Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:37:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ATTENTION: strong rumours going on over at mygnr.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ATTENTION: strong rumours going on over at mygnr.com  (Read 22732 times)
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« on: July 28, 2005, 06:10:14 PM »

ban me if you like, people have a right to know. fucking powertrip mods.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 06:12:32 PM »

People have the right to know what?

That the album might be out in 2005?

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 06:12:39 PM »

dude who cares...u made 2 threads about 2 of the worst gnr forums.

pieces of shit.

ever read mygnr? its a joke

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
RustyCage
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 06:14:53 PM »

Fuck that site....

The mygnr homepage is the most pathetic webpage I have ever seen. There is no order what so ever. With all the money they are making off of GNR, they could at least invest in a little php.

Oh and that lil scrolling marquee; THAT is supposed to be eye catching for news? Too bad seach engines dont have the "lame filter" yet. Roll Eyes

When your life has no meaning....you can always rely on ban power.
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 06:15:54 PM »

People have the right to know what?

That the album might be out in 2005?

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

/jarmo

i know some of it is recycled, but if you deny your readers this information you're principles are just wrong. so make or break, here it is in it's entirity:

The release of 'Chinese Democracy', the much vaunted new album by Guns n'roses, is drawing ever closer, and could see a release as early as November/December of 2005.
July of 2005 should see Caram Costanzo and Merck Mercuriadis meet up to decide the final credits on the completed 'Chinese Democracy' album. And because the album was mostly recorded over the past two to three years, it does look as though that many producers and musicians alike will miss out despite devoting much time to the new Guns album. It is said though that a small amount of 'old' work does still remain on 'Chinese Democracy'. So musicians such as Brian May could still feature on CD, even though the chances are slim.

Brain Mantia, the drummer of Guns n'roses, is extremely confident that he will feature on all of the tracks on the new Guns n'roses album and gives us an idea as to what tracks will feature on the album.

'Prostitute' is likely to feature as one of the strongest tracks on the new Guns n'roses album. Although the roots of the song go back to the late 1990's, the meat of the song was actually only recorded in the last two-three years. Paul Buckmaster who did orchestration for the song told us "Prostitute is a mid-up, kind of biting, aggressive rhythm section; the way I wrote for the string section (32-piece, consisting of ten 1st Violins, eight 2nd Violins, six violas, and eight cellos) gives the song another dimension of, ice and fire, kind of powerful". Buckmaster also told us that 'Prostitute' was a 3-5 minute song

Already aired tracks 'Madagascar' and 'The Blues' will also feature on the new album, according to members of Guns n'roses, as will the title track 'Chinese Democracy'. Members were not so sure about 'Rhiad and the Bedouins' though. However, elsewhere understands that the song has been A-listed and is therefore a strong candidate for the new album.

Leaked track, 'IRS', is also a definite for the new album, although Merck Mercuriadis has stated that there are at least ten tracks on the new album which he considers stronger tracks than IRS.

'TWAT' and 'Catcher in the Rye' are also expected to strongly feature on the new album. 'TWAT', an acronym for 'There Was a Time', was not regarded as a memorable song by Paul Buckmaster, but it is a song that is personal to Axl, so is likely to feature on the new album. The song itself features orchestration by Paul Buckmaster. 'Catcher in the Rye' has long been regarded as one of the 'big guns' on the new album, and Axl is alleged to have bigged up the song quite a few times to fans and friends alike. Dizzy Reed describes both songs as 'good rock songs'.

'Leave Me Alone', 'Seven', and 'The General' could also feature on the new album. These three A listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially 'Seven', which Marco deems as the best of the three songs. It has also been reported that Marco worked on a fourth track, 'Thyme'. However, this song was not worked on subsequent to Marco's work in October 2002.

'This I Love', a song originally destined for the soundtrack of 'What Dreams May Come', is also likely to feature on the new album, and is regarded as another of Axl's personal favourites. The piano-led ballad Axl has historically been described by Axl as the heaviest song he has ever written (emotionally speaking). The song, which was originally penned during the 1990's, is described by Dave Dominguez as a "very heartfelt' love song of about 5 minutes or more in length.

Other weak contenders for the new Guns n'roses album are 'Quick Song', a rock song with a riff reminiscent of Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', 'Zodiac', an electronic industrial song and Atlas Shrugged, which is somewhere between 70's glam rock and 'November Rain'. As these three songs date back to 2000, some of the titles may have changed.

All other rumoured titles that have circulated the airwaves over recent years are very unlikely to appear on Chinese Democracy, and it will probably be the case that a few new unheard of tracks could find their way onto the new album. Dizzy Reed has told elsewhere though that no cover songs will feature on the new Guns n'roses album, which will be good news to some fans.

As of today, sp1/at understands that band members will find out at the end of August/start of September whether they can continue their solo exploits until the end of the year, so it will be at this point when we, the fans, find out whether Chinese Democracy will see a 2005 release. So until then, let's keep our fingers crossed.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 06:16:59 PM »

its funny how that article says

Brain Mantia, the drummer of Guns n'roses, is extremely confident that he will feature on all of the tracks on the new Guns n'roses album and gives us an idea as to what tracks will feature on the album.

yet none of what is later mentioned comes from Brain....its all old news pasted together, mostly said by the producers, not Brain

It should be commom knowledge that the producers and management of GNr are meeting together every 3-6 months to discuss the release of the album. Welcome to the land of GNR

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 06:18:20 PM »

Nothing new, splat  just took all the rumors from the last few  years and put it on one post WOW  ok
If they really wanted to give us so info, they should have found out if BHs parts were redone or not.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 06:18:55 PM »

i know some of it is recycled, but if you deny your readers this information you're principles are just wrong. so make or break, here it is in it's entirity:

Yeah, but many of us actually like the "principle" of not spreading too many bullshit rumors around the Internet.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 06:21:17 PM »

What a dumbass.? The people, like myself who post on HTGTH, do go to other boards like the ones you mentioned.? The people who "have the right to know" do know.? You think this is the only GNR site people go too?? August, don't be an ass and respect the OWNER of this sites rules. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 06:22:48 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 06:22:01 PM »

Yeah, but many of us actually like the "principle" of not spreading too many bullshit rumors around the Internet.

/jarmo

i'm not much of a rumour fan myself, but when strong rumours are emerging people have a right to know, especially with the lack of other information sources. remember that very strong rumour that gn'r would appear on the 2002 VMA's? hmmm, i guess all rumours are plain wrong then. let people judge for themselves, and we'll see what happens soon enough.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2005, 06:23:09 PM »

What a dumbass.?

i'm sorry but i have principles too. one of them is not to begin a discussion with someone who starts conversations the way Butthead does. bye now.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 06:24:04 PM »

this isnt a strong rumor!....

dude when the time comes we will know. It will come directly from the band and management. No second rate journalist. Everytime GNr are about to do something a press release follows.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 06:25:19 PM »

i'm not much of a rumour fan myself, but when strong rumours are emerging people have a right to know, especially with the lack of other information sources. remember that very strong rumour that gn'r would appear on the 2002 VMA's? hmmm, i guess all rumours are plain wrong then. let people judge for themselves, and we'll see what happens soon enough.

Those rumors came from other sources such as Allstar (back when it existed).

The VMA/Billboard/Superbowl/etc. rumors haven't been true ever since.

/jarmo

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 06:25:50 PM »

/jarmo

But damn! This is not even a rumour! This is just some words set together by someone! Why should we belive that Big Boss know so much more then any other? Anyway, the late 2005 rumour has existed since early 2005.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 06:26:08 PM »

this isnt a strong rumor!....

dude when the time comes we will know. It will come directly from the band and management. No second rate journalist. Everytime GNr are about to do something a press release follows.

i agree to an extent, and i used to think like you. then the VMA's happened, and i didn't really buy those strong rumours but decided to check in anyway. like i said, even in the title, this is a rumour, like any other, but it's been around for a while now. take it for what it is, and don't shoot the messanger.

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 06:26:48 PM »

The release of 'Chinese Democracy', the much vaunted new album by Guns n'roses, is drawing ever closer, and could see a release as early as November/December of 2005.
July of 2005 should see Caram Costanzo and Merck Mercuriadis meet up to decide the final credits on the completed 'Chinese Democracy' album. And because the album was mostly recorded over the past two to three years, it does look as though that many producers and musicians alike will miss out despite devoting much time to the new Guns album. It is said though that a small amount of 'old' work does still remain on 'Chinese Democracy'. So musicians such as Brian May could still feature on CD, even though the chances are slim.

'Prostitute' is likely to feature as one of the strongest tracks on the new Guns n'roses album. Although the roots of the song go back to the late 1990's, the meat of the song was actually only recorded in the last two-three years. Paul Buckmaster who did orchestration for the song told us "Prostitute is a mid-up, kind of biting, aggressive rhythm section; the way I wrote for the string section (32-piece, consisting of ten 1st Violins, eight 2nd Violins, six violas, and eight cellos) gives the song another dimension of, ice and fire, kind of powerful". Buckmaster also told us that 'Prostitute' was a 3-5 minute song

Already aired tracks 'Madagascar' and 'The Blues' will also feature on the new album, according to members of Guns n'roses, as will the title track 'Chinese Democracy'. Members were not so sure about 'Rhiad and the Bedouins' though. However, elsewhere understands that the song has been A-listed and is therefore a strong candidate for the new album.

Leaked track, 'IRS', is also a definite for the new album, although Merck Mercuriadis has stated that there are at least ten tracks on the new album which he considers stronger tracks than IRS.

'TWAT' and 'Catcher in the Rye' are also expected to strongly feature on the new album. 'TWAT', an acronym for 'There Was a Time', was not regarded as a memorable song by Paul Buckmaster, but it is a song that is personal to Axl, so is likely to feature on the new album. The song itself features orchestration by Paul Buckmaster. 'Catcher in the Rye' has long been regarded as one of the 'big guns' on the new album, and Axl is alleged to have bigged up the song quite a few times to fans and friends alike. Dizzy Reed describes both songs as 'good rock songs'.

'Leave Me Alone', 'Seven', and 'The General' could also feature on the new album. These three A listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially 'Seven', which Marco deems as the best of the three songs. It has also been reported that Marco worked on a fourth track, 'Thyme'. However, this song was not worked on subsequent to Marco's work in October 2002.

'This I Love', a song originally destined for the soundtrack of 'What Dreams May Come', is also likely to feature on the new album, and is regarded as another of Axl's personal favourites. The piano-led ballad Axl has historically been described by Axl as the heaviest song he has ever written (emotionally speaking). The song, which was originally penned during the 1990's, is described by Dave Dominguez as a "very heartfelt' love song of about 5 minutes or more in length.

Other weak contenders for the new Guns n'roses album are 'Quick Song', a rock song with a riff reminiscent of Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', 'Zodiac', an electronic industrial song and Atlas Shrugged, which is somewhere between 70's glam rock and 'November Rain'. As these three songs date back to 2000, some of the titles may have changed.

All other rumoured titles that have circulated the airwaves over recent years are very unlikely to appear on Chinese Democracy, and it will probably be the case that a few new unheard of tracks could find their way onto the new album. Dizzy Reed has told elsewhere though that no cover songs will feature on the new Guns n'roses album, which will be good news to some fans.

As of today, sp1/at understands that band members will find out at the end of August/start of September whether they can continue their solo exploits until the end of the year, so it will be at this point when we, the fans, find out whether Chinese Democracy will see a 2005 release. So until then, let's keep our fingers crossed.

hey thanx man ok ok ok

i dont think its very cool of some of you guys baggin' out other GNR sites....i mean.......who cares.......we all listen n' await the same thing.............so give abit of respect will ya's??

n' give August some bloody credit, he's only helping isnt he....hes not here to piss you's off!!
N' it should be posted here, what the fuck els r' we gonna argue over...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 06:32:06 PM by Cl6in6tr6oN - UndertheknifE » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005, 06:27:58 PM »

Hopefully it means something but we've been disappointed before.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 06:28:15 PM »

The reason splat said that about jarmos site is because they know we are too smart for their stupid so called rumors/gossip.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 06:30:57 PM »

hey thanx man ok ok ok

no problem. listen, all i want is for the album to come out like all of us do, and i came across this and wanted to share it, take it for what it is, like i said it's a rumour. some of you need to stop getting your panties in a bunch. currently all we have is rumours, but any one of them could turn out to be true. who knows, right? oh and thanx jarmo for not locking this, i know pandora would've locked it in a second. Tongue

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005, 06:33:05 PM »

hey thanx man ok ok ok

no problem. listen, all i want is for the album to come out like all of us do, and i came across this and wanted to share it, take it for what it is, like i said it's a rumour. some of you need to stop getting your panties in a bunch. currently all we have is rumours, but any one of them could turn out to be true. who knows, right? oh and thanx jarmo for not locking this, i know pandora would've locked it in a second. Tongue

well, yeah! But there is no reason to Bash the Mods on this anyway!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: