Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:13:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Da'Beatles will Humiliate GNR forever? it's up to us!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Da'Beatles will Humiliate GNR forever? it's up to us!  (Read 32226 times)
shane.....
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2005, 07:55:56 PM »

This thread makes me want to vomit.

The history of Rock N Roll dates back to one song and only one song...Helter Skelter. A Paul McCartney work.

Rolling Stones suck. Period. End of story.
Pink Floyd sucks. Period. End of story.
Guns N' Roses rocks.
Beatles were better.
Guns N' Roses is my favorite band.
Beatles were not all pop.
Anyone who doesnt agree is a complete and total moron, and your opinion is wrong.

Idiots.

You sound real smart here, "anyone who doesnt agree is a complete and total moron." I dont agree. Im not a moron. I actually agree with most of it but its still just your opinion not a fact like you seem to say it is. The only thing id change would be

the rolling stones were ok, not sucky
pink floyd rocks, not sucks
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2005, 08:30:32 PM »

the beatles were the first boyband ever , then they changed their sound because rock n roll was 'the thing' to do, they had good melodies but no sense of originality, and they sure as hell don't know how to kick ass ! Black Sabbath and Led Zep are the best bands in the world, sharing top honors. Face it, why do you think the Beatles were so jealous of the rolling stones ? because the RS knew how to kick ass and didn't sound fake like them, 'oh I introduced marijuana to mick jagger' said one beatle at one time.... so fuckin what? do you want an award? you still sound like a sissy singing for 14 year old girls.

GNR is in the same vein as the stones, led zep and sabbath, the beatles come closer to the backstreet boys. hihi

Grin? yeah i can honestly say that The Beatles got fame when this stupid world had nothing to see on TV in 1962!? Roll Eyes , that's it!...but you gotta recognize something :? led zep and sabbath didn't have a singer like Axl, they didn't have a guitar player like Slash so that point makes a great difference between them!!!! as well GNR wrote songs about street violence, they wrote songs about sexual traumas, wrote songs about addictions n' they did speak shit about governors incluiding American governors too

they all played like LORDS when they were in the studio even when they got on stage too so i don't find another rock band that speciall like'em to date!...if you think up no one will sing like Axl cuz the guy is one in a million really!!!! he was born blessed by GOD so this world won't have another singer like him ONCE AGAIN!!!? smoking,? can y'all figure out Paul singin'? "Locomotive"?? rofl
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 08:37:19 PM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2005, 09:17:38 PM »

Ven, you're fucking nuts, Jimmy Page wipes the floor with Slash.  Robert Plant and Ozzy are no slouches either.  How can you say the bands that influenced GNR and Axl suck, that would by default make GNR suck.  You make no sense.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2005, 11:59:05 PM »

I will say that Slash in his prime vs. Page in his prime would be great.  Slash is a much more technical player then Page.  Page is very sloppy, even on his albums.  But, Page had great vision and production abilities.  He is a great riff writer.  But so is Slash.  They are two of my favorites, along with Angus, Jimmi, and Zakk.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2005, 03:42:35 AM »

Page is a fucking legend - Slash is the natural successor to Page, so to discredit Page is to do the same to Slash

AxlRoseVen, your posts are hilarious? beer

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2005, 04:21:45 AM »

the beatles were the first boyband ever , then they changed their sound because rock n roll was 'the thing' to do, they had good melodies but no sense of originality, and they sure as hell don't know how to kick ass ! Black Sabbath and Led Zep are the best bands in the world, sharing top honors. Face it, why do you think the Beatles were so jealous of the rolling stones ? because the RS knew how to kick ass and didn't sound fake like them, 'oh I introduced marijuana to mick jagger' said one beatle at one time.... so fuckin what? do you want an award? you still sound like a sissy singing for 14 year old girls.

GNR is in the same vein as the stones, led zep and sabbath, the beatles come closer to the backstreet boys. hihi

Grin? yeah i can honestly say that The Beatles got fame when this stupid world had nothing to see on TV in 1962!? Roll Eyes , that's it!...but you gotta recognize something :? led zep and sabbath didn't have a singer like Axl, they didn't have a guitar player like Slash so that point makes a great difference between them!!!! as well GNR wrote songs about street violence, they wrote songs about sexual traumas, wrote songs about addictions n' they did speak shit about governors incluiding American governors too

they all played like LORDS when they were in the studio even when they got on stage too so i don't find another rock band that speciall like'em to date!...if you think up no one will sing like Axl cuz the guy is one in a million really!!!! he was born blessed by GOD so this world won't have another singer like him ONCE AGAIN!!!? smoking,? can y'all figure out Paul singin'? "Locomotive"?? rofl

Page and Iommi both own Slash... there's just no comparison.

And Plant and Ozzy are great as well, although I do think Axl is the greatest frontman ever Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2005, 08:27:07 AM »

I think Coma can hang right up there with any Led Zepplin.  Page is too old now to play like he used to.  He is about 30% of his former self.  Slash is top 5 all time!!!! 

Hendrix
Slash
Page
Beck
Clapton
Eddie Van Halen
Stevie Ray Vaughn

That's my top 7, with Slash being my favorite.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2005, 08:44:09 AM »

Slash is top 5 all time!!!!?

His work on contraband is not top 5. He is not the same man. Not the same guitarist, like Page he has lost his edge....

Unlike Iommi... just check out FUSED, his work on fused just buries slash on contraband, and Iommi is like 20 years older than Slash.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Dr H Lecter
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2005, 09:57:08 AM »

The Beatles are the greatest band of all time. Its not something that can even be even argued or debated. If you don't like their music, especially the music they made during the last half of there existence, then you just don't like music.

"Everyone has there opinion?" Bullshit. You don't like Beatles, you don't deserve the gift of hearing.

LOL, yeah right, thanks for the laugh. I like music just fine and have exceptional hearing and I have never, nor will ever , like The beatles. To me their music is just reminiscent of nonsensical quirky brit pop dressed up in some pathetic attempt to be rebellious or dangerous/profound (LSD, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds etc..). Just look at their solo efforts, Paul Mc Cartney and the cringe inducing "Wings" with the oh so terrible "mull of Kintyre" (spelling?). I would propose that the only reason they broke America was that they offered a  remedy to the depression that hung over the States after the assassination of JFK. They're sugar coated meaningless lyrics (before they got "dark" and profound") offered a reprieve from what I can only imagine was a very traumatic experience for every American.
Greatest Ever, no way, not by a long shot. GNR, greatest ever, no, a flawed band also but one I listen to almost religiously and the only band I have ever heard that I never tire of, so if that is the metric for the "Greatest Ever" than it is GNR for me.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2005, 10:49:41 AM »

I think Coma can hang right up there with any Led Zepplin.? Page is too old now to play like he used to.? He is about 30% of his former self.? Slash is top 5 all time!!!!?

Hendrix
Slash
Page
Beck
Clapton
Eddie Van Halen
Stevie Ray Vaughn

You're talking just guitar players, right?  No Steve Vai?  No Joe Satriani?  No Carlos Santana? 

Roll Eyes

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2005, 11:00:29 AM »

The Beatles are the greatest band of all time. Its not something that can even be even argued or debated. If you don't like their music, especially the music they made during the last half of there existence, then you just don't like music.

"Everyone has there opinion?" Bullshit. You don't like Beatles, you don't deserve the gift of hearing.

LOL, yeah right, thanks for the laugh. I like music just fine and have exceptional hearing and I have never, nor will ever , like The beatles. To me their music is just reminiscent of nonsensical quirky brit pop dressed up in some pathetic attempt to be rebellious or dangerous/profound (LSD, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds etc..). Just look at their solo efforts, Paul Mc Cartney and the cringe inducing "Wings" with the oh so terrible "mull of Kintyre" (spelling?). I would propose that the only reason they broke America was that they offered a? remedy to the depression that hung over the States after the assassination of JFK. They're sugar coated meaningless lyrics (before they got "dark" and profound") offered a reprieve from what I can only imagine was a very traumatic experience for every American.
Greatest Ever, no way, not by a long shot. GNR, greatest ever, no, a flawed band also but one I listen to almost religiously and the only band I have ever heard that I never tire of, so if that is the metric for the "Greatest Ever" than it is GNR for me.

Once again...you don't like them.  That doesn't mean they aren't the greatest ever.  Your opinion of their music (which is all you cite, above) has no bearing on things, whatsoever.

People seem to be confusing "My favorite band" with "greatest band ever".  One is completely subjective and based on your opinion.  One can be measured objectively.  And neither has anything to do with the other.

the Beatles are the greatest band ever. Period. Ask anyone with any serious knowledge of music history.  It's not even like any of the "experts" on the subjects even disagree.... You might not like them, you might hate to listen to them, their music might make you want to jump from a 25th story window.  Doesn't matter.  They're still the greatest.  See earlier "Lance Armstrong" anecdote to understand why.  Someday, maybe, a band will come along that will eclipse their records (NOT the vinyl kind).  But, until that happens...it's a no brainer.

Together again,
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2005, 05:38:45 PM »

The Beatles got famous cos there was nothin to watch in '62? Well, how come Beatles albums still sell in droves today? How come there are people, including myself, who weren't even born in '62 (not even close) still love and admire the Beatles now? How come even a Beatle's name can sell something, hell last time Paul McCartney played near me tickets were 100 euro, and it sold out in a day? You are talking complete bullshit.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2005, 08:22:30 PM »

The Beatles are overhyped, but they're still one of the top 5 bands of the 60's. GnR is maybe in the top 10 of the 80's, but really, the competition is much stronger in the 80's. A huge factor for the Beatles was the lack of competition. They also got better near the end of their careers, which is rare for rock stars, so that won them over with many critics. Of course, popularity means nothing. Historically, they were influential, but bands like King Crimson were more creative.

It's a silly argument anyway. Rock and metal didn't really pick up until the early 70's anyway. The Beatles get credit for a little innovation, but they were technically lacking.

estranged.1098
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2005, 09:00:23 PM »

80's? Competition? For Guns N' Roses???
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2005, 09:02:46 PM »

Maynard James Keenan
Axl Rose
Dimebag (Yes, he was the main man in Pantera)
Robert Plant!

Love them all!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2005, 09:10:24 PM »

smoking  Well well well, now it's time to face this shocking TRUTH
... i know every artist has a price to be valued but why gnr has not been considered the way it meant to be?Huh  rant  , ...axl, duff, slash n' adler did their best from the start, they kicked the world in the mind WHEN other rock stars didn?t before!  no

Axl is the greatest singer EVER but some stupid persons still say that Paul sings better than Axl!  hihi , i also must tell other musicians like Matt n' Clark came to the band doin' all they could and they were goin' around the planet with gnr in 1991-1993 ...so if you?re a true gnr fan you gotta recognize that a deaf person can hear gnr has the best musicians the world has never had BEFORE! and that's the reason why it's gonna be me who'll put the Beatles over the place they had to be a LONG LONG TIME AGO, i mean into the trash-can!  Roll Eyes  !

... it?s time for us to bash?em cuz their fans say :  ?GNR was a real stupid band, their fans are real stoners who smoke their crack while they hear gnr?s stuff?   Angry   
...i know that true gnr fans will see that i'm fucking right to say this!  Grin

....so here y'all can read n' give ur own ideas about this scary situation that's been humiliating GNR after all this fucking time!

...n' please remember you're free to say all what you want cuz we shall accept that the Beatles made good songs but they didn't make real masterpieces like GNR did  Grin !,...we all must help gnr to make?em stay where they should be a long time ago I mean they should be recognized like the best Rock Band EVER!

...i don't wanna insult no one but it's up to us to Protect GNR forever n' ever!!!!!!!

-Peace !!!!!!!!!!!!  peace

And when I say that GN'R has fans who are like Britney Spears fans, people think I'm crazy and starts to say shit about me...

Dude, fuck off, go home and start to listen to bands like beatles, the who, jimi hendrix, aerosmith, pink floyd, judas priest, cream, janis joplin, elvis presley, queen, AC/DC, led zeppelin, free, bad company.......then you'll know the difference between GN'R and those bands...you'll see the difference between AXL and other vocalists like Freddie Mercury, Steven Tyler, Rob Halford and Paul Rogders!! And I just named a few!!!

I just hate this kind of people!!

estranged.1098
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2005, 09:14:33 PM »

Maynard James Keenan
Axl Rose
Dimebag (Yes, he was the main man in Pantera)
Robert Plant!

Love them all!

How can you even compare these to Guns N' Roses? As far as I'm concerned the 80's were a lost decade for music. Nirvana (like them or not) were real competition for Guns.

And to say The Beatles had no competition, please... the best bands in history (after them) were almost all in the 60's, and inspired by them.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2005, 10:30:25 PM »

I think Coma can hang right up there with any Led Zepplin.? Page is too old now to play like he used to.? He is about 30% of his former self.? Slash is top 5 all time!!!!?

Hendrix
Slash
Page
Beck
Clapton
Eddie Van Halen
Stevie Ray Vaughn

You're talking just guitar players, right?? No Steve Vai?? No Joe Satriani?? No Carlos Santana??

Roll Eyes

That's right Pilfrek,

First of all, in the early version of Santan, Carlos wasn't even the best in his band.  That my friend would be Neal Scholn.  As for Steve Vai....who was tought by Joe Satriani, is incredible, but not a trendsetter.  He just took what Eddie did and ran with it.  What legendary songs has Vai played on?  Wasn't whitesnake and DLR band his pinnacle?  Shredders for me are cool and neat, but don't equate to a hill of beans if they can't write a good tune or really rock.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2005, 11:03:31 PM »

Hendrix
Slash
Page
Beck
Clapton
Eddie Van Halen
Stevie Ray Vaughn

You're talking just guitar players, right?? No Steve Vai?? No Joe Satriani?? No Carlos Santana??

Roll Eyes

That's right Pilfrek,

First of all, in the early version of Santan, Carlos wasn't even the best in his band.? That my friend would be Neal Scholn.? As for Steve Vai....who was tought by Joe Satriani, is incredible, but not a trendsetter.? He just took what Eddie did and ran with it.? What legendary songs has Vai played on?? Wasn't whitesnake and DLR band his pinnacle?? Shredders for me are cool and neat, but don't equate to a hill of beans if they can't write a good tune or really rock.

That's why I asked if you were just talking guitar PLAYERS...meaning not song writers.  Vai, Santana, and Satriani are among the most technically gifted players on the planet..right along with Clapton, Hendrix,  (who, admittedly, is no longer on the planet), and Van Halen.  And while Neal WAS the man, early on in Santana, Carlos, today, has eclipsed him..and most other players.  And for Vai and Satriani's "playing on legendary songs"...well, they're not exactly main stream artists.  They're virtuoso's...it's a completely different type of music.  Certainly not the stuff you're going to hear on the radio.

I got to see Vai, Satriani and Malmsteen once.  It was an awsome display of technical ability, and some good music to boot.

Together again,
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2005, 12:05:17 AM »

I agree with what you are saying pilferk.  I guess I like slash because he is all I would ever want to be as a guitar player.  There are so many guys that are shedder knock offs, its sick.  I consider a Virtuoso a person that can play pretty much everything.  Zakk Wylde.....Virtuoso.  Buckethead, Virtuoso..  Some may disagree, but I think Slash is a Virtuoso in denial.  Can he tap?Huh?  Well yes, but in interviews said he won't in public.  Duff said sometimes during practice/rehersals, that Slash can play really, really fast.  I just like the fact that Slash plays for the song usually.  Honestly, I don't even really like Clapton that much.  I find him boring.  I just don't think Slash gets enough credit.  He is the pefect blend of many of the classic guitarists (Beck, Page, Mick Taylor).  He also arguably had the best tone of any of them.  Which is important.  Just listen to the Sweet Child Solo carefully, that right there puts him up there with any virtuoso in my book.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: