Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:14:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ATTENTION: strong rumours going on over at mygnr.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ATTENTION: strong rumours going on over at mygnr.com  (Read 22753 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2005, 06:33:28 PM »

No, Dave.

The reason it was written to "not post this on other boards such as heretodaygonetohell.com" is out of respect for Jarmo, Pandora and everyone else here and their wishes.  No one is expecting anyone to take it as anything more than gossip served with a mountain of salt.  It's merely about respecting the wishes of this board.

Obviously, someone chose to ignore the italicized text at the bottom of the original post.

Ali
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2005, 06:39:36 PM »

I wasn't even gonna post in this thread, but fuck it, I'll bite. This article is lame. Like on of you guys said, its pieces of different articles put together. Most of the album hasn't been recorded in the past 2 years. If it was real, and we're being told what songs are on CD, they would tell us the status of Buckethead. Also, Quick Song is CD. I highly doubt there's room on the album for the same song twice. Awhile back, didn't someone say that 'Atlas Shrugged' was the working title for Madagascar? This article is 100% pure bullshit.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2005, 06:42:48 PM »

No, Dave.

The reason it was written to "not post this on other boards such as heretodaygonetohell.com" is out of respect for Jarmo, Pandora and everyone else here and their wishes.? No one is expecting anyone to take it as anything more than gossip served with a mountain of salt.? It's merely about respecting the wishes of this board.

Obviously, someone chose to ignore the italicized text at the bottom of the original post.

Ali

Exactly, I post here as well as Sp1at.  I enjoy both sites.  If HTGTH doesn't want Sp1ats info, thats cool.  Look at all the sites, and base your own opinion.  No need to start a fuckin war over it.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2005, 06:44:07 PM »

I wasn't even gonna post in this thread, but fuck it, I'll bite. This article is lame. Like on of you guys said, its pieces of different articles put together. Most of the album hasn't been recorded in the past 2 years. If it was real, and we're being told what songs are on CD, they would tell us the status of Buckethead. Also, Quick Song is CD. I highly doubt there's room on the album for the same song twice. Awhile back, didn't someone say that 'Atlas Shrugged' was the working title for Madagascar? This article is 100% pure bullshit.

The only thing I ever heard was that some of the song titles Jeff Leeds from the NY Times heard about during the work on his big article in March, were "Atlas Shrugged", "Quick Song", and "Zodiac".

Ali
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2005, 06:45:11 PM »

I wouldn't discredit the notion that CD will primarily be comprised of material recorded 2002-onwards.
I think it's unlikely that much material prior to this will be included

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2005, 06:49:54 PM »

Also, Quick Song is CD.  Awhile back, didn't someone say that 'Atlas Shrugged' was the working title for Madagascar?

what the hell? and you know this because..? i thought i had been following this entire process pretty closely but damn what have i been missing? confused

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2005, 06:57:18 PM »

c'mon, all gnr sites are pathetic.
Jarmo and Will are cool; the other mods act like 13 year old kids sometimes though.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
gnrfan1797
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2005, 07:04:56 PM »

I thinl i will add my 2 cents. I just regestered over at mygnr and that message board sucks. The whole board is unorganzied and all that crap as far as the rumor if it makes your day better to belive it then do so but try and respect people's wishes next time dude.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2005, 07:10:21 PM »

As of today, sp1/at understands that band members will find out at the end of August/start of September whether they can continue their solo exploits until the end of the year, so it will be at this point when we, the fans, find out whether Chinese Democracy will see a 2005 release. So until then, let's keep our fingers crossed.

So the "strong rumour" is that we may or may not see CD in 2005?

Anyone who cares what's on mygnr.com can go to mygnr.com.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2005, 07:33:10 PM »

"Quick Song" is probably Chinese Democracy

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2005, 07:35:56 PM »

why do people think that? the intro riff? I guess I can see a similarity between that and Teen Spirit.
where did that particular info come from? (that it resembles Teen Spirit)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 07:40:51 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2005, 07:36:30 PM »

yeah! I remember there was some rumours about that! But i hope its not, then we have a new song Cheesy

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
MikeB
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2005, 07:40:14 PM »

yawn... Roll Eyes,deja vu.
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2005, 07:41:37 PM »

yeah! I remember there was some rumours about that! But i hope its not, then we have a new song Cheesy

it certainly sounds more a working title rather than an official title

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2005, 07:44:14 PM »

it certainly sounds more a working title rather than an official title

yeah, thats true. But why havent this title come up, before now lately? The song CD has been known for some years no, but the first time i heard the Quick song title was a couple of Months ago.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2005, 07:49:59 PM »

I say that because when CD was first originally described, it was described as a grungy song. QS was probably the working title for CD. Could be wrong but that would be my guess for the time being. The other titles such as Atlas SHrug and the ones that came from that are beyond me. I doubt they are real. But as the saying goes...time will tell

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2005, 08:10:15 PM »

The titles Atlas shrugged and Quick song first appeared here in this thread :
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=19624.0

Apparently they're titles of songs Jeff Leeds "encountered" during his investigation. But since I doubt he has actually "heard" any new songs we haven't, god knows what we should make of those titles.  Probably not much.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2005, 10:25:14 PM »

right guys,lets look at it this way.the heading says RUMOURS.August isnt doing any harm coz we have nothing else to talk about apart from VR.everything else POSSIBLE has been talked about from axls socks to whos actually in the band.personlly id rather hear rumours than shit like "HAS AXL GOT SPLIT ENDS".dont get me wrong coz ive started threads about my collection off GNR clothing but i really am tired of hearing about shit that dont matter.every rumour has an element of truth un less it was started to harm the person in question which in this case i DONT think it was..its up to you wether you take it seriously or not but lets take what we can from every little source including SPLAT and make our own minds up about the outcome.GOD IM PISSED.AND TOTALLY CONFUSED!!!!!!!AND FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!id like to take this opertunity to say THANKYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU to all you GNR fans who have stuck with the band over the years.now you may ridicule me but personelly i dont care coz i know something that nobody knows about GNR and i aint in the posistion to tell this secret.I came across this info by mistake but if i do open my mouth i know i will regret it for the rest of my life.if anyone who is in contact with the GNR camp is reading this they WILL know what im talking about.laugh all you like at me but when CHINESE DEMOCRACY is delivered to you then you will understand why i keep it in my head.if this info is leaked then i think CD would be rush realeased which like most of you i dont want.as the guiness adverts says"GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT".....

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2005, 10:30:12 PM »

right guys,lets look at it this way.the heading says RUMOURS.August isnt doing any harm coz we have nothing else to talk about apart from VR.everything else POSSIBLE has been talked about from axls socks to whos actually in the band.personlly id rather hear rumours than shit like "HAS AXL GOT SPLIT ENDS".dont get me wrong coz ive started threads about my collection off GNR clothing but i really am tired of hearing about shit that dont matter.every rumour has an element of truth un less it was started to harm the person in question which in this case i DONT think it was..its up to you wether you take it seriously or not but lets take what we can from every little source including SPLAT and make our own minds up about the outcome.GOD IM PISSED.AND TOTALLY CONFUSED!!!!!!!AND FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!id like to take this opertunity to say THANKYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU to all you GNR fans who have stuck with the band over the years.now you may ridicule me but personelly i dont care coz i know something that nobody knows about GNR and i aint in the posistion to tell this secret.I came across this info by mistake but if i do open my mouth i know i will regret it for the rest of my life.if anyone who is in contact with the GNR camp is reading this they WILL know what im talking about.laugh all you like at me but when CHINESE DEMOCRACY is delivered to you then you will understand why i keep it in my head.if this info is leaked then i think CD would be rush realeased which like most of you i dont want.as the guiness adverts says"GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT".....

Learn to use paragraphs, they are  your friend.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2005, 10:35:10 PM »

paragraphs my arse.i said im PISSED.although i couldnt even do em if i were sober  beer

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: