Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:32:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Da'Beatles will Humiliate GNR forever? it's up to us!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Da'Beatles will Humiliate GNR forever? it's up to us!  (Read 32187 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2005, 10:25:26 PM »

maybe i really just don't like the beatles because of Paul McCartney.  He is just such a puh c.  Unlike Mick or Keith.  Plus he was the ultimate ego maniac.  Satisfaction is not pop, that is rock.  Its talking about focking.  Mick is not saying, "I wanna hold your hand," he is saying I want to fock you.  Stones had some "pop" sounding songs, but the lyrics were always more sexual and dirty.  To me, the Stones are the greatest rock and roll band ever.  Look at Aerosmith, they wanted to be the Stones.  So did Izzy, Slash loves them.  Dizzy said the greatest album ever is Exile on Main St.  Axl sang their songs a lot.  Overall, rock bands dig the Stones much more then the Beatles.  AC/DC would have never exhisted either with out the Stones.  Garth Brooks has sold more albums then the Beatles, does that mean Garth Brooks is better then the beatles?  I didn't think so.  I like the Beatles, but they are not the greatest band ever for me.  I don't EVER put in their music to listen to.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »

ven is always on crack...
1) he copied this topic he posted in the nation like 3 months ago feat. the weirdiest poll i've ever seen
2)he states that axl is gay and that madagascar and the blues  is about an axl's gay relationship

he a fuckin funny-weird-WTF guy...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2005, 01:51:56 AM »

maybe i really just don't like the beatles because of Paul McCartney.? He is just such a puh c.? Unlike Mick or Keith.? Plus he was the ultimate ego maniac.? Satisfaction is not pop, that is rock.? Its talking about focking.? Mick is not saying, "I wanna hold your hand," he is saying I want to fock you.? Stones had some "pop" sounding songs, but the lyrics were always more sexual and dirty.? To me, the Stones are the greatest rock and roll band ever.? Look at Aerosmith, they wanted to be the Stones.? So did Izzy, Slash loves them.? Dizzy said the greatest album ever is Exile on Main St.? Axl sang their songs a lot.? Overall, rock bands dig the Stones much more then the Beatles.? AC/DC would have never exhisted either with out the Stones.? Garth Brooks has sold more albums then the Beatles, does that mean Garth Brooks is better then the beatles?? I didn't think so.? I like the Beatles, but they are not the greatest band ever for me.? I don't EVER put in their music to listen to.

Did I just read this right? Paul is a pussy but Mick isn't? Mick the lips who prances around the stage in the most flamboyant costumes and tank top mid shirts to show off is belly...and dances around like he as a cock up his ass, and flipping his wrists gayer then gayest gay person. Richard Simons I think was quoated as calling Mick a faggot. And about Keith. You know Johnny Depp did a pretty fucking great impression of Keith In Pirates. I think Keith and Mick also know a lot about being Pirates. Mick certaintly. I think Mick was the original Captain Feathersword. But Paul is a pussy. The man who wrote Helter Skeltor, is a pussy. Paul never pranced around like he was some kind of Butterfly like Jagger. I can't even believe you just said that. Paul at least comes off as a regular guy that could kick back and be cool. If you have seen his interview with Stern, you would see that he is a cool dude without ego. Calling him an ego maniac is ignorant. All the selfless things he has done, damn get educated before saying stupid shit about someone you obviously know little about.

Good for you don't listen to them. It must suck to be you.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2005, 07:28:57 AM »

Did I just read this right? Paul is a pussy but Mick isn't? Mick the lips who prances around the stage in the most flamboyant costumes and tank top mid shirts to show off is belly...and dances around like he as a cock up his ass, and flipping his wrists gayer then gayest gay person. Richard Simons I think was quoated as calling Mick a faggot. And about Keith. You know Johnny Depp did a pretty fucking great impression of Keith In Pirates. I think Keith and Mick also know a lot about being Pirates. Mick certaintly. I think Mick was the original Captain Feathersword. But Paul is a pussy. The man who wrote Helter Skeltor, is a pussy. Paul never pranced around like he was some kind of Butterfly like Jagger. I can't even believe you just said that. Paul at least comes off as a regular guy that could kick back and be cool. If you have seen his interview with Stern, you would see that he is a cool dude without ego. Calling him an ego maniac is ignorant. All the selfless things he has done, damn get educated before saying stupid shit about someone you obviously know little about.

Good for you don't listen to them. It must suck to be you.

Exactly, good points man....

I love the Stones and all, but calling McCartney a pussy compared to Jagger is BS. Do these people even know that Jagger actually admitted to having had some gay interactions with certain men? There's an interview in which he admitted it (although he said nothing ever got too serious). Do they know that some of Keith Richard's girlfriends where absolutely confident that Jagger saw more in Keith than just a friend? I have no problem with gay people, but to paint a picture where McCartney is portrayed as some sort of tutu-wearing-queen, and Jagger as the ?bermacho is just plain BS.

-PEACE-

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2005, 08:19:00 AM »

I'm shocked and appalled.

I'm a HUGE GnR fan...HUGE.  But the Beatles are the greatest band in history, and to deny that is to deny empirical evidence.  More #1 albums than any other band, more #1 singles than any other band, more albums in the top 10 than any other band, more albums sold than any band, more weeks in the top 100 than any other band.  They hold more RECORDS in the music industry than any other band.  The WERE the music of the 60's and 70's.  From mop top pop boy band to soulful rock band, they actually did what most bands only dream of: They EVOLVED.  And yet, some people posting here ONLY seem to remember "I wanna hold your hand" and "she loves me"?  WTF.  Have you even LISTENED to most of the Beatles catalog?  "The White Album"?  "Abbey Road"? "Sgt Peppers"?  Or are you railing against their greatness firmly on their reputation and the snippets you've seen on TV?

I can respect people saying they dislike the Beatles music.  That's a matter of personal taste (and realize that, simply by album sales alone, even today, your in the minority with that opinion).  But to say things like "the Beatles suck" or "Paul has no talent" just flies in the face of reality.  Paul is one of the most accomplished and talented musicians of his generation.  So was John.  They were hardly hacks.  And comparing their music to the music of today is comparing apples to oranges.  No, actually, apple seeds to jet airplanes....  They have nothing in common because they were produced during completely different times.  Most people complaining about the Beatles music in this thread, I would dare to venture, complain because the music doesn't sound like what they like to listen to today.  Well...no shit.  It was produced 30 - 40 years ago!

the Beatles are (and you can ask any person working in the industry today) the forerunner of every modern band today.  They innovated not just musically, but they WHOLE industry, itself.  To not recognize that, and their place in music history, is to demonstrate a fundamental lack of knowledge on the subject.  You may not like them, and their music, from a personal taste standpoint, but you have to respect them and give them their due.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2005, 08:32:06 AM »

i really cant see how the beatles are the greatest band ever.

Its boring, outdated and just not the type of rock i want.

html sucks
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2005, 08:53:39 AM »

i really cant see how the beatles are the greatest band ever.

Its boring, outdated and just not the type of rock i want.

Which means "you don't like them".? That's an opinion that can be respected.

Let me put it this way:

Lance Armstrong is, without question, the greatest Tour de France cyclist in history.? Why is it without question?? Becauase he's won more times than anyone.? This is fact.

Many french people dislike him immensely.? This is opinion.

the Beatles are the greatest band in music history BECAUSE they've done more, hold more records (the Guiness book kind), sold more records (the vinyl kind), had more #1's,  basically are "the best band" by every non-subjective metric used by the industry to measure success.? That is fact.

You don't like their music because it sounds "boring and outdated" (again, appleseeds to jet airplanes...you're obviously, as I suggested in my first post, comparing the Beatles music to modern music...when, in fact, their music predates modern music by 30-40 years).? That is opinion.

See where we're going?

Together again,
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2005, 11:56:23 AM »

My woman hates the Yankees. Fucking hates them. But she can't deny that they are the greatest franchise in Baseball, if not in all of professional sports, winning more titles and various other accomplishments. I used to think Mike Tyson was the greatest boxer ever, despite my dad telling me why Ali was and forever will be the greatest. I was way fucking ignorant. I embarrassed by many comments and arguments I made regarding that issue with my dad. Ali was the greatest. Time only makes that clearer. And time only proves the impact the Beatles made.

I don't remember there being Gunner mania. They were the biggest band in the world during those few short years, but they certaintly didnt create mass hysteria like the Beatles did. No band ever did. They have gotten new fans with every passing generation. Shit kids who are experimenting with weed and are looking for some cool shit to listen to, will soon enough discover what millions already have. Beatles have created albums that are second to no band, in being the best albums to trip and kick back to. Whatever the mood their is Beatles music for.

Pilferk  covered the $$$ issue difference between the Beatles and everyone else.

The Beatles also had several movies that have had wide release. Hard Days night and Yellow Submarine alone earned several awards. Damn Yellow Submarine is a trip for any fan of animation. That is some cool shit. Kids, Stoners, and animation fans, dig this to no end.

They had their own teleivision show. Their are several music stations world wide that are dedicated to the Beatles and nothing but the Beatles. Right where I am, I have 97.1 has their Breakfast with the Beatles, and Itunes music has 2 channels with nothing Beatles music.

Shit I will stop their. Let me know when another band has had a fraction of the success and accomplishments as the Beatles. And I can't recommend the Beatles Anthology enough, to any of you who don't get why the Beatles are the greatest band of all time. One day, you will all get it.

The lightbulb in your head will turn on and you will say, "Ok, I get it...damn, I am a dumbass."

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2005, 12:07:47 PM »

basically your saying the beatles happened to be very sucessfull, this is only because at that time alot of people liked them and still do, doesnt mean there music is great.

html sucks
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2005, 12:30:05 PM »

Their music changed the world dude. McCartney/Lennon are arguably the greatest most prolific songwriters in rock history. Look how many albums they released in that decade, with each one being packed full of number one hits. The Beatles knew nothing of the word "Filler." They later dedicated themselves to their music completely retiring from concerts and tours. They decided to stay in the studio and perfect their craft, which they did. The music they made is undeniable. The music is that great.

Just want to add, that it is really strange that there is even debate about this. It would be like having a debate with someone over the shape of a Basketball. The ball is round. It just is.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 12:34:07 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2005, 12:42:12 PM »

basically your saying the beatles happened to be very sucessfull, this is only because at that time alot of people liked them and still do, doesnt mean there music is great.

Again, you're basing your statements on your subjective opinion.? You don't like their music, from 30 years ago, NOW, so it's not any good.? It's like saying Beethoven sucks because his music doesn't sound like Trans-Siberian Orchestra.... It's a matter of having a perspective of history.? Many young people lack that perspective...I know I did when I was younger.

And think about what you're saying.? "They were the single most successful band in history because their music sucked.? Millions of albums sold across generations of music fans because their music isn't any good.? Their albums sell like hotcakes, even today, because they didn't have more than a couple of good songs".? Does that really make a bit of sense to you.

The Beatles were not flashes in the pan, either.? They were releasing huge amounts of material for more than a decade.

We get that YOU don't like the Beatles music.? Again, personal taste and all that...but you still can't deny, by any objective measure, that they were the greatest band ever.? You just can't....not and make any semblance of sense.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 02:10:19 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
usurper
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2005, 12:58:14 PM »

smoking? Well well well, now it's time to face this shocking TRUTH
... i know every artist has a price to be valued but why gnr has not been considered the way it meant to be?Huh? rant? , ...axl, duff, slash n' adler did their best from the start, they kicked the world in the mind WHEN other rock stars didn’t before!? no ,?

Axl is the greatest singer EVER but some stupid persons still say that Paul sings better than Axl!? hihi , i also must tell other musicians like Matt n' Clark came to the band doin' all they could and they were goin' around the planet with gnr in 1991-1993 ...so if you’re a true gnr fan you gotta recognize that a deaf person can hear gnr has the best musicians the world has never had BEFORE! and that's the reason why it's gonna be me who'll put the Beatles over the place they had to be a LONG LONG TIME AGO, i mean into the trash-can!? Roll Eyes? !

... it’s time for us to bash’em cuz their fans say :? “GNR was a real stupid band, their fans are real stoners who smoke their crack while they hear gnr’s stuff”? ?Angry? ?
...i know that true gnr fans will see that i'm fucking right to say this!? Grin

....so here y'all can read n' give ur own ideas about this scary situation that's been humiliating GNR after all this fucking time!

...n' please remember you're free to say all what you want cuz we shall accept that the Beatles made good songs but they didn't make real masterpieces like GNR did? Grin !,...we all must help gnr to make’em stay where they should be a long time ago I mean they should be recognized like the best Rock Band EVER!

...i don't wanna insult no one but it's up to us to Protect GNR forever n' ever!!!!!!!

-Peace !!!!!!!!!!!!? peace

I am so fucking tired of you AxlRoseVen, you make me sick...

You started the same fucking thread on the chinese democracy board and you got your animal-raping ass banned because your a fucking dumbass
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2005, 01:17:25 PM »

Just cause I think Smoking gun is funny. Here's to you dude:

(And it is too hard to just pick one)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 01:19:26 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

patience26
Rocker

There`s someone in my head, but it?s not me...

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2005, 01:24:44 PM »

The thread in Chinese Democracy has last for about 2 months!!!! Hi Ven, I tougth that you had enough of this issue, but gess you can`t help your self! good to see you in this forum too! And Yes, you Know, i like GNR better than the Beatles ( Beatles were, for me, just an averege band, in my opinion, of course )!!!

Rock on  peace

Blame it on the Falung Gong!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2005, 02:17:02 PM »

Before Paul would play Live 8 he had to be the opening and closing act......WHY?? HEY JUDE WAS SO FOCKING LAME.? IT SHOULD HAVE JUST ENDED WITH PINK FLOYD.?

John lennon was the better writer and singer.? Paul McCartney just looks like a puss.? Ya, Mick does some queer sheot I guess, but he is a much better front man then Paul.? But I guess paul was never a front man.? I would take Let it Bleed any day over Let it Be.? Let it Bleed by the Stones is an incredible album.? Paul McCartney at the Superbowl was incredibly lame too.? What the fock is so great about the song "Get Back?"? What is brilliant about that?? Nothing!! I think Helter Skelter was written by Lennon, not McCartney.? Imagine, by John Lennon is his best song ever, but that wasn't the beatles now is it.? If you say the Beatles are the greatest band ever, then I say Elvis is better.? Elvis was even more influential.? To who you ask?.....................THE FOCKING BEATLES!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 02:23:48 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2005, 02:27:45 PM »

Mick kind of looks like Eddie Van Halen in the above pic.  What about Axl in spandex, that looked gay, though we all know he is not....
Sudz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2005, 02:44:18 PM »

Now I love the Stones as much as the next guy (seen 'em 3 times in concert), but if you think Mick is the manliest of men, sometime when you're bored visit the friendly people at google and type David Bowie Mick Jagger

*I should probably note that Bowie's ex-wife did later retract her statement, saying that just because she found David and Mick in bed together naked doesn't mean they were having sex.

This thread is getting kinda funny.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2005, 02:48:09 PM »

Beatles certainly have an important place in the music history, denying it would be just stupid. Im no fan of them, I own no Beatles cd. I think Pink Floyd are much better musicians, I would put the Stones over Beatles anyday. I consider Beatles a pop band for the most part. I prefer Syd Barrett psycodelic music.
Being the first certainly helps and they certainly have more than 2 or 3 good songs like that pet AxlVen suggested.

Just some random thoughts  Wink

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2005, 03:14:54 PM »

Before Paul would play Live 8 he had to be the opening and closing act......WHY?? HEY JUDE WAS SO FOCKING LAME.? IT SHOULD HAVE JUST ENDED WITH PINK FLOYD.?

John lennon was the better writer and singer.? Paul McCartney just looks like a puss.? Ya, Mick does some queer sheot I guess, but he is a much better front man then Paul.? But I guess paul was never a front man.? I would take Let it Bleed any day over Let it Be.? Let it Bleed by the Stones is an incredible album.? Paul McCartney at the Superbowl was incredibly lame too.? What the fock is so great about the song "Get Back?"? What is brilliant about that?? Nothing!! I think Helter Skelter was written by Lennon, not McCartney.? Imagine, by John Lennon is his best song ever, but that wasn't the beatles now is it.? If you say the Beatles are the greatest band ever, then I say Elvis is better.? Elvis was even more influential.? To who you ask?.....................THE FOCKING BEATLES!!!!!

Note: Elvis is not a band..thus he can not be the greatest band of all time.

And I agree, I, too, think John was a better song writer and singer than Paul.? But Paul is no hack. And John was taken from us, so it's not like it's fair to compare the Paul of today with the John of yesteryears.? ?And the band contained BOTH people, remember. Smiley

As for "Get Back"...it's a very good song.  Read the lyrics sometime.  Put them in the historical context of Sgt Peppers and realize they were written 30 years ago, and not yesterday. (Yesterday....all my troubles seemed so far away....another classic).

« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 03:19:46 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2005, 07:01:53 PM »

This thread makes me want to vomit.

The history of Rock N Roll dates back to one song and only one song...Helter Skelter. A Paul McCartney work.

Rolling Stones suck. Period. End of story.
Pink Floyd sucks. Period. End of story.
Guns N' Roses rocks.
Beatles were better.
Guns N' Roses is my favorite band.
Beatles were not all pop.
Anyone who doesnt agree is a complete and total moron, and your opinion is wrong.

Idiots.

poop
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: