Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:59:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  gnr traditions
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: gnr traditions  (Read 4175 times)
gnrfan1797
« on: July 26, 2005, 02:56:30 PM »

Does anybody have a like a gnr event that they celebrate or so everyday. for the last 3 years i have worked 12 hour shifts and iv'e played afd uyi1 and 2 completley every time i work. Im just a bit curiouse to see if anyone does anything like that.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 02:59:50 PM »

I used to listen to Welcome To Jungle on the way to work and Paradise City on the way home every day I worked.  I don't do it anymore though.  I dress as Slash or Axl every Halloween.  That's all I can think of right now.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 03:44:38 PM »

Does anybody have a like a gnr event that they celebrate or so everyday. for the last 3 years i have worked 12 hour shifts and iv'e played afd uyi1 and 2 completley every time i work. Im just a bit curiouse to see if anyone does anything like that.

Every time? Damn u must be sick of them

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 04:20:46 PM »

when I was a teenager, I used to listen to at least one (sometimes 2) GNR album before I went to bed on the headphones in it's entirety every night

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Dust N Rose
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 05:44:09 PM »

Every time school finished (or work) and the summer begins I play Paradise City at full volume wherever I am.
Also I play it each time I go somewhere for vacations.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 05:54:41 PM »

When I was a teen, I did alot of meth. After doing it, we would listen to UYI 1 and 2 straight through. It was great. Of course, that was when UYI had first came out. A bunch of teens all spun out on dope listening to GNR. Man, those were the days!! I wish I could go back!

Dust N Rose
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 06:02:03 PM »

When I was a teen, I did alot of meth. After doing it, we would listen to UYI 1 and 2 straight through. It was great. Of course, that was when UYI had first came out. A bunch of teens all spun out on dope listening to GNR. Man, those were the days!! I wish I could go back!

man you should be happy, some of us didn't even live that hype. I was 6...  no
gnrfan1797
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 06:13:53 PM »

Well i was reading motley crue the dirt and vince talked about how one of his freinds plays girls girls girls every hour on the hour in his club and i thouhgt that was i was doing was kinda cool im not sick of it by any means infact i like it more and more each day.
Clarepants
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 06:18:56 PM »

I listen to GNR everyday during my 5km runs because it motivates me  ok
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 07:16:41 PM »

NewRose, it was GREAT. The two year hype and eventual release of Illusions was a truly incredible experience. That feeling I had when I showed up at the record store to buy it on the day it was released was a feeling I'll never have again. The feeling I had when I opened the jewel cases was euphoric. I feel sorry for the new fans who didn't get to experience that. The wait for Illusions and the orgasm of its release was a major highlight of the GNR experience. CD release wont be the same. It will be great, but not have the same feel to it. We're all older and more jaded. LOL!!

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 07:23:02 PM »

NewRose, it was GREAT. The two year hype and eventual release of Illusions was a truly incredible experience. That feeling I had when I showed up at the record store to buy it on the day it was released was a feeling I'll never have again. The feeling I had when I opened the jewel cases was euphoric. I feel sorry for the new fans who didn't get to experience that. The wait for Illusions and the orgasm of its release was a major highlight of the GNR experience. CD release wont be the same. It will be great, but not have the same feel to it. We're all older and more jaded. LOL!!

youre dead on James

That was indeed a special day, I dont think ive ever been so excited as the day Illusions were finally released. It was like a dream or something - the anticipation had been so huge, it was kind of overwhelming

The albums themselves took a long time to digest

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 07:30:44 PM »

I wear biker shorts everyday "Around 9PM" to commemorate the UYI era Axl and his penchant for promptness to gigs...

Sorry, I couldn't resist..... Grin

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 07:35:27 PM »

Everytime GNR release a new record i buy a bottle Champagne and some hookers to celebrate! If the album is really great i may Smoke a joint before i go to bed! Oh damn! im talking about weekends!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 07:37:33 PM »

I wear biker shorts everyday "Around 9PM" to commemorate the UYI era Axl and his penchant for promptness to gigs...

Sorry, I couldn't resist..... Grin

LOL  rofl

That was indeed a sad 'fashion disaster'

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 07:41:54 PM »

Jimmy, you're right. it was unreal. It was like being in bed with your favorite actress or model and thinking,'Wait a minute! Is this really happening!' LOL!! It was a once in a lifetime event. I remember weeks before its release, there was hints it was coming soon. One day, I woke up and was looking through the newspaper, and it had been announced! It said it was coming out Sept.17, and some reporter got to hear it, and said it was incredible! Reading that article was a mindblower also.

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 07:43:39 PM »

I used to play WTTJ every day when I woke up to get me motivated to get out of bed. I'm not a morning person at all but the energy of the song made it easier for me to get up instead of just go back to sleep.  Tongue
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 11:51:53 PM »

I've heard davegnfr2k beats it to a VMA pic of botaxl's shiny, new face everynite before bed. Does that count?

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2005, 02:24:43 AM »

i used to be a radio DJ, the intro to my show was My World without fail. ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2005, 06:17:55 AM »

I've heard davegnfr2k beats it to a VMA pic of botaxl's shiny, new face everynite before bed. Does that count?

Your provocation is getting old. Tone it down.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Deathdealer
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2005, 06:39:30 AM »

When a relationship is ended i play Estranged over and over  peace
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: