Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:08:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Da'Beatles will Humiliate GNR forever? it's up to us!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Da'Beatles will Humiliate GNR forever? it's up to us!  (Read 32221 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005, 03:56:20 AM »

Fact. Mick Jagger sat in the studio when the Beatles had some recording sessions. He can be seen along with hundreds others during Hey Jude (its in the anthology). Let it Bleed-Let it Be...think.

If you don't dig the Beatles, then you don't appreciate the 60's music scene at all. The Beatles didn't follow any trends. They Lead it. Influencing the Stones heavily (again listen to what Mick says in the Antholgy), and even Hendrix (same source).

Confucious say: You want to know what the 60's were all about, listen to Beatles music.

They weren't flavor of the month boy band, and saying that is disrespectful. One day you will apreciate what Im saying.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005, 04:08:43 AM »

I used to listen to the beatles until my ears bled....but then again I was 15.... and totally grew out of it.

Im not saying they are the worst band ever, but they do fall on the boyband category in my book.
 Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Sudz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2005, 05:22:24 AM »

Face it, why do you think the Beatles were so jealous of the rolling stones ? because the RS knew how to kick ass and didn't sound fake like them, 'oh I introduced marijuana to mick jagger' said one beatle at one time.... so fuckin what? do you want an award? you still sound like a sissy singing for 14 year old girls.

Any hype between the 2 bands was totally press generated. Read any biographies of any members of the 2 bands and they all say the Stones and the Beatles were friends. In addition to the point made by Buddha, the first time John Lennon performed without the Beatles was on the Rolling Stones Rock N' Roll Circus video and if you check out the cover of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, you will see that the doll in the front right of the picture is wearing a sweater that says "Welcome the Rolling Stones"

Probably even Axl likes at least 1 of the Beatles as he not only covered "Live and Let Die" but continues to play it in concerts all the time. (When there are concerts anyway)

This thread is about as pointless as somebody trying to defend the New Kids on the Block against the humiliation the Backstreet Boys have inflicted on them. I think it's pretty much okay to like both the Beatles and Gn'R (If you like NKOTB or BB feel free to get your head checked ::)Actually it's even more pointless considering the 2 bands existed like twenty years apart.

BTW Buddha, love the avatar, did you find a way to get the clock off the movie thats available online?
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2005, 05:36:32 AM »

the Beatles just have 2 or 3 good songs...

rofl I'm slowly starting to become a fan of AxlRoseVen.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2005, 10:40:30 AM »

To me, the beatles were John Lennon, not Paul McCartney.  Paul McCartney is so focking lame these days.  It was Lennon that had the edge and is what made the Beatles good.  I would still take the stones any day over them. 
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2005, 10:43:30 AM »

I used to listen to the beatles until my ears bled....but then again I was 15.... and totally grew out of it.

Im not saying they are the worst band ever, but they do fall on the boyband category in my book.
 Tongue

except that boybands don't make their own music, which is a huge difference in my opinion...

and boybands don't play their own instruments...

and boyband boys don't go on to become rock n' roll legends like lennon, or just musical geniouses like Paul Mc....

ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2005, 11:27:42 AM »

I think maybe some of you think the Beatles were just the mop tops who sang twist and shout and can't buy me love. They don't know from the Beatles that were from the late 60's that were on the front lines of the Hippie/Peace/Love/Drug movement, that spent months meditating in India, and created transcendant music that sounds absolutly timeless. They created psychedelic music that is as moving and zen today as it was then. The music the 4 of them made with Martin, were journeys and were layered meticulously. The production that went into the later albums, the industy is still playing catch up.

You don't appreciate that, then you are a right wing square. When you decide to open your mind, then really listen for once, and you just might appreciate the genius.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2005, 02:06:09 PM »

I think maybe some of you think the Beatles were just the mop tops who sang twist and shout and can't buy me love. They don't know from the Beatles that were from the late 60's that were on the front lines of the Hippie/Peace/Love/Drug movement, that spent months meditating in India, and created transcendant music that sounds absolutly timeless. They created psychedelic music that is as moving and zen today as it was then. The music the 4 of them made with Martin, were journeys and were layered meticulously. The production that went into the later albums, the industy is still playing catch up.

You don't appreciate that, then you are a right wing square. When you decide to open your mind, then really listen for once, and you just might appreciate the genius.

na-ah, I have everything. They're still over rated.
and I never said the stones didn't like the beatles-

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2005, 02:30:05 PM »

Ven is a legend. rofl

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2005, 04:04:56 PM »

Ven is a legend. rofl

I think I agree yes

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2005, 04:19:29 PM »

Buddha Master everyone does have an opinion, yet the Beatles are amazing.

AxlRoseVen: GNR is the favorite band of the board (mine too), but the Beatles have way more than 2-3 good tunes and they are the greatest band ever. The Beatles are not overated. They released so many albums and had I think 27 number one hits, GN'R had 1. they're a great band. The Beatles had plenty of masterpieces too.

Wait till Nov. 29 (kidding) before you say GNR is better than the Beatles

They just thought Id know better. Better.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2005, 04:25:12 PM »

Fact. Mick Jagger sat in the studio when the Beatles had some recording sessions. He can be seen along with hundreds others during Hey Jude (its in the anthology). Let it Bleed-Let it Be...think.

If you don't dig the Beatles, then you don't appreciate the 60's music scene at all. The Beatles didn't follow any trends. They Lead it. Influencing the Stones heavily (again listen to what Mick says in the Antholgy), and even Hendrix (same source).

Confucious say: You want to know what the 60's were all about, listen to Beatles music.

They weren't flavor of the month boy band, and saying that is disrespectful. One day you will apreciate what Im saying.

I think they adopted the trends and adapted them to their very own sound, together with all the other things they were into at the time. That's why they evolved themselves. (heard this one before ? Tongue)
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2005, 04:30:08 PM »

My favorite is the signature: "Should I fuck ya while your ass is dirty?" ... I mean wtflol Grin

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2005, 04:54:37 PM »

My favorite is the signature: "Should I fuck ya while your ass is dirty?" ... I mean wtflol Grin
puke
Geez Your taste is as good as MCT's.
I don't know about his other fav, the molester guy tho. I haven't seen such a member here. headscratch
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2005, 05:14:05 PM »

Yes. Do I have to repeat the question?? Tongue

the Beatles don't deserve to be loved too much cuz GNR did produce amazing songs like Sweet Child O'mine, Welcome to the Jungle, Madagascar, etc but the Beatles just have 2 or 3 good songs...so if they're "the greatest band ever" why they couldn't make a song like Estranged? I guees it's just cuz Paul was smoking crack too much that time to do it!? hihi

Let It Be, Come Together, Get Back, Revolution 9, Strawberry Fields Forever, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, The Ballad of John and Yoko, Blackbird, Sgt.Peppers, Helter Skelter, Hey Jude.

Are the first few to come to mind, and I could go on naming for much longer if I wanted to. A band who have been loved by millions of critics and every day people alike for over 40 years are not going to be killed by a group of GnR fans. And not even the entire GnR fanbase just a few people who want to shove GnR down the rest of the world's throat. Don't get me wrong GnR are overrated on an international basis, definitely, but I don't see what a bunch of their fans trying to kill the Beatles off is going to do, it would actually probably make the problem even worse.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2005, 05:38:42 PM »

I don't know about his other fav, the molester guy tho. I haven't seen such a member here. headscratch

I sort of missed the guy too, as far as I know he posted something controversial in the Jungle and got banned/left afterwards. Don't know what it was about, but I suspect some form of molestation was involved nervous

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2005, 06:16:02 PM »

I sort of missed the guy too, as far as I know he posted something controversial in the Jungle and got banned/left afterwards. Don't know what it was about, but I suspect some form of molestation was involved nervous
Strange to say, I haven't ever seen or read any of his post but I think I already have a pretty good idea what he's like.
I wouldn't miss him.

Hey, we still have plenty!  confused
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2005, 09:25:02 PM »

If there were no Beatles there wouldn't have been a GNR.  I love GNR but the Beatles have influence everything from country to rock to even rap.  Their scope is spectacular.  The 1 album was the #1 album in the world for awhile.  For a band that's been gone for nearly 40 years that's awesome to think about.  GNR couldn't do that and they've only been gone for 10+.

In response to a previous post about the Beatles being pop and the Stones not.  Uhhhh....the Stones were quite poppy in their early years.  The albums prove it.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2005, 09:50:31 PM »

yeah I know - that is so random? hihi

and the following of it with "I love you till the bitter end" or somesuch  rofl rofl
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 11:09:29 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2005, 10:03:39 PM »

This thread amuses me.

The Beatles did many innovative things within the genre of rock music. GnR was for the most part a very good rock band. There wasn't anything GnR did that hadn't been done by the Stones, Queen, the Beatles, etc. years before them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: