Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 12:03:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Don't kill the messenger...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't kill the messenger...  (Read 5486 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« on: August 02, 2005, 01:02:28 PM »

...but Axl just got hammered on the nationally syndicated Jim Rome show, otherwise known as "The Jungle"..

Coming back from commercial with "WTTJ" leading back into the broadcast, ESPN''s The Sklar Brothers guest hosting with Josh Elliot of ESPN Classic guesting commented on Axl and GNR..

Some tidbits, paraphrasing..

- A comparison to Jarod from the Subway commercials fame, although characterizing Axl as the "before" overweight Jarod.

- GNR having "it all going for them" until they released November Rain, commenting on the nonsense of the orchestration and whatnot..

- Losing all respect for any supermodels with the realiization Stephanie Seymour had indeed dated Axl..

- A few more random jabs at Axl's hair/braids/extentions...

Keep in mind these guys are comedians so everyone is fair game, also keep in mind the Jim Rome Show goes out to millions of listeners on a daily basis...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 01:05:34 PM »

Free PR!

Maybe one listener will go out and buy a GN'R album after hearing about GN'R on that show....  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 01:06:31 PM »

I won't kill you Falcon!

Axl can't expect to be treated as anything but a joke by non-GNR fans.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 01:42:01 PM »

Jim Rome rules, he tells it like it is.  I am a huge fan and have been since 87 but even I am starting to think of this as a big joke. 
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 01:55:48 PM »

Its a shame Axl wont just go out and prove these people wrong. His image has become someone whose past their prime living an extravagent lifestyle.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 02:07:10 PM »

...but Axl just got hammered on the nationally syndicated Jim Rome show, otherwise known as "The Jungle"..

Coming back from commercial with "WTTJ" leading back into the broadcast, ESPN''s The Sklar Brothers guest hosting with Josh Elliot of ESPN Classic guesting commented on Axl and GNR..

Some tidbits, paraphrasing..

- A comparison to Jarod from the Subway commercials fame, although characterizing Axl as the "before" overweight Jarod.

- GNR having "it all going for them" until they released November Rain, commenting on the nonsense of the orchestration and whatnot..

- Losing all respect for any supermodels with the realiization Stephanie Seymour had indeed dated Axl..

- A few more random jabs at Axl's hair/braids/extentions...

Keep in mind these guys are comedians so everyone is fair game, also keep in mind the Jim Rome Show goes out to millions of listeners on a daily basis...

And we care about this because? I think its funny if someone bad mouthed slash on a show and I went to the VR board and reported that you would be first in line to bash me for it, yet when Axl is bashed on some shitty show you are always first in line to report it over here.? ? ok

The funny thing is, no matter how long Axl is away people still feel the need to talk about him, so what does that tell  you?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 03:07:06 PM »

Is jim rome that guy who called the guy he was interviewing 'chris everett' until he snapped and flipped over the table to attack him

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 03:13:28 PM »

Is jim rome that guy who called the guy he was interviewing 'chris everett' until he snapped and flipped over the table to attack him

Yes and that is was all a set up.  Both were in on it.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 03:14:09 PM »

And we care about this because? I think its funny if someone bad mouthed slash on a show and I went to the VR board and reported that you would be first in line to bash me for it, yet when Axl is bashed on some shitty show you are always first in line to report it over here.? ? ok

The funny thing is, no matter how long Axl is away people still feel the need to talk about him, so what does that tell? you?

Taking things personal again I see... ?yes

Keep looking for those Slash quotes... rofl

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 03:14:24 PM »

Here's the video....I love it

http://homepage.mac.com/jdmajaris/sportsfights/iMovieTheater91.html

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 03:16:35 PM »

Yep, that's Rome.?

He's apparently on vacation and the Sklar Brothers were sitting in today..

They also suggested Axl be cast in "The Surreal Life 6"..
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 03:19:41 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005, 03:21:14 PM »

The funny thing is, no matter how long Axl is away people still feel the need to talk about him, so what does that tell? you?

I am not talking anything personal, I just think its funny you bash me when I post things like this about Slash and you cry about it, yet  you do the very same thing  yourself.  And I dont look for slash quotes like you search and search for people on TV or online bashing Axl.   ok

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005, 03:31:27 PM »

I am not talking anything personal, I just think its funny you bash me when I post things like this about Slash and you cry about it, yet? you do the very same thing? yourself.? And I dont look for slash quotes like you search and search for people on TV or online bashing Axl.? ?ok

I can see that paranoia has run rampant again, take 2 Paxil and come back when/if reality sets in.

Back on topic, these guys are comedians, everyone from Axl Rose to Erkle got a little run today..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 03:36:08 PM »

I am not talking anything personal, I just think its funny you bash me when I post things like this about Slash and you cry about it, yet? you do the very same thing? yourself.? And I dont look for slash quotes like you search and search for people on TV or online bashing Axl.? ?ok

I can see that paranoia has run rampant again, take 2 Paxil and come back when/if reality sets in.

Back on topic, these guys are comedians, everyone from Axl Rose to Erkle got a little run today..

If you are going to take personal  shots take it to PMs please. Thanks  ok

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 04:02:37 PM »

You're dead, bird.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2005, 04:18:05 PM »

If you are going to take personal? shots take it to PMs please. Thanks? ok

As opposed to these "personal shots" of yours not taken to PM's?

... and you are too dumb to remember its not my fault.

And this..

Falcon I know how stupid you are and how fried your brain must be...

Checkmate.

Again, on topic...

These are just 2 fellas having some fun on a radio show..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Sudz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2005, 04:19:55 PM »

everyone from Axl Rose to Erkle got a little run today

I am SO fucking sick and tired of people blasting Erkle!! Shocked
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005, 04:20:46 PM »

So while all these axlluvers are planning the next wannabe gnr world tour, the real world continues to call out botaxl for the punchline he has become! This site & most members are so way left of reality, I guess that's what makes it so entertaining. Keep up the good work u bunch of weirdo's!

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2005, 06:39:46 PM »

I won't kill you Falcon!

Axl can't expect to be treated as anything but a joke by non-GNR fans.

I'm sure he's aware the perception of him publically isn't exactly high, he's always had an ear to the ground. 

My guess is it stings to a degree but as Jarmo said, it's also free PR.

I find it more interesting how some of the diehards get so defensive at the realization that Axl isn't revered by one and all..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2005, 06:42:41 PM »

Well, that's it. The SKYLAR BROTHERS don't like Axl, so I'm pawning off my GNR CD's right away.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: