Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:08:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Official NHL 2005-2006 Season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official NHL 2005-2006 Season Thread  (Read 86717 times)
Bono
« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2006, 08:42:54 PM »

The Colorado Avalanche announced today that the club has acquired goaltender Jose Theodore from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for goaltender David Aebischer.

Yup. What a fucking joke. Nice to see Montreal bail on a guy after a bad year. How soon they forget that it was theodore who got them to the playoffs the last two times adn it was theodore who almost single handedly lead Montreal to Upset wins over the bruins in the playoffs. Abeschier is a good goalie but to trade Theodore straight up for him is a joke as far as this Habs fan is concerened.  I can already see it. Theodore is gonna lead the Avs to a Stanley Cup by 2008. You watch! And Montreal..... they're gonna suck for another 5 years now.

Bono.(Angry Habs fan)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2006, 09:20:08 PM »

The Toronto Maple Leafs have traded defenceman Ken Klee to the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday according to John Ferguson, vice-president and general manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs. In exchange, the Maple Leafs received forward Aleksander Suglobov (pronounced suh-GLOH-bahf) from the Devils.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #222 on: March 09, 2006, 12:33:05 AM »

The Boston Bruins have claimed veteran forward Mariusz Czerkawski off waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS-Traded D Luke Richardson to Toronto for a conditional draft pick.

And two careers have now come full circle.  Czerkawski started as a Bruin in 1994 or so, while Richardson came up as a Leaf in the late 1980's.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #223 on: March 09, 2006, 02:06:22 PM »

Very ho-hum trading deadline so far.  Only big name moved so far is Theodore-- no Bertuzzi, Esche, Brashear, or Luongo moves with only an hour remaining.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2006, 02:56:42 PM »

The Montreal Canadiens acquired defenceman Todd Simpson from the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick.

The New Jersey Devils acquired defenceman Brad Lukowich from the New York Islanders on Thursday in exchange for a third-round draft pick.

The Ottawa Senators claimed goalie Mike Morrison off waivers from the Edmonton Oilers on Thursday, picking up some insurance while starter Dominik Hasek recovers from a groin injury.

Philadelphia Flyers acquire defenceman Denis Gauthier from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for forward Josh Gratton and two second-round picks in 2006.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim acquire defenceman Sean O'Donnell from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for forward Joel Perrault.

Vancouver Canucks acquire goaltender Mika Noronen from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for a second-round pick.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim acquire forward Jeff Friesen from the Washington Capitals in exchange for a second-round pick.

Carolina Hurricanes acquire forward Mark Recchi from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for forward Niklas Nordgren, forward Krys Kolanos and a second-round pick in 2007.

New York Rangers acquire defenceman Sandis Ozolinsh from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim in exchange for a third-round draft pick.

The Washington Capitals have finally found a new home for Brendan Witt, trading the veteran defenceman to the Nashville Predators in exchange for Kris Beech and a first-round pick.

Detroit Red Wings acquire defenceman Cory Cross from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for a fourth-round draft pick in 2007.

Atlanta Thrashers acquire defenceman Steve McCarthy from the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for a conditional draft pick in 2007.

Edmonton Oilers acquire forward Sergei Samsonov from the Boston Bruins in exchange for forward Marty Reasoner, a second round draft pick and forward Yan Stastny.

Ottawa Senators acquire forward Tyler Arnason from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for forward Brandon Bochenski and a draft pick.

Vancouver Canucks acquire defenceman Eric Weinrich from the St. Louis Blues for a prospect and a third round pick.

Phoenix Coyotes trade forward Jamie Lundmark to the Calgary Flames for a draft pick
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 04:14:24 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2006, 01:05:01 PM »

2 wins in a row!!!

Amazing!

Yeah!! We're maybe the best team out there! Ever!

Go Pens!

I'm thinking we might win 20 games this season! With Malkin next year, who knows.. Maybe we'll get 30. Awesome.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #226 on: March 13, 2006, 04:08:27 PM »

^ Keep on dreaming and one day your dreams will come true. Unless you live in a small city like Buffalo or Pittsb---- oh wait, nevermind.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2006, 03:22:56 PM »

Bettman statement on the passing of Red Storey

NEW YORK -- National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman released today the following statement regarding the passing of Hockey Hall of Fame member Red Storey:

"Red Storey brought passion, dedication and enthusiasm to each and every game as an NHL referee," said NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman. "Long after his retirement as an on-ice official, he continued to serve as one of the truly great ambassadors for the game in his travels around North America officiating charitable games. On behalf of the NHL family, we extend our deepest sympathies to his wife Bunny and sons Bob and Doug."

Mr. Storey, inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1967, was considered one of the top referees during his NHL career from 1950 to 1959. In addition to working 480 regular-season games, Mr. Storey worked in seven consecutive Stanley Cup Final series from 1952 through 1958.

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #228 on: March 21, 2006, 10:14:09 PM »

The Colorado Avalanche announced today that the club has acquired goaltender Jose Theodore from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for goaltender David Aebischer.

Yup. What a fucking joke. Nice to see Montreal bail on a guy after a bad year. How soon they forget that it was theodore who got them to the playoffs the last two times adn it was theodore who almost single handedly lead Montreal to Upset wins over the bruins in the playoffs. Abeschier is a good goalie but to trade Theodore straight up for him is a joke as far as this Habs fan is concerened.? I can already see it. Theodore is gonna lead the Avs to a Stanley Cup by 2008. You watch! And Montreal..... they're gonna suck for another 5 years now.

Bono.(Angry Habs fan)

I think Theodore is done. He had an amazing season, then a good one and then he shit the bed. It's ok, it happens to goalies all the time. The Avs will win again and Theodore will play a role in it, but the Avs are a good team, Montreal is not. The weight will be off Theodore and he won't be required to be the whole team.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #229 on: March 22, 2006, 07:01:10 PM »

Well, Andy Murray was fired yestserday.  Came as a surprise to us in the city, but at the same time, it wasn't as shocking.  Hopefully the Kings can get some momentum going into the playoffs.  The move was necessary because Murray lost respect in the locker room.  The Kings have a lot of potential, as showcased in the first half of the year, maybe a new voice will lead them to better things.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #230 on: March 23, 2006, 02:58:47 PM »

I am not sure what's wrong with the Kings. There is no reason they shouldn't be a great team.

Hopefully a new coach will turn them around.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #231 on: March 23, 2006, 09:49:45 PM »

Maple Leafs goalie Ed Belfour is expected to miss the remainder of the season after being placed on injured reserve Thursday with a hurt back.

Belfour hasn't played since March 10.

The 40-year-old, who has a history of back problems, has had a subpar season - going 22-22-4 with a goals against average of 3.29 in 49 games.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2006, 10:39:21 AM »

Maple Leafs goalie Ed Belfour is expected to miss the remainder of the season after being placed on injured reserve Thursday with a hurt back.

Belfour hasn't played since March 10.

The 40-year-old, who has a history of back problems, has had a subpar season - going 22-22-4 with a goals against average of 3.29 in 49 games.

yeah and after that 5-1 loss to the Habs last night I think their playoff hopes are pretty much fucked rant they need to have a big shakeup this summer

Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2006, 05:02:05 PM »

We all knew Toronto wasn't a playoff time. They need more talent, and younger players that don't get hurt or fatigued at season's end. The team needs a facelift.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2006, 05:12:34 PM »

Belfour's a sure fire Hall of Famer.  I think its time he calls it a career now.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #235 on: April 16, 2006, 09:38:59 AM »

hockey's second season starts in a few days. it's such a great time of year.

alot of seeds are still up in the air - next couple days will be interesting.

detroit looks tough in the west. right now i'm thinking the east is wide open.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #236 on: April 16, 2006, 07:38:42 PM »

Wow. Look out for the Sabs in the playoffs. Miller's hot, allowing 0 goals in his second career shutout as the Sabs spank the Leafs 6-0. Whoever they play (Devils, Rangers, or Flyers) is gonna have to find a way to beat him.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #237 on: April 16, 2006, 08:17:06 PM »

west conference is pretty much set....east...it's tight there  Shocked

um yeah buff looks good..I like carolina myself, and also if atlanta makes it they could be a darkhorse ok

West oconference...I gotta go with my wings, SJ is a scary team though IMO.

If Thorton doesn't win MVP its rigged Undecided

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #238 on: April 16, 2006, 08:21:11 PM »

Thornton makes the players around him so much better.  When he's in the game, other teams have to scramble around to stop him.
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #239 on: April 17, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »

Thornton makes the players around him so much better.

There's a phrase I truly hate.  That being said, he should win the Hart, no question.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: