Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:16:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  small axl mention on rockstar:INXS
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: small axl mention on rockstar:INXS  (Read 4477 times)
cbeier78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: August 01, 2005, 09:37:15 PM »

tonight on rockstar they brought in a vocal coach named ron anderson.   and they said he worked with axl rose.  does anbody have any idea in what time period he worked with axl in?  possibly now?  it may be a stupid post but i thought i would bring it up since there is nothing else gnr related to talk about.  i hope this isn't a dead horse.  and i'm sorry if it is beer
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 09:40:13 PM »

He is the guy that fucked up Axls voice and taught him to scream instead of sing.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 09:41:21 PM »

Here is an article about him working with Axl.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=6

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
cbeier78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 10:00:27 PM »

thanks for posting that article.  i've never seen that before.   it tells a good story as to how things used to work back in the day.  thanks again dave
Chief
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 12:21:20 AM »

great reading that article.. thanks for posting.
some things are still true today but some remains to be seen..........

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 03:46:02 AM »

watching that show just serves to reinforce what a whore and a sellout Dave Navarro has become
he is an amazingly talented player, but man has he veered off course in recent years

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 09:40:44 AM »

watching that show just serves to reinforce what a whore and a sellout Dave Navarro has become
he is an amazingly talented player, but man has he veered off course in recent years

Not to make this a Dave thing, but with Janes calling it a day and The Panic Channel (his new band) in the process of finishing their record and solidifying a deal he's opted to fill his plate with a few things outside of his normal realm.  From what he says, he spends time with the contestants daily and has become quite close to the whole situation.  Apparently "down time" is not a healthy thing for him, leaving him to his own devices tends to lead to the chance of bad habits creeping in.  On top of that, Janes was massively in debt when the plug was pulled and people gotta get paid..

Back on topic..
As for the vocal coach, he's a highly respected guy who's worked with the best.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 03:09:31 PM »

On a different note Rockstar:INXS is awesome some of their singers are amazing

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 03:12:54 PM »

No the show sucks, most of the singers are terrible. The only good ones are the chick from joy drop and that kid who butchered  we are the champions.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 05:40:57 PM »

Mickael Hutchence was one of the last icon frontman. I have the INXS DVD (Live Wembley 1991), Hutchence is phenomenal.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Kitano
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 06:59:25 PM »

Mickael Hutchence was one of the last icon frontman. I have the INXS DVD (Live Wembley 1991), Hutchence is phenomenal.

Considering all the groupies that wanted to get with him you have to wonder how he ended up dying while jerking off alone with a belt around his neck.   Roll Eyes
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005, 07:37:30 PM »

He was good for an album or so. Many great frontman have come and gone in America since INXS faded, quickly.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005, 08:22:18 PM »

That show is kinda a joke. Its star search/American Idol with a rock tinge to it. Hutchence was pretty much INXS in my mind so I don`t see them being taken too seriously when they go out & tour with the contest winner.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 12:47:52 AM »

No the show sucks, most of the singers are terrible. The only good ones are the chick from joy drop and that kid who butchered? we are the champions.

I actually like the show. Brooke Burke is smokin' and there are several good singers on it.  Regardless, I'm sure the band members are constantly thinking to themselves "I can't believe that dumbass hung himself - look what we've lowered ourselves to in order to find a replacement...". 

"It'll be out by 2009"
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 04:31:12 AM »

Considering all the groupies that wanted to get with him you have to wonder how he ended up dying while jerking off alone with a belt around his neck.   Roll Eyes

Aussies working in the hotel were asked to shut up because a woman was seen running and accordiong to one eye witness, she would be a known call girl.

Nothing to say
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2005, 05:23:30 AM »

Not to make this a Dave thing, but with Janes calling it a day and The Panic Channel (his new band) in the process of finishing their record and solidifying a deal he's opted to fill his plate with a few things outside of his normal realm.? From what he says, he spends time with the contestants daily and has become quite close to the whole situation.? Apparently "down time" is not a healthy thing for him, leaving him to his own devices tends to lead to the chance of bad habits creeping in.? On top of that, Janes was massively in debt when the plug was pulled and people gotta get paid..

Back on topic..
As for the vocal coach, he's a highly respected guy who's worked with the best.
I hear ya Flacon and agree somewhat. I dunno, I was such a Janes/Navarro fan and part of that was about the underground mysterious vibe they had, I guess it's just oversaturation has made me somewhat tired of the guy

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Amanda
Headliner

It Girl

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2005, 08:52:58 AM »

I love that show. I think Jordis is fab, though I doubt that a female will get the gig

Sippin' a drink and feeling fine.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2005, 06:04:35 PM »

Navarro does look ridiculous doing this show.  I thought I'd seen the worst when Jane's Addiction appeared on the Dave & Carmen show talking about his impending nuptials, but this takes the cake. 

The show has one talented girl (Jordis) which is probably a fluke.  And the fact that any one cares what the washed up members of INXS think about anything is laughable.  No one paid any attention to those guys when INXS was popular, why would they now? 

Topic?  One bright side of Axl being a hermit is, that he hasn't dived down to the Dave Navarro/Tommy Lee/Jani Lane sub level of begging for attention.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2005, 12:21:23 AM »

The show has one talented girl (Jordis) which is probably a fluke.? And the fact that any one cares what the washed up members of INXS think about anything is laughable.? No one paid any attention to those guys when INXS was popular, why would they now??

You are kidding right? Inxs was one of the biggest and best bands of the 80s

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2005, 05:26:39 AM »

INXS was big when the album "Kick" came out. They were very popular.Some of their songs are Classics like:
- never tears us appart
- suicide blond
- devil inside
- need you tonight
- new sensation
- By my Side
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 05:29:27 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: