD come out?

madagas
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 09:25:19 AM »

What album is that? I don't know 1995? Grin
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 10:12:24 AM »

I thought it was some Opera singer named Sara bermingham   that sang on CD?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 10:33:58 AM »

i think the Shaw thing is more of a jam than anything else....Axl likes the likers, Shaq was in the same studio, Axl says why dont u come on in and hang out. Axl and the big daddy must have been funny

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 11:07:53 AM »

This is the first I've heard of Sarah Mclachlan  JL, maybe someone else can confirm.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2005, 11:18:22 AM »

I remember reading a while back on VH1's website that he performed on the [supposed] song "The General" with Sarah Brightman. There was even like a one or two paragraph review of the song.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 12:03:16 PM »

I remember reading a while back on VH1's website that he performed on the [supposed] song "The General" with Sarah Brightman. There was even like a one or two paragraph review of the song.

That is who I meant not sara bermingham

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
fartinabag
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 02:59:41 PM »

I rembering hearing something about Sarah Mclachlan, but can't recall when or source.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 03:38:04 PM »

I dont really recall any of these special performers being cited as saying in no other words, "sorry cant talk about that song I did with Axl for CD". Honestly so much has probably changed over the last few years on who or what will make the cut for the album that I think when Axl collaborated with these other artists he probanly told them their material might just collect dust in his basement. I cant see the sense in having a gag order on say Shaq, I mean if he ran into Chris Pittman on the street, he'd probably mistake Chris for his butler or something.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 04:39:30 PM »

buttcrack, that's how it is with me. I remember hearing about it somewhere several years ago, and I remember reading her 'no comment' interview in some magazine. I wish I could remember the name of it. I know there's other people here who remember this, because I had a discussion about it with someone here, but I don't remember who. LOL! Hopefully, whoever it was will post in this thread.

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2005, 05:04:15 PM »

Sorry for asking this guys, but when you talk about SHAQ, you mean, SHAQILL ONEAL, or however, its written?    and what could that  "shaq" have done with GNR, that is something I would really like to know...
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2005, 05:15:49 PM »

Shaq 'guest rapped' over one of their songs, in the late 90's IIRC.

Personally, I think the whole episode with Shaq has been blown way out of proportion, he obviously just had a little fun with them that one time, and some people/articles/etc. are saying he "collaborated" with Axl.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2005, 10:51:16 PM »

I would think once it comes out, these people will be able to talk about it.? ?But then again, who knows,? are they only under contract or have gag order if their work is used?? Seems so dramatic...using terms like gag order.? It's a rock n roll album for god sake..  Just to edit my post, I didn't mean you James using the term gag order, I meant the fact that their these people can't talk about it.  I know Moby has but the band and all that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 11:03:43 PM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: