Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 08:59:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  About the IRS leak...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: About the IRS leak...  (Read 11421 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2005, 01:34:44 PM »

waiting

don?t
wait for jes... wait, what are you talking about??

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 01:36:44 PM »

waiting giggler

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2005, 01:43:06 PM »

I tried to put at thenewguns.com (and mygnr.com, I think) a better way to record the song to the cp, but the guy who taped never readed it or maybe he didn't care at all. Undecided

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2005, 02:24:35 PM »

I tried to put at thenewguns.com (and mygnr.com, I think) a better way to record the song to the cp, but the guy who taped never readed it or maybe he didn't care at all. Undecided

I really dont blame the guy for not trying to put it up in better quality. Its not something the gnr camp wants, and he is respecting their wishes.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2005, 02:29:22 PM »

Yeah, I know. My bad. Sad

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2005, 04:17:30 PM »

In the "Band that time forgot", the author mentions a leak of Bad Apples prior to the Illusions release, a demo no less like IRS.

Does anyone know if this exists as it's the first Ive heard of that

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2005, 06:09:35 PM »

waiting giggler

Apologies. I haven't been near a computer since I last posted but I'd prefer it if you didn't spell my name wrong too!

This is going to sound fairly lame but I'm not gonna actually explain what happened because it would take me a very long time and ultimately it makes no difference how it got out. There are also one or two people who may not want me to explain what happened for various reasons. Between speaking to BP, dark and one or two others involved I got a very clear picture of how the song leaked. At the time I could even tell you the address and telephone number of the person who leaked it but that wouldn't be very nice now would it!  ok

It's safe to assume that before the song was leaked on MyGnR there was PLENTY of people that had the actual audio of it already. There is still a chance that a better copy of the song will leak. I know of 3 people that claim to have access to DAT copies of Trunks show. Roll Eyes
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2005, 06:12:43 PM »

waiting giggler

Apologies. I haven't been near a computer since I last posted but I'd prefer it if you didn't spell my name wrong too!

This is going to sound fairly lame but I'm not gonna actually explain what happened because it would take me a very long time and ultimately it makes no difference how it got out. There are also one or two people who may not want me to explain what happened for various reasons. Between speaking to BP, dark and one or two others involved I got a very clear picture of how the song leaked. At the time I could even tell you the address and telephone number of the person who leaked it but that wouldn't be very nice now would it!? ok

It's safe to assume that before the song was leaked on MyGnR there was PLENTY of people that had the actual audio of it already. There is still a chance that a better copy of the song will leak. I know of 3 people that claim to have access to DAT copies of Trunks show. Roll Eyes

now that would be something
a nice sounding studio audio clip rather than a staticy clip would be a nice little taster

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2005, 06:56:43 PM »

still not answering the main question, but that Las Vegas clue sounds very interesting. I mean the recording doesn't sound like it was taken directly from the source. It's more like someone had the equipement with the microphone and was close enough to record it. The quality is like it was recoded from behind the door.

Cheers
MoonMax
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2005, 07:11:45 PM »

still not answering the main question, but that Las Vegas clue sounds very interesting. I mean the recording doesn't sound like it was taken directly from the source. It's more like someone had the equipement with the microphone and was close enough to record it. The quality is like it was recoded from behind the door.
Yeah, maybe because the guy indeed record it with a cheap microphone from the tape to the computer.  Roll Eyes

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2005, 07:41:30 PM »

You guys are killing me. lol

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2005, 07:52:48 PM »

Yeah, maybe because the guy indeed record it with a cheap microphone from the tape to the computer.  Roll Eyes

thats exactly what happened lol
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2005, 08:05:12 PM »

waiting giggler

This is going to sound fairly lame but I'm not gonna actually explain what happened because it would take me a very long time

like if we are going to somewhere else...  no

MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2005, 09:47:06 PM »

waiting giggler

This is going to sound fairly lame but I'm not gonna actually explain what happened because it would take me a very long time

like if we are going to somewhere else...? no

we're totaly not, but, what else can we do if not having "fun"...

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2005, 12:35:57 AM »

waiting giggler

This is going to sound fairly lame but I'm not gonna actually explain what happened because it would take me a very long time and ultimately it makes no difference how it got out. There are also one or two people who may not want me to explain what happened for various reasons. Between speaking to BP, dark and one or two others involved I got a very clear picture of how the song leaked. At the time I could even tell you the address and telephone number of the person who leaked it but that wouldn't be very nice now would it!? ok

Like I said, the person that taped it, if  you know him, why not just get the tape he had and put it on the compter via a better source?

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2005, 12:37:09 AM »

waiting giggler

This is going to sound fairly lame but I'm not gonna actually explain what happened because it would take me a very long time and ultimately it makes no difference how it got out. There are also one or two people who may not want me to explain what happened for various reasons. Between speaking to BP, dark and one or two others involved I got a very clear picture of how the song leaked. At the time I could even tell you the address and telephone number of the person who leaked it but that wouldn't be very nice now would it!  ok

Like I said, the person that taped it, if  you know him, why not just get the tape he had and put it on the compter via a better source?

Because he wont give it out. The guy lives in Texas. Wanna go pay him a visit?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2005, 12:38:19 AM »

waiting giggler

Like I said, the person that taped it, if? you know him, why not just get the tape he had and put it on the compter via a better source?

Because he wont give it out. The guy lives in Texas. Wanna go pay him a visit?

Why wont he give it out, from what I heard, he is not even a gnr fan.
Also he could just snail mail it.

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2005, 01:28:47 AM »

Someone sent it to Mike Piazza anon - it showed up in his fan mail - that's his story.
He took it on the Eddie Trunk show. They played one track - IRS (there were supposedly some other tracks).
Someone recorded it.

Now, this someone, may or may not be someone who claimed to have had it over a year ago. He asked for help posting it online on several GNR forums (I think, maybe, including this one, or at least it was talked about here), because he said he was not computer savvy - and everyone acted like a total asshole to him, saying he was bullshitting, you know, the usual crap whenever a rumor starts - so he fucked off. Why do something nice for people who are treating you like shit (there's a lesson in here, somewhere, but I'm not sure about what it is... hmm...).

And no more was heard until Biff Tannen, aka Darknemus, leaked several short clips. Eventually he was unveiled, dunno his source, but it was clearly recorded from the Eddie Trunk broadcast, which explains to you the quality and the missing intro - someone was surprised by this and had to switch on the recorder rather quickly.

Axl's legal muscle confiscated the CD Piazza got, and if he made a copy, he sure as hell won't leak it again, so there's not going to be anything new coming from that area.

Now... who leaked it to Piazza... there's your question.

Lets get one thing straight. Dark didnt leak anything. He got it off Bi Polars sites.? Dark NEVER had the song first, he got it from someone who got it from bi polar who was going to post it later that night but Dark beat him to it.

As for someone? taping it quick, that is still bullshit, since the kid who came here when it was played on trunk said he got the song by accident and was not even a gnr fan. So why would he just happen to hit record? I still think the full song is out there with full quality, I dont even think the person that leaked it this tiime is the same kid as the first time.

Regardless of exactly where he got it, Dark was Biff. He went through the hoopla of posting messages from the future, blah blah blah. If some other board had it and was slow to spread it, well, their loss, but either way it got out.

It's clearly a radio capture. The quality screams it. The missing intro screams it. Someone missed recording the intro and that's it. If someone had the original CD, it would be out there.

There was no magic of someone standing next to the studio door with a mic capturing shit like some James Bond wannabe. It's sadly hilarious how some people want to build their ego or make a mystery over something like this.

Someone leaked it (prolly an intern or tech at the studio, or someone gifted with a copy by someone close to/in the band), it went to a shitty ball player, he took it to a shitty DJ, someone taped it, it made its way online. This is a rather simple process.

I'm glad it's out, but in the end, it's a cool demo of a song which may sound very different now, years later, it's unfinished, and prolly won't be a single (hey, beggars can't be choosers). Our thanks ought to go to the original source and the guy who captured it off the air, and let it end there.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2005, 01:30:58 AM »

If the DAT tape was really out there, the songt would have leaked by now.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2005, 03:44:09 AM »

I really didn't think the IRS leak song was very good. It sounded kinda generic. Then again it could be old. Im not thrashing.. im just giving my opinion

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: