Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:22:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is CD gonna be politcal themed album?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is CD gonna be politcal themed album?  (Read 5773 times)
Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: July 23, 2005, 01:42:05 PM »

It seems like each album there has been a general theme to it AFD was about sex, drugs n rock n roll, illusions albums seemed to be alot aobut relationships and woman with CD what we have heard so far the albums title song chinese democracy and madagascar seem to have a political type stance to it similar to what system of a down down does now lots of there songs have political messages behind them, now im not trying to compare System & GnR but just making the observation of what iv heard so far from the new gnr material?
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 02:21:24 PM »

Yes, after i heard the entire album it is pretty much all political nonsense.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 02:44:26 PM »

I hope the fuck not.

The last  thing I need to hear is another musician/actor/celebrity using their public figure status
to force their political views down the fans throats.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 03:02:48 PM »

Nothing we've heard so far on CD is political. But that doesn't mean that there wont be a political song on the album. If there's a theme to the album, the theme will be Axl's free fall into the abyss of what's left of his mind. That could make for some interesting songs, at least lyrically.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 03:11:12 PM »

I hope the fuck not.

The last? thing I need to hear is another musician/actor/celebrity using their public figure status
yes, I totally agree. music and politic should NEVER be mixed.
Political opinion is something private, I mean, when I buy an album, I don't give a flying shit about the political opinion of an artist, what I want is listening to good music, to get a great album with great songs, not to have his political opinion. It's just 2 different things.

And most of the time, artists who bring their own (private) political point of vues on the table do that because their music is not good enough to get attention. They just do that to get attention.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Dust N Rose
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 04:24:01 PM »

songs like Chinese Democracy, Madagascar are Political or kinda related to humanities but its all refers to whats in axl's mind.

We can't judge about something we don't know.. so Im gonna say "Sorry"

/Adel Sattaripour
? GnrPersia

I agree. Chinese Democracy seems to me a bit of political song. "our babies got to rule the nation...", it's referring about China, not only the fans (upper verse).
You can predict it easily from from the title of the album that it's gonna have political interpretations. Oh my god is a social, about-system track by the way, so you can see Axl's intentions anyway.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 05:00:51 PM »

I don't think it's political, I think it's metaphoric for what's been happening in his is life and he is using a political theme in which to express it.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 05:07:34 PM »

Is CD gonna be politcal themed album?

i dont know man, ill ask axl next time i see him...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 05:33:05 PM »

DTJ, thats a perfect interpretation of CD. Any newbies come here and wonder what the hell Chinese Democracy means, they should just read your post.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 05:39:28 PM »

I think Axl says it's symbolic/metaphoric for the oppressed or something along those lines somewhere.

I don't think it's addressing us directly on the subject of political issues as to any of the bodies politic.
Maybe it's about society and psychology. It may well deal with the politic strictly in the sense of the ruler- subjects (the power) relationship that exist in any level of society from as small as a family to as big as the international situations. Actually so many isms begin at home.
My guess is that the theme is more basic and universal matter, close to home, such as the codependency.

I hope the fuck not.

The last  thing I need to hear is another musician/actor/celebrity using their public figure status
Musicians? Why not?
If it were their prime concern, it'd be naturally reflected to their works.
Once God would save the queen and London would be calling pretty vacantly, which were not that bad.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2005, 08:03:13 PM »

Once God would save the queen and London would be calling pretty vacantly, which were not that bad.

Ah, those were the days.?

Somehow punk rebellion just seems a bit more organic than bazillionaire celebs railing about the latest cause of the month...?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2005, 08:05:07 PM »

DTJ, thats a perfect interpretation of CD. Any newbies come here and wonder what the hell Chinese Democracy means, they should just read your post.

Thanks James ? ?

check it out!!
Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2005, 11:15:11 PM »

Maybe i phrased it wrong i think his songs do have to deal with certain issues that are going on in some way shape or form ie: civil war i mean there was more then just the civil war that took place in the U.S. there are civil wars all over the world, my point being it seems that the songs we have heard so far seem to deal with issues that are in our world the reason i brought up madagascar is cuz of that part of the song where u have the MLK speech and other quotes will be interesting to see if something like that is involved in the studio version of the song, but gettin back to the point at hand i dont think hes necessarily trying to speak his political views more like bringing awareness may sound silly but just my observations so far i mean who knows we might get songs that r about sex or drugs or rock n roll who knows.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2005, 12:15:50 PM »

songs like Chinese Democracy, Madagascar are Political or kinda related to humanities but its all refers to whats in axl's mind.

We can't judge about something we don't know.. so Im gonna say "Sorry"

/Adel Sattaripour
  GnrPersia

I agree. Chinese Democracy seems to me a bit of political song. "our babies got to rule the nation...", it's referring about China, not only the fans (upper verse).
You can predict it easily from from the title of the album that it's gonna have political interpretations. Oh my god is a social, about-system track by the way, so you can see Axl's intentions anyway.

I don't think you have that lyric right from Chinese Democracy. At no point does he use the word 'babies' in that song.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2005, 12:21:34 PM »

POLITICS > " social relations involving authority or power "

everything is political. even your mom telling you to clean your room.

i just hope that CD will have a coherent theme. not just random songs put together.

i dont want a concept album. but something coherent. Wink

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2005, 12:41:15 PM »

POLITICS > " social relations involving authority or power "

everything is political. even your mom telling you to clean your room.

Exactly. That's what the noun "Politic" means, isn't it?

we might get songs that r about sex or drugs or rock n roll who knows.
Oh the great rock n' roll cliches.
I hope the fuck nut.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2005, 04:40:17 PM »

Yes but wasn't the original question..... is Axl going to make this album have a  political meaning, such as government politics,  an actual stance on government politics?

check it out!!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2005, 04:54:34 PM »

nah i dont think so.
or at least not directly.

i dont even know that much bands that does that ?
i mean do you have lyrics saying "democracts can suck my dick ! ..."

i know axl won't take shot a gw bush , cause thats an easy target.

but im sure we'll find double meanings in the song, maybe about iraq, terrorism ... maybe not ... i dont care, i want music , even it's with the oompah loompah song Smiley

Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2005, 06:35:51 PM »

On a side note i dont suppose anyone knows if axl is dem or republican and wonder what his take is on certain issues such as terrorism  and the war in iraq i know its not the topic at hand but for some reason i always like hearing axls thoughts on things always got a kick oout of his onstage rants
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2005, 06:51:07 PM »

Axl mentioned 9/11 in passing during the Vegas 12/29 show; he referred to bands steady progress during the past 12 months despite the fact that the world "exploded" in the past year. Not much else.

Hopefully his opinion isn't as vituperatively ignorant as Scott's.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: