Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:44:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ATTENTION: strong rumours going on over at mygnr.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ATTENTION: strong rumours going on over at mygnr.com  (Read 22729 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2005, 12:33:16 AM »

I dont see anything honorable in plagiarizing a bunch of old articles and mingling it into one. Sp1at should be sued instead of being praised.

axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2005, 01:01:40 AM »

I say things like this absolutely get posted here at HTGTH. For the most part, this is the only board I check for GNR news, and THERE IS NEVER ANY GNR NEWS. So at least give me the rumours to mull over... it's better than another thread comparing GNR to Velvet Revolver.

I do agree, however, that this looks like a pastiche of old news, but what the hell else is there to talk about? As people have said, there is one person who could easily take 10 minutes to write up a 5-sentence update, but he just won't do it, will he?

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2005, 05:05:34 AM »

ban me if you like, people have a right to know. fucking powertrip mods.

People have the right to know what?

That the album might be out in 2005?

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

/jarmo

i know some of it is recycled, but if you deny your readers this information you're principles are just wrong. so make or break, here it is in it's entirity:

The release of 'Chinese Democracy', the much vaunted new album by Guns n'roses, is drawing ever closer, and could see a release as early as November/December of 2005.
July of 2005 should see Caram Costanzo and Merck Mercuriadis meet up to decide the final credits on the completed 'Chinese Democracy' album. And because the album was mostly recorded over the past two to three years, it does look as though that many producers and musicians alike will miss out despite devoting much time to the new Guns album. It is said though that a small amount of 'old' work does still remain on 'Chinese Democracy'. So musicians such as Brian May could still feature on CD, even though the chances are slim.

Brain Mantia, the drummer of Guns n'roses, is extremely confident that he will feature on all of the tracks on the new Guns n'roses album and gives us an idea as to what tracks will feature on the album.

'Prostitute' is likely to feature as one of the strongest tracks on the new Guns n'roses album. Although the roots of the song go back to the late 1990's, the meat of the song was actually only recorded in the last two-three years. Paul Buckmaster who did orchestration for the song told us "Prostitute is a mid-up, kind of biting, aggressive rhythm section; the way I wrote for the string section (32-piece, consisting of ten 1st Violins, eight 2nd Violins, six violas, and eight cellos) gives the song another dimension of, ice and fire, kind of powerful". Buckmaster also told us that 'Prostitute' was a 3-5 minute song

Already aired tracks 'Madagascar' and 'The Blues' will also feature on the new album, according to members of Guns n'roses, as will the title track 'Chinese Democracy'. Members were not so sure about 'Rhiad and the Bedouins' though. However, elsewhere understands that the song has been A-listed and is therefore a strong candidate for the new album.

Leaked track, 'IRS', is also a definite for the new album, although Merck Mercuriadis has stated that there are at least ten tracks on the new album which he considers stronger tracks than IRS.

'TWAT' and 'Catcher in the Rye' are also expected to strongly feature on the new album. 'TWAT', an acronym for 'There Was a Time', was not regarded as a memorable song by Paul Buckmaster, but it is a song that is personal to Axl, so is likely to feature on the new album. The song itself features orchestration by Paul Buckmaster. 'Catcher in the Rye' has long been regarded as one of the 'big guns' on the new album, and Axl is alleged to have bigged up the song quite a few times to fans and friends alike. Dizzy Reed describes both songs as 'good rock songs'.

'Leave Me Alone', 'Seven', and 'The General' could also feature on the new album. These three A listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially 'Seven', which Marco deems as the best of the three songs. It has also been reported that Marco worked on a fourth track, 'Thyme'. However, this song was not worked on subsequent to Marco's work in October 2002.

'This I Love', a song originally destined for the soundtrack of 'What Dreams May Come', is also likely to feature on the new album, and is regarded as another of Axl's personal favourites. The piano-led ballad Axl has historically been described by Axl as the heaviest song he has ever written (emotionally speaking). The song, which was originally penned during the 1990's, is described by Dave Dominguez as a "very heartfelt' love song of about 5 minutes or more in length.

Other weak contenders for the new Guns n'roses album are 'Quick Song', a rock song with a riff reminiscent of Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', 'Zodiac', an electronic industrial song and Atlas Shrugged, which is somewhere between 70's glam rock and 'November Rain'. As these three songs date back to 2000, some of the titles may have changed.

All other rumoured titles that have circulated the airwaves over recent years are very unlikely to appear on Chinese Democracy, and it will probably be the case that a few new unheard of tracks could find their way onto the new album. Dizzy Reed has told elsewhere though that no cover songs will feature on the new Guns n'roses album, which will be good news to some fans.

As of today, sp1/at understands that band members will find out at the end of August/start of September whether they can continue their solo exploits until the end of the year, so it will be at this point when we, the fans, find out whether Chinese Democracy will see a 2005 release. So until then, let's keep our fingers crossed.

you dumb bastard....this is that lame gossip story that splat released a few days ago....splat is a worthless, turd-of-a site...over the last year they've incorrectly predicted the chinese democracy release at least 3 times....this is not a valid rumor at all...sure, CD might actually come out around christmas, but you can't believe anything that comes from splat.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2005, 02:51:59 PM »

I dont see anything honorable in plagiarizing a bunch of old articles and mingling it into one. Sp1at should be sued instead of being praised.

James, before you question someone's integrity, you should make an effort to get your facts straight.  It was BigBoss who talked to Buckmaster about "Prostitute" and got the quotes included in the article.  It was BigBoss who found out about Merck and Caram Costanzo meeting to work out the producing credits for the album.  It was BigBoss who asked Dave Dominguez about "This I Love" and got the quote from him regarding the song.  The same holds true for asking Dizzy Reed whether or not there will be any covers on the album, asking Brain if he thinks he will be on the final versions of all the albums tracks, and what song titles Jeff Leeds (NY Times) heard about during his investigation for his article.

It's not plagiarism when you are the one who obtained the quotes used in the article, and when you paraphrase information that you did not obtain personally, as opposed to quoting directly.

Ali
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2005, 03:45:01 PM »

ban me if you like, people have a right to know. fucking powertrip mods.

People have the right to know what?

That the album might be out in 2005?

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

/jarmo

i know some of it is recycled, but if you deny your readers this information you're principles are just wrong. so make or break, here it is in it's entirity:

The release of 'Chinese Democracy', the much vaunted new album by Guns n'roses, is drawing ever closer, and could see a release as early as November/December of 2005.
July of 2005 should see Caram Costanzo and Merck Mercuriadis meet up to decide the final credits on the completed 'Chinese Democracy' album. And because the album was mostly recorded over the past two to three years, it does look as though that many producers and musicians alike will miss out despite devoting much time to the new Guns album. It is said though that a small amount of 'old' work does still remain on 'Chinese Democracy'. So musicians such as Brian May could still feature on CD, even though the chances are slim.

Brain Mantia, the drummer of Guns n'roses, is extremely confident that he will feature on all of the tracks on the new Guns n'roses album and gives us an idea as to what tracks will feature on the album.

'Prostitute' is likely to feature as one of the strongest tracks on the new Guns n'roses album. Although the roots of the song go back to the late 1990's, the meat of the song was actually only recorded in the last two-three years. Paul Buckmaster who did orchestration for the song told us "Prostitute is a mid-up, kind of biting, aggressive rhythm section; the way I wrote for the string section (32-piece, consisting of ten 1st Violins, eight 2nd Violins, six violas, and eight cellos) gives the song another dimension of, ice and fire, kind of powerful". Buckmaster also told us that 'Prostitute' was a 3-5 minute song

Already aired tracks 'Madagascar' and 'The Blues' will also feature on the new album, according to members of Guns n'roses, as will the title track 'Chinese Democracy'. Members were not so sure about 'Rhiad and the Bedouins' though. However, elsewhere understands that the song has been A-listed and is therefore a strong candidate for the new album.

Leaked track, 'IRS', is also a definite for the new album, although Merck Mercuriadis has stated that there are at least ten tracks on the new album which he considers stronger tracks than IRS.

'TWAT' and 'Catcher in the Rye' are also expected to strongly feature on the new album. 'TWAT', an acronym for 'There Was a Time', was not regarded as a memorable song by Paul Buckmaster, but it is a song that is personal to Axl, so is likely to feature on the new album. The song itself features orchestration by Paul Buckmaster. 'Catcher in the Rye' has long been regarded as one of the 'big guns' on the new album, and Axl is alleged to have bigged up the song quite a few times to fans and friends alike. Dizzy Reed describes both songs as 'good rock songs'.

'Leave Me Alone', 'Seven', and 'The General' could also feature on the new album. These three A listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially 'Seven', which Marco deems as the best of the three songs. It has also been reported that Marco worked on a fourth track, 'Thyme'. However, this song was not worked on subsequent to Marco's work in October 2002.

'This I Love', a song originally destined for the soundtrack of 'What Dreams May Come', is also likely to feature on the new album, and is regarded as another of Axl's personal favourites. The piano-led ballad Axl has historically been described by Axl as the heaviest song he has ever written (emotionally speaking). The song, which was originally penned during the 1990's, is described by Dave Dominguez as a "very heartfelt' love song of about 5 minutes or more in length.

Other weak contenders for the new Guns n'roses album are 'Quick Song', a rock song with a riff reminiscent of Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', 'Zodiac', an electronic industrial song and Atlas Shrugged, which is somewhere between 70's glam rock and 'November Rain'. As these three songs date back to 2000, some of the titles may have changed.

All other rumoured titles that have circulated the airwaves over recent years are very unlikely to appear on Chinese Democracy, and it will probably be the case that a few new unheard of tracks could find their way onto the new album. Dizzy Reed has told elsewhere though that no cover songs will feature on the new Guns n'roses album, which will be good news to some fans.

As of today, sp1/at understands that band members will find out at the end of August/start of September whether they can continue their solo exploits until the end of the year, so it will be at this point when we, the fans, find out whether Chinese Democracy will see a 2005 release. So until then, let's keep our fingers crossed.

you dumb bastard....this is that lame gossip story that splat released a few days ago....splat is a worthless, turd-of-a site...over the last year they've incorrectly predicted the chinese democracy release at least 3 times....this is not a valid rumor at all...sure, CD might actually come out around christmas, but you can't believe anything that comes from splat.

call me a dumb bastard again and i'll run over your mom with a truck you deranged, desperate and naive homo.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2005, 03:51:51 PM »

There's more than just BigBoss shit in this article. The majority of this article is years old. Ive seen some of this crap in other places besides Sp1at, word for word. As far as I'm concerned, Sp1at has reached a new low point. First, they ask irrelevant questions. Second, they create crappy rumors that don't come true. Finally, they do this blatant rehash article and pass it off as new. Fuck Sp1at. Jarmo and Pandora should not only start deleting this shit, but also start banning people who post articles from Sp1at. All Sp1at offers is false hope. We need less of that, not more. Ali, I have no problems with questioning Sp1at's integrity. When CD is announced, or we get some other new info, we don't need Sp1at to be able to find out about it.

sp1at
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2005, 04:39:23 PM »

There's more than just BigBoss shit in this article. The majority of this article is years old. Ive seen some of this crap in other places besides Sp1at, word for word. As far as I'm concerned, Sp1at has reached a new low point. First, they ask irrelevant questions. Second, they create crappy rumors that don't come true. Finally, they do this blatant rehash article and pass it off as new. Fuck Sp1at. Jarmo and Pandora should not only start deleting this shit, but also start banning people who post articles from Sp1at. All Sp1at offers is false hope. We need less of that, not more. Ali, I have no problems with questioning Sp1at's integrity. When CD is announced, or we get some other new info, we don't need Sp1at to be able to find out about it.

James

The rumours on our site are normally reaped from sites like this;

The last few rumours we have killed are;

Official Guns n'roses on Myspace - From Myspace
Guns n'roses at WSOP - From Mygnr
Axl Rose has cancer - From Mygnr
Axl in 'Be Cool' Movie - From HTGTH
Site to preview new gnr tracks - from matchstickcats.com
New song titles on melodic rock - from velvetrope.com
Guns at Rock am ring x 2 - from HTGTH
Guns to play rio de janeiro - from Mygnr
A post from Colette Brown, publicist for Deborah - from HTGTH
Gnr announcement from Dangerous Danny davis - From mygnr
Gnr cartersville concert - from mygnr

Effectively, a large majority of our rumours come from here or mygnr, so I would suggest if you have any problems with rumours in general, please deal with them at their source.

As for your comments regarding our site, why don't you visit the site, review it for a while and then post your comments there, instead of boring people here with your banal opinions. Or, even better, why don't you email me direct. This is a Guns n'roses message board, not a James Lofton bitch board. And from what I understand, you are not particurlarly popular here anyway, so it may be a good idea to look at how you conduct yourself and how you express yourself. This is a good board with a good name and there are some good people here. Don't spoil it, just because you have some childish gripe against our board.

As for Jarmo etc, he has visited and posted useful posts at our site, as have most webmasters, so asking for people to be banned will fall on deaf ears.  We work under the assumption that the average adult gnr fan will always be cautious with any gnr info that isn't official, so I therefore see no harm offering insight from band members or producers or whoever, beit silly or not.

That is all I have to say

(Forgive me Jarmo if I appeared to be uncourteous in this post. I felt the need to address these posts which keep plagueing your board.)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2005, 04:43:04 PM »

call me a dumb bastard again and i'll run over your mom with a truck you deranged, desperate and naive homo.

I'll just call you fucking banned! How about that!?!

You've been wanting this ever since the day you registered.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2005, 04:53:42 PM »

A few things:  This was not passed off as a new "news" story.  Yes, there was summation of past information, but there was no attempt to pass it off as a new, hence it was not put in the news section.  It was put into the gossip section with the title of "Chinese Democracy-July Update".  Second, most of it is info BigBoss found out on his own.  Whether or not you've seen it other places is irrelevant because a lot of it was what he found out.  Third, there is no "creating" of rumors.  There is distinct difference between passing along gossip you've heard and creating it. 

As far as asking irrelevant questions go, what in the world makes you think that anyone would be able to find out whether or not Buckethead's parts will remain on the record, or the like, when the only person who can answer that question is Axl Rose, and he isn't talking?

Offering false hope?  Why don't you take some responsibility for getting your hopes up without having any official word on a release date?  Why don't you wait until there is official word as to the album's release and then get your hopes up?  By your logic, we should say that the other band members, such as Dizzy Reed and Tommy Stinson have offered "false hope" because they've said that the album's release is imminent.  Should we say "Fuck Dizzy and Tommy"?  No, because it was never up to them, nor will it ever be up to them, as far as when the record will come out!

Ali
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2005, 05:11:40 PM »

/jarmo
finally...  ok  Wink

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2005, 07:42:21 PM »

Im sorry you guys, although since we are talking about rumours, what happens August 18 Huh  Roll Eyes
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2005, 12:08:19 AM »

Im sorry you guys, although since we are talking about rumours, what happens August 18 Huh? Roll Eyes

I think he was trying to make it until August 18 before being banned.? Tongue
Thankfully not.

BigBoss (West Coast Posse!) runs a cool site. Rumours are fun. I don't know why everyone gets all bent out of shape about this.

btw, I think rumors is the only thing that make me come here every day, i just know a few words in english so "friendship" to me is kinda hard... talking... you know what i ment
if wasn?t the rumors and the "few news", i think i would prefer wait to hear something on the radio or mtv

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2005, 12:21:35 AM »

/jarmo

Get this guy outta here that guy GONE!!!!!!!!!!

are u listening MR security Man? That guy Gone!

Give me that shirt, give me that shirt

Thank u!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2005, 12:41:54 AM »

Some of us are not taking our medication. Remember those intellectual discussions we used to have around here before ripping another fellow GNR fan a new asshole was less fashonable?

Right now all we have is rumors regarding GNR.  Let the fun continue......................

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
shane.....
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2005, 11:24:07 AM »

yo, The rumor I posted about the trilogy or whatever I didnt make, dont think I did cus I wouldve made it better than that lol. I got it over at chinesedemocracy.com. It looked interesting and was worth the read aside from definatly/probably not being true.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2005, 03:29:37 PM »

The rumours on our site are normally reaped from sites like this;

The last few rumours we have killed are;

Official Guns n'roses on Myspace - From Myspace
Guns n'roses at WSOP - From Mygnr
Axl Rose has cancer - From Mygnr
Axl in 'Be Cool' Movie - From HTGTH
Site to preview new gnr tracks - from matchstickcats.com
New song titles on melodic rock - from velvetrope.com
Guns at Rock am ring x 2 - from HTGTH
Guns to play rio de janeiro - from Mygnr
A post from Colette Brown, publicist for Deborah - from HTGTH
Gnr announcement from Dangerous Danny davis - From mygnr
Gnr cartersville concert - from mygnr

Wow you did all that for us? How nice. How bout you do 1 more thing...kill ur site...and while ur at take mygnr with you.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
RustyCage
Headliner

« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2005, 04:59:22 PM »

/jarmo

I like this guy! Cheesy

When your life has no meaning....you can always rely on ban power.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2005, 06:00:17 PM »

Sp1at, you think my opinions are banal, but you want me to post at the Sp1at forum? That's funny. My opinions aren't banal, and you know it. You just want me to go liven up Sp1at's dead forum. I dont think so. I'll just stay with my comrades here in hell. You say people don't like me here? I disagree. Not everyone agrees with what I have to say, but I think they respect my opinions. I dont insult people on a personal level, I try to debate in a mature fashion. Sure, the debates get heated sometimes, but that doesn't mean that people here hate me. Sp1at, instead of insulting me and trying to get me to go to Sp1at's forum, head over to mygnr and try your recruiting tactics on them. It might work over there.

estranged.1098
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2005, 06:03:08 PM »

He's simply inviting you so that maybe you'll stop making baseless comments such as:

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2005, 06:09:55 PM »

You call my comment baseless? Go read the article again.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: