Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:05:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Charlie And The Chocolate Factory  (Read 14577 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: July 11, 2005, 08:24:25 PM »

Usually I post stuff in the Last Film but this is a Johnny Depp flick and I think it is gonna be awesome

some critics are trying to say he modeled his Wonka performance after Micheal Jackson which he vehemently has denied.

after you watch the movie tell me what you think of his performance

if you havent seen a trailer check one out, he acts so fuckin weird in this movie, I love it!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 08:52:04 PM »

can't wait for this one either

The material just seems to fit Burton and Depp perfectly

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 09:02:13 PM »

I also want to see it, and already i've noticed some changes from the book and original 1971 film 9instead of geese, the aminals are squirles). as long as it isnt another musical, then i think i could make some adjustments

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 09:55:58 PM »

Read the book, there were squirrels in the book.

I heard he based the character on marilyn manson.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 10:33:18 PM »

some critics are trying to say he modeled his Wonka performance after Micheal Jackson which he vehemently has denied.

Interesting that you say that.  I hadn't head anyone say that, but after seeing one trailer for it, I told someone that I wondered if he based it on Michael Jackson.  Something about the way he talks, I think. 

Anyway, I'll be seeing it Friday.  I'm looking forward to it.  I love the Gene Wilder version, but I have high hopes for this one as well.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 10:35:04 PM »

Read the book, there were squirrels in the book.

Were there? Can't remember last time i read it. Oh whatever, its been ages since i read it anyways.

I stand corrected.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 10:45:30 PM »

Its not a musical, Johnny Depp will not be singing or at least i dont think so.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 11:31:38 PM »

I can't wait till friday ,this is my second most looked forward to movie of the summer

If I 'm not mistaken  I thnk Mason was considered for the part at one time .
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 11:34:33 PM by timothy » Logged

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 11:55:14 PM »

This one is supposed to be more faithful to the book right?  I heard that's why this one is called "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" as opposed to the Gene Wilder one which was "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory".
Sterlingdog
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 12:28:47 AM »

There was an article about in Entertainment Weekly a week or two ago.  This one will not be a musical (Johnny Depp was quite relieved about that).  And the person who wrote the screen play adapted it purely from the book, he'd never even seen the first movie.

It was an interesting read.  I can look for it online if anyone wants me to post it, but I think it might be too long.  It was 3 or 4 pages in the magazine.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 02:05:39 AM »

i wish they made new movies with new stories instead of re-making an all-time classis book and movie !
(the oompah loompah song !!!! classic !)

tim burton and johnny depp bore me Smiley

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 02:32:08 AM »

There was an article about in Entertainment Weekly a week or two ago.? This one will not be a musical (Johnny Depp was quite relieved about that).? And the person who wrote the screen play adapted it purely from the book, he'd never even seen the first movie.

It was an interesting read.? I can look for it online if anyone wants me to post it, but I think it might be too long.? It was 3 or 4 pages in the magazine.

can u? if it isnt too much trouble? Id love to read that.

Wat-ever Johnny Depp is the greatest actor alive, if he bores you than I dont know what to say.

He has never played the same character twice, he is a rare individual that brings something different every role

Its hard to imagine that Edward Scissorhands is the same guy in Finding Neverland and that guy is the same guy in Secret window but yet that guy is Jack Sparrow in Pirates and that guy was Donnie Brasco, and now the way he plays Willy Wonka

No one is as diverse as Depp.

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 03:27:17 AM »

There was an article about in Entertainment Weekly a week or two ago.? This one will not be a musical (Johnny Depp was quite relieved about that).? And the person who wrote the screen play adapted it purely from the book, he'd never even seen the first movie.

It was an interesting read.? I can look for it online if anyone wants me to post it, but I think it might be too long.? It was 3 or 4 pages in the magazine.

can u? if it isnt too much trouble? Id love to read that.

Wat-ever Johnny Depp is the greatest actor alive, if he bores you than I dont know what to say.

He has never played the same character twice, he is a rare individual that brings something different every role

Its hard to imagine that Edward Scissorhands is the same guy in Finding Neverland and that guy is the same guy in Secret window but yet that guy is Jack Sparrow in Pirates and that guy was Donnie Brasco, and now the way he plays Willy Wonka

No one is as diverse as Depp.

no no. i think that depp plays "excentric" characters all the time.
scissors hand, neverland, once upon a time in mexico, f&l in las vegas, Pirates ... willie wonka .... they all are excentric.

and come on, watching  once upon a time in mexico, i thought it was fear and laughin in las vegas ...the way he walks .. his funn FBI tee shirt or flower shirts , the shorts ... the cellphone ... i dont ll these little details ....

i think he is overrated cause we see him great through the character that are wierd and special,  so we are like " johnny depp" is so cool ...
and well, he's typecasted. the "excentric". easy job i guess. im not an actor, but i can guess that playing a crazy guy, a wierdo, must not be the hardest thing ...

i like the 9th gate tho. he was good in it.

but i dont know. i dont care for actors anyway, movies are the main thing. a good movie makes a good actor.

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 08:45:08 AM »

there is NO oompah loompah song. THE oompah loompah song. man, im' bummed out Sad

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 10:55:19 AM »

The oompah loompah's do a musical number or two.  But nobody else sings.

It is not, however, the oompah loompah song you remember from the original.

Classic lines from this version (I'm paraphrasing a bit):

"But Mr. Wonka...Why would Augustus' name be a part of the Oompah Loompah song unless they....?"

"Improvisation is a parlor trick...anyone can do it."

I've seen snippets of the movie and it reminds me a LOT of the original illustrations for the book.  The visual style is much closer to what you saw in James and the Giant Peach except using real actors and sets rather than stop gap animation.  It was one of my gripes with the first movie: It captured some of the eccentricity of the Dahl books, but none of the style and visual flair.  The illustrations in the book, sparse as they are, are almost as famous as the text.  I was glad to see this incarnation do them justice.

Good clips can be found here:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/charlieandthechocolatefactory.html

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Sterlingdog
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 12:13:39 PM »

Here's a link to the article.  Let me know if it doesn't work and I will copy and paste it.

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1073574_1|109123||0_0_,00.html
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 03:37:11 PM »

What you have to understand though Wat Ever, is Johnny brings his own flavor to the character

It isnt written in the script for him to act the way he acts.

he decides his own style and idioscyncracies for his characters

there isnt a director or a producer telling him to act a certain way.

Once upon a time in Mexico was a shitty movie only watchable because of Depp.

he makes shitty movies good, and good movies great.

Did u also know that he almost got fired from Pirates of The Carribean cause of the way he acted the part?

They were scared to death at how weird and stuff he acted, but they took a chance and it paid off.

same for this WIlly Wonka role, Johnny Depp designed his style of acting for this role, he designed his haircut,the voice everything.

When I watch most actors, they seem like the same guy in every movie, Tom Cruise comes to mind, I mean it could be Jerry MacGuire playing in War Of The Worlds.

Johnny Depp however gives a unique and different performance almost everytime.

Sure there are roles here and there that are probably similiar, but considering how many different roles he has played its an amazingly low ratio especially compared to other actors.

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 03:43:08 PM »

well D, he is certainly over the average, but i'm, personaly, bored by his "excentric" / "nice wierdo" role.
he did that too much.
about the movie

marilyn manson did his video clip Dope Hat, and that was crazy. (95) - and manson was a perfect willie wonka, i guess johnny depp watched that clip numerous times...)
download:
http://manson.morgus.cz/download/video/official_clips/Dope_Hat-([url=http://www.mansoncz.tk]www.mansoncz.tk).avi[/url]

the original movie did what it had to do. ( the song, the oompah loompah song ...? peace)

why on earth would you create something again with that book.
we have everything we need.
why can't tim burton uses his mind to do something new. a new story. a new THING. are we gonna revisit every classic for the next 40 years ?
i mean.
in a few years, people will actually do a remake of star wars ?

there is so much more to create.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 04:13:51 AM by WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin » Logged

Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005, 04:24:34 PM »

What you have to understand though Wat Ever, is Johnny brings his own flavor to the character

It isnt written in the script for him to act the way he acts.

he decides his own style and idioscyncracies for his characters

there isnt a director or a producer telling him to act a certain way.

Once upon a time in Mexico was a shitty movie only watchable because of Depp.

he makes shitty movies good, and good movies great.

Did u also know that he almost got fired from Pirates of The Carribean cause of the way he acted the part?

They were scared to death at how weird and stuff he acted, but they took a chance and it paid off.

same for this WIlly Wonka role, Johnny Depp designed his style of acting for this role, he designed his haircut,the voice everything.

When I watch most actors, they seem like the same guy in every movie, Tom Cruise comes to mind, I mean it could be Jerry MacGuire playing in War Of The Worlds.

Johnny Depp however gives a unique and different performance almost everytime.

Sure there are roles here and there that are probably similiar, but considering how many different roles he has played its an amazingly low ratio especially compared to other actors.

he nearly got fireed frm potc?! i dont know how i didnt hear that, im a huge johnny depp fan!

i have to agree with u on every point u make here, for example, i like orlando bloom but he plays the same person(not the same role,cus thers a difference) in every film iv seen him in.

Personaly, i think Johnny Depp is the best actor about, an no one can say anythin to the contrary.

I cant wait to see CATCF, i seen a clip for it wen i went to see Batman an it looks halairious(sp?)!
The oompah0loompals look different than in the original dont they? but like i said it was only a clip so i didnt get a gud look.

peace
Cubb

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2005, 04:52:43 PM »

He showed up with a mouthful of gold teeth and his braids etc on POTC and the movie guys told him he had to change the way he played Jack Sparrow

Johnny said he wouldnt and that if they didnt like it they could fire him and find someone else.

so they didnt really come close to firing him I dont guess but Johnny stood up and wouldnt change even though they wanted him too.

He also turned down countless big budget blockbuster roles simply cause the roles were dull and could be played by anyone.

He turned down Tom Cruise's role in "Interview with a Vampire" turned down Keanu Reeves role in Speed and Brad Pitt's role in Legend of the Fall.

I wont take any review of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to heart, cause most critics wont be able to seperate it from the original and its damn near impossible to beat anything that was the original simply cause peoples minds are already made up.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: