Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:47:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR vs VR (Player By Player)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR vs VR (Player By Player)  (Read 56944 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2005, 06:20:50 PM »

U call me ignorant Dave? - you are proving yourself again to be a rude poster with little respect for other peoples opinions, it is sad that you can't refrain from name calling and just have a reasoned debate
very sad

cool it jimmy, you already won this debate a couple of pages back.
it's not your fault dave can't let go. peace

ahh.. youre right, no use banging ones head against a wall is there? Tongue

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2005, 07:34:18 PM »

U call me ignorant Dave? - you are proving yourself again to be a rude poster with little respect for other peoples opinions, it is sad that you can't refrain from name calling and just have a reasoned debate
very sad

cool it jimmy, you already won this debate a couple of pages back.
it's not your fault dave can't let go. peace

ahh.. youre right, no use banging ones head against a wall is there? Tongue

there ya go! ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2005, 10:43:38 PM »

Dave - if in the slight chance CD is better than AFD and sells shitloads of copies i? would be the first to admit it. Or i could just do what you do with VR and say - "So what if the album sells millions, they have sells out tours and win grammys its still rubbish". Lets face it - if CD acheives that kind of success youll be the first parading around how the millions of sales and sell out tours mean that Nu-Gn'R is great.

I said two million copies is nothing, and its not. As for the grammy, it doesnt mean anything. Look at who has won grammys over the past 5 years. Its a joke.? CD will sell more than contraband did easily. But like I said, album sales dont mean squat at how good an album is. And the fact is, if CD went on to sell 5 million in the usa, the naysayers will just say oh its bc of the gnr name on it, and wont give axl credit for how good the album is. That is how people like? you operate.

Also AFD never won a grammy so does that mean that contraband is better than AFD? using  your logic, I guess it must mean that.

Also didnt jethrotul win a grammy or AMA over metallica and justice for all one year? yet we all know what album was better.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 10:46:37 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2005, 10:58:22 PM »

Old GNR will get back together.  Do you not think Axl realizes the same sheot we are saying?
no, because unfortunately axl doesn't want to hear anything and anyone.
Too bad we are obliged to bear the goth for a long time again in that band on lead guitar Lips Sealed   Sad

what a torture no

Man what are you 12? Get over it Robin is here to stay. Why is everything about looks with you? What are you like some boy band freak?  Roll Eyes
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2005, 04:44:45 AM »

I think Robin is nicer than Slash. And Slash is a proven liar, and he can't play with soul anymore.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2005, 06:14:18 AM »

Singer: Since Axl has a few repertoire, but still he shows his class in songs like LALD and KOHD, and the new songs are somewhat good (I wish he could still sing CD like RIR3, without noises in his voice.) In the contrary Scott Weiland has a larger repertoire, but I feels he lacks something(lyrically.) I could say that it is a tie, but I stil think that Axl has the edge.

Lead Guitarrist: In this case Robin has few songs to prove something, but he needs the album released to prove his worth. Still I like his work on CD, The blues andMadagascar. On IRS, his solo seems fitting but lacking something. Slash in the other case has an album to show his class, however he comes really short. Still, with s coolness; Slash takes the lead position.

Rhythm Guitarrist: I really don't feel anything on Dave's work; however, I really like Richard's work on The blues , but specially on Madagascar. And if I count the great duo he forms with Robin, Richard takes rhythm position.

Bassist: This is the second position that gave me trouble, because I thought that the work that Duff did in Contraband was good. and I like Tommy's work specially on IRS. I say that anyone can win, but Tommy took my vote. So Tommy takes the position.

Drummer: I give the props to Brain.

keyboards And on Keyboards Mr. Dizzy Reed[/b]

Special Notes: The hardest position to come to a conclusion was Lead guitarrist, since Robin is my favorite new member and Slash is my guitar hero(reason why I started to play guitar.) I didn't include Buckethead at all, because he is not on the band anymore and I didn't feel anything on his work in the new songs. Well the beginning and end of his solo on IRS are good but the middle doesn't keep the consistency overall. His work on Nightrain is amazing, but that's all. I mean the guy can play and he may be the most technical guitarrist on GNR history; however it's nothing compared with the vibe of Slash and Robin, IMO.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2005, 07:13:47 AM »

can you accept in some (most?) gn'r fans do think finck is a disgrace for gn'r? You're a robin's fan, ok that's your right, but a large majority of people are not. respect what they think.
I would start a "Do you like Robin Fink" poll just to prove that point wrong but it would probabley get locked immediatley

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2005, 09:57:59 AM »

can you accept in some (most?) gn'r fans do think finck is a disgrace for gn'r? You're a robin's fan, ok that's your right, but a large majority of people are not. respect what they think.

If you dont like him fine, but stop bashing him every chance you get. Hes a member of gnr, and Im pretty sure one of the rules here is not to bash members of the band. ok
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2005, 10:55:37 AM »

how can people take Tommy over duff judging by IRS ,

god. duff is TEH coolest.
the new band has done nothing. so they're handicapped on this poll.

i'd go for

Axl (even if scott is very close)
slash (not a chance)
richard (even if i dont care, either one)
duff (not a chance)
dizzy

VR got very close to what GNR with axl could be. scott did his job.
while the GNR has not proven that they can replace slash and duff.
but i'll give them time. and we'll see when cd will be out.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2005, 11:40:10 AM »

i'd go for

slash (not a chance)
duff (not a chance)
dizzy

For tommy we have his work in the replacements, his solo albums, plus IRS, oh my god, Cd, the blues, madagascar etc etc.

Tommy is better than duff, its not even close.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2005, 12:53:34 PM »

i'd go for

slash (not a chance)
duff (not a chance)
dizzy

For tommy we have his work in the replacements, his solo albums, plus IRS, oh my god, Cd, the blues, madagascar etc etc.

I love the way you say - "Thats how people like you operate" as if i hate Axl. Im just not blinded by love for him. The fact is that VR have acheived great success and you refuse to acknowledge this due to your hatred of the old members.

Back on topic my choice would be -

Axl - For obvious reasons
Slash - Just plain better than Finck
Fortus - I just think hes a cooler player than Kushner - Dave never really seems to do much in VR
Duff - For the punk vibe - adds a differant element, he also has that special "something" which great rock stars have. I dont think Tommy has that.
Brain - Im not 100 percent with this one, im not really a Sorum fan but im also not knowledgable about brains solo work - id go for Brain simply cos hes problably more intresting than Sorum.

Riot In Everyone!
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2005, 01:03:31 PM »

i'd go for

slash (not a chance)
duff (not a chance)
dizzy

I love the way you say - "Thats how people like you operate" as if i hate Axl. Im just not blinded by love for him. The fact is that VR have acheived great success and you refuse to acknowledge this due to your hatred of the old members.

Back on topic my choice would be -

Axl - For obvious reasons
Slash - Just plain better than Finck
Fortus - I just think hes a cooler player than Kushner - Dave never really seems to do much in VR
Duff - For the punk vibe - adds a differant element, he also has that special "something" which great rock stars have. I dont think Tommy has that.
Brain - Im not 100 percent with this one, im not really a Sorum fan but im also not knowledgable about brains solo work - id go for Brain simply cos hes problably more intresting than Sorum.

If anyone is blinded its not me but the people who cant imagine that there are better players out there than slash, duff and izzy.

madagas
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2005, 01:07:01 PM »

Tommy is the epitome of punk.....Lineker, you may need to check up on your rock history a bit. ok
Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2005, 01:40:02 PM »

I dont think people were arguing that the arnt better players - but better players for Guns - then i dont think so. For the Axl Rose band then - yes i think Axls got a solid group behind him, there all talented players, but in terms of Gn'R - i think the old guys were better. Now you may argue that Axl's band now is Gn'R - but in my mind Gn'R were a group of players who left each other for whatever reasons. I would think the same if it was Slash, Duff, Matt, Izzy with a new singer going around calling themselves Gn'R - it just aint it.

And i wasnt saying Tommy wasnt punk. I said Duff was punk - i said i didnt think that Tommy had that special "something" that great rockstars have.

Riot In Everyone!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2005, 02:44:50 PM »

1 vote for dave-gnfnr2k on this one.

Except for the guitar.  bucket + finck > 2 slashes ok

But for the new guys, I wouldn't have taken much notice of VR, let alone purchased contra.
That album was good. I enjoyed it for a few weeks or so. It's typical of me.
My love for New GNR tunes lasts for 2yrs and counting. This is bizarre.

Also, just trivial matters but to my eyes the new lineup has massive cool factors beyond comparison. 
Each of them individually is an interesting character. E.g, Tommy is humble. Brain is mean, I mean, witty.
To add to that, they are good looking. Especially Robin, Brain and Tommy (=the everybody's type-ask any normal chick)  hihi Still I think BH presented the coolest appearance.  Well, Handsome is as handsome does.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2005, 02:52:39 PM »

If no one on this board knew that contraband had slash and duff on it, then i would be willing to bet most of those people would not like it as much, its that simple. Contraband is very bland. Also the madagascar solo alone is better than any slash solo on contraband.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 02:54:28 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2005, 02:54:20 PM »

Except for the guitar.? bucket + finck > 2 slashes ok

But for the new guys, I wouldn't have taken much notice of VR, let alone purchased contra.

Also, just trivial matters but to my eyes the new lineup has massive cool factors beyond comparison.?
Each of them individually is an interesting character. E.g, Tommy is humble. Brain is mean, I mean, witty.
To add to that, they are good looking. Especially Robin, Brain and Tommy (=the everybody's type-ask any normal chick)? hihi Still I think BH presented the coolest appearance.? Well, Handsome is as handsome does.

See i dont think people have a problem with posts like yours, people saying - i think Nu-Gn'R's better. Its when people try to prove there point simply by slagging off the old members e.g. Slash/Duff's solo album sucked etc.etc. that i personally get annoyed. If your best reason for liking the Nu-Gn'R is that "Tommys solo album is better than Snakepit which sucked loads ands loads" - then your not really intrested in the band much are you?!

Riot In Everyone!
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2005, 02:55:37 PM »

Also, just trivial matters but to my eyes the new lineup has massive cool factors beyond comparison.?
To add to that, they are good looking. Especially Robin, Brain and Tommy (=the everybody's type-ask any normal chick)? hihi Still I think BH presented the coolest appearance.? Well, Handsome is as handsome does.

See i dont think people have a problem with posts like yours, people saying - i think Nu-Gn'R's better. Its when people try to prove there point simply by slagging off the old members e.g. Slash/Duff's solo album sucked etc.etc. that i personally get annoyed. If your best reason for liking the Nu-Gn'R is that "Tommys solo album is better than Snakepit which sucked loads ands loads" - then your not really intrested in the band much are you?!

Such the hypocrite. So its ok to say BHs solo albums did nothing for me but when people say that about slash or duffs you get upset? wow. nice logic there bud.

The fact is, duff and slashs work is no where near as great as it was when they were in gnr with Axl. Yet Axls lyrics and songs are just as good and some are better than the old gnr songs.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 02:57:14 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2005, 02:56:27 PM »

when the nu-GN'R will sell 85 million records worldwide, then, some of you will be able to open their mouth. Until then, just shut up, because there is nothing to discuss and/or to compare with the original band...exept riots and cancelled shows.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 02:58:21 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2005, 03:00:57 PM »

Such the hypocrite. So its ok to say BHs solo albums did nothing for me but when people say that about slash or duffs you get upset? wow. nice logic there bud.

No read the post again. What im saying is that you seem to simply prove your points by slagging off the old band. If anyone says anything bad about Nu-Gn'R you counter it by slagging of Slash or Duff. Its as if i went around saying - Im not a big fan of Dave Kushers playing in VR - but hes better than Buckethead casue his solo album sucked, everyone knows that blah, blah, blah! Why cant you just say - i think Nu-Gn'R and Tommy are better, not, I think Tommy and Nu-Gn'R are better casue Slash and Duff suck, there solo work sucks and theyve done nothing good since leaving Axl etc.etc. Not only is it only your opinion but its not really needed.

Riot In Everyone!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: