Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:37:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Fuck Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck Oasis  (Read 36024 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2005, 07:35:08 PM »

It's a good song, but Manowar have done many better ones, that's all. Heart Of Steel is a much better ballad, but Mountains is their best.
estranged.1098
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2005, 09:09:31 PM »

What I like about them is that they're not afraid to say what they think, not only about other bands but their own.

In this case, they were slagging off Manowar while having never heard their music. That's just fucking stupid.

Err.. no. Andy Bell never heard of Manowar, the article doesn't say anything about Liam. In fact, they wrote "Gallagher says emphatically". Being emphatical would contribute to the belief that he has heard of them.

And I won't ask people to read the fuckin magazine again, here's one quote from it:

Q: Well, you get quoted a lot expressing your hatred for this or that, yet you sing a lot of songs about peace and love. How do you reconcile the two?
I don't hate anything. I've got lots of love. I love my children. I love life. I love getting up in the morning. I love going out at night. I'm surrounded by great things. The only things that I dislike is some people's music sometimes. If people ask me my opinion on a band, I'm not gonna sit on the fence and go, "Oh yeah man, they're fucking great guys!" If I don't like it, I don't like it. Vice versa, they've got a right to slag my band off if they don't like it. I think people should relax a bit. I'm only...

estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2005, 11:48:23 PM »

what the fuck is wrong with thinking manowar is great?

how am i not making sense, i think they are a great band, i never said they were the "greatest," but they are still great.  You are the one making an ass of yourself as you are no longer talking about what the thread is about.  Now you are only discussing how sweet you are at making internet forum comebacks. 

am i making sense now, or do you only understand people who conform to your opinion?

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2005, 03:35:44 AM »

This thread has become pretty pointless.  Basically just people trading insults.  The two bands being compared are totally different.  The bottom line is the dude from Oasis made a stupid comment, and the dudes from Manowar could care less...cause no one cares what Oasis has to say.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2005, 06:37:55 AM »

...cause no one cares what Oasis has to say.
I think this 7 page thread begs to differ

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2005, 05:31:52 PM »

Most of this thread has been trading insults.  I think its very admirable that the dudes from Manowar have refrained from commenting on this...classy dudes.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2005, 06:25:24 PM »

Oasis is the worst thing eva. theyr just a bunch of wannabe's that pretend 2 be hard and obsessed with rok n roll but theyr shit and nothing more. theres onli 2 songs dat r ok and theres a maximum of only 10secs i like in dem songs.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2005, 11:50:15 AM »

Judging from your typing, I take it you prefer Snoop Dogg? Wink
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2005, 02:03:29 PM »

Oasis rule!  They're keeping the flame of rock 'n' roll alive.  Rather than your typical whiny post-grunge rock stars, they freely admit that they live in a GN'R-style haze of sex, drugs, and rock.  Plus they're still writing great songs.  Manowar are okay, but they come off to me sounding like weak Iron Maiden wannabes.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2005, 02:41:50 PM »

This thread has become pretty pointless.  Basically just people trading insults.  The two bands being compared are totally different.  The bottom line is the dude from Oasis made a stupid comment, and the dudes from Manowar could care less...cause no one cares what Oasis has to say.

If no one cares what Oasis says then why the hell did this thread get started in the first place??  How can anyone get mad at band, consisting of guys they don't know, for talking shit about another band full of people they don't know.  Who gives a fuck what any band says about another band? 

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2005, 11:47:22 AM »

Judging from your typing, I take it you prefer Snoop Dogg? Wink

nope. i h8 all rap
Oasis rule! They're keeping the flame of rock 'n' roll alive. Rather than your typical whiny post-grunge rock stars, they freely admit that they live in a GN'R-style haze of sex, drugs, and rock. Plus they're still writing great songs. Manowar are okay, but they come off to me sounding like weak Iron Maiden wannabes.

wot!Oasis  hav destroyed rock n' roll not carrying the torch.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2005, 08:36:20 PM »

Sakib...this is not sms texting. You know you don't have limited space here, don't you?

Oasis is one of the best british bands that's come out in the last 10-15 years. You may like them or you may not, but Oasis will never ben indifferent to anybody. Want proof? Read the subject of this thread.

By the way, The importance of being idle is the best Oasis song of this decade.
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2005, 09:32:28 AM »

This is probably the most idiotic thread ive ever seen in my life.

Oasis are a rock n roll band that single handedly changed the economy of britain in the 90's for that alone they will be rememberd forever. Im not even going to comment on them musically, because its pretty fucking obvious that they have 3 or 4 albums that are amongst the best of all time.

Manowar are a metal band.

nuff said, to be honest this thread is pretty fucking embarrassing.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2005, 02:24:44 PM »

Oasis are a rock n roll band that single handedly changed the economy of britain in the 90's for that alone they will be rememberd forever. Im not even going to comment on them musically, because its pretty fucking obvious that they have 3 or 4 albums that are amongst the best of all time.

Your opinion is quite embarassing.  Go ahead and call Manowar devil worshipers.  If you're ignorant when it comes to metal music, please refrain on commenting about it.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2005, 06:07:27 PM »

Your opinion is quite embarassing.  Go ahead and call Manowar devil worshipers.  If you're ignorant when it comes to metal music, please refrain on commenting about it.

did you get dropped on your head when you were little? where in my post did i mention manowar being devil worshippers.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2005, 06:35:03 PM »

You just called them a "metal" band, which can mean anything. Nu-metal, death metal, black metal, doom metal, heavy metal, power metal, you name it. These days, just calling a band "metal" doesn't say much at all, except maybe ignorance. You don't know much about metal, that was Rob's point.

They even moved away from the whole Satanic thing, which was getting out of style in mainstream metal anyway. Iron Maiden's NotB album's overall silliness was when the Satanic image had to move underground for a while, since it wasn't being taken seriously at all anymore by many people. Of course, outsiders will still call metal Satanic, among other things.
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2005, 08:18:15 AM »

You just called them a "metal" band, which can mean anything. Nu-metal, death metal, black metal, doom metal, heavy metal, power metal, you name it. These days, just calling a band "metal" doesn't say much at all, except maybe ignorance. You don't know much about metal, that was Rob's point.

They even moved away from the whole Satanic thing, which was getting out of style in mainstream metal anyway. Iron Maiden's NotB album's overall silliness was when the Satanic image had to move underground for a while, since it wasn't being taken seriously at all anymore by many people. Of course, outsiders will still call metal Satanic, among other things.

who gives a fuck about satanic metal?! i certainly dont.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2005, 06:24:24 PM »

It was just part of the culture back then. Now, Odin and Thor are the in thing.  Wink
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2005, 03:41:45 PM »

Sakib...this is not sms texting. You know you don't have limited space here, don't you?

Oasis is one of the best british bands that's come out in the last 10-15 years. You may like them or you may not, but Oasis will never ben indifferent to anybody. Want proof? Read the subject of this thread.

By the way, The importance of being idle is the best Oasis song of this decade.

Ozzy is da best oasis ent rok n roll

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2005, 06:38:47 PM »

It was just part of the culture back then. Now, Odin and Thor are the in thing.? Wink

I mean, wouldn't you rather listen to songs about rainbow bridges, brothers of metal, war, and morse heros? I know i would

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: