Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:42:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Fuck Oasis
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck Oasis  (Read 35939 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: July 26, 2005, 09:32:20 PM »

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/06/2402.cfm

Lets see...

vs

MANOWAR KILL!!!!!!!!!!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 02:26:33 AM »

just like Oasis to slag everyone els off n' think they r' the kings

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 04:22:51 AM »

The trilogy of Into Glory Ride-Hail to England-Sign of the Hammer reigns supreme over anything Oasis has ever done.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 09:38:32 AM »

have you only just picked up on this? they've said they're the best thing since sliced bread for the last decade.

i don't really rate sliced bread that highly tho.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 09:46:06 AM »

Well said by Liam - he's spot on too

"But they're loud and shit though, aren't they? They're just shit," Gallagher says emphatically.

Seated beside him, bassist Andy Bell is somewhat perplexed.

"Who are they anyway?" Bell asks. "Heavy metal?"

"Fuck Manowar," interjects Gallagher decisively.

One of the reason they have sold so many albums - u got to love the way they don't give a damn about others views! Rock n' roll!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 09:55:16 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 10:01:21 AM »

Every song I've heard from Oasis seems to rip of riffs from The Velvet Underground and of course The Beatles.  That song Lyla sounds just like a VU tune. 

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 10:05:16 AM »

I think Oasis are shit. I liked a few of their songs but they bore me to tears. Is this seriously the band that is supposed to define Britain's 'rock scene'?

Oh dear.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 11:43:16 AM »

no. who said they defined british rock? or are you just making up a quote to prove a bullshit point?
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 11:47:34 AM »

One of the reason they have sold so many albums - u got to love the way they don't give a damn about others views!

Ooh, such rebels. I, erm, admire them and stuff.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 12:55:12 PM »

Every song I've heard from Oasis seems to rip of riffs from The Velvet Underground and of course The Beatles.? That song Lyla sounds just like a VU tune.?

The band are very open about how they rip off the Beatles all the time hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 04:36:45 PM »

how do you tell the difference between 2 piles of shit?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 06:01:42 PM »

When Maxim or Blender reviewd their album, they said, "The songs no longer sound like Beatles retreads, now they sound like Oasis retreads!" Then the other said, to the effect of, "Everyone besides Great Britain realizes that Oasis only put out one good album, and that was 10 years ago"

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005, 06:14:34 PM »

Manowar's first 4 albums are metal classics. Their next 2 were considered sellout albums by many, but were not really bad, just not quite as good. After that, they became irrelevent, but their live show is still solid. They are one of the most important American heavy metal bands ever. Bands like Manowar and Jag Panzer helped create the American power metal scene. European pflower metal like Sonata Arctica and Rhapsody doesn't even come close.

Oasis is a product. They are there to satisfy the demand of Beatles/retro rock. They aren't original and no one likes them but washed up music critics. Music isn't as important to them as having a "rock" image/attitude, which can mean anything. Rebellion for rebellion's sake is worthless.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 11:13:56 PM »

how do you tell the difference between 2 piles of shit?
See which pile is taller..  hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 08:07:20 AM »

Manowar's first 4 albums are metal classics.

Oh c'mon. They are a joke, and always have been. And they have been happy to contribute to that image. Its good that u like them, many do, but a daily dose of reality medicine is what i perscribe for you. They are not respected, and they are not a success story.

I don't really like them, but they aren't terrible. Don't claim they are something there not, u aren't likely to fool anyone

They are one of the most important American heavy metal bands ever.

Again - is that for our benefit or urs? U don't seriously believe that do u? C'mon, they don't even have a gold record! How many people have even heard of them?

Bands like Manowar and Jag Panzer helped create the American power metal scene. European pflower metal like Sonata Arctica and Rhapsody doesn't even come close.

Who are these bands?

Oasis is a product.

confused

They are there to satisfy the demand of Beatles/retro rock.

Must be quiet some market for that then....

They aren't original

And Manowar are? As if Guns N' Roses were, or Nirvana or Metallica, or....

and no one likes them but washed up music critics.

Might want to tell that to the people that helped them sell 40 million albums

Might want to tell that to those that helped them sell out every stadium show in this country. That's right - stadiums, those big things that fit zillions

Only the music press dislike then hihi

Music isn't as important to them as having a "rock" image/attitude, which can mean anything. Rebellion for rebellion's sake is worthless.

What? Roll Eyes

You can't even name an Oasis album without google.com's help, have u even heard a single song?

U might be able to fool others but its painfully apparent u have no idea who or what Oasis are

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 08:27:55 AM »

They are not respected, and they are not a success story.

"Not a success story", lol.. what is that supposed to mean anyway? Manowar are very successful considering they've had a long career and have tons of loyal fans. People who've listened to them in their early teens still remember the classics.. and as for respect, they do get some - albeit tongue in cheek. You either get it or you don't. It's all in good spirit.

C'mon, they don't even have a gold record! How many people have even heard of them?

Might want to tell that to the people that helped them sell 40 million albums

Might want to tell that to those that helped them sell out every stadium show in this country. That's right - stadiums, those big things that fit zillions

LMAO! - you're starting to sound like D trying to defend Bon Jovi. You can figure out for yourself whether that's a compliment or not hihi

2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005, 09:06:51 AM »

oasis got more people to go to knebworth than zep. if manowar ever do anything like that i'll personally eat out the asshole of every member.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 09:53:02 AM »

"Not a success story", lol.. what is that supposed to mean anyway?

It means no one has actually bought their stuff. Somewhat strange for a band thats released so many ''classic'' albums?

Manowar are very successful considering they've had a long career and have tons of loyal fans. People who've listened to them in their early teens still remember the classics.. and as for respect, they do get some - albeit tongue in cheek. You either get it or you don't. It's all in good spirit.

There is no correlation between total sales-quality, but at the same time, no sales does mean something and vast sales usually indicates something too

Oasis have sold by the shed load, Manowar have sold enough to get 2 people on a message board defending them in the face of thousands who are wondering if this slightly queer band have really pioneered power metal confused

LMAO! - you're starting to sound like D trying to defend Bon Jovi. You can figure out for yourself whether that's a compliment or not hihi

I think D did a pretty good job (only helped by the daft nature of the 'counter' argument), so i choose to take that as a compliment

oasis got more people to go to knebworth than zep. if manowar ever do anything like that i'll personally eat out the asshole of every member.

'Nuff said
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 09:54:54 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 11:04:30 AM »

Most new Oasis fans are probably 'sheep' who get all of their musical  goodness from MTV2.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005, 11:34:13 AM »

It means no one has actually bought their stuff. Somewhat strange for a band thats released so many ''classic'' albums?

Please refrain from talking out of your ass - I don't know exactly how many records Manowar has sold, but you obviously haven't even got a clue. Your claim of them having no fans is simply ridiculous, to the extent that I wonder whether I can be bothered to go on about this. I personally know tons of people who have listened to Manowar at one point in their lives, and if you go to any metal-oriented message board you'll find they are very well known.

Oasis have sold by the shed load, Manowar have sold enough to get 2 people on a message board defending them

Gotta love your sense of logic. Going by that, Manowar is more popular than Oasis because it has two people defending them here, and Oasis only has one.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: