Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:55:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Official NHL 2005-2006 Season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official NHL 2005-2006 Season Thread  (Read 93959 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2005, 09:40:46 AM »

Ya im a Leafs fan but Fluery did play amazing and so did the whole Pens team actually..Sundin was at the top of huis game though

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2006, 08:25:59 PM »

This isnt NHL but wow is the Russia-Canada gold medal game ever good..one of the ebst hockey gamesI have ever seen..its 2-0 Canada after the firtst

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2006, 09:44:03 PM »

You guys gotta take notice, the Buffalo Sabres are what's hot on ice now. Watch them play, and you'll see the hardest working team in the NHL, and see some unknowns like Ales Kotalik, Derek Roy, Jochen Hecht, and THE BEST AMERICAN GOALIE IN THE WORLD Ryan Miller. Join the bandwagon, which isn't very big but it will be soon.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2006, 10:35:13 PM »

cant forget about Tim Conolly..prolly the best player on buffalo

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2006, 10:46:13 PM »

Fuckin' Gagne...I was so psyched for an exciting overtime and possible shootout for Rangers/Flyers then he scores 7 seconds in to OT.  The Rangers have points in their last 4 games, but three of them were still losses.  Quick question, are they having an All-Star game this year or are they skipping it for the Olympics?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2006, 08:53:30 AM »

Im sure theyll still have one

sandman
Legend

« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2006, 09:07:29 AM »

no all star game in olympic years.

The flyers continue to rack up points. We?re 6-0-1  on this 11-game road trip ? all 1-goal games. We?re only one point behind ottowa, and we have the same number of regulation losses.

And the remarkable thing is that we are missing some of our best players ? our #1 goalie, 2 of our top 4 D, and our second line center.

The rangers game was great. They probably outplayed the flyers overall. The rangers are good, tons of energy and they hit. But they just don?t have a lot of scoring depth - they depend a little too much on their top line.

The great thing about the new schedule is you play the teams in your division 8 times each. Which means there are 6 more flyers-rangers games left this season (and maybe a few more).     

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2006, 12:33:19 PM »

As for the All-Star Game, it's said to be because it's an Olympic year.  The players didn't want to play an ASG that they won't get paid for if they're going to already be in the Olympics.  Cry me a river. NHLPA.  Then again, the All-Star game usually is boring anyway, so I really don't give a crap what they do with it.

Anyways, I'm sure you hockey fans heard about this one.  Just another bit of crying from another "Fuck you, pay me" overrated piece of shit (I would make a remark about my disdain for European hockey players, but I'm sure I'd get jumped on for it).

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/9172553

BRATISLAVA, Slovakia -- Pittsburgh Penguins right wing Ziggy Palffy will retire because of a lingering shoulder injury, a Slovak paper reported Wednesday.

"I have agreed on all matters related to my retirement with the Pittsburgh management," Palffy told the Sport daily. "There is no point in suffering any longer."

It was uncertain whether Palffy would retire immediately or at the end of the season. Neither the Penguins nor NHL officials would comment to the paper.

Palffy, 33, was injured while playing for the Los Angeles Kings at Anaheim in January 2004, and had reconstructive surgery on his right shoulder twice, but the problems persisted.

"I have talked to my doctor and he did not recommend a third operation," Palffy told the newspaper.

Earlier this year, Palffy retired from the Slovak national team ahead of the Turin Olympics.
AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005-2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

He's only doing it because he's stuck on a team full of underachieving stiffs with no coaching whatsoever.  Good riddance to an overrated stiff.  Bring up someone from the AHL's top team, Wilkes-Barre Scranton.  Someone who deserves to play.  Someone who won't puss out and turn tail and run just because his team is playing like ass.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2006, 03:33:03 PM »

RIGHT ON BROTHER. if pens were doing well then he would be going hard every day. but thats what you get when you pick up guys like that as a backbone of your team. you gotta get those role players that'll die for their team, then others pick up on that shit. look at Mats Sundin before and after Gary Roberts was on the leafs compared to when he played for them. like night and fucking day.

Just like Damn Jagr when his team didn't play well, I'm going home crying now they are doing good and he's leading the league in pts.

fucking losers rant

Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2006, 11:49:59 AM »

Alright, I've said my peace on the Penguins.  Let's look at my other team, the Bruins.

I'm sure that another fabulously brilliant Mike O'Connell move is on the works. Maybe an 87th round pick in 3027 and a water bottle to be named later are in the 'Ruins immediate future. From Boston.com:

Raycroft stays home
Decision not to take goalie to Philly fuels speculation

By Kevin Paul Dupont, Globe Staff | January 18, 2006

Goalie Andrew Raycroft won't be with the Bruins tomorrow night in Philadelphia, fueling speculation that the club might be looking to deal the 2003-'04 Rookie of the Year.

According to head coach Mike Sullivan, the 25-year-old Raycroft did not make the trip to Philadelphia today because the goalie's ailing right knee needs time to heal. Raycroft banged the leg earlier this month, but was not sidelined, and was last seen in net when the Bruins suffered back-to-back hammerings to the Sharks and Kings last week on Causeway Street. He was relieved by backup Tim Thomas in both games.

The Bruins called up rookie Jordan Sigalet from Providence (AHL) to fill in for Raycroft. Hannu Toivonen, one of their top two goalies, remains sidelined with an ankle sprain.

Around the league, both the Colorado Avalanche and Vancovuer Canucks are believed to be looking for goaltending help. The Bruins have dealt with the Avs before, most notably when they dished then captain Ray Bourque for Brian Rolston on March 6, 2000.

The Bruins remain in desperate need of gaining ground in the Eastern Conference if they are to make the playoffs. They have picked up three points in their last two games, going with Thomas (tomorrow night's starter) in an OT loss to Dallas a win over the Ducks.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2006, 01:06:07 AM »

YEAHHH!!!!! Robitaille passed Dionne!!!  And we needed those two points BADLY!  And to top it off with a hat trick? drool  Good days here in L.A.. Lucky Luc will get his #20 in the rafters when he retires.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2006, 09:32:07 AM »

flyers made an interesting trade...their acquired nedved for siedenberg. preems return is still in doubt.

flyers have a home and home with the penguins. im' looking forward to these games - it's usually exciting games when these two teams play.

and the flyers are starting to get healthy again. esche is starting today, and pitkinen is due back real soon as well. forsberg will miss today's game but should reurn on monday.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2006, 02:48:59 PM »

I'm sure everyone has seen this alot by now but here is the video of Ovechkins amazing goal last week.
The talent and body control to get this shot off is just incredible. I'm still in awe everytime I watch this.
Of course if the goalie wasnt so badly out of position this would be a total non issue Roll Eyes

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2636503729289931176&q=ovechkin

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2006, 07:35:31 PM »

I'm sure everyone has seen this alot by now but here is the video of Ovechkins amazing goal last week.
The talent and body control to get this shot off is just incredible. I'm still in awe everytime I watch this.
Of course if the goalie wasnt so badly out of position this would be a total non issue Roll Eyes

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2636503729289931176&q=ovechkin

Sweet, kujo!  My sons loved it!  ok

Why don't you just....
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2006, 09:48:10 PM »

What a talented player he is.  It's going to be so much fun watching him and Crosby go at it for 20 years. drool
Karma_Police
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2006, 09:54:15 PM »

Well the Habs suck. Theodore(I still have faith in him) has let in 10 golas on the last 28 shots he's faced and has been pulled in back to back games. MY GOD!! Their defence sucks ass, and are softer than Pittsburgh's D despite what Micheal Therrian might say. They're forwards are way too small and whimpy. No offence to Europeans here but Montreal needs a few hard nosed North American grinders. Enough with the crap that Bonk is giving us and C'mon Koivu wake up, you're better than this. They've got a terrible attitude right now. They suck. They need to call up Pete Vandermere from Hamilton and have him kick some ass.

On a side note now that Mario has retired from the NHL that's 3 guys from my hockey pool that have retired mid season. Fischer, Palffy and Lemieux. Nice. Thanks guys. Angry
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #176 on: January 25, 2006, 09:52:17 AM »

On a side note now that Mario has retired from the NHL that's 3 guys from my hockey pool that have retired mid season. Fischer, Palffy and Lemieux. Nice. Thanks guys. Angry

LOL, sorry dude but it's funny rofl

Well Lemieux was a bad pick...just cuz his health is always a question mark.

and yep, habs stink, but I've know that for years Kiss

Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #177 on: January 25, 2006, 11:56:15 AM »

They need to call up Pete Vandermere from Hamilton and have him kick some ass.

Any team refusing to employ an enforcer deserves any ass-kicking they get.  Bring up Vandermeer or Ivanans NOW!!!

So, the greatest player ever has retired (Yeah, that's right, I said it: I put Lemieux over Gretzky, Orr, and Howe).  Does this mean Crosby takes over as captain?  I'm sorry, but no 18-year-old KID should be put in a leadership position of a hockey team.  Hasn't this league learned from Lecavalier being named captain of the Lightning as a 19-year-old?  Shit, give the C to Mark Recchi, Lyle Odelein, or Eric Cairns.  They seem to be the only players on the team worth a damn as leaders.  It's bad enough having a kid wearing the A.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #178 on: January 25, 2006, 12:01:20 PM »

Any team refusing to employ an enforcer deserves any ass-kicking they get.?

Eric Cairns was the closest we had as an enforcer down here until he got traded.
Being a season ticket holder, I got an invite to a state of the team meeting with Coach Jacque Martin. Since nobody hardly goes to the games, I should get alot of time to ask him why our team sucks so frigging bad on the road rant

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Karma_Police
« Reply #179 on: January 25, 2006, 06:15:47 PM »

They need to call up Pete Vandermere from Hamilton and have him kick some ass.

Any team refusing to employ an enforcer deserves any ass-kicking they get.? Bring up Vandermeer or Ivanans NOW!!!

They did call up Ivanans. They should still call up Vandermere. Instill some fear in the other teams. Vanderemer was like the only guy in Professional hockey to have 30 goals and over 400 minutes in penalties I think. Somthing like that anyway when he played for the Phantoms. he can score and he'll nock the piss outta guys. bring him up!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: