Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:42:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Fuck Oasis
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck Oasis  (Read 35981 times)
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2005, 06:21:53 PM »

that their music is so far from reality it doesnt fit into the real world, doesnt deal with real world issues...

If riding into town swords drawn and looting the villagers' coffers isn't a real world issue, I don't know what is hihi

Get yourself a sense of humor, grandpa.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2005, 06:23:34 PM »

well i understand what he was saying...that their music is so far from reality it doesnt fit into the real world, doesnt deal with real world issues...people can identify with Oasis more because their lyrics are closer to real life...hence Manowar are fake...

Well, look at all the trash rappers who sing about street life, and look at all the classical operas based off of mythology. Lyrics don't have to be real to be meaningful. Manowar's lyrics are still pretty bad, though, but they never claimed to be a poetic band.  hihi Music is more important than lyrics.

PS- What the hell is a Champagne Supernova? That's nonsense.
estranged.1098
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2005, 06:38:15 PM »

Noel on Champagne Supernova
"Some of the lyrics were written when I was out of it. There's the words: 'Someday you will find me/ Caught beneath a landslide/ ln a Champagne Supernova in the sky'. That's probably as psychedelic as I'll ever get. It means different things when I'm in different moods. When I'm in a bad mood being caught beneath a landslide is like being suffocated. The song is a bit of an epic. It's about when you're young and you see people in groups and you think about what they did for you and they did nothing. As a kid, you always believed the Sex Pistols were going to conquer the world and kill everybody in the process. Bands like The Clash just petered out. Punk rock was supposed to be the revolution but what did it do? F all. The Manchester thing was going to be the greatest movement on earth but it was f all. When we started we decided we weren't going to do anything for anybody, we Jut thought we'd leave a bunch of great songs. But some of the words are about nothing. One is about Bracket The Butler who used to be on Camberwick Green, or Chipley or Trumpton or something. He used to take about 20 minutes to go down the hall. And then I couldn't think of anything that rhymed with 'hall' apart from 'cannonball'. so I wrote 'Slowly walking down the hall/ Faster than a cannonball' and people were like, 'Wow, f , man'. There's also the line 'Where were you while we were getting high?' because that's what we always say to each other. But the number of people who've started clubs called Champagne Supernova is f ing unbelievable. And the album isn't even released yet."
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2005, 06:39:35 PM »

that their music is so far from reality it doesnt fit into the real world, doesnt deal with real world issues...

If riding into town swords drawn and looting the villagers' coffers isn't a real world issue, I don't know what is hihi

Get yourself a sense of humor, grandpa.

I have got a sense of humour, im laughing at those god awful lyrics...is there any song which doesnt have crap like that in it?

Who says i am defending Oasis?...i think they are the smaller of the 2 piles of shite...Champagne Supernova is bollocks, its probably some reference to drugs or psychedelia but who cares..plenty of other superior bands out there

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2005, 06:49:44 PM »

...is there any song which doesnt have crap like that in it?

Sure there is, Master of the Wind is a good example of a Manowar song that some of the haters might actually like, both lyrically and musically. Not gonna post any lyric samples though, like I said a few posts earlier, rarely do printed lyrics look that good - you need the music to go along with it. (Arcturus are an exception to the rule, but then again they use poetry as lyrics anyway and are generally gods among men.)

estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2005, 12:55:17 AM »

oh god, the good old you've got a lot of posts so you're sad line. Is that what you're resorting to? Well jarmo is the saddest bastard on this forum then. Why don't you write him a letter describing how he's wasting his life.

Wether or not manowar are better musicians is neither here nor there. It's a stone cold fact that buckethead could play anything slash could play - but that doesnt make him a better guitarist on that alone.

well it is a fact that buckethead is technically better than slash, and manowar are technically better than oasis.  and it is different to run a website than to spend your life on one that you have no part in the running of.

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2005, 01:59:31 AM »

Would you people shut the fuck up about these nutsmackers.

100 bucks says they all get together for a round of skin-flute recital every second night.

Fuck. All this talk has awaken me from my slumber.  I must go now.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2005, 05:24:07 AM »

well it is a fact that buckethead is technically better than slash, and manowar are technically better than oasis.? and it is different to run a website than to spend your life on one that you have no part in the running of.

Getting desperate, the 'ur sad' argument shows ur running low on ammo - and i have plenty more

Quick! To the bandwagon!
estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2005, 01:05:55 PM »

ammo?

I am not on this website to prove that i'm right all the time as you obviously are.  You probably think that you are sweet because you make fun of people on the internet. 

I also like the fact that you doged my explaination for my earlier statement, I am trying to resolve the conflict, and you just keep making it worse.  Maybe YOU are the one "running low on ammo" as you did not reply to my latest post, only one that someone else had already made a comment about.

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2005, 01:34:24 PM »

well it is a fact that buckethead is technically better than slash, and manowar are technically better than oasis.  and it is different to run a website than to spend your life on one that you have no part in the running of.

Getting desperate, the 'ur sad' argument shows ur running low on ammo - and i have plenty more

It's a bit sad that you think of backup posts to 'defeat' other users in your little message board battles.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2005, 01:54:08 PM »

anything rock (oasis) is just conceptually better than anything metal (manowar). No question asked. I've always seen heavy metal as a fake music.
Idiot of the day award goes to Nesquik - Metal is far from fake mate.  That particular opinion is invalid.  Infact, if you said that in my house I'd take you outside for a bit of fisticuffs!  Metal Up Your Ass!!!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2005, 02:08:27 PM »

Walk is 100% correct on everything here folks.  Izzy, I used to like Oasis a lot and believed the hype.  But I saw the error of my ways and I haven't played an album of theirs for 2 or 3 years now.  Maybe the comarison needs to be done in clearly defined sections:

Music - I've heard Man O' War and they can play their instruments and come up with their own riffs without blatantly 'borrowing'.  Noel is right when he says most stuff isn't original, but there is border and Oasis have corssed it too far too often.  Man O' War win here.

Lyrics - both are slightly daft to me, although at least Man O' War's make sense.  Noel's lyrics are utter bollocks and there's not a damn thing anyone here can do about it!  If there best song is Wonderwall why is it nobody can work out what the hell it's supposed to mean?  I get more from hearing about heroes in battle.  I think there's as much chance of seeing a dragon walking down the street as there is being under a Champagne Supernova.

Attitude - okay, Man O' War might not be to everyone's taste but I bet they don't go around slandering bands that they don't like by claiming to be better (without cause - obviously they're allowed to slander gay bands like Limp Bizkit, Busted etc).  Oasis, however, are always bleating on about someone being crap.  They're fine ones to talk considering they all do their jobs averagely at best.  I've never heard impressive drumming, bass, guitar or vocals on any Oasis track.

Popularity - irrelevant.  Man O' War aren't as marketable hence are less popular, but that doesn't make them a worse band.  Be honest, Oasis are coffee-table rock.

4-0 to Man O' War!!!  Up yours Noel and Liam!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2005, 03:23:41 PM »

What's wrong with Brother's Of Metal?? I love that fucking song.? It makes me proud to be a metal fan.? The lyrics may be a bit cheesy, but who gives a fuck?? I'll take cheesy metal over the pussy rock of Oasis anyday.

Hows the surly offerings of the Gallagher's 'pussy rock'?

They are the most in ur face 24 carat bastards u could ever get in a studio, there songs just drip with confrontational lyrics, and they back it up

Ur not going to win any arguments with lies....

They're a bunch if limey fruits.  They believe their own hype worse than Velvet Revolver.  And calling them pussies isn't lying, its my opinion.  I'm entitled to one just like everyone else on this board.  You seem to forget that quite often there, Izzy.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2005, 04:11:57 PM »

What's wrong with Brother's Of Metal?  I love that fucking song.  It makes me proud to be a metal fan.  The lyrics may be a bit cheesy, but who gives a fuck?  I'll take cheesy metal over the pussy rock of Oasis anyday.

Hows the surly offerings of the Gallagher's 'pussy rock'?

They are the most in ur face 24 carat bastards u could ever get in a studio, there songs just drip with confrontational lyrics, and they back it up

Ur not going to win any arguments with lies....

They're a bunch if limey fruits.  They believe their own hype worse than Velvet Revolver.  And calling them pussies isn't lying, its my opinion.  I'm entitled to one just like everyone else on this board.  You seem to forget that quite often there, Izzy.

I agree.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
estranged.1098
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2005, 05:03:03 PM »

Idiot of the day award goes to Nesquik - Metal is far from fake mate.  That particular opinion is invalid.  Infact, if you said that in my house I'd take you outside for a bit of fisticuffs!  Metal Up Your Ass!!!

What is it with metal fans with the physical "I'll take you" attitude? Manowar will kill Oasis!!! It's quite funny, keep it up.

Music - I've heard Man O' War and they can play their instruments and come up with their own riffs without blatantly 'borrowing'.  Noel is right when he says most stuff isn't original, but there is border and Oasis have corssed it too far too often.  Man O' War win here.

Comparing Oasis to Manowar musically is absolutely ridiculous as they are two different things. Nobody wins my friend, Manowar fans prefer one thing and Oasis fans prefer another.
As for Oasis ripping off other bands, I would say they have done it as often as anyone else.  Oasis has over 100 songs in their catalog, you will find similiarities with other songs. But Oasis has two albums considered by every respectable music critic as amazing. You don't have to like it, but anyone who knows a thing about music will agree with me.

Lyrics - both are slightly daft to me, although at least Man O' War's make sense.  Noel's lyrics are utter bollocks and there's not a damn thing anyone here can do about it!  If there best song is Wonderwall why is it nobody can work out what the hell it's supposed to mean?  I get more from hearing about heroes in battle.  I think there's as much chance of seeing a dragon walking down the street as there is being under a Champagne Supernova.

I think the main thing about lyrics is that they mean something to the people who listen to the music.
You said you haven't listened to Oasis music in 2-3 years, but have you listened to the lyrics on SOTSOG? Or the new album? Maybe you haven't listened to Oasis in 10 years.
I can even mention songs that weren't A-sides that have wonderful lyrics, like 'The Masterplan', 'Talk Tonight', 'Whatever'.

Attitude - okay, Man O' War might not be to everyone's taste but I bet they don't go around slandering bands that they don't like by claiming to be better (without cause - obviously they're allowed to slander gay bands like Limp Bizkit, Busted etc).  Oasis, however, are always bleating on about someone being crap.  They're fine ones to talk considering they all do their jobs averagely at best.  I've never heard impressive drumming, bass, guitar or vocals on any Oasis track.

Liam talks about talking about other bands in the interview I posted, please have a look at it. What I like about them is that they're not afraid to say what they think, not only about other bands but their own.

Popularity - irrelevant.  Man O' War aren't as marketable hence are less popular, but that doesn't make them a worse band.  Be honest, Oasis are coffee-table rock.

Popularity means nothing. Coffee-table rock also means nothing, care to explain that expression to me?

Haha! Even what you admit as a lost argument (popularity) is count as pro-Manowar. Your last comment disqualifies the rest of your post as completely partial, unfortunately.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2005, 05:11:51 PM »

It's a bit sad that you think of backup posts to 'defeat' other users in your little message board battles.

Its a bit sad i have answers to questions i'm presented with? confused

ammo?

Short for Ammunition. Its a word that most often applies to bullets or missiles.

I am not on this website to prove that i'm right all the time as you obviously are.

Now now, i'm only right most of the time, not all of the time. Even i realise expecting GNR to release another album is just wrong Smiley

You probably think that you are sweet because you make fun of people on the internet. 

That i can do it so easily does make me think I am rather good with words if nothing else Wink

I also like the fact that you doged my explaination for my earlier statement,

Which was?

I am trying to resolve the conflict

I notice u missed by point about 'can't we all just get along?'

and you just keep making it worse.

I find it funny that people praise Manowar so much, i can't leave untill someone tells me they are actually the greatest band ever

Maybe YOU are the one "running low on ammo" as you did not reply to my latest post, only one that someone else had already made a comment about.

Must have missed that post, but u managed to miss one of mine Smiley

I've tried to add some common sense to a discussion which centres on how Manowar are somehow one of music's greats..... peace

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2005, 05:14:33 PM »

Damnit, there are too estranged's in this thread Tongue - one makes sense, the other doesn't, can't one of u change ur screen name slightly, its confusing the hell out of me hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2005, 05:42:43 PM »

popularity is irrelevant yet you praise a 4-0 score in your favour...alas popularity is relevant to you, youve just proved it...oh and you cant count

patronising phrases...used to put down others and to make yourself look good...how blase

Sure there is, Master of the Wind is a good example of a Manowar song that some of the haters might actually like, both lyrically and musically. Not gonna post any lyric samples though, like I said a few posts earlier, rarely do printed lyrics look that good - you need the music to go along with it. (Arcturus are an exception to the rule, but then again they use poetry as lyrics anyway and are generally gods among men.)

nope, kind of bland, lyrics going nowhere...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2005, 06:41:06 PM »

Master of the Wind was a mediocre song on one of Manowar's worst albums. This is because they lost both their drummer AND guitarist before it came out! Even today, Joey and Eric are the only original members left in Manowar. Given the circumstances, they did better than most bands would have.

For a good Manowar ballad, check out Mountains from the Sign Of The Hammer album. If that song doesn't move you, well, check for a pulse. Wink Hell, get that whole album! It's second only to the greatness of Battle Hymns.

EDIT: Lyrically, the best Manowar song is probably Revelation (Death's Angel). Mountains is the best ballad, since I consider Revelation to be a "rocker" type song.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 06:47:12 PM by Walk » Logged
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2005, 07:16:38 PM »

What I like about them is that they're not afraid to say what they think, not only about other bands but their own.

In this case, they were slagging off Manowar while having never heard their music. That's just fucking stupid.

By the way, love the songs you mentioned Walk (even though I disagree with Master of the Wind being mediocre).

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: