Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:22:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A New GNR album, but not CD Scenario
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A New GNR album, but not CD Scenario  (Read 5269 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2005, 11:23:55 PM »

bout a decade or so ago Prince had a phenomenal album "emancipation" it was 3 discs of new music and Warner Bros wouldnt release it due to the length and he wouldnt compromise, It was 34 brand new songs and two covers, every song is phenomenal. Prince only had one record left to fulfill his deal with Warner Bros so he gave them a lackluster rock CD entitled "Chaos and Disorder" instead, fulfilled his contract, went indy with Emancipation and it went triple platinum.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2005, 07:25:45 PM »

Saul, you have a point. But that old stuff has been hanging around for years, and will probably be used in a moment of desperation. If we're in for another few years of waiting, I think it would be a brilliant move on Axl's part. He's probably got some hidden gems. I've always wanted to hear that song 'Nightcrawler'. It was mentioned several times before UYI came out. Doing this demos/rarities album would satisfy his fanbase, but only for a little while. I think releasing this might give us a better chance at hearing CD. It would funnel money to Interscope, and they wouldn't be as likely to abandon Axl's project. Unless of course, its the loophole I mentioned above, and releasing this sort of album would mean he didn't have to release CD.

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2005, 08:36:37 PM »

Saul, you have a point. But that old stuff has been hanging around for years, and will probably be used in a moment of desperation. If we're in for another few years of waiting, I think it would be a brilliant move on Axl's part. He's probably got some hidden gems. I've always wanted to hear that song 'Nightcrawler'. It was mentioned several times before UYI came out. Doing this demos/rarities album would satisfy his fanbase, but only for a little while. I think releasing this might give us a better chance at hearing CD. It would funnel money to Interscope, and they wouldn't be as likely to abandon Axl's project. Unless of course, its the loophole I mentioned above, and releasing this sort of album would mean he didn't have to release CD.

Not only do I think axl would never allow "demo's" of his music released , if he were to release OLD demo's he would also have to go through the legal process of finding out how much he would owe his former bandmates and whatnot .. too much hassle involved.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: