Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 11:39:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Official NHL 2005-2006 Season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official NHL 2005-2006 Season Thread  (Read 86565 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #260 on: April 26, 2006, 09:24:44 AM »

Its a shame you guys don't realize how great he is.

Dude, I know he's a great player....it's quite sickening how great he is actually.

I was just teasing you beer but if he doesn't get back in the Rangers lineup soon they are done Undecided

Also its getting down to the nitty gritty with my redwings too......maybe its time to let ozzy get in goal nervous

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #261 on: April 26, 2006, 09:32:35 AM »

Yeah Neemo, what the fuck is going on over there??? fate?  As in, the Stars will win out over the Avs soon so that Edmonton and Dallas can meet in the next round?   hihi

I wouldn't swap out Legace though, it's not his fault.  The guys are playing awful in front of him.

As for me, I'll be glued to the TV tonight to watch my Habbies take on the Canes in Montreal.  Should be a good game.   As an aside, what's with all the goal-scoring during the playoffs?  The scores are out of wack!  8-4? 6-5? 8-2?  Playoff games used to end 2-1 in double overtime!

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #262 on: April 26, 2006, 10:30:47 AM »

Damn do the Rangers look horrible.  And Jagr's no bitch, GNR estranged.  I'd wager anything he'd whoop your ass.

as long as he doesn't punch him....he might throw out his shoulder hihi

maybe he could do girlie slaps or pull hair Wink

Jagr literally did that the closest he ever came to a fight.  Rich Pilon came after him and he literally started slapping at him with his gloves on.

Anyways, as for the Wings, I for one don't mind seeing them get knocked out early.  The fewer teams that succeed the way Bettman wants them to succeed (all finesse, no toughness-- they set a new record with only 6 fighting majors in an 82 game season), the more likely we are to see more good hockey return-- a good combination of scoring and toughness.  That's why my support is going toward Ottawa and Calgary.  Now I've probably jinxed them.  Goddamn.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #263 on: April 26, 2006, 02:43:34 PM »

As an aside, what's with all the goal-scoring during the playoffs? The scores are out of wack! 8-4? 6-5? 8-2? Playoff games used to end 2-1 in double overtime!

It must be all the penalties... even if they aren't power play goals, they're messing with everybody's head.   nervous

I watched the Detroit - Edmonton game last night... it was entertaining.  My roomate flipped his TV off when Williams shot the puck under the net.  He had a suprise this morning.  hihi
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2006, 03:08:02 AM »

Damn, I really didn't think Brodeur was still this good.  The Rangers haven't been playing very well, but Brodeur is stopping everything that comes his way.  He's still the best.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2006, 08:06:26 AM »

Damn, I really didn't think Brodeur was still this good.? The Rangers haven't been playing very well, but Brodeur is stopping everything that comes his way.? He's still the best.

Yeah since mid-season, right before the olympics, he's been a god Undecided NYR need that one tough guy back ASAFP hihi maybe this extra day of rest will be good.

phew....redwings tied up the series

looks like the defending champs are done and SJ has taken a stranglehold after losing game one.

And what is up with Dallas Huh

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2006, 10:23:46 AM »

Damn, I really didn't think Brodeur was still this good.? The Rangers haven't been playing very well, but Brodeur is stopping everything that comes his way.? He's still the best.

Yeah, Rob... I'm a little surprised his season went so well this year.  Good thing I have him in the pool though, eh Neemo??  hihi  Oh, and Neemo, that was cheap in Edmonton last night...  rant

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #267 on: April 29, 2006, 06:11:58 PM »

hmmmm.rangers gone....4 games.... Undecided

kinda funny...kinda sad

If Jagr was as tough as you said Rob....he woulda played injured...the team is shit without him...that's the problem with the guy...things don't go his way and he folds like a seven/deuce off-suit hand. he's notorious for playing like shit when things look tough.

But I don't wanna take anything away from the Devils they've been fantastic after a shitty start to the season...

My poor wings have their backs up against the wall now.....dammit Angry ....give Osgood a shot....Legace doesn't have the experience

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #268 on: April 30, 2006, 01:39:42 AM »

You've got a point Neemo.  I don't know how hurt he is, so its hard to criticise, but he better have been really hurt cause we didn't stand a chance without Jagr.  Of course I don't know if we standed a chance with him either.  The Devils are scary right now.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #269 on: April 30, 2006, 07:21:51 AM »

Right now the Devils are the team to beat.  I thought they would win the series but was hoping that the Rangers would at least wear them down a bit and take them to 6-7 games.  Unfortunately the Devils will be well rested for their round 2 opponent.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #270 on: April 30, 2006, 10:02:08 PM »

At the moment, it looks like the Devils will be playing the Hurricanes. Although it could be the Sabres or the Flyers. I think the Devils would beat Flyers easily, and the Canes in a 6 game series, but I honestly think the Sabres could make it tough for them. Not just because I'm a fan, but the Sabres are a faster team that can hurt you with any given line. If the Sabres played the Devils, it would come down to Miller's impact. The Hurricanes just haven't been convincing against Montreal, and the Devils are a good enough team to shut down Philly's Forsberg line (no other line has been effective for them).

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #271 on: May 02, 2006, 06:09:22 AM »

DammiT!!! Redwings are gone now rant

Legace had a mental lapse again for 3 minutes and cost them the game.  ah well....there is always next year...and if NJ and Colorado get beat out next round then it'll be an all new team to win the cup...that'd be nice for a change yes

Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #272 on: May 02, 2006, 10:06:15 AM »

Rangers, Lightning, Red Wings.  21, 10, and 6 fighting majors respectively, in a combined 246 regular season games.

Devils: 24 fighting majors, with an enforcer capable of playing a regular shift.
Senators: 41 fighting majors, fifth in the league, three relatively good fighters, one of whom is also their best d-man.
Oilers: 28 fighting majors, several good, tough players.
Avs: 38 fights, 9th in the league.  Gotta love guys like Brad May and Ian Laperriere!

Which of these teams advanced?

Just goes to show once again that good tough, gritty hockey will win out in the playoffs over this high-flying, fancy-pants CRAP when playoff time arrives.  Here's to hoping Carolina (17 regular season fights, 3rd lowest in the league) is next to be added to the first list.

I just wish both Calgary and Anaheim could advance.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #273 on: May 02, 2006, 08:49:54 PM »

Go SABRES! ok  beer

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #274 on: May 02, 2006, 10:13:30 PM »

Go SABRES! ok? beer

peace

God, i'm so glad Philly got their asses handed to em in their own building  hihi

Sabres in 6 over Ottawa
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #275 on: May 02, 2006, 10:16:43 PM »

Go SABRES! ok? beer

peace

God, i'm so glad Philly got their asses handed to em in their own building? hihi

Sabres in 6 over Ottawa

I hope so! its gonna be a great series. I can't wait! drool

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #276 on: May 02, 2006, 10:34:51 PM »

Go SABRES! ok? beer

peace

God, i'm so glad Philly got their asses handed to em in their own building? hihi

Sabres in 6 over Ottawa

I hope so! its gonna be a great series. I can't wait! drool

Ottawa is known to have a great team in the regular season, then suck in the playoffs...Buffalo is the perfect team to bounce em!!!!
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #277 on: May 03, 2006, 10:30:31 AM »

*Covers up his "See, I told you so" smirk in regards to the Flyers*

Well, other than Carolina advancing, I love it.  Buffalo, Ottawa, New Jersey, and Carolina in the east, San Jose, Colorado, Edmonton, and either Calgary or Anaheim in the west.

The best possible finals for me would be Ottawa vs. Calgary, especially if it would go 7 games.  However, I just know the Bettmanist regime will find some way to get Carolina vs. another American team.

The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #278 on: May 03, 2006, 11:02:02 PM »

Crosby's my boy...I'm not gonna lie. Penguins WILL make the playoffs next year and I'll have to admit watching the Rangers getting embarassed was even better then that would be.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #279 on: May 04, 2006, 01:47:58 AM »

Crosby's my boy...I'm not gonna lie. Penguins WILL make the playoffs next year and I'll have to admit watching the Rangers getting embarassed was even better then that would be.

I hate to break it to you buddy, but watching the Rangers lose is probably the most joy you Pens fans are gonna get for a while.  Your team is a joke.  If it wasn't for Crosby you guys would've been significantly worse than you were...and you guys were already the worst team in hockey pretty much.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: