Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:38:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What happend to UZI suicide?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What happend to UZI suicide?  (Read 3200 times)
Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: July 23, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »

If i recall when the illusions albums came out was uzi suicide a GnR entity seperate from geffen? And does anyone know whatever came of it?
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 02:01:28 PM »

That's a good question. I assume it faded into oblivion when the old lineup broke up. That's just a guess. But wouldn't it have been cool if Axl had gutted it out about 7 years ago and released CD on his own via Uzi? I don't even know if that was a possibility, but it would have made a cool story.

I've seen enough.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 02:05:41 PM »

I believe the label was supposed to release some new underground bands and stuff, about 10-15 years ago. But with the change of line-up and everything, oh well...

If I remember correctly, they were supposed to re-release in the US the whole Hanoi Rocks catalog on CD.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 02:20:54 PM »

I believe the label was supposed to release some new underground bands and stuff, about 10-15 years ago. But with the change of line-up and everything, oh well...

If I remember correctly, they were supposed to re-release in the US the whole Hanoi Rocks catalog on CD.

Yeah, they were also going to be the label For Stuart's (Axl's brother) band:

From a musical point of view, Rose has turned his attention to resurrecting GN'R's own label, Uzi Suicide, which they used to launch their debut EP, 'Live ?!*@ Like A Suicide'.

With distribution lined up via Geffen, Rose organised a showcase gig for Geffen execs featuring four of the bands he's interested in. They are Soul, Davy's Farm, Salt Of The Earth and The Assassins.

Davy's Farm are now close to a deal, while Soul will have an EP out early next year, plus a Del James-directed video.

The Assassins are also close to inking a deal, and can expect a huge amount of publicity when they do sign, as they feature Axl's brother Stuart Bailey on guitar. Bailey was previously best-known as a vocalist with Dr. Whiskey. The Assassins' music, which Bailey has a hand in writing, is in the currently hot Southern Rock vein being pursued by the likes of Pride & Glory, and on the softer side, Blind Melon (another band Axl has helped out).

Uzi Suicide re-released all of Hanoi Rocks' back catalogue on CD in the US last year. Rose and Slash have often acknowledged the debt they owe to the seminal Glam tarts, who were led by Michael Monroe, currently with Demolition 23.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=125
Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 11:08:20 PM »

Does anyone know who owns or owned it or had the rights to it. Maybe axl should start his own recording company so then he can do as he pleases and not have to answer to hierarchy.
crazycanadian
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 12:06:52 AM »

Does anyone know who owns or owned it or had the rights to it. Maybe axl should start his own recording company so then he can do as he pleases and not have to answer to hierarchy.

Ya no kidden why doesnt he do this?? Huh
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 01:42:10 AM »

Ya no kidden why doesnt he do this?? Huh
Probably bcoz he's broke. Starting a recording company requires some serious moolah...  Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 05:18:10 PM »

Does anyone know whatever happend to Stuart?

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »

I was under the impression that UziSuicide was a bogus independent label created as a marketing tool by Geffen to give them further 'street-cred'. Can anyone confirm this?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 03:25:54 AM »

I was under the impression that UziSuicide was a bogus independent label created as a marketing tool by Geffen to give them further 'street-cred'. Can anyone confirm this?

I think it started out that way, but then they released the Hanoi Rocks albums on Uzi Suicide and there were plans to actually sign bands to it. I don't know who was supposed to run it. Maybe it was supposed to be similar to Trent Reznor's nothing records label?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 03:46:31 AM »

does anyone outthere have anything by stuart (axls brother) or an album or song name.i didnt know he did music until i read this post.see you learn something new everyday.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Sudz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 05:09:47 AM »

This is kinda a cool question, the only quote about it I was able to find was from snakepit.org, Slash did a Q&A with some fans. Here's what he said....

Question from Robb: Who now owns the rights to Uzi Suicide? If you still have something to do with it, would you ever release a Snakepit album on it? Have you ever thought of doing your own label?

SLASH replies: Uzi Suicide is a dead issue. It no longer exists. It never was a real record label. Before I found Koch, I thought of doing my own label, but it is a lot of work putting a management and distribution and publicity team yourself. Koch has great people in those positions already which allows me to concentrate more on music. Thanks, Brian, Robb and SLASH

As far as I know, the only thing non-GNR related that came out of Uzi Suicide were re-releases of old Hanoi Rocks albums.

As for Stuart Bailey, the only thing I've heard about him is that he once got arrested with one of the guys from Tesla after spending a night jamming and drinking with them. Drunk and Disorderly I think the charge was. Hard to believe isn't it?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 09:10:57 AM »

does anyone outthere have anything by stuart (axls brother) or an album or song name.i didnt know he did music until i read this post.see you learn something new everyday.

all ive been able to find is some pictures of them

SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 05:22:37 AM »

pfff thats nothing.....

Here is a more recent picture of Stuart  hihi

http://www.maths.sussex.ac.uk/Postgrads/SB/

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 04:48:24 PM »

Doesn't look like angry brother of angrier borther...

Do we know the name of his band, or it's just Stuart Bailey?

MoonMax
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: