Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:37:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ATTENTION: strong rumours going on over at mygnr.com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ATTENTION: strong rumours going on over at mygnr.com  (Read 22733 times)
sp1at
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2005, 06:23:30 PM »

Sp1at, you think my opinions are banal, but you want me to post at the Sp1at forum? That's funny. My opinions aren't banal, and you know it. You just want me to go liven up Sp1at's dead forum. I dont think so. I'll just stay with my comrades here in hell. You say people don't like me here? I disagree. Not everyone agrees with what I have to say, but I think they respect my opinions. I dont insult people on a personal level, I try to debate in a mature fashion. Sure, the debates get heated sometimes, but that doesn't mean that people here hate me. Sp1at, instead of insulting me and trying to get me to go to Sp1at's forum, head over to mygnr and try your recruiting tactics on them. It might work over there.

All I am asking you is, stick to the rules of this site. This thread is about the information posted on the thread. If you feel the need to comment on our site, there is a category here where you can mention our site, or you can email me

It is about respect, James. Nothing more.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2005, 06:32:19 PM »

Sp1at, I do respect the rules here. I was discussing the topic. The topic of this thread is the bullshit Sp1at article. I'm not the only person who feels this way about it. But I dont need to see this thread get hijacked by you starting to bash me. So I'll stop posting in this thread. I made my point. By the way, hell will freeze over before I start frequenting your Sp1at forum.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2005, 06:32:36 PM »

It seems that the debate about Sp1at occurs here around twice a month. ?Nothings been solved but a bunch of people getting hot under the collar about Sp1at. ?I think it's simple, everyone follow the rules and we won't have these issues. ?Sp1at firmly states not to have their info posted here, and Jarmo does not want Sp1ats info on his board. ?It's simple, just follow the rules. ok

sp1at
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2005, 06:43:03 PM »

Sp1at, I do respect the rules here. I was discussing the topic. The topic of this thread is the bullshit Sp1at article. I'm not the only person who feels this way about it. But I dont need to see this thread get hijacked by you starting to bash me. So I'll stop posting in this thread. I made my point. By the way, hell will freeze over before I start frequenting your Sp1at forum.

For future reference, if you want to comment on our site, go to the 'Buy Product' section of this site. That is what the rules indicate.

Otherwise, I didn't mean to bash and am happy you are now at peace with everything. Remember this is about GN'R, not about us.

Thank you

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2005, 06:51:56 PM »

The thing with Sp1at is that they claim they have Good Sources. Atleast BigBoss does, and for all i know, maybe he has. But they havent proved it for us yet! Untill then i take everything that they say, with a clype of salt!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
estranged.1098
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2005, 07:45:16 PM »

It seems that the debate about Sp1at occurs here around twice a month.  Nothings been solved but a bunch of people getting hot under the collar about Sp1at.  I think it's simple, everyone follow the rules and we won't have these issues.  Sp1at firmly states not to have their info posted here, and Jarmo does not want Sp1ats info on his board.  It's simple, just follow the rules. ok

People are NOT gonna follow that rule, all the moderators here have to do is close the thread. This one is still going btw.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2005, 09:45:55 PM »

For future reference, if you want to comment on our site, go to the 'Buy Product' section of this site. That is what the rules indicate.

Otherwise, I didn't mean to bash and am happy you are now at peace with everything. Remember this is about GN'R, not about us.

Thank you

why don't you back up your shit instead of taking the high ? horse?

This "rumour" has made it quite well in this section so i think it's safe for you to start backing it up... why do you even post in this topic if you have nothing to say? i checked the BUY section and i can't see the thread where you defend this shit...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2005, 10:40:46 PM »

call me a dumb bastard again and i'll run over your mom with a truck you deranged, desperate and naive homo.

I'll just call you fucking banned! How about that!?!

You've been wanting this ever since the day you registered.

/jarmo

sweet...i got that dude banned (i'm the one who called him a dumb bastard)....good to know jarmo is on my side
Miss-Aussie
Rocker

Rock N Roll Will Set U Free

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2005, 11:41:14 PM »

dont listen to the stuff over at MYGNR.... thier site is completly wrong.. at least here we talk about important shit. thier threads about GNR suck... Rumors spread so quickly over the intenet, so dont believe everything you hear...
MY GNR site is totally un organised, half of them proberbly dont know what the fuk they are talking about.

Live it, Love it, Cherish it, for Rock And Roll is the key to life
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2005, 01:15:47 AM »

Sp1at firmly states not to have their info posted here, and Jarmo does not want Sp1ats info on his board. ?It's simple, just follow the rules. ok

It's not simple as that.

They do have stuff that I think is cool, for example the interview with Paul Stenning.

What I object to is the fact that people go over to sp1at and then post their rumor stories as news over here. All of a sudden something they posted as a rumor is made more credible because somebody forgot to mention how it was originally posted as a rumor.

Same thing happens when Blabbermouth posts a rumor from radio, sp1at or whatever. Suddenly people forget where the rumor originated from since it was on Blabbermouth.

sweet...i got that dude banned (i'm the one who called him a dumb bastard)....good to know jarmo is on my side

You wish.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2005, 03:13:36 AM »

Getting banned over a fucking rumour...  Roll Eyes

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2005, 03:39:15 AM »

Getting banned over a fucking rumour...? Roll Eyes

That's one way of seeing it. Another way of seeing it, is that he was being an idiot by breaking the rules even after being told not to several times.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 03:51:21 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2005, 03:40:55 AM »

the thing everyone fails to recognise about sp1at is that they are generally positive - they respect other boards to a fault (even tagging disclaimers about not posting on other sites.)

they form part of the whole wait in the dark and regardless of what anyone says, they have uncovered the odd tidbit that turns out to be true

it reeks of jealousy actually, when rumours get posted on other boards it's not their fault - they do all in their capability of respecting others wishes.

I dont understand why some get so bent out of shape about them

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
sp1at
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2005, 06:11:29 AM »

Thank you

This "rumour" has made it quite well in this section so i think it's safe for you to start backing it up... why do you even post in this topic if you have nothing to say? i checked the BUY section and i can't see the thread where you defend this shit...

Happily

The release of 'Chinese Democracy', the much vaunted new album by Guns n'roses, is drawing ever closer, and could see a release as early as November/December of 2005.

Source - Merck "2005 will be the year for Guns n'roses". This info was reconfirmed to us and people here. The November/December bit doesn't take a geniun to work out

July of 2005 should see Caram Costanzo and Merck Mercuriadis meet up to decide the final credits on the completed 'Chinese Democracy' album.

It's new info so I am not saying at present. Again though, it doesn't take a genius to round it down to two suspects

And because the album was mostly recorded over the past two to three years, it does look as though that many producers and musicians alike will miss out despite devoting much time to the new Guns album. It is said though that a small amount of 'old' work does still remain on 'Chinese Democracy'. So musicians such as Brian May could still feature on CD, even though the chances are slim.

Source - Merck

Brain Mantia, the drummer of Guns n'roses, is extremely confident that he will feature on all of the tracks on the new Guns n'roses album and gives us an idea as to what tracks will feature on the album.

The tracks below have been noted to us by Brain Mantia. All other tracks will not appear on CD

'Prostitute' is likely to feature as one of the strongest tracks on the new Guns n'roses album. Although the roots of the song go back to the late 1990's, the meat of the song was actually only recorded in the last two-three years. Paul Buckmaster who did orchestration for the song told us "Prostitute is a mid-up, kind of biting, aggressive rhythm section; the way I wrote for the string section (32-piece, consisting of ten 1st Violins, eight 2nd Violins, six violas, and eight cellos) gives the song another dimension of, ice and fire, kind of powerful". Buckmaster also told us that 'Prostitute' was a 3-5 minute song

Source - Strongest track info comes from many includung Josh Freese, Youth and Buckmaster himself. The rest of the info comes from Buckmaster, through us

Already aired tracks 'Madagascar' and 'The Blues' will also feature on the new album, according to members of Guns n'roses, as will the title track 'Chinese Democracy'. Members were not so sure about 'Rhiad and the Bedouins' though. However, elsewhere understands that the song has been A-listed and is therefore a strong candidate for the new album.

Source - A mixture of Brain and Dizzy. Merck also added some info

Leaked track, 'IRS', is also a definite for the new album, although Merck Mercuriadis has stated that there are at least ten tracks on the new album which he considers stronger tracks than IRS.

Source - Merck

'TWAT' and 'Catcher in the Rye' are also expected to strongly feature on the new album. 'TWAT', an acronym for 'There Was a Time', was not regarded as a memorable song by Paul Buckmaster, but it is a song that is personal to Axl, so is likely to feature on the new album. The song itself features orchestration by Paul Buckmaster. 'Catcher in the Rye' has long been regarded as one of the 'big guns' on the new album, and Axl is alleged to have bigged up the song quite a few times to fans and friends alike. Dizzy Reed describes both songs as 'good rock songs'.

Sources - Buckmaster, Dizzy, David Wild, Stinson

'Leave Me Alone', 'Seven', and 'The General' could also feature on the new album. These three A listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially 'Seven', which Marco deems as the best of the three songs. It has also been reported that Marco worked on a fourth track, 'Thyme'. However, this song was not worked on subsequent to Marco's work in October 2002.

Source - Beltrami

'This I Love', a song originally destined for the soundtrack of 'What Dreams May Come', is also likely to feature on the new album, and is regarded as another of Axl's personal favourites. The piano-led ballad Axl has historically been described by Axl as the heaviest song he has ever written (emotionally speaking). The song, which was originally penned during the 1990's, is described by Dave Dominguez as a "very heartfelt' love song of about 5 minutes or more in length.

Sources - Some lady who worked on 'What Dreams May Come' film. This I Love info from Dominguez, and some old story from the 90's

Other weak contenders for the new Guns n'roses album are 'Quick Song', a rock song with a riff reminiscent of Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', 'Zodiac', an electronic industrial song and Atlas Shrugged, which is somewhere between 70's glam rock and 'November Rain'. As these three songs date back to 2000, some of the titles may have changed.

Source - Jeff Leeds

All other rumoured titles that have circulated the airwaves over recent years are very unlikely to appear on Chinese Democracy, and it will probably be the case that a few new unheard of tracks could find their way onto the new album. Dizzy Reed has told elsewhere though that no cover songs will feature on the new Guns n'roses album, which will be good news to some fans.

Sources - Brain and Dizzy

As of today, sp1/at understands that band members will find out at the end of August/start of September whether they can continue their solo exploits until the end of the year, so it will be at this point when we, the fans, find out whether Chinese Democracy will see a 2005 release. So until then, let's keep our fingers crossed.

Sources - Fortus, Brain
madagas
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »

Why isn't anyone responding? He cited sources. Some info is old, but some is new. I think the info about IRS not being in the top ten and the fact that they are mainly using material from 2002 onward is very significant and not something you normally get from a random rumor. Now, my only question is when did they actually record all this new stuff? The end of 2002 was the tour.....then they entered the studio in Jan 2003 and Feb 2003. Axl claimed the baby needed to be wrapped up in Aug 02-thus, the majority of recording was done before then but these sessions in early 2003 may have been very productive as the band had gelled on the 2002 tour. Tommy claims he was recording his solo album in March 03. Thus, the last time the band was in the studio was early 2003. After that, there are well documented solo tours and interviews where all band members outside of Robin alleged they were done with their parts and were off "waiting for the call." Now, we know Axl has continued to do vocals and whatever over the last 2 1/2 years. Also, certain members such as Dizzy and Brain were called back in the studio as late as fall of 04. So, in conclusion, it appears that this newly recorded material is mainly Axl's work, possibly the early 2003 sessions and probably remixing work done by Costanzo. As far as Axl's Mar 04 Bucket statement where he said they would take recording to another level, I 'm guessing it was just Axl and Caram continuing to tinker. peace
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2005, 01:19:09 PM »

As of today, sp1/at understands that band members will find out at the end of August/start of September whether they can continue their solo exploits until the end of the year, so it will be at this point when we, the fans, find out whether Chinese Democracy will see a 2005 release. So until then, let's keep our fingers crossed.
If I had a quid for every time I've read this...

Nothing personal 18th August, but this is cobbled together cobblers.  We've seen it time and time again, most of us lost our faith long ago.  Without quotes this article severly lacks credability.  It sounds very recycled and 'impersonal' if that's a word (?!!).  The main man is the Axl and his words cout - we all know the rest of the band know shit.  It's admitted in the quote where Brain isn't even sure if he's on all the tracks - what sort of talk is that for a band member?

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
madagas
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2005, 01:47:03 PM »

I assume you can't read because Brain says he IS extremely confident that he is on all the tracks......of course, it is cobbled together. Some info is old, some new. He is getting the info from bandmembers and Merck. Outside of Axl and Costanzo, that is as legit as we are ever going to get. Why is it so questionable?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2005, 03:32:33 PM »

I assume you can't read because Brain says he IS extremely confident that he is on all the tracks......of course, it is cobbled together. Some info is old, some new. He is getting the info from bandmembers and Merck. Outside of Axl and Costanzo, that is as legit as we are ever going to get. Why is it so questionable?

it's questionable because, the way it was written, it made the info look all new news from one source, not several thousand interviews over a period of 6 years. and it's been proven time and time again that the "band members" don't really have a clue as far as info on the band is concerned.

Why wouldn't brain be on all the tracks? he's been the drummer since october 2000. that's a no brainer IMO.

madagas
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2005, 03:49:09 PM »

OK....whatever..the fuckin article was meant to be an all inclusive summary and best guess as to what is going on now. Nothing more, nothing less. This board is really stooping to new lows. The endless bickering and nitpicking  over thread after thread is simply immature, pointless, and boring.   
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2005, 03:50:07 PM »

Thank you

Happily

The release of 'Chinese Democracy', the much vaunted new album by Guns n'roses, is drawing ever closer, and could see a release as early as November/December of 2005.

Source - Merck "2005 will be the year for Guns n'roses". This info was reconfirmed to us and people here. The November/December bit doesn't take a geniun to work out

July of 2005 should see Caram Costanzo and Merck Mercuriadis meet up to decide the final credits on the completed 'Chinese Democracy' album.

It's new info so I am not saying at present. Again though, it doesn't take a genius to round it down to two suspects

And because the album was mostly recorded over the past two to three years, it does look as though that many producers and musicians alike will miss out despite devoting much time to the new Guns album. It is said though that a small amount of 'old' work does still remain on 'Chinese Democracy'. So musicians such as Brian May could still feature on CD, even though the chances are slim.

Source - Merck

Brain Mantia, the drummer of Guns n'roses, is extremely confident that he will feature on all of the tracks on the new Guns n'roses album and gives us an idea as to what tracks will feature on the album.

The tracks below have been noted to us by Brain Mantia. All other tracks will not appear on CD

'Prostitute' is likely to feature as one of the strongest tracks on the new Guns n'roses album. Although the roots of the song go back to the late 1990's, the meat of the song was actually only recorded in the last two-three years. Paul Buckmaster who did orchestration for the song told us "Prostitute is a mid-up, kind of biting, aggressive rhythm section; the way I wrote for the string section (32-piece, consisting of ten 1st Violins, eight 2nd Violins, six violas, and eight cellos) gives the song another dimension of, ice and fire, kind of powerful". Buckmaster also told us that 'Prostitute' was a 3-5 minute song

Source - Strongest track info comes from many includung Josh Freese, Youth and Buckmaster himself. The rest of the info comes from Buckmaster, through us

Already aired tracks 'Madagascar' and 'The Blues' will also feature on the new album, according to members of Guns n'roses, as will the title track 'Chinese Democracy'. Members were not so sure about 'Rhiad and the Bedouins' though. However, elsewhere understands that the song has been A-listed and is therefore a strong candidate for the new album.

Source - A mixture of Brain and Dizzy. Merck also added some info

Leaked track, 'IRS', is also a definite for the new album, although Merck Mercuriadis has stated that there are at least ten tracks on the new album which he considers stronger tracks than IRS.

Source - Merck

'TWAT' and 'Catcher in the Rye' are also expected to strongly feature on the new album. 'TWAT', an acronym for 'There Was a Time', was not regarded as a memorable song by Paul Buckmaster, but it is a song that is personal to Axl, so is likely to feature on the new album. The song itself features orchestration by Paul Buckmaster. 'Catcher in the Rye' has long been regarded as one of the 'big guns' on the new album, and Axl is alleged to have bigged up the song quite a few times to fans and friends alike. Dizzy Reed describes both songs as 'good rock songs'.

Sources - Buckmaster, Dizzy, David Wild, Stinson

'Leave Me Alone', 'Seven', and 'The General' could also feature on the new album. These three A listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially 'Seven', which Marco deems as the best of the three songs. It has also been reported that Marco worked on a fourth track, 'Thyme'. However, this song was not worked on subsequent to Marco's work in October 2002.

Source - Beltrami

'This I Love', a song originally destined for the soundtrack of 'What Dreams May Come', is also likely to feature on the new album, and is regarded as another of Axl's personal favourites. The piano-led ballad Axl has historically been described by Axl as the heaviest song he has ever written (emotionally speaking). The song, which was originally penned during the 1990's, is described by Dave Dominguez as a "very heartfelt' love song of about 5 minutes or more in length.

Sources - Some lady who worked on 'What Dreams May Come' film. This I Love info from Dominguez, and some old story from the 90's

Other weak contenders for the new Guns n'roses album are 'Quick Song', a rock song with a riff reminiscent of Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', 'Zodiac', an electronic industrial song and Atlas Shrugged, which is somewhere between 70's glam rock and 'November Rain'. As these three songs date back to 2000, some of the titles may have changed.

Source - Jeff Leeds

All other rumoured titles that have circulated the airwaves over recent years are very unlikely to appear on Chinese Democracy, and it will probably be the case that a few new unheard of tracks could find their way onto the new album. Dizzy Reed has told elsewhere though that no cover songs will feature on the new Guns n'roses album, which will be good news to some fans.

Sources - Brain and Dizzy

Sources - Fortus, Brain

better, much better...
 Wink ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: