Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:38:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR vs VR (Player By Player)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR vs VR (Player By Player)  (Read 56926 times)
madagas
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2005, 09:59:26 AM »

Unfortunately, there will always be those factions Cry I just stick to the rock-no labels. Good is good. Back on topic. My picks new Gnr vs Vr-I'll take Axl, Slash, Fortus, Brain, and Tommy. Old Gnr vs New Gnr (assuming Bucket will never come back and his parts are gone)-Axl (old Axl 87-91), Slash, Izzy, Tommy, and Brain. Just my two cents.? ?Undecided
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 12:19:45 PM by madagas » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2005, 11:05:25 AM »

All? you have to go back and read the reviews for the 2002 tour shows, and most of they said pretty much the same thing, if you closed? your eyes you could not even tell it wasnt the orginal band playing? the songs.? And that was from unbiased reviewers.? The only bad reviews the band got were from the ones that didnt even see the whole shows, like the guy who based it on two songs and the other guy who claimed they played PC when they didnt.

You're crazy, or tone deaf, if you think you could have sat in any one of those arena's in 2002 with you eyes closed and thought you were listening to the old band. Sure they were the best AFD tribute band I've ever heard, but there is a very large difference in the guitar sound and the amount of synth. For example back in the day (91-93) Dizzy is playing nothing more than bongo's on PC and WTTJ. In 2002 they had 2 people playing multiple instruments............ not the same sound........

Also where do you get this idea that Slash and Duff are nothing without Axl??
What has Axl done without them?? and don't start spitting out a laundry list of unpublished songs that less than 100,000 people have heard and probably less than 30,000 people even remember hearing between Jungle and Paradise City. You have no valid argument against Slash and Duff until Axl's band is heard by the public.

Also where do you get off ripping Slash and Duff's solo work, but yet hold up Buckets list of comercial disasters as the greatest thing since the Beatles White Album?? If you are using your opinion of a "better" album to tell members of this board that they are fooling themselves to think Slash is better than Buckethead then keep that opinion to yourself until you can back it up. I'm sure if you look at sales figures for the 2 Snake Pit albums it is probably a pretty similar number to all of Buckets solo work. Sure he is talented..... but like I said before, so is every kid who is accepted into the Berkley School of Music. That doesn't make them "better" than Slash. There is a difference between "Music" and playing a guitar. I could walk out of my office right now and find a kid sitting in the Park Street Subway Station in Boston that can play the hell out of a guitar and is probably more proficient that Slash...... yet there is a reason why he is playing the Subway, and cursing under his breath because I am the 10th person who passed him without tipping for his stunning rendition of the final scene from Crossroads with Ralph Macchio.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2005, 11:48:59 AM »

"it's all part of not being pigeonholed" 

Q; What's the difference for you between going out acoustic versus the full band with ACS and versus being a member of a band like GNR where you don't have full control?

"You know it's all part of a thing of not being pigeonholed. I'm becoming my own renaissance man. I'm fucking doing everything. And I like that; it takes the heat off of any one aspect and also keeps you creative and keeps you open to things. It's been really great for me. - Tommy Sep 04

Loder: People that hear "Oh My God," they might say that, "Gee, the new Guns is all this sound," but I think that what you're saying is that it's a bunch of different kinds of sounds.

"It's a lot of different sounds. There's some other really heavy songs, there's a lot of aggressive songs, but they're all in different styles and different sounds. It is truly a melting pot.
I go back to listening to Queen -- you know, we're still hoping to have Brian May come in and do some tracks, and I got a fax today that he's coming in -- Queen had all kinds of different-style songs on their records, and that's something that I like. 'Cause I do listen to a lot of things, and I really don't like being pigeonholed to that degree, and it's something that Guns N' Roses seem to share [with Queen] a bit. With "Appetite," even though it seems to have the same sound, if you really go back, you can pull all the little parts from different influences. That's not really the case by the time we're on "Use Your Illusion." People are kind of set in their ways. ["Chinese Democracy"] is coming from all over the place. "  - Axl Nov, 1999

That quote by Lydon had to sting, nothing like having a heavy influence call your band narrow.

OUCH.

Not sure about Axl's band opening things up these days.  Although the name itself carries great rewards,  the stigma of the name could prove stiflling as well. 

Guess we won't know until something gets released...

No. but there're a plenty of hints, if you look around hard. Cool
In my opinion, John's comment was also meant to be a helpful hint for the younger men.
That interview was done before the release of UYI. Do you know whom he quoted? I don't.

I don't think Axl would have agreed on that. not being pegeonholed is the way of not closing things down, aye?
I guess his or Tommy's response to John's comment would be, 
"Geez, John Lydon had really misunderstood GN'R. It was all about opening things up, which is what we're doing now, and not closing things down."

It appears that the biggest difference in outlook on the band between Axl and the ex guys lay around  here.
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2005, 12:52:43 PM »

I'm sure if you look at sales figures for the 2 Snake Pit albums it is probably a pretty similar number to all of Buckets solo work.

Probably not. Furthermore, Snake Pit albums really don?t count as solowork compared to many of Buck?s solo-albums. Snake Pit was just another half-assed attempt of Slash to surround him with some musicians in order to recapture the glory of days long gone by. In other words?.it really wasn?t just Slash out there (it's a band you know?), showing what was left of him when it was just about him. Buckethead made it on his own, relying on nothing more then what he had to offer as a solo-artist, from age 16 on. So before calling albums like Colma and Electric Tears (which are highly appreciated by fans of the instrumental genre) commercial disasters (when comparing them to Slash?s non-existent body of solo material), make sure you know what your talking about. As a solo guitarist Slash has absolutely nothing on Buckethead. Yes, there is a difference between making music and playing the guitar, just as much as there is a difference between sentiment and facts. You don?t seem to be able to grasp both concepts.

-PEACE-

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2005, 12:56:04 PM »

In my opinion, John's comment was also meant to be a helpful hint for the younger men.
That interview was done before the release of UYI. Do you know whom he quoted? I don't.

Not sure about any "helpful hints" on the Lydon comment, i think he was straight up taking the piss and didn't give a rats ass who he offended or influenced.

I don't think Axl would have agreed on that. not being pegeonholed is the way of not closing things down, aye?

I don't think he would agree it all, although no band that emerged from the Sunset Strip in the mid to late 80's has survived the pidgeonhole and been allowed to move forward creatively with acceptance from the post grunge airwaves/media of the early 90's.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2005, 01:16:53 PM »

I don't think he would agree it all, although no band that emerged from the Sunset Strip in the mid to late 80's has survived the pidgeonhole and been allowed to move forward creatively with acceptance from the post grunge airwaves/media of the early 90's.

Faith No More & RHCP's come to mind as having accomplished that feat. Perry Farrell certainly had high points throughout the nineties as well.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2005, 02:11:24 PM »

Sure they were the best AFD tribute band I've ever heard, but there is a very large difference in the guitar sound and the amount of synth.

Sometimes they use too much synth, the "new" YCBM and Rocket queen ultra-keyboard intros aren't serious. Same for "the blues", it was a FANTASTIC song at the begining, with a blues-rock vibe, but late 2002 it turned into an over-produced and boring massive synthe song.? Axl should really calm down with that, synthe is great but too much synthe is horrible. It's like sugar in yogourt. Would you eat a yogourt with 2Kg of sugar?? Huh

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2005, 02:22:07 PM »

I'm sure if you look at sales figures for the 2 Snake Pit albums it is probably a pretty similar number to all of Buckets solo work.

Probably not. Furthermore, Snake Pit albums really don?t count as solowork compared to many of Buck?s solo-albums. Snake Pit was just another half-assed attempt of Slash to surround him with some musicians in order to recapture the glory of days long gone by. In other words?.it really wasn?t just Slash out there (it's a band you know?), showing what was left of him when it was just about him. Buckethead made it on his own, relying on nothing more then what he had to offer as a solo-artist, from age 16 on. So before calling albums like Colma and Electric Tears (which are highly appreciated by fans of the instrumental genre) commercial disasters (when comparing them to Slash?s non-existent body of solo material), make sure you know what your talking about. As a solo guitarist Slash has absolutely nothing on Buckethead. Yes, there is a difference between making music and playing the guitar, just as much as there is a difference between sentiment and facts. You don?t seem to be able to grasp both concepts.

-PEACE-

Highly appriciated by a small group of instrumental guitar fans doesn't make things commercially successfull. What I am saying is that by Dave claiming that "anyone who thinks Slash is better than Bucket has their head up their ass" is a stupid comment based on his opinion.....He argues that Slash and Duff's solo efforts are sub par to ?Buckets (again opinion). I mearly stated that one of the only ways to determine "better" subjectively is album sales (hence the use of the word commercial, of course this doesn't explain "Cracked Rear View" by Hootie)........ and regardless of how amazing his guitar work is Bucket doesn't sell albums outside of the small group you described (Fact).

So I say (IMO):

Better on guitar: Bucket
Better for a band: Slash

Right now there a few hundred (guess) guitar students enrolled in the Berkley School of Music (home of Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and that annoying John Maher kid). I'd venture to guess that 90% of them are "better" guitar "players" than say Angus Young of AC/DC. None of them will probably ever be as highly regarded as him.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2005, 02:35:00 PM »

Faith No More & RHCP's come to mind as having accomplished that feat. Perry Farrell certainly had high points throughout the nineties as well.

not of those bands were what is called Sunset Strip bands. they are from LA though.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2005, 03:01:49 PM »

not of those bands were what is called Sunset Strip bands. they are from LA though.

Exactly.

Though they are indeed from LA, none bare the stigma of the Sunset Strip.? None are associated with the likes Of The Crue, Poison, LA Guns etc.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2005, 05:42:23 PM »

All? you have to go back and read the reviews for the 2002 tour shows, and most of they said pretty much the same thing, if you closed? your eyes you could not even tell it wasnt the orginal band playing? the songs.? And that was from unbiased reviewers.? The only bad reviews the band got were from the ones that didnt even see the whole shows, like the guy who based it on two songs and the other guy who claimed they played PC when they didnt.

You're crazy, or tone deaf, if you think you could have sat in any one of those arena's in 2002 with you eyes closed and thought you were listening to the old band. Sure they were the best AFD tribute band I've ever heard, but there is a very large difference in the guitar sound and the amount of synth. For example back in the day (91-93) Dizzy is playing nothing more than bongo's on PC and WTTJ. In 2002 they had 2 people playing multiple instruments............ not the same sound........

Also where do you get this idea that Slash and Duff are nothing without Axl??
What has Axl done without them?? and don't start spitting out a laundry list of unpublished songs that less than 100,000 people have heard and probably less than 30,000 people even remember hearing between Jungle and Paradise City. You have no valid argument against Slash and Duff until Axl's band is heard by the public.

Also where do you get off ripping Slash and Duff's solo work, but yet hold up Buckets list of comercial disasters as the greatest thing since the Beatles White Album?? If you are using your opinion of a "better" album to tell members of this board that they are fooling themselves to think Slash is better than Buckethead then keep that opinion to yourself until you can back it up. I'm sure if you look at sales figures for the 2 Snake Pit albums it is probably a pretty similar number to all of Buckets solo work. Sure he is talented..... but like I said before, so is every kid who is accepted into the Berkley School of Music. That doesn't make them "better" than Slash. There is a difference between "Music" and playing a guitar. I could walk out of my office right now and find a kid sitting in the Park Street Subway Station in Boston that can play the hell out of a guitar and is probably more proficient that Slash...... yet there is a reason why he is playing the Subway, and cursing under his breath because I am the 10th person who passed him without tipping for his stunning rendition of the final scene from Crossroads with Ralph Macchio.

You crack me up, and I think? you forget how sloppy the old band played their songs. The thing that you and others like yourself do is compare how the new band plays the songs live to how the old band played their songs in the studio. That is a huge fallacy that people like you cant seem to understand.

And I stand by what I said, Slash and Duff are not nearly as good without Axl and thier solo albums and contraband prove that ten fold.? For Axl the jury is still out, but from the songs we have heard like IRS, the blues and Madagascar, if those really are just the filler songs from CD then Axl is just as good if not better without them.

Madagascar is one of the 10 best gnr songs ever. Nothing on contraband or the solo albums of duff and slash are? even in the top 40.

As for BHs album sales, album sales have nothing? to do with how good an album is but if you want to open the door for album sales, Duff and Slashs solo albums were huge flops considering they used to be in gnr, while BH was always underground thus that is why his album sales are not as huge, PLUS BH puts out like 3 albums per year.

Buckethead is better at guitar than slash its that simple. I am sorry if you cannot accept that ,but its the truth.
You can say that slash writes better solos that is fine, but slash can not touch BH when it comes to ability.
Slash is a one trick pony when it comes to guitar playing while BH can play many different styles, and his solo albums prove that.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 05:45:45 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2005, 06:45:41 PM »

Ok here ya go. Listen to both bands backing Axl. You think the new band didnt play the old songs as good as the old band. I think you are just in deinal, and here is my proof.  I just took the RIR 3 version of mr b and the live version from the old  band that was on my computer.

New band
http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/audio/GNR_MrBrownstone_Rio01-newgnrdotcom.mp3

Old band
http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0997LM64V6S9C3CO8CVYAGCUOE

Now how do either of these bands backing Axl sound different? Listen to slashs solo, then the new bands solo.
Its pretty much the same eh?
Slash never played the solo just as it was on the album either. That is something  people like you always forget.
So what do you have to say now? Oh I know you must be done deaf.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2005, 07:28:51 PM »

Not sure about any "helpful hints" on the Lydon comment, i think he was straight up taking the piss and didn't give a rats ass who he offended or influenced.

Sure enough, The mr. punk seems to be another misunderstood character in the music world.
He was on about music's responsibility for advancing culture as well as his responsibility for the words.
I excerpt the parts that might be relevant to this and Axl's situation of today from the article.

the singer turns willfully sardonic, sounding off at a wide range of subjects centering around the ignorance and spite accorded to PiL by the press.

Lydon: "I can understand that a lot of people don't like music that attacks and confronts them, and makes them think about things they shouldn't really be dealing with, because life should be much easier, ha ha ha. As far as I know there is no God, there is no heaven, this all we have! I want to live it to the full.  There are things out there that consistently tell us we should be miserable, and I won't tolerate it."

"I work with this guy because I respect his lyrics," ponders McGeoch, "and he deals with things. If you can put it into the format where people have the option of thinking twice about it..."

Lydon: "The words count for a lot of situations in a lot of people's lives. And I know I'm not extra special, I know I'm just bog-ordinary-I'm just lucky to have the opportunity to use what I've got to make that clear."

Lydon emphasizes how he has always though of PiL as ?folk' music.  Does that mean music is responsible for advancing culture?

Lydon: "Always. Otherwise what we're doing is foolish, and a waste of time. I want to push everything to its utmost limits and then go further, that is the point of existence. I won't imitate and I won't be led, not by anything or anybody.  That's it. period.   When the Sex Pistols started, I said, we're nothing to do with rock 'n' roll. That's dead.  I meant that most insecurely and still do, I've it made it clear that there's a new way, a new approach, without all that old terminology."

Lydon: "I'm so sick of it, all this explaining, explaining everything.  That's what nauseated you, and quite rightly so. I'm used to being defensive, that's become the format! Nobody every talks t me like a human being any more, apart from my friends in the band.  John was getting onto that, and we almost had a bloody good row.  Which helps, so fucking much!"

And One more!

Lydon: "Over my house on the beach, a few times, I've been out in a boat, The dolphins come right up close, just looking at you-sometimes you can touch them.  That really puts you in your place!"
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2005, 08:05:56 PM »

Ok here ya go. Listen to both bands backing Axl. You think the new band didnt play the old songs as good as the old band. I think you are just in deinal, and here is my proof.? I just took the RIR 3 version of mr b and the live version from the old? band that was on my computer.

New band

Old band

Now how do either of these bands backing Axl sound different? Listen to slashs solo, then the new bands solo.
Slash never played the solo just as it was on the album either. That is something? people like you always forget.

well, I dunno about you, but I can clearly hear a difference. even though the sound on the old band mp3 sucked.
Slash never played the solos the exact same way, but I can hear quite clearly if it's him playing or not. he's got a unique style, not easy to copy. I don't think they should try to copy it either, they're a new band, if they wanna get accepted as that they should play them with their own twists and turns. but any way you look at it, none of the solos Bucket or Robin has played on the old songs top the ones Slash did! and from what Ive heard of the new songs, all of them would have been better if Slash had played on them as well.
bit of a difference on the drums as well, Brain plays more of a funkyish way than the others.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
BenDrinking49
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2005, 08:13:10 PM »

You can say that slash writes better solos that is fine, but slash can not touch BH when it comes to ability.
Slash is a one trick pony when it comes to guitar playing while BH can play many different styles, and his solo albums prove that.

Why do you persist on comparing BH to Slash. This thread is about comparing the musicianship of VR vs Current GNR. Last time I checked, your boy BH wasn't in either of those bands. So stop comparing them.

Anyways, you sound like an idiot cause Slash is way better then BH. Anyone can play guitar, but do they have the knowledge of how to write a hit song. We know Slash an Duff can write hit songs (see Appetite, UYI's, Lies, Contraband, etc..), but I don't know one song that BH wrote that is a hit. Sorry Dave, but I think you loose this argument.

Ben
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2005, 08:14:14 PM »

Ok here ya go. Listen to both bands backing Axl. You think the new band didnt play the old songs as good as the old band. I think you are just in deinal, and here is my proof.? I just took the RIR 3 version of mr b and the live version from the old? band that was on my computer.

New band

Old band

Slash never played the solo just as it was on the album either. That is something? people like you always forget.

well, I dunno about you, but I can clearly hear a difference. even though the sound on the old band mp3 sucked.
Slash never played the solos the exact same way, but I can hear quite clearly if it's him playing or not. he's got a unique style, not easy to copy. I don't think they should try to copy it either, they're a new band, if they wanna get accepted as that they should play them with their own twists and turns. but any way you look at it, none of the solos Bucket or Robin has played on the old songs top the ones Slash did! and from what Ive heard of the new songs, all of them would have been better if Slash had played on them as well.
bit of a difference on the drums as well, Brain plays more of a funkyish way than the others.

BHs solo on night train blows always slashs. How can you even claim that no solo BH did tops slashs?
http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/shortclips/bhntrain.wmv

As for them sounding different they are not going to sound exactally the same but you strip Axls vocals and no one would know that it wasnt the old band playing.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 08:18:59 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2005, 08:15:34 PM »

Why do you persist on comparing BH to Slash. This thread is about comparing the musicianship of VR vs Current GNR. Last time I checked, your boy BH wasn't in either of those bands. So stop comparing them.

Anyways, you sound like an idiot cause Slash is way better then BH. Anyone can play guitar, but do they have the knowledge of how to write a hit song. We know Slash an Duff can write hit songs (see Appetite, UYI's, Lies, Contraband, etc..), but I don't know one song that BH wrote that is a hit. Sorry Dave, but I think you loose this argument.

Ben

Another cry baby that cannot accept that BH is better than slash.
And BH is g oing to be on CD and played with Gnr, thus that is why the comparison.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2005, 08:23:48 PM »

Sure enough, The mr. punk seems to be another misunderstood character in the music world.
He was on about music's responsibility for advancing culture as well as his responsibility for the words.
I excerpt the parts that might be relevant to this and Axl's situation of today from the article.

the singer turns willfully sardonic, sounding off at a wide range of subjects centering around the ignorance and spite accorded to PiL by the press.

Lydon: "I can understand that a lot of people don't like music that attacks and confronts them, and makes them think about things they shouldn't really be dealing with, because life should be much easier, ha ha ha. As far as I know there is no God, there is no heaven, this all we have! I want to live it to the full.? There are things out there that consistently tell us we should be miserable, and I won't tolerate it."

"I work with this guy because I respect his lyrics," ponders McGeoch, "and he deals with things. If you can put it into the format where people have the option of thinking twice about it..."

Lydon: "The words count for a lot of situations in a lot of people's lives. And I know I'm not extra special, I know I'm just bog-ordinary-I'm just lucky to have the opportunity to use what I've got to make that clear."

Lydon emphasizes how he has always though of PiL as ?folk' music.? Does that mean music is responsible for advancing culture?

Lydon: "Always. Otherwise what we're doing is foolish, and a waste of time. I want to push everything to its utmost limits and then go further, that is the point of existence. I won't imitate and I won't be led, not by anything or anybody.? That's it. period.? ?When the Sex Pistols started, I said, we're nothing to do with rock 'n' roll. That's dead.? I meant that most insecurely and still do, I've it made it clear that there's a new way, a new approach, without all that old terminology."

Lydon: "I'm so sick of it, all this explaining, explaining everything.? That's what nauseated you, and quite rightly so. I'm used to being defensive, that's become the format! Nobody every talks t me like a human being any more, apart from my friends in the band.? John was getting onto that, and we almost had a bloody good row.? Which helps, so fucking much!"

And One more!

Lydon: "Over my house on the beach, a few times, I've been out in a boat, The dolphins come right up close, just looking at you-sometimes you can touch them.? That really puts you in your place!"

As far as the comment in '89, it was a definate knock.? Typical Lydon, God love him.

As far as the rest of the quotes, I suppose it might be relevent to Axl's situation now, but it's a reach for comparisons sake.? I wouldn't hesitate to agree if they actually came from Axl's mouth, but unfortunately they didn't.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 08:41:29 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2005, 10:39:08 PM »

BHs solo on night train blows always slashs. How can you even claim that no solo BH did tops slashs?
http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/shortclips/bhntrain.wmv

As for them sounding different they are not going to sound exactally the same but you strip Axls vocals and no one would know that it wasnt the old band playing.

You can strip away Axl and it isn't going to sound like the old lineup. The only player that plays in the same 'style' as the old band is fortus. Sure they play good renditions of the old songs, but tonaly they don't sound the same. No one with a with any kind of ear is going to confuse a 2002 show with a 1991 show. Finck and Bucket use 10 times the effects that Slash does.

And as far as the night train outro....... that is enhanced by the kill switch that Bucket uses. Yes he plays much faster than Slash, but alot of what he does are 'tricks' that he gets from that kill switch and his effects board.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2005, 04:24:42 AM »

The only player that plays in the same 'style' as the old band is fortus
yes, and he is the one who sounds the best. His guitar tone sounds killer. Really "Rock n' Roll", absolutely perfect for Guns N' Roses.
I can't wait to hear him play on the "Chinese Democracy" record, rythm, lead, accoustic, everything. I want to hear his sound, his vibe. He is the only guitarist who interests me in that new band. I feel nothing when I hear bucket the muppet show and goth finck.

Richard Fortus is the most precious guitarist in GN'R right now.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 06:31:21 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: