Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:02:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Charlie And The Chocolate Factory  (Read 14625 times)
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2005, 04:57:30 PM »

Tim Burton + Johnny Depp = Movie Gold

At least thats been my experience. Check out the trailer for Corpse Bride, their next collaboration due out in October. Looks pretty good.

I'm not going to get my hopes too high for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but Burton has yet to make a movie that I didnt like.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 06:27:48 PM by kujo » Logged

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Sterlingdog
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2005, 05:03:16 PM »

I once heard Johnny Depp on  Howard Stern, saying how he couldn't even get through the script for Titanic.? He's never been about just trying to make money.? He does stuff that interests him.?

« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 05:05:52 PM by Sterling » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2005, 06:39:32 AM »

Okay in the trailer, what the fuck is up with the Oompah Loompahs?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2005, 09:17:47 AM »

I read the book when I was 10. It's a great book.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Sterlingdog
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2005, 11:24:54 AM »

I'm going to bail out of work and go in a couple hours.  Its good to be the boss.   Smiley
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2005, 08:58:43 PM »

Okay in the trailer, what the fuck is up with the Oompah Loompahs?

The key to world dominence.

Hai Hitler  Tongue  hihi

just kidding, dont worry

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I guess the Oompah Loompahs are put in the book for comical relif, after all it was geared towards children. The movie does look pretty...whats the best word for this....odd, at best, but it still looks like a good watch

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2005, 02:55:07 PM »

i can't wait.
i'm a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Johnny Depp fan. i saw a trailer for it and it looks really good.
isn't the kid in it in Finding Neverland?
Johnny rocks!!!

GO JOHNNY!!! ok ok peace

What's so civil about war anyway?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2005, 01:49:46 AM »

I'll take Gene Wilder over Depp anyday....
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2005, 02:12:20 AM »

i'll take a sheep over Depp anyday. (i hope there is no sexual under-meaning to this phrase)

the 1st movie was great. the oompah loompah were great.
no need to do it again.
this movie is just easy money by the studios, and burton/depp were used.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2005, 04:06:22 AM »

i'll take a sheep over Depp anyday. (i hope there is no sexual under-meaning to this phrase)

no need to do it again.

Lots of movies like that today.....

ie, no need to do them again.

They were good the first time.

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2005, 04:25:40 AM »

no need to do it again.

Lots of movies like that today.....

ie, no need to do them again.

They were good the first time.

lots ?
king kong, war of the worlds, charlie, herbie ...

i tell ya, in 6 years, some hip director will do a remake, oh sorry, an adapation of the star wars scripts swearing he never saw the first movies .... ?____?

i'll stick with The Taste of Tea - http://imdb.com/title/tt0413893/ - this movie is a lesson to all the current directors and studios.

RichardNixon
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2005, 11:51:11 PM »

I liked the first movie better, but I really enjoyed this remake.
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2005, 06:15:26 AM »

I really wasn't into going to see the movie at first ! A friend of mince convince me to go yesterday evening ! I just loved it ! Funny, entertaining and rather clever ! WEB I still cannot understand how you can criticize a movie you haven't seen yet !  Grin

The force ... the force ...
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2005, 06:40:09 AM »

I really wasn't into going to see the movie at first ! A friend of mince convince me to go yesterday evening ! I just loved it ! Funny, entertaining and rather clever ! WEB I still cannot understand how you can criticize a movie you haven't seen yet !  Grin

cause they're all the same.
sometimes i start thinking i might like the movie. i get in a good mood and watch it
i tried : sin city, mr & mrs smith (half of it), war of the worlds, batman begins .... but they are all the same. they just suck.

on the case of CACF, it's about sucking, it's about, we already have too many things about that universe, i dont wanna watch it, cause i dont want to support what the industry is doing : going for easy-money instead of creation.

maybe i'll download the movie, but i wont pay for it. i'm sick of adaptation, re-adaptation, remake, re-remaks .... :-/

Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2005, 06:48:08 AM »

I got your point well ! And sometimes I even agree  Wink Grin Not on Star Wars but I confess I'm a bit biaised on that one ! I just adore both trilogies Wink
I agree on War of the Worlds to a certain extend, batman etc etc ... but in this case "Charlie and the chocolate factory" no. Because you can't just compare  the movie w/ all this summer blockbusters Wink Well it also happens I usually like Tim Burton's style ... not always but in this one it's pure genious Wink

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2005, 06:57:44 AM »

can't just compare  the movie w/ all this summer blockbusters Wink Well it also happens I usually like Tim Burton's style ... not always but in this one it's pure genious Wink

i dont compare. i just expect much from burton. i expect easy-mainstream-nice movies (even if his fans try to picture like some kind of underground rebel crazy mofo), but he usually does interesting movie, that have their share or "innovation" and "creation".

CACF is a movie about a book that is a classic. that ALREADY has been put to cinema - and not a crappy 1920s movie, a real, well liked, classic, movie -
and the universe of CACF has already been used so much (manson, other books, tv ...)

so, in the end, the movie is USELESS.
Grin

Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2005, 07:00:36 AM »

can't just compare? the movie w/ all this summer blockbusters Wink Well it also happens I usually like Tim Burton's style ... not always but in this one it's pure genious Wink

i dont compare. i just expect much from burton. i expect easy-mainstream-nice movies (even if his fans try to picture like some kind of underground rebel crazy mofo), but he usually does interesting movie, that have their share or "innovation" and "creation".

CACF is a movie about a book that is a classic. that ALREADY has been put to cinema - and not a crappy 1920s movie, a real, well liked, classic, movie -
and the universe of CACF has already been used so much (manson, other books, tv ...)

so, in the end, the movie is USELESS.
Grin

rofl rofl No it's not ! it's at least entertaining !  Grin
Not every movie needs to mark History !  Grin
Your way of thinking is sometimes so radical !  Grin

Sterlingdog
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2005, 11:51:12 AM »

The newer movie is a different adaptation, and from what I understand, a far more accurate one, of the book.  Its not about getting rid of the older movie or even doing it better.  Just different.  What's the harm?

As far it being for money, that's what Gene Wilder said too.  Johnny Depp's response: of course it is, when is anything in Hollywood not about money.  People make movies to get a return on their investment.

If you don't want to watch movies that are made with the object of making money, then you better give up movies all together.

But if you are determined not to like it, don't watch it.  If you are open minded, you might find you are pleasantly surprised. 
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2005, 01:57:49 PM »

The newer movie is a different adaptation, and from what I understand, a far more accurate one, of the book.  Its not about getting rid of the older movie or even doing it better.  Just different.  What's the harm?

As far it being for money, that's what Gene Wilder said too.  Johnny Depp's response: of course it is, when is anything in Hollywood not about money.  People make movies to get a return on their investment.

If you don't want to watch movies that are made with the object of making money, then you better give up movies all together.

But if you are determined not to like it, don't watch it.  If you are open minded, you might find you are pleasantly surprised. 

im sorry, i see difference between the Taste of Tea way of "making money" and what CACF is doing.

different adaptation ? that kills me.
so every good director should do this movie because he will have a different version ?

burton's movie might be entertaining. but im asking for more.  im sorry. if people see entertainment as sufficient. then it 4 years someone will remake star wars.  because it will be "different ... "

i want something new.
we have everything we need in terms of CACF.
burton could have used his mind to create something less .... already done. that's it.

cause if you think like that, then GUNS N ROSES should just do covers of the rolling stones , and we'll get 30 Sympathy for the Devil, oh sure it will be good (as burton's CACF is good) but would you be happy ?
or maybe you'd like a new song.

we diss bands when they do covers.
i diss directors when they do remake, adapation (this one is ok,once), and worst re-adaptation ( uh ! )

Sterlingdog
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2005, 02:21:16 PM »

I do see entertainment as sufficient.  When I pay my money to go watch a movie, if I'm entertained, then I've got my money's worth.  That's entirely the point of watching a movie, to me, entertainment.  I don't look to movies to change the world, or keep me informed, or tell me what my morals should be. I see just as much value in a move like Saving Private Ryan and American Pie.  If they are entertaining, then they did their job.  Not everything has to have a message to be valuable.  Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a good movie, it is entertaining and fun.  Who cares if a movie based on the same book has already been made?  Do you know how many different versions of Pride and Prejudice have been made?  I think its about 8 now.  Yet there's another one on the way, and no one is crying about that. 

And if someone wants to remake Star Wars in 4 years, fine with me.   I might even watch it.  If its crap, it won't make money. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: