Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:46:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ATTENTION: strong rumours going on over at mygnr.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ATTENTION: strong rumours going on over at mygnr.com  (Read 22774 times)
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2005, 10:03:42 AM »

Well, I know release rumors are a controversial topic here. I have done my share of angry posts regarding false rumors. But at this point, rumors are a lot more fun and more interesting that anything else going on. It's like living on hope.

I've seen enough.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2005, 12:33:29 PM »

Well, I know release rumors are a controversial topic here. I have done my share of angry posts regarding false rumors. But at this point, rumors are a lot more fun and more interesting that anything else going on. It's like living on hope.

yes, but same shit in new wrapping is always a fucking rip off, especially when people make it out to be new and strong, while it's really old and weak. it's bull shit ok, and there's nothing fun about that, unless you might happen to a bullshit fan. ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2005, 12:46:36 PM »

I take the spirit of what you are saying, but how are we ripped off? There's no money changing hands. We invest a little time reading the rumor, but only if we want to. Other than that, what is really lost for it to be called a rip off? And the thing is, the lamest rumors are easy to spot. It's exciting when a rumor survives to become truth, such as the VMAs of 2002. The Lionel Richie rumor never got that far because people sensed the b.s.-ness of it. The fun is in figuring out which ones are coming from liars and which ones might be coming from the GNR camp.

I've seen enough.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2005, 12:47:44 PM »

This is absurd.

sp1at posted the most informative, concise article I've seen about Chinese Democracy to date.? All relevant info is sourced and given accurately.

The fact of the matter is, the goal of Axl & Co is release Chinese Democracy later this year.? It may not happen, they've had goals in the past, and they haven't worked out, but that's the plan.? As a Gn'R fan, I don't mind knowing that, and I can handle knowing that without freaking out and blaming people.

Sp1at provides info on this possibility, and we put faith in Merck, and some of you just bitch about it.? ?Is it jealously?? Is it personal issues?? I honestly don't know what is wrong with some of you, but sp1at is quite clearly not the problem, for those of you that fall into that category.

Can anyone point out a single article that gives as much info about Chinese Democracy as BigBoss's latest article did?? ? Can you refute anything he's posted?? Do you argue that anything is false?? Release date issues aside, come on, get a grip.

Edit: I mean, seriously, what is going through some of your heads?? Do you not believe that Merck said 2005 would be the year for Gn'R?? Do you think his whole letter to the NY Times was fake?? Do you think he just pulled it out of his ass?? What the hell?? I can't even comprehend the slightest bit of logic that you might have used to come to your conclusions.? Yeah, there is a possibility that it might not come out this year, but it's quite obvious that that is the plan of Sanctuary and Gn'R, and I don't need to read anything on sp1at to realize that.?

Anyone could have gathered all the old info over the past 5 years about CD and made it into one article and called it new info. But we have class unlike splat. If you think this is great, then good for you but its just more bullshit from that shitty site. What is new in that article they posted? NOTHING is new, everything said we already knew.
Big boss didnt give us any NEW INFO, he just took 10 different articles we have gotten and put it into one. What is so great about that? Its like taking AFD, Lies and the UYIs and putting them on three CDs and calling it hey look a new gnr album. Give me a break.

The only funny thing is, didnt axl say they ditched a lot of the old songs for new ones? I bet most of the songs that will make the album we have never even heard the titles of.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 12:56:00 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Lipfel
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2005, 01:13:35 PM »

Anyone could have gathered all the old info over the past 5 years about CD and made it into one article and called it new info. But we have class unlike splat. If you think this is great, then good for you but its just more bullshit from that shitty site. What is new in that article they posted? NOTHING is new, everything said we already knew.
Big boss didnt give us any NEW INFO, he just took 10 different articles we have gotten and put it into one. What is so great about that? Its like taking AFD, Lies and the UYIs and putting them on three CDs and calling it hey look a new gnr album. Give me a break.

Dave, I usually really enjoy your posts, but I think this time you're way off.

1) The News from this article is, that Constanzo and Merck will have a meeting about the VERY final steps of Chinese Democracy. The other info is just to sum it all up again, cause I think it's sometimes complicated to remember everything, so I enjoyed it.

2) Everybody seems to forget that this article was NOT supposed to be put on other messageboards so you can't really blame the Sp1at-gang... If you need someone to blame then take August 18th.

3) Jarmo already said it was titled GOSSIP not NEWS...

4) You said earlier said Sp1at hadn't one rumour right... That's indeed totally wrong, they gave us many info which turned out to be true, like the Buckmaster-thing and many more. Also here, about all the false release dates you can't blame Sp1at, they just passing the info what the GNR-camp is considering as the right time to release it. Here is no-one the blame than Axl himself.

5) I don't really understand that you are crying that Big Boss gave you nothing new, because of 1) and because he and Gigger are the ones that made every little info available for us.

I just don't understand why everybody is so mean with Sp1at, I think they do a good job and I'm actually afraid that they might not continue the way they do because of the shit they got from others.
I think Gigger already said that he thinks now twice before he posts something and I think I noticed that he didn't post as much as he did anymore and I can't blame him. In my opinion the problem is really, that someones are just jealous because they can contribute nothing by themselves...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 01:15:10 PM by Lipfel » Logged
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2005, 02:13:33 PM »

The thing that could make a release possible this year is if Sanctuary had written in contract with Axl to release it this year or the value of they're deal goes down.

I think thats the only thing to help push out a release at this point.
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2005, 02:49:20 PM »

Everyone here is ignoring the fact that if Axl n Co. gave a rat's ass they could stop ALL OF THIS BULLSHIT with ONE PRESS RELEASE. He knows this too, he is not stupid.

If you want to direct your anger over the fact someone is trying to provide info on CD to the fans and it is RUMORS, direct it at Axl. If the dude would say something, we would have no need for rumors.

beer
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2005, 03:46:42 PM »

The only funny thing is, didnt axl say they ditched a lot of the old songs for new ones? I bet most of the songs that will make the album we have never even heard the titles of.
I've been saying that for years. It's really funny how every rumoured tracklist put so many old titles. Before Beltrami talks about those songs (General, Thyme, Seven...), all the fake tracklists didn't have them. Now, of course, every single one have it. Roll Eyes

1) The News from this article is, that Constanzo and Merck will have a meeting about the VERY final steps of Chinese Democracy. The other info is just to sum it all up again, cause I think it's sometimes complicated to remember everything, so I enjoyed it.
Yeah. So why don't put only this info? Why put togheter an article with so many old quotes and rumours? It's not that complicated to remember everything, but you can also put a LINK to the old articles. It's that simple.

The thing about Prostitute being the stronger track is just a bet IMO. It's an old track (since 1999, at least) and just because someone said "its a strong song" to Splat, now they claim that it will be one of the high points of the album.

And what about saying Brain talks about the tracks? There's NO Brain comments about any track on the article.

I really enjoy some Splat tidbits, rumours and interviews. But this one is obviously trying to overpraising all the old rumours, trying to make everything more credible. Even posted on the gossip section, even if it was not allowed to being here, Splat guys knows that once something like that is on the main Splat page, a LOT of other sites/forums will be reading and posting everywhere. A few later, it will be on some rock sites like blabbermouth and the snow ball will be bigger.

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2005, 03:56:15 PM »

Yeah. So why don't put only this info? Why put togheter an article with so many old quotes and rumours? It's not that complicated to remember everything, but you can also put a LINK to the old articles. It's that simple.

now thats a good call! Although it's not news, it's only a new fake rumour with no source....

I can't believe that real human beings actually put hours into making fake bullshit rumour gossip articles. rofl

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2005, 04:43:52 PM »

now thats a good call! Although it's not news, it's only a new fake rumour with no source....

I can't believe that real human beings actually put hours into making fake bullshit rumour gossip articles. rofl
Smells like rumour board? Grin

I appreciate their interviews with GN'R members and think the idea to investigate the matter in cooperation with fellow fans is great. But The way they present articles (n themselves) is often a bit off. IMO.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2005, 04:49:19 PM »

Dave, I usually really enjoy your posts, but I think this time you're way off.

2) Everybody seems to forget that this article was NOT supposed to be put on other messageboards so you can't really blame the Sp1at-gang... If you need someone to blame then take August 18th.

3) Jarmo already said it was titled GOSSIP not NEWS...

4) You said earlier said Sp1at hadn't one rumour right... That's indeed totally wrong, they gave us many info which turned out to be true, like the Buckmaster-thing and many more. Also here, about all the false release dates you can't blame Sp1at, they just passing the info what the GNR-camp is considering as the right time to release it. Here is no-one the blame than Axl himself.

5) I don't really understand that you are crying that Big Boss gave you nothing new, because of 1) and because he and Gigger are the ones that made every little info available for us.

I just don't understand why everybody is so mean with Sp1at, I think they do a good job and I'm actually afraid that they might not continue the way they do because of the shit they got from others.
I think Gigger already said that he thinks now twice before he posts something and I think I noticed that he didn't post as much as he did anymore and I can't blame him. In my opinion the problem is really, that someones are just jealous because they can contribute nothing by themselves...

1) We already knew that from before. Splat has a way off dressing things up to pass them off as new. ITs funny that splat claimed a month or so ago that Axl passed CD to the label, so i guess they were mistaken about that?

2) It does not matter where this was posted, it matters that they are doing it. Its lame.

3) Again, call it what ?you want, like I said, all splat did was take what we already know it put it in one article, big deal. CD is no closer to coming today then it was 6 months ago with the info that we currently know.

4) Like I said they throw stuff against the wall and hope it sticks. The bucketmaster thing ?they got right? All they did is report what was in another article from something not associated with a gnr site. ?How did they get this rumor right? They just reported what they found on bucketmasters site. They didnt claim anything before that article broke. So like I said, splat has not gotten anything right when it comes to chinese democracy. They are jus? another pure, danny, or those other clowns.

5) You have to be kidding me they gave us ever little info? What have they done? NOTHING. Sure they email band members but they dont give us anything good just general stuff. I have asked them for months when they talk to a band membe ask if BH is still on the album. They have not. That is a really simple question and they cant get that info. Splat are a bunch of frauds. I shake my head at people that think t hey give us real info.

6) The reason people are mean with splat is because like I said they are frauds. If they want to give us something new like I said, find out if BH is still going to be on the album, find out if CD will be a double or single album. Find out if they are still looking for a new guitar player All splat does is spectulate and call it gossip.

This is what splat goes. Ill do a splat. I am just going to put together 15 or so tracks we have heard over the past 6 years and put them as one track listing.

This is gossip but this could  be the track listing to CD.

chinese Democracy
The Blues
Madagascar
I.R.S.
Prostitute ?
This I Love
Oklahoma
Catcher In The Rye
TWAT (There Was A Time)
Seven
Leave Me Alone
General
Thyme
Ides Of March

Then they pass that off as gossip and people believe it.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2005, 05:04:17 PM »

I for one enjoy reading BOTH Sp1at and HTGH. Big Boss, Ali, and Gigger just try to tell us whats going on and what they are told.
They post it under Rumors or gossip but over here nobody has heard about "taking things with a grain of salt"
There is nothing else to talk about so why not, if you want to, enjoy some rumors'?

I thank the guys over at splat for their good job, and I thank Jarmo, Pandora, Christos, Will and the other moderators here for their effort. Good job guys peace beer
Lets enjoy both sites!

and Nyntuz for the norwegian GnR board hihi
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 05:06:45 PM by odd1 » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2005, 05:53:53 PM »

1) We already knew that from before. Splat has a way off dressing things up to pass them off as new. ITs funny that splat claimed a month or so ago that Axl passed CD to the label, so i guess they were mistaken about that?

Actually, that isn't true.  No one said anything at Splat about Axl passing along the CD to the label.  I read that on BP's forum, which may or may not have been where it originated.  That's just where I remember seeing it.
2) It does not matter where this was posted, it matters that they are doing it. Its lame.

O.k., you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
3) Again, call it what  you want, like I said, all splat did was take what we already know it put it in one article, big deal. CD is no closer to coming today then it was 6 months ago with the info that we currently know.
I would agree with you except for the tidbit about Merck and Caram having a meeting about working out the  production credits for the album.  That's something that isn't recording/mixing/mastering related that needs to be worked out before you can release anthing, right?
4) Like I said they throw stuff against the wall and hope it sticks. The bucketmaster thing  they got right? All they did is report what was in another article from something not associated with a gnr site.  How did they get this rumor right? They just reported what they found on bucketmasters site. They didnt claim anything before that article broke. So like I said, splat has not gotten anything right when it comes to chinese democracy. They are jus? another pure, danny, or those other clowns.
No, it was not from another article.  BigBoss found Buckmaster's CV through Google, and then contacted him to get information on the song "Prostitute" and his work with GN'R.  None of those quotes were on Buckmaster's site, only that he had worked with GN'R, and the names of the tracks he had worked on.  No specific details.
5) You have to be kidding me they gave us ever little info? What have they done? NOTHING. Sure they email band members but they dont give us anything good just general stuff. I have asked them for months when they talk to a band membe ask if BH is still on the album. They have not. That is a really simple question and they cant get that info. Splat are a bunch of frauds. I shake my head at people that think t hey give us real info.
First off, there is a limit as to what info can be obtained from people who worked on the album because of the confidentiality agreements signed.  What info?  The description of "Prostitute" from Buckmaster, Youth's opinion that "Prostitute" is going to be a very strong track and Brain's agreement with Youth's opinion.  Sure, it's not all that much.  But, it isn't nothing.  There's a limit to what you can find out anyway, because all the final decisions are made by Axl Rose, and NO ONE has gotten an interview with him in the last two and a half years. 

How would any of the band members know if Bucket's parts are going to be on the final mixes of the album's tracks?  They don't decide what will be the final mix of the song, Axl does.  It's his call, so what good would it do to ask them anyway? 
6) The reason people are mean with splat is because like I said they are frauds. If they want to give us something new like I said, find out if BH is still going to be on the album, find out if CD will be a double or single album. Find out if they are still looking for a new guitar player All splat does is spectulate and call it gossip.

No, that's not accurate.  How can getting Youth's and Brain's opinions on "Prostitute" be speculation?  The bit about Merck and Caram Constanzo meeting was not just pulled out of thin air, no matter what you chose to believe.

Ali

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2005, 09:52:41 PM »

I do feel that Sp1at has given us the most info this year to read and talk about at least.  It's in the gossip section so obivously it's take it for what it's worth.  I read the article and didn't realize that is was old bits strung together but it was actually cool to read something about the album and not just a blurb here and there from band members.   But I see the frustration in it all.   Haven't read anything substantial since the NYT's article months ago.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2005, 10:08:51 PM »

?
Actually, that isn't true.? No one said anything at Splat about Axl passing along the CD to the label.? I read that on BP's forum, which may or may not have been where it originated.? That's just where I remember seeing it.

O.k., you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
3) Again, call it what? you want, like I said, all splat did was take what we already know it put it in one article, big deal. CD is no closer to coming today then it was 6 months ago with the info that we currently know.
I would agree with you except for the tidbit about Merck and Caram having a meeting about working out the? production credits for the album.? That's something that isn't recording/mixing/mastering related that needs to be worked out before you can release anthing, right?
4) Like I said they throw stuff against the wall and hope it sticks. The bucketmaster thing? they got right? All they did is report what was in another article from something not associated with a gnr site.? How did they get this rumor right? They just reported what they found on bucketmasters site. They didnt claim anything before that article broke. So like I said, splat has not gotten anything right when it comes to chinese democracy. They are jus? another pure, danny, or those other clowns.
No, it was not from another article.? BigBoss found Buckmaster's CV through Google, and then contacted him to get information on the song "Prostitute" and his work with GN'R.? None of those quotes were on Buckmaster's site, only that he had worked with GN'R, and the names of the tracks he had worked on.? No specific details.
First off, there is a limit as to what info can be obtained from people who worked on the album because of the confidentiality agreements signed.? What info?? The description of "Prostitute" from Buckmaster, Youth's opinion that "Prostitute" is going to be a very strong track and Brain's agreement with Youth's opinion.? Sure, it's not all that much.? But, it isn't nothing.? There's a limit to what you can find out anyway, because all the final decisions are made by Axl Rose, and NO ONE has gotten an interview with him in the last two and a half years.?

How would any of the band members know if Bucket's parts are going to be on the final mixes of the album's tracks?? They don't decide what will be the final mix of the song, Axl does.? It's his call, so what good would it do to ask them anyway??

No, that's not accurate.? How can getting Youth's and Brain's opinions on "Prostitute" be speculation?? The bit about Merck and Caram Constanzo meeting was not just pulled out of thin air, no matter what you chose to believe.

Ali

so why can't you tell us about that meeting, i personaly think that that part is made up in one of your three brains...... and fuck you for posting it without any source, it makes you look like some wannabe insides... are you? hihi

*I wanna start a rumour board and get people all excited about nothing, just for the laugh, and the 200 hits on my own rumour  home page... c'mon, atleast wrap it thouroughly.... beer*

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Ali
Legend

« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2005, 07:19:38 PM »

Wow, erose.  There's a real mature response  hihi

I can't tell you about the meeting because I'm not the one that found out about it.  I just happen to trust the person that found out about it, and don't believe they lied.

Ali
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2005, 08:37:38 PM »

Wow, erose.? There's a real mature response? hihi

I can't tell you about the meeting because I'm not the one that found out about it.? I just happen to trust the person that found out about it, and don't believe they lied.

Ali

yeah man, you're totaly right. i tend to sink to lower levels and loose the maturity contest because i lack the lower level experience. But i will get better i promise. Wink

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2005, 08:44:43 PM »

What is up with that meeting, can someone please explain this to fuckers like me so we won't run around slamming innocent people, c'mon people, what did i miss??? Huh

isn't it against the board rules to post shit like that without a source? did you get any proof Jarmo, am i seeing this all wrong or what???

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
estranged.1098
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2005, 08:57:33 PM »

HTGTH asks its members to not post info from sp1at, and sp1at asks people to not post their info on HTGTH. It doesn't matter though, because people always do and then the thread turns to a sp1at bashing contest.

I don't get though why an intelligent person can't understand the reason they don't always name their sources. I really don't.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2005, 08:58:51 PM »

What is up with that meeting, can someone please explain this to fuckers like me so we won't run around slamming innocent people, c'mon people, what did i miss??? Huh

isn't it against the board rules to post shit like that without a source? did you get any proof Jarmo, am i seeing this all wrong or what???

In all fairness, there was italicized text at the end of the original post at splat asking to not post this at other boards without first having the approval of the board's moderators.  Honestly, no one over at splat wants to disrespect any other board or the rules of any other board.  That's why we've repeatedly asked not to re-post anything in the gossip section. 

In the case, those requests were ignored and the post was re-posted here and at MyGN'R.

As far as Jarmo getting any proof, I didn't even get any cold hard proof, erose.  However, it's my choice to believe the person at splat who got this info because I believe him to be an honorable person.

Ali
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: