Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:20:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  somthing little, that annoys me
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: somthing little, that annoys me  (Read 9523 times)
dustNroses
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2005, 11:54:21 PM »

i hate that lame rap thing they do in the middle of rocket queen, I have seen older live versions of rocket queen (before UYIs) where they have done the rap thing or just had a cool jam in the middle of a song, I think adler even did a drum solo a few times?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2005, 12:50:49 AM »

That rap sounds good...don't it?  It sounds good...and you know it!!!!! ok

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2005, 09:40:17 AM »

Okay, I prefer to treat woman as actual human beings not things that you dispose of when you're finished with but what ever floats your boat, it sounds like something some drunk 17 year old would say to me

smoking Izzy? smoking

? Are you implying that I don't prefer to treat women as actual human beings that I'd like to dispose of when I'm finished?? For Christ's sake, it's a song.? It's similar to playing a video game...like Grand Theft Auto...you KILL people for God's sake...it's fantasy.? Kinda like I used to Love Her.

? When a song starts out, "I'm a cold heart-breaker fit ta burn" (that means at this moment he's a bad mother fucker who's destined to go to hell)? "and I'll rip your heart in two" (let's see, that is some effective foreshadowing there to the next line)? "and I'll leave you lyin' on the bed" (how does "with your ass in the air" make it any less offensive?)?

? Everyone has a different interpretation of a song's meaning.? For me, "with your ass in the air," fits perfectly!? It sounds like he's dealing with a real, first-class bitch who's used to havin' guys "out the door before" she "wakes, it's nothin' new to," her...etc.? If the music you listen to determines how you treat women, alot of GNR fans should be locked up.? hihi? Since that is NOT the case, relax and have some fun.? ?ok?

? For your info., I'm a happily married monogamous man with one child and one on the way with my dream woman.? GNR to me is art, and art should be an escape.? That's all.? ?peace

-Axl4Prez2004? ?Cool? ?
No don't get me wrong I wasn't callling you a drunk seventeen year old who doesn't respect women I just meant that that's what Axl seems like when he says it.

Anyway how would you like if some other band did a cover of a Gn'R song and stuck in extra lyrics? Axl didn't even write YCBM

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2005, 05:07:03 PM »

No don't get me wrong I wasn't callling you a drunk seventeen year old who doesn't respect women I just meant that that's what Axl seems like when he says it.

That's cool, I can respect that, but Axl for some reason (in the old material) strikes me as the type of dude who doesn't forgive and forget and that likely transcended into personal relationships with women.  There's definitely alot of misogyny present in Axl's old lyrics.  Part of what I love and respect about Axl is the growth he's demonstrated in lyrics like Madagascar and The Blues. 

Anyway how would you like if some other band did a cover of a Gn'R song and stuck in extra lyrics? Axl didn't even write YCBM
  Izzy 

From what I understand, my UYI 2 says Stradlin/Rose for credits.  I thought Taupin and Elton John got credit for the one line "I think we've seen that movie too."  Can anyone help me out here?  Help me out somebody.
-Axl4Prez2004   Huh

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2005, 03:06:49 AM »

smoking Izzy  smoking

Ok I am so pulling this up from the graveyard...

Ok smart guy.. who wrote YCBM? If you say just Izzy, then you are a fool in your statement. Izzy was a member of the band the same time Axl, therefore it's the bands property. If you say Taupin/John then prepared to gte laughed outta here.

To anyone pissed I'm pulling up old posts, I'm going through previous posts I didn't respond to due to lack of time.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2005, 03:17:02 AM »

i think it makes the song sound even better to be honest, makes it more real....

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2005, 04:23:44 AM »

What the fuck! I know its each to their own with opinions on what annoys them in life, but surely the things that annoy people about Axl in live concerts are the things that have made him an idol across the world? For fucks sake he does things his way and that is what has made him stand out from all the rest as a frontman over the last 20 years! He does stuff that no one else would and that is what has made the gigs over the years so fucking amazing! I cant believe that someone would get annoyed with Axl for changing a lyric in a song at a live concert! Thats why its called a live concert things get done differently and thats what makes it fun!

Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2005, 05:36:58 AM »

I love the YCBM part he adds.. And ill leave you lieing on the bed WITH YOUR ASS IN THE AIR..LOL beer

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2005, 06:47:12 AM »

live I never liked the reggea addition, or the rapping during RQ... *ducks for cover*
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2005, 08:31:12 PM »

That's cool, I can respect that, but Axl for some reason (in the old material) strikes me as the type of dude who doesn't forgive and forget and that likely transcended into personal relationships with women.? There's definitely alot of misogyny present in Axl's old lyrics.? Part of what I love and respect about Axl is the growth he's demonstrated in lyrics like Madagascar and The Blues.?

? Izzy?

From what I understand, my UYI 2 says Stradlin/Rose for credits.? I thought Taupin and Elton John got credit for the one line "I think we've seen that movie too."? Can anyone help me out here?? Help me out somebody.
-Axl4Prez2004? Huh?

Yes, Elton and Bernie did, because on Yellow Brick Road they wrote a song called I Think We've Seen That Movie too. So that's why they got thanked.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2005, 12:56:58 AM »

It would of been cool if when they sang Rocket Queen, instead of saying, "And I can do you favours, but then you'll do whatever i like.." they said, "And I can do you favours, but bitch you'll do whatever I like!"

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2005, 01:11:10 AM »

Lol the rap thing in the middle of rocket queen reminds me of cornchucker for some reason. and for the people who say they dont like it.. it was just a little joke thing they put together.. wasnt like a serious addition to the song. so.. chillax.

and to add to the topic discussion.. i love it when axl changes it up live. who wants to go to a show and just hear an album? i want personality and a show baby. if theyre just gonna play it the same everytime they might as well just play the album for the crowd instead. and also.. think of it from axl and the bands point of view... who wants to do the same songs everynight? GN'R was known for not having setlists/planning/ ect.... so of corse things are gonna be different everyonce ina while. Those guys were wild and unpredictable. Why do you think the guns were so popular?

-jack

gnrevolution.com
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2005, 03:35:18 AM »

what kinda irratates me is when axl records a song, and when he plays it live he will either curse, or say it with a little bit wrong. these things irritate me

i will now use examples from  UYI I

mr.brownstone: we've been dancing with mr.brownstone he's been knockin, he wont leave me alone
mr.brownston on UYI I: he's been knocking mothafuckamothafucka wont leave my ass aloneeeee.

WTTJ:its gonna bring you down HUUUUUUH
WTTJ on UYI I :its gonna bring you down....HAA

sorry if this is stupid but it bugs me

drool

the parts Axl throws in are fuckin' cool man yes  i dont know whats the prob. Undecided

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
badapple81
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2005, 05:43:06 AM »

The only things I didn't tend to like is the reggae bit the band do in KOHD.

The old full live version of It Taste's Good.. was cool. However I'm more a fan of Rocket Queen live just as it is, no guitar solos, medleys etc.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2005, 11:13:15 AM »

god axl can you believe it,a complaint '
not like thats never happened before lol.

the one an only horsey !
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2005, 11:47:12 AM »

Ok I am so pulling this up from the graveyard...

Ok smart guy.. who wrote YCBM? If you say just Izzy, then you are a fool in your statement. Izzy was a member of the band the same time Axl, therefore it's the bands property. If you say Taupin/John then prepared to gte laughed outta here.

To anyone pissed I'm pulling up old posts, I'm going through previous posts I didn't respond to due to lack of time.

Get over it, this was 4 months ago? Roll Eyes
Too slow

If you say Taupin/John then prepared to gte laughed outta here.

Nope I've never said that and I don't really plan on saying that, and I don't think I'd get "laughed out of here" for not knowing the writer of some rock song

Ok smart guy.. who wrote YCBM? If you say just Izzy, then you are a fool in your statement. Izzy was a member of the band the same time Axl, therefore it's the bands property.

Yes I'm the fool? confused

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Jonathan
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2005, 12:03:11 PM »

what kinda irratates me is when axl records a song, and when he plays it live he will either curse, or say it with a little bit wrong. these things irritate me

i will now use examples from? UYI I

mr.brownstone: we've been dancing with mr.brownstone he's been knockin, he wont leave me alone
mr.brownston on UYI I: he's been knocking mothafuckamothafucka wont leave my ass aloneeeee.

drool

Don't listen to it then..
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2005, 04:40:49 PM »

i actually prefer the way he twists his songs, like in YCBM on UYI2 "And I'll leave you lying on the bed"

live; "and i'll leave you lying on the bed with your ass in the air!"

i love it. its symphony

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2005, 12:58:34 PM »

I once read that like when they were touring straight for two and a half years, that they made these changes in the songs because they got sick of playing  them the same way over and over again, not  only was a change for the audiences, but a change for them as well, and besides the music is always differnt in a live show with anyone. 

as far as the lyrics for Patience, i have noticed him screwing those up too.  Even in the actual video he is holding the lyrics to the song through alot of the videol.  It's funny too cause they have those little boxes that sit up in front of the stage, that offer the lyrics, all he would of had to do was look at it to get it right huh?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2005, 01:11:45 PM »

i will now use examples from? UYI I

drool

I like it. It does not bother me in the least.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: