Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:58:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Fuck Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck Oasis  (Read 36073 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2005, 07:17:53 PM »

I dunno. Slayer knew how to pull off the Satan angle really well. Same thing with King Diamond. Bathory did well in both the Satanic and Nordic angles. Burzum and all the other black metallers did it too. Of course, then there's the fact that Black Sabbath did the Satan thing, which throws the whole argument out. Satan wins, but the Nordic stuff can be really cool, as well.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2005, 07:38:09 PM »

ya but nordic stuff is so much cooler because in satanism all it talks about is evil satan rules etc., but the nordic music is all based aorund thier "holy" wars (ok pagen wars) which makes it a lot more interesting.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2005, 12:35:13 AM »

I think the nordic dudes are much more serious with their stuff.  Slayer are not serious at all when it comes to all that Satanic stuff.  Tom Araya is a born again Christian.  Anybody ever hear about the band Mayhem?  They were into that nordic stuff, and they wound up killing each other.  One dude killed another dude in the band because he was jealous that the other guy was more evil than him. 

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2005, 01:14:24 AM »

Dead committed suicide, Euronymous ate dead's brains, and Varg got upset and stabbed Euronymous 28 times or so, and now he's rotting in prison. Interesting band, that Mayhem. Wink

King Diamond, however, is supposedly a real member of the church of Satan or something, and very serious about it...
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2005, 11:23:31 AM »

Dead committed suicide, Euronymous ate dead's brains, and Varg got upset and stabbed Euronymous 28 times or so, and now he's rotting in prison. Interesting band, that Mayhem. Wink

amazing what some late-night beatles does to you  Tongue

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2005, 01:39:03 PM »

Oasis will never ben indifferent to anybody. Want proof? Read the subject of this thread.

I beg to differ...
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2005, 02:00:15 PM »

Oasis will never ben indifferent to anybody. Want proof? Read the subject of this thread.

I beg to differ...

Tell me that's an example of wit.

By typing "i beg to differ" it shows you have an opinion on them, therefore they're not indifferent to you.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #147 on: August 15, 2005, 02:42:36 AM »

King Diamond, however, is supposedly a real member of the church of Satan or something, and very serious about it...

Yeah, I've heard that, but I read a 20 Questions with him on Metal Sludge and he seemed like a totally normal guy.  Of course Jimmy Page bought famous Satanist, Allister Crowley's home and performed Satanic rituals in it.  So I guess its not always the guys you most expect that are into that kinda stuff.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2005, 10:27:29 AM »

Not too bad for such a shitty band, right? And for those of you that haven't heard 'The Importance of Being Idle,' check the song out.  Even if you aren't a big Oasis fan, you might like this song, which has Noel on vocals.  "I sold my soul for the second time..."

Oasis set for top spot

Oasis are set to land their eighth number one single this week with 'The Importance Of Being Idle' comfortably outselling its nearest rivals.

According to midweek sales figures, the Manchester rockers are way ahead of Blue singer Simon Webbe with his debut single 'Lay Your Hands'.

Black Eyed Peas, Rihanna, Girls Aloud, White Stripes and Kaiser Chiefs are all set for new entries inside the top 10, but could be challenged by Freemasons and the Rolling Stones.

UK singles midweek top 10:

1. Oasis - The Importance of Being Idle

2. Simon Webbe - Lay Your Hands

3. James Blunt - You're Beautiful

source:virgin.net

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2005, 06:57:09 PM »

Oasis are cool.  But Thats just My Opinion.

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2005, 09:04:08 PM »

^Another point for Manowar.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2005, 09:44:05 PM »

^Another point for Manowar.

Whats THAT suppost to mean?!

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2005, 10:51:07 PM »

Perhaps it's the "just my opinion" part. Manowar fans tend to look at music more objectively, it seems. Very few of them, for example, hold Warriors Of The World in the same regard as Into Glory Ride. Hell, many of them say WotW was a turd. They can admit that Manowar has made many terrible songs, and they have. The point is, they also have some great songs, and this is what the fans love.

Manowar fans, like the band, are blunt about their feelings. You won't hear many of them say "it's just my opinion". You'll definitely get a lot of "HAIL AND KILL!!!" or "LEAVE THE HALL!!!" out of them!  peace It's not so much musical snobbery as it is really enjoying the music and getting a lot out of it; it's music to go out and fight for! Oasis is a more casual band for mainstream taste. They would never have the guts to make a cheesy "song" like The Warrior's Prayer, something that makes Manowar unique.
Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2005, 10:56:16 PM »

Perhaps it's the "just my opinion" part. Manowar fans tend to look at music more objectively, it seems. Very few of them, for example, hold Warriors Of The World in the same regard as Into Glory Ride. Hell, many of them say WotW was a turd. They can admit that Manowar has made many terrible songs, and they have. The point is, they also have some great songs, and this is what the fans love.

Manowar fans, like the band, are blunt about their feelings. You won't hear many of them say "it's just my opinion". You'll definitely get a lot of "HAIL AND KILL!!!" or "LEAVE THE HALL!!!" out of them!? peace It's not so much musical snobbery as it is really enjoying the music and getting a lot out of it; it's music to go out and fight for! Oasis is a more casual band for mainstream taste. They would never have the guts to make a cheesy "song" like The Warrior's Prayer, something that makes Manowar unique.

Hmm... interesting... Myabe I should re-phrase then

I like Oasis.... HAIL OR KILL!!!!

better?

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2006, 04:56:28 AM »

http://www.bravewords.com/news/41342

I can't see anyone from Oasis, or any other band for that matter, daring an interviewer to shoot him so he could die for his music.  rofl Manowar is the most true band to ever exist. Hell, even Judas Priest made shit like Turbo and Point Of Entry! Manowar are one of the few bands that have been 100% metal.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2006, 05:19:56 AM »

I can't see anyone from Oasis, or any other band for that matter, daring an interviewer to shoot him so he could die for his music.? rofl Manowar is the most true band to ever exist. Hell, even Judas Priest made shit like Turbo and Point Of Entry! Manowar are one of the few bands that have been 100% metal.

i'd say metal/rock n roll. Oasis are crap. they suck and disgrace to rock anyways. manowar hands down

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2006, 05:26:18 AM »

I can't see anyone from Oasis, or any other band for that matter, daring an interviewer to shoot him so he could die for his music.  rofl Manowar is the most true band to ever exist. Hell, even Judas Priest made shit like Turbo and Point Of Entry! Manowar are one of the few bands that have been 100% metal.

i'd say metal/rock n roll. Oasis are crap. they suck and disgrace to rock anyways. manowar hands down

You cant even compare manowar to Oasis you disgraceful bellend nervous
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2006, 05:33:37 AM »

I can't see anyone from Oasis, or any other band for that matter, daring an interviewer to shoot him so he could die for his music.? rofl Manowar is the most true band to ever exist. Hell, even Judas Priest made shit like Turbo and Point Of Entry! Manowar are one of the few bands that have been 100% metal.

You cant even compare manowar to Oasis you disgraceful bellend nervous

im not comparing them dumbass. I telling you may opinions of them and how they differ.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2006, 05:36:39 AM »

This thread is arguably the most idiotic and pathetic thread ive ever read on the Internet, well done.  confused
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #159 on: March 19, 2006, 08:12:57 AM »

This thread is arguably the most idiotic and pathetic thread ive ever read on the Internet, well done. confused

You obviously aint lived long enough. i think that award goes to jameslofton29 thread "I'm not Paul Huge"

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: