Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 09:34:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  About the IRS leak...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: About the IRS leak...  (Read 11438 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: July 24, 2005, 07:39:00 PM »

If I remember correctly, in that whole IRS history, someone ( maybe mysteron? ) posted something like "the GNR camp already knows who leaked the song...", but I don?t remember the END of this

who, according to the GNR camp, leaked the song?

« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 07:40:53 PM by RnT » Logged

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 07:44:41 PM »

Yeah, Id like to know that as well

Theres a lot ogf questions about that whole issue - it would be fascinating to know what went on

Something I'm intriguied about is the rumour that there were other tracks on the CD? what happened to those? surely someone has a copy somewhere?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 07:57:05 PM »

Yeah, Id like to know that as well

Theres a lot ogf questions about that whole issue - it would be fascinating to know what went on

Something I'm intriguied about is the rumour that there were other tracks on the CD? what happened to those? surely someone has a copy somewhere?

Nope, the cd was handed over to gnr management.
KillYourIdols
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 08:05:57 PM »

Apparantly Mike Piazza and Eddie Trunk leaked the song over the radio. Rumours say that they handed over the CD(s) to GNR, but it seems that someone did manage to record the song from the radio or internet broadcast. Explains why we are missing ~30 secs of the song at the beginning.

Just took a while to surface for some reason. As to who gave Piazza/Trunk the CD, who knows. AFAIK it's not public info, if it's something they actually do know.

~KYI
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 08:21:36 PM »

KYI

I?m asking what the poster HERE did mean saying that the GNR camp already knows about who leaked the song... if was TRUNK and PIAZZA ( already confirmed since the beggining, becouse the song was played in the trunk show ), they received the cd(s) from someone, that?s what I?m wondering, couse the poster HERE at HTGTH said that and the whole history just "ended" in the air...

so, he did mean PIZZA AND EDDIE TRUNK or he did mean that the GNR camp found "that person" ( someone that worked in the studio or whatever ) that leaked the song.. ??
if he did mean PIAZZA AND EDDIE TRUNK, than there?s something missed in the middle and this person could be one of the members here

( not talking about the person who recorded the song from the radio, but the person who had the cds and, OF COURSE, had a copy )

gnrfan1797
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 01:05:04 AM »

iv'e never heard the leak was it good?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 03:18:31 AM »

iv'e never heard the leak was it good?
YES. exellent.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 09:17:29 AM »

I might be wrong about this, but I think the poster at MYGNR.com named Biff Tannen, who was later identified as Darknemus either leaked it or introduced the song to MYGNR, then later here.  But like I said, I could be wrong. Undecided

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 09:37:30 AM »

Someone sent it to Mike Piazza anon - it showed up in his fan mail - that's his story.
He took it on the Eddie Trunk show. They played one track - IRS (there were supposedly some other tracks).
Someone recorded it.

Now, this someone, may or may not be someone who claimed to have had it over a year ago. He asked for help posting it online on several GNR forums (I think, maybe, including this one, or at least it was talked about here), because he said he was not computer savvy - and everyone acted like a total asshole to him, saying he was bullshitting, you know, the usual crap whenever a rumor starts - so he fucked off. Why do something nice for people who are treating you like shit (there's a lesson in here, somewhere, but I'm not sure about what it is... hmm...).

And no more was heard until Biff Tannen, aka Darknemus, leaked several short clips. Eventually he was unveiled, dunno his source, but it was clearly recorded from the Eddie Trunk broadcast, which explains to you the quality and the missing intro - someone was surprised by this and had to switch on the recorder rather quickly.

Axl's legal muscle confiscated the CD Piazza got, and if he made a copy, he sure as hell won't leak it again, so there's not going to be anything new coming from that area.

Now... who leaked it to Piazza... there's your question.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 11:43:26 AM »

Someone sent it to Mike Piazza anon - it showed up in his fan mail - that's his story.
He took it on the Eddie Trunk show. They played one track - IRS (there were supposedly some other tracks).
Someone recorded it.

Now, this someone, may or may not be someone who claimed to have had it over a year ago. He asked for help posting it online on several GNR forums (I think, maybe, including this one, or at least it was talked about here), because he said he was not computer savvy - and everyone acted like a total asshole to him, saying he was bullshitting, you know, the usual crap whenever a rumor starts - so he fucked off. Why do something nice for people who are treating you like shit (there's a lesson in here, somewhere, but I'm not sure about what it is... hmm...).

And no more was heard until Biff Tannen, aka Darknemus, leaked several short clips. Eventually he was unveiled, dunno his source, but it was clearly recorded from the Eddie Trunk broadcast, which explains to you the quality and the missing intro - someone was surprised by this and had to switch on the recorder rather quickly.

Axl's legal muscle confiscated the CD Piazza got, and if he made a copy, he sure as hell won't leak it again, so there's not going to be anything new coming from that area.

Lets get one thing straight. Dark didnt leak anything. He got it off Bi Polars sites.  Dark NEVER had the song first, he got it from someone who got it from bi polar who was going to post it later that night but Dark beat him to it.

As for someone  taping it quick, that is still bullshit, since the kid who came here when it was played on trunk said he got the song by accident and was not even a gnr fan. So why would he just happen to hit record? I still think the full song is out there with full quality, I dont even think the person that leaked it this tiime is the same kid as the first time.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 11:53:08 AM »

I think it was either when Axl went to that strip club in Las Vagus and played a song, so maybe the DJ secretly recorded it or Axl sent a copy to Mike Piazza as a little taste of whats to come as a gift since he knows Mikes a big fan of his and maybe in return Axl gets a signed jersey or clubhouse tickets, but what the fuck do it know, just a thought   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 11:54:45 AM »

I think it was either when Axl went to that strip club in Las Vagus and played a song, so maybe the DJ secretly recorded it or Axl sent a copy to Mike Piazza as a little taste of whats to come as a gift since he knows Mikes a big fan of his and maybe in return Axl gets a signed jersey or clubhouse tickets, but what the fuck do it know, just a thought? ?

Mike said axl didnt give him anything, that he got it in his fan mail.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 12:03:24 PM »

?, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tooties roll pop? the world may never know.  No Answer. ? Who leaked the IRS song ? the world may never know.  No Answer

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 12:19:11 PM »

Someone recorded it.

Lets get one thing straight. Dark didnt leak anything. He got it off Bi Polars sites.  Dark NEVER had the song first, he got it from someone who got it from bi polar who was going to post it later that night but Dark beat him to it.

As for someone  taping it quick, that is still bullshit, since the kid who came here when it was played on trunk said he got the song by accident and was not even a gnr fan. So why would he just happen to hit record? I still think the full song is out there with full quality, I dont even think the person that leaked it this tiime is the same kid as the first time.

He never got it from BP either. Some guy went to several admins (BP and myself included)  of various gnr forums, asking us to put it online. When we refused, he posted a short clip via usendit on thewnewguns.com. It was online there for maybe 5 minutes before rainx descovered it and deleted it. During that time Jim Bob had a chance to download it, then he put it on his forum. From there it showed up at mygnr. And then other clips started leaking. But NO ONE got it from B, dont even try and start pinning it on him.

As for whether it was recorded from the radio or not, well according to the guy who originally leaked it, he got it from the radio. His tape was better quality then what was leaked because he only had a crappy pc mic to record it to his computer with.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 01:09:30 PM »

BP gave it to someone he thought he could trust, and THAT person gave it to dark.
The leaked version still came from BP who was going to post it on his site.
My point is, dark didnt get it from the person who taped it off the radio, BP did.
I was not trying to pin it on BP  i was trying to give him credit since he said a few days before any clips leaked, that it was coming.
Understand?
Also, about the pc mic, if anyone knows that kid, get teh tape from him and let someone else upload it so its better quality
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 01:11:26 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 01:11:23 PM »

BP gave it to someone he thought he could trust, and THAT person gave it to dark.
My point is, dark didnt get it from the person who taped it off the radio, BP did.

Nope. You're wrong.  ok
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 01:11:51 PM »

Nope. You're wrong.? ok

How am i wrong when that is what BP told me? HMMMM

gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 01:13:07 PM »

Nope. You're wrong.? ok

How am i wrong when that is what BP told me? HMMMM

Because that's not how it happened.  ok
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 01:13:36 PM »

then why dont you tell us how it happened if you know different
because i just know what i was told by BP

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 01:30:47 PM »

waiting

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: