Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:53:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Could Axl have done it without the old guys?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could Axl have done it without the old guys?  (Read 16526 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2005, 10:45:47 PM »

is that booker floyd???

holy cow let me rub my eyes...where the hell have u been?

i kinda missed u

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2005, 10:49:39 PM »

The whole thing with this is, that as Slash said in the BTM doco, he wanted to "keep the fucking thing going".

It is clear that prior to  the Illusions tour, Axl essentially gave the band an ultimaum (which was tantamount to blackmail) - total control or the tour/band is off. With their livelihoods at stake, they chose to continue, while putting forth a united, public front that they were on the same page as Axl. This would be the only context in which Slash would claim he put that backing band together - ?to go along with Axl and at least publicy show a united "band" front with him.

Slash is the same guy who had reservations about Dizzy, a mere keyboardist, coming into the fold. He has always proffessed a love and a work ethic for back to a basics style rock n roll.

however it was Axl who loved Queen and Elton John and had grandiose visions for GN'R as opposed to Slash's idea of GN'R as an honest rock n roll band. When you look at it rationally like this, can you really put your hand on your heart and claim that Slash was the reason this bloated period of GNR exists?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 10:51:23 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2005, 10:52:28 PM »

Falcon I know how stupid you are and how fried your brain must be. But like I said, I have already proven this a few times and I am not looking for that quote again.

Actually Dave, all that youve done is use the same excuse.? ok

Keep up the good work Falcon, always great to see you posting.? beer

Booker  you were even posting in the thread where I proven it. Its ok, you know that I am right, and its fine. It just shows how you have no class and cant admit that I have shown the proof in the past. And you can point to what ever thread you want. I have found the quote before and Im not finding it again.

I just love how you keep showing how classless you really are.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2005, 10:52:46 PM »

The return of Booker Floyd, this almost deserves it's own thread ?ok

Great to see you back and posting as well beer

this place just got a lot smarter. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2005, 10:55:32 PM »

The return of Booker Floyd, this almost deserves it's own thread ?ok

Great to see you back and posting as well beer

this place just got a lot smarter. yes

gotta agree with that - the most logical, reasoned posts ive read here  beer

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2005, 10:56:23 PM »

If Slash and company had any balls or brains at that particular time they would have told Axl to go fuck hismelf and ended the show right there. Do you honestly think Axl would have ended GNr if they didnt sign? and EVEN if he did, who would be looked upon as the biggest asshole in music? Axl not the band. the whole thing would have been pinned on Axl.

Axl saw the car wreck coming and he wanted control over the situation. Hes that type of person. I highly doubt Axl the future of GNr to be soley about himself. But when the time came and IF the old band split, Axl still wanted the band name to be his.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2005, 10:58:05 PM »

BTW Booker and falcon.
This is not the quote, but this is coming from a slash fan who even knows that it was slash's idea.
Someone unbiased and not even in this thread.

Personally i think the back up singers, horn section.....etc? sucked ass. Tongue
No matter whos idea it was, it was an awful one. I was kinda surprised to find out it was supposedly Slash's idea- but they are really only needed in November Rain, Bad Obsession and Move to the City. yes

Back to the topic, I agree 100 per cent about them sounding better, but what do u mean "even with ballads like Estranged and Patience"? those songs rule, and suited GNR perfectly! peace

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?action=post;quote=347358;topic=20327.40;num_replies=43;sesc=56be6013607d3aa846919449b5a362cb

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2005, 10:59:01 PM »

..I have found the quote before and Im not finding it again...

You've spent more fucking time telling people you won't find the quote than it would have to actually find the fucking thing.

Brilliant.

F

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2005, 11:00:03 PM »

If Slash and company had any balls or brains at that particular time they would have told Axl to go fuck hismelf and ended the show right there. Do you honestly think Axl would have ended GNr if they didnt sign? and EVEN if he did, who would be looked upon as the biggest asshole in music? Axl not the band. the whole thing would have been pinned on Axl.

Axl saw the car wreck coming and he wanted control over the situation. Hes that type of person. I highly doubt Axl the future of GNr to be soley about himself. But when the time came and IF the old band split, Axl still wanted the band name to be his.

I agree, Slash and Duff should have done what Izzy did, 've always assumed however, that perhaps Izzy was in a sound place financially where as those two could well have squandered their earnings at that point

Exactly why Slash and Duff must take some responsibilty

However, I still feel it's ludicrous to lay the blame for that period on Slash

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2005, 11:01:20 PM »

BTW Booker and falcon.
This is not the quote, but this is coming from a slash fan who even knows that it was slash's idea.

Now you're quoting other posters to vaildate it was Slash's idea?

You're kidding, right?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2005, 11:02:13 PM »

Nothing during that period should be blamed soley on 1 member. Each contributed to the demiise of the old band.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2005, 11:02:37 PM »

..I have found the quote before and Im not finding it again...

You've spent more fucking time telling people you won't find the quote than it would have to actually find the fucking thing.

Brilliant.

F

Falcon because you cannot understand the fact I am not going to look for it. The site that ?had the interview is not online anymore, so im not looking anyfurther. But like I said, look at that slash fan from ?another thread, even he knows that it was slashs idea. So stop your crying already.

BTW Booker and falcon.

Now you're quoting other posters to vaildate it was Slash's idea?

You're kidding, right?

Like I said that is just another person that read slash say that it was his idea.

Its funny that a poster on this board that is a huge slash fan, said he also read that yet you still dont believe it.
But you have no class and wont admit that it was slash's idea and that is fine.
Keep being? yourself, its fine with me.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 11:06:46 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2005, 11:04:20 PM »

Nothing during that period should be blamed soley on 1 member. Each contributed to the demiise of the old band.

youre right, they all contributed, some more than others it would seem

It would be fascinating to hear Axl's whole story, a shame he pulled out of the RS article

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2005, 11:06:41 PM »

It would be fascinating to hear Axl's whole story, a shame he pulled out of the RS article
It will come out eventually if/when CD comes out. Im sure he'll do a couple of interviews.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2005, 11:14:17 PM »

Falcon because you cannot understand the fact I am not going to look for it.

I understand that fully. ?

Do you understand it's open for debate until a slash quote is in fact produced and vailidated?

Do you? Do you really understand?

The site that ?had the interview is not online anymore, so im not looking anyfurther.

Ya sure, ok.

Hey, wait a minute, couldn't that quote also be found here if it were ever posted?

Hmm..

But like I said, look at that slash fan from ?another thread, even he knows that it was slashs idea.
Again, so the fuck what?

So stop your crying already.

No crying here, just asking for proof of an allegation.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2005, 11:17:25 PM »

Once again, Slash recruited the players. If it was a bad idea, I doubt very much that he would have handpicked the players. To blame the expansion of the touring band on Axl simply is revising history.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2005, 11:20:37 PM »

im just speaking in general...not the whole who picked the horns thing.

I do remember reading the point about Slash coming up with the idea for the horns. I also think one of the players was Duffs sister
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 11:23:42 PM by younggunner » Logged

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2005, 11:23:17 PM »

Once again, Slash recruited the players. If it was a bad idea, I doubt very much that he would have handpicked the players. To blame the expansion of the touring band on Axl simply is revising history.

he may have hand-picked them as you say, but i doubt very much it was his idea - there are obviously conflicting accounts of this

I would venture a guess to say that after Axl made his ultimatum, he sweetened the deal for Slash somewhat and allowed him to "hand-pick" the horn players, backing singers etc... it is not an idea that is consistent with Slash's whole musical approach for the last 20 years. I re-iterate, this is an assumption on my part and is no way being stated as fact.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2005, 11:24:34 PM »

Its funny that a poster on this board that is a huge slash fan, said he also read that yet you still dont believe it.
But you have no class and wont admit that it was slash's idea and that is fine.
You argue like a kid.  Roll Eyes

Fuck 'Em All.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2005, 11:28:38 PM »

who cares if GNr used horns for a period. It was only for a leg of a tour. They had the balls to try something different. Did it work? FOr some it did, for others it didnt. After that they stripped it down and went back to bare min. Just a stage in a bands career.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: