Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 11:26:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Don't kill the messenger...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't kill the messenger...  (Read 5483 times)
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2005, 07:23:50 PM »

This site & most members are so way left of reality, I guess that's what makes it so entertaining. Keep up the good work u bunch of weirdo's!

If you think we're so out of it, why don't you just stick to reading? I personally could do without your posts.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Eric
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2005, 08:06:29 PM »

Why do you look at me when you hate me-If anyone hates Axl, GNR, or this site, why bother? If I hate a band, I don't waste time talking about them.
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2005, 08:12:26 PM »

Mickey to Rocky "i think we outta knock his block off"

Bow!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2005, 08:20:25 PM »

Axl could use to work on his public image considering last the general public heard from him he was a no show at Philly 3 years ago.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2005, 10:37:33 PM »

My opinion, Axl is completely ripe for this kind of thing. But Jim Everett had the right idea when he tried to attack that little midget Rome. Standard talk radio blowhard. Amazing how easy it is to be right all the time when you're standing on the sideline pointing your fingers at everyone else.

I've seen enough.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2005, 11:14:23 PM »

I am never surprised when someone takes a shot at Axl but the fact remains that they do and that means that Axl upon hearing GNR songs, still either in a negative or positive way will get talked about in the media.  I hate that it is mostly negative but I feel that Axl brought most of that on himself.  He has got to come back to people back on a positive note in regards to him.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2005, 11:15:24 PM »

no offence Falcon but is Jim Rome God or something?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2005, 11:36:44 PM »

no offence Falcon but is Jim Rome God or something?

Of course not, why do you ask?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2005, 11:42:00 PM »

because the way in which you titled the thread made it seem like ti was a big deal.

its just another person saying the same old stuff about washed up Axl Rose

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2005, 11:53:14 PM »

because the way in which you titled the thread made it seem like ti was a big deal.

No big deal intended, I just anticipated an asinine response like this....

And we care about this because? I think its funny if someone bad mouthed slash on a show and I went to the VR board and reported that you would be first in line to bash me for it, yet when Axl is bashed on some shitty show you are always first in line to report it over here.? ? ok

So I ran a disclaimer to difuse any thread jacking goofiness..

its just another person saying the same old stuff about washed up Axl Rose

I know that and you know that, but when it goes out to millions listening I thought it worthy of a mention.

As Jarmo said, free PR...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2005, 12:33:47 AM »

If you are going to take personal? shots take it to PMs please. Thanks? ok

As opposed to these "personal shots" of yours not taken to PM's?

... and you are too dumb to remember its not my fault.

And this..

Falcon I know how stupid you are and how fried your brain must be...

Checkmate.

Again, on topic...

These are just 2 fellas having some fun on a radio show..

I said take it to PMs, and its nice you had to pull comments from a different thread. Again take it to PMs thank you.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2005, 12:43:36 AM »

Dave Gnr2k12 -

That 'shitty' little show has more listeners than Axl at this point.  I'm no Rhome fan but millions tune in on a daily basis.  Axl and the fake GnR couldn't draw 20,000 at most arenas.  But fear not - I'm sure CD will be out by the turn of next century.

"It'll be out by 2009"
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2005, 01:27:54 AM »

I said take it to PMs.

Practice what you preach.

..and its nice you had to pull comments from a different thread.

Just proving the hypocrisy of your prior request.

Point proved.

thank you.

Oh, you're quite welcome.? rofl

Bringing this back to topic, again..

This was just 2 cats having a go at Axl. As YG said "its just another person saying the same old stuff about washed up Axl Rose".? It's just fodder.?

That said, Rome's show is the highest rated sports talk radio show in the US and is heard by millions of people in North America daily.? It's the same show that interviewed Tommy Stinson around the release of VGH last year and the same show the opening of WTTJ plays on multiple times going to and coming back from commercial break every week day.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2005, 03:42:31 AM »

This isn't anything new.  Anybody here watch Conan O'Brien?  I've heard him make Axl jokes somewhat frequently, and recently.  The man has made himself into a joke.  And until he comes back and proves the joke-makers wrong, that's all he's gonna be to some people.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2005, 01:01:41 PM »

Dave Gnr2k12 -

That 'shitty' little show has more listeners than Axl at this point.? I'm no Rhome fan but millions tune in on a daily basis.? Axl and the fake GnR couldn't draw 20,000 at most arenas.? But fear not - I'm sure CD will be out by the turn of next century.

Gnr did in the major markets like Boston, NY, Philly (even though it go cancelled) etc etc.? Like I said before. Gnr sold a lot of tix for a band with no new album in site at the time and no promotion for the tour. The funny thing is they out sold ticket wise VR, so what do you have to say about that? Or what about the GHs selling 6 million or so world wide? The fact is they are still talking about Axl, and he is not in the spotlight so what does that tell you? You really think is Slash or Weiland was out of the spotlight that some random people on the radio would be talking about them? I don't think so.

Also, Rome is a joke; most people hate him (any knowledgeable sports fan).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 01:03:37 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2005, 01:39:24 PM »

No promotion for the tour? I guess other than closing out the VMA's, constant radio adds, MTV giving concert updates, Buckethead getting pub, etc....., etc........there actually was little promotion.  confused

Please explain what no promotion for a tour means to u, cause I'm pretty sure everyone who needed to know, knew. I guess I also wonder why if GH's sold millions of copies, why couldn't botaxl & his hired friends sellout places around the USA?

Back on topic. Jim Rome & his show is anything but a joke. He has both a radio & television show on the world's leading sports network. Explain how he/his shows are a joke. It seems that u have a instant reaction to anyone/thing that slags on whaxl by saying that he/they are jokes that don't matter. So, according to you, everyone else in the world sux & is stupid, except axl rose. You see the failure of logic there?

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2005, 02:03:13 PM »

No promotion for the tour? I guess other than closing out the VMA's, constant radio adds, MTV giving concert updates, Buckethead getting pub, etc....., etc........there actually was little promotion.? confused

Please explain what no promotion for a tour means to u, cause I'm pretty sure everyone who needed to know, knew. I guess I also wonder why if GH's sold millions of copies, why couldn't botaxl & his hired friends sellout places around the USA?

Back on topic. Jim Rome & his show is anything but a joke. He has both a radio & television show on the world's leading sports network. Explain how he/his shows are a joke. It seems that u have a instant reaction to anyone/thing that slags on whaxl by saying that he/they are jokes that don't matter. So, according to you, everyone else in the world sux & is stupid, except axl rose. You see the failure of logic there?

There was no promotion for the tour. In boston, there was just that clip that was played on the radio and it was played ONCE maybe TWICE, and that was it.? I sat next to a couple at the boston show and they did not hear one thing about the show until a few days before the show, and the same goes for some people behind me. If you did not come to the boards you did not know there was a gnr show being played.?

The fact is most bands have albums that promote the concerts they are playing while gnr did not have an album to promote, thus not many people knew about the concert. Did you even hear what the casual gnr fans that were not from the boards said about gnr? They did not even know Axl was back or gnr were touring again. Like the point made on this board back then some people didnt even know Slash and duff were not still in the band when Axl was touring. So what does that tell you?

Like I said gnr sold out or sold 90% of capicity for a lot of their shows, the shows that were not very full were the shoes that were in the middle of nowwhere.? ?Yeah like gnr are? going to sell out a show with no album in idaho. Come on now.

As for Rome shows being a joke. When I say that I mean its awful. Just like mike and the mad dog. It doesnt matter that? you have a show on the radio, a lot of shows that are played nationwide suck and are a joke.? Just look at Don Imus.? I always hated Rome since his whole Jim Everette thing. IT was all for a show and it was dumb.? He just says off the wall shit to get people to watch.? Maybe I am spoiiled by the great sports radio (WEEI) in boston and everything else pales in comparison, but i hated Rome and his show before the Axl comments and I still hate it after.

Do you even listen or watch his show?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 02:10:48 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2005, 03:10:51 PM »

When you live in big citys like NY or Boston there is promotion by word of mouth.? All the radio stations in the area tell fans weeks ahead of time, plus 75%? probably thought most of GNR was still intact. I always see people on other band sites saying Izzy the main songwriter is still in GNR. They confuse him with Dizzy.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2005, 04:22:13 PM »

Whether one likes Rome or his show is absolutely irrelevent, the show reaches audiences far and wide.  That is an undisputable fact.

When Tommy appeared on Rome's show last year, I started this thread as well:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=14874.0

Why no shouts of "The Rome show is a joke" or "it's awful" then?

Very telling indeed...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2005, 05:00:09 PM »

Whether one likes Rome or his show is absolutely irrelevent, the show reaches audiences far and wide.? That is an undisputable fact.

When Tommy appeared on Rome's show last year, I started this thread as well:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=14874.0

Why no shouts of "The Rome show is a joke" or "it's awful" then?

Very telling indeed...

I did not post in that thread now did I? So what is your point? I don't live on these boards like you do. Since I missed the thread.? If you have noticed over the past few months (not counting the last two weeks)? I have been posting less and less on these boards. I have been busy around this time every year. So you really have no point on this since I did not even see that thread and I did not post in it. So please next time think before you post, so that you have a point to your ramblings.

But like I said it does not matter how many people his show reaches, Jim Rome sucks. If you knew anything about sports you would know that.

The only real telling thing is you continue to make no points in your threads.
Oh btw, it even makes  you look much worse  you had to search for a thread that happened over a year ago esp since like I said i didnt even post in the thread. WOW. Great dective work.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 05:08:38 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: