Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:22:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Brain Interview.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Brain Interview.  (Read 34620 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2005, 11:19:14 AM »

If Buckets contributions took the songs or a song to another level Axl should leave it.

Look at the added solo to CD. Incredible. Especially the versions he did at London and Boston. Simply amazing as is the IRS solo.

Hopefully someway, somehow, in the whacky land of GNR, bucket will end up back with the band. As mentioned in this thread and as I have previously mentioned when he left...Buckets "freakiness" is what makes him an important part of this band. He will draw peopel in on his looks alone. Its that What the Fuck type thing. Then he keeps them witht he music. He was the perfect player for the new lineup. He was their new version of Slash.

I disagree with others in saying that Finck or Fortus cant get the job done. Of course they dont have the appeal like Bucket would have....but that doesnt mean they are weak. But time will tell...hopefully BIg B comes back though.
He was an explosive player who put this band on anothe rlevel.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2005, 11:26:01 AM »

With the old band, it was something real. Guns n' Roses was their life. It was their own baby. Now it's just a "project" among others.

Yep It was their life and their own baby and izzy,slash,duff choosed to abandon their life and baby and
left it only to Axl....and now only one holds this baby...the guy who believed in it more than anyone from day one....And he can have whatever mother/granny he believes it is the best for the baby.....
He now tries to keep the fuckin baby alive and strong......Hope the motherfucker eventually succeeds in that.....
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 11:31:59 AM by GNROSAS » Logged
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2005, 11:47:38 AM »

With the old band, it was something real. Guns n' Roses was their life. It was their own baby. Now it's just a "project" among others.

Yep It was their life and their own baby and izzy,slash,duff choosed to abandon their life and baby and
left it only to Axl....and now only one holds this baby...the guy who believed in it more than anyone from day one....And he can have whatever mother/granny he believes it is the best for the baby.....
He now tries to keep the fuckin baby alive and strong......Hope the motherfucker eventually succeeds in that.....
I don't believe the Axl's theory. I don't believe the guy is a saint and that slash, duff and izzy are "evils". I don't believe neither Axl is the only one responsible of the splitt. For me, it's all of that. It's a whole thing. And I still believe the success and the money drove all of them crazy. Maybe if Axl was a little bit less crazy, first the original band would have still been together, second Chinese Democracy would have been recorded yet, third the new band wouldn't have been about to break-up (i feel it).

I've never been neither a yes-man pro axl, neither a pro-slash/duff/izzy "Axl's the devil".

For me, it's 50/50. I don't like when matt said "what's the piano?" and when axl though "ok, let's turn industrial". Both are wrong. I like to be fair and objective. I love GN'R, this is my favourite band of all time, but that's not because Axl got the name that he got the fans...at least, not me.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 11:50:15 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2005, 12:01:32 PM »

Some people told me,  the NEW GNR is excellent and they might developed excellent songs with Axl, that is right, they are excellent musicians, that is why Axl rose has chosen them to be part of GNR, but "hey" let's be honest those guys dont love GNR, dont feel the music, like the old guys, just take Brain as an example -- he said GNR is a band as long as he gets paid!!!! --   what can "I" a real GNR fan expect from that kind of guys? as i said before, NOTHING....  And that is why i think its only Axl's project and his chosen musicians.

@;---,-----.--------
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2005, 12:27:56 PM »

Some people told me,  the NEW GNR is excellent and they might developed excellent songs with Axl, that is right, they are excellent musicians, that is why Axl rose has chosen them to be part of GNR, but "hey" let's be honest those guys dont love GNR, dont feel the music, like the old guys, just take Brain as an example -- he said GNR is a band as long as he gets paid!!!! --   what can "I" a real GNR fan expect from that kind of guys? as i said before, NOTHING....  And that is why i think its only Axl's project and his chosen musicians.

@;---,-----.--------

Your wrong. The guys in the band now do love being in GNR. They do love the music they made/are making. They do care about the fans.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2005, 12:29:38 PM »

yes right, that is why Brain said those statements...

@;-,-----,------.----
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2005, 12:32:59 PM »

yes right, that is why Brain said those statements...

@;-,-----,------.----

It was a joke, how thick can some people be  Roll Eyes
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2005, 12:47:42 PM »

I dont know, I feel some of this comments, they give me a bad vibe, I'm not sure why, but like some of you said, they dont seem to have their hearts in 100% like the old band, but I dont blame them, when things started to become like we have seen the last 10 years or so, Slash,Duff and Matt's hearts dident belong 100% to GnR anymore either, no albums in sight, no tour, no nothing, its easy to become a little distant under such conditions

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2005, 12:51:06 PM »

No, no corblemy the former members wouldn't even think of making money out of their holy baby.

''The poverty is what kept us together, that was how we became Guns N Roses. Once that changed.??.Guns N Roses was like the old Stones or whatever, Not necessarily the friendliest bunch of guys.''
Axl Speaks Rolling Stone, January 2000

Judging from his sarcasm, Brain is a kind who can't act like a yesman.
Why suddenly some people want the band members to be a bunch of blind worshippers of the band is beyond me.
They love the music they made together and the band they made the music together.  That's all what matters to me.

....... the old guys,..
Blah, blah, and blah
Your opinion is only this one isnay?
All other fuss you're making about this topic are led by this nostalgia if not the die-hard reunionism.
Refute me if you can.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2005, 02:32:55 PM »

Wow! I can't believe how so many still thinks Brain is saying those things about money for real. English is not even my 1st language and, even like that, I could understand he is joking. Jeez...  no

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2005, 02:44:31 PM »

I dont know, I feel some of this comments, they give me a bad vibe, I'm not sure why, but like some of you said, they dont seem to have their hearts in 100% like the old band, but I dont blame them, when things started to become like we have seen the last 10 years or so, Slash,Duff and Matt's hearts dident belong 100% to GnR anymore either, no albums in sight, no tour, no nothing, its easy to become a little distant under such conditions

I have to agree with this post.  How can the new bands hearts really be in it, when they are barely working on it and so distand from it.   I think the only real way to have your heart in the band is to nurture it, be together with the band, jam, finish projects together, tour, etc.    They haven't been together for a couple years.  Who knows how they will even feel when they finely do get back together, if that happens.  I hope Axl doesn't keep these guys apart from him and from each other too much longer, we really don't know what the effects might be.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2005, 03:54:50 PM »

I have to agree with this post.  How can the new bands hearts really be in it, when they are barely working on it and so distand from it.   I think the only real way to have your heart in the band is to nurture it, be together with the band, jam, finish projects together, tour, etc.    They haven't been together for a couple years.  Who knows how they will even feel when they finely do get back together, if that happens.  I hope Axl doesn't keep these guys apart from him and from each other too much longer, we really don't know what the effects might be.

Richard has said that he and finck trade off between leads and rhythm so I'm guessing some of them get together and jam.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2005, 04:28:41 PM »

Richard helped Tommy in Village Gorilla Head. Also, they're always being special guests in each other side projects.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2005, 04:49:09 PM »

Saul and Voodoo, that is cool that they do that but they need to gel together as GNR and nurture GNR as a band and get together with Axl.

check it out!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2005, 05:20:26 PM »

Well this way they can get fresh ideas from all over the place and won't grow tired of their married life, no their band life. Grin

On the other hands I'm sick and tired of hearing that slur of "hired" tied to "guns" Angry
Everybody knows the pet clich? of reunionists n naysayers.
They're in the industry, in the media and maybe even in the crews of whatever, everywhere the band goes, I guess.

Axl
"Umm, well the biggest challenge is that. In working with these people. You know, I developed a kinda one on one individual relationships, and little.. Little groups in putting this thing together rather... I mean this isn't a band of a bunch of guys who met at a bar, or found each other through, you know, ads in the paper or anything.
It's been, you know, I carefully looked for these individual people and their personalities and how exciting each one of them is and what they bring to this project. So then, the challenge was, you know, working with all those different personalities and bringing those personalities together. Especially personalities that, ahh you know, when they have to learn how to play other people's material, then that's difficult as well.......................................

With the guys, I mean. I do have, a really positive relationship with the individual members and each one of them ahh, you know excites me with what they bring to it creatively or just as a person and how each one of them works really hard, because I think anyone that ahh watches this project at all, also sees, the abuse that this project goes through. And these guys shoulder that really, really well and... And they don?t have a problem dealing with it, and I have to, you know, just respect the hell out of that with these guys."
               -Axl interview KISW Seattle KISW Seattle, November 8th 2002
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2005, 05:22:01 PM »

I don't think anyone from the new band is doing much related to GnR even if they are noodling around.  Everything is sitting on axl's shoulders now.

I read through 7 pages of this thread and I still don't get why so many are arguing. There are things knowable and unknowable. Whether BH will return or have his GnR contributions erased from existance are two of those unknowable things. Wait and see.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2005, 05:32:18 PM »

Well this way they can get fresh ideas from all over the place and won't grow tired of their married life, no their band life. Grin

On the other hands I'm sick and tired of hearing that slur of "hired" tied to "guns" Angry
Everybody knows the pet clich? of reunionists n naysayers.
They're in the industry, in the media and maybe even in the crews of whatever, everywhere the band goes, I guess.

Axl
"Umm, well the biggest challenge is that. In working with these people. You know, I developed a kinda one on one individual relationships, and little.. Little groups in putting this thing together rather... I mean this isn't a band of a bunch of guys who met at a bar, or found each other through, you know, ads in the paper or anything.
It's been, you know, I carefully looked for these individual people and their personalities and how exciting each one of them is and what they bring to this project. So then, the challenge was, you know, working with all those different personalities and bringing those personalities together. Especially personalities that, ahh you know, when they have to learn how to play other people's material, then that's difficult as well.......................................

With the guys, I mean. I do have, a really positive relationship with the individual members and each one of them ahh, you know excites me with what they bring to it creatively or just as a person and how each one of them works really hard, because I think anyone that ahh watches this project at all, also sees, the abuse that this project goes through. And these guys shoulder that really, really well and... And they don?t have a problem dealing with it, and I have to, you know, just respect the hell out of that with these guys."
               -Axl interview KISW Seattle KISW Seattle, November 8th 2002

This interveiw is from 2002 when they were working together.   Since then, they haven't been together as far as we know.  I believe Axl has the utmost repect for them and has developed good relationships with them and them with each other.  But all relationships to work, need interaction and need to be cultivated to be successfull.    I agree the band members get alot of abuse but that's because they are going under the name GNR and they were doing all the covers and I don't feel that they should get abused as they are really good musicians.  But that is the way it went then hopefully it won't be the same when they return cause they will be doing new material and less covers hopefully.

check it out!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2005, 06:54:21 PM »

I think the first line of my post answers you. DTJ.  Grin

I gonna post a hell of quotes in regard to this issue.

I prefer Brain's sarcastic "I'm in it for the money" replies than Tommy's "It's a hair's breadth from being released".

Easy E, whose shoulders do you like the best?

Tommys (straight)

"I can tell you that when Chinese Democracy comes out?we'll be touring behind it, and I'll be fucking first in line to get back on board?? Whether or not people buy it is the fucking $60 million question, but all I know is that we're all proud of it and had a good time doing it?and also some troubling times doing it?but it was fun as shit. People always feel compelled to say to me, 'Dude, are you stoked to get a paycheck?' If it were about that, I'd be an asshole. It's never been about just getting a paycheck. I put a lot of work and heart and soul into it just like everyone else and got a great deal out of it??.. To any naysayer out there, I say, 'Fuck off.' I'm totally into it, and I'm definitely happy to be involved with Guns N' Roses."

"I've come across a lot of people who give me, 'Dude, what are you thinking?' Then I have to explain it. At this point, I'm kind of sick of explaining it and just feel like going, 'Fuck off.' [Laughs] These are my people, I have a fucking great time with them."  - Sep (?)2004

Brains #1 (twisted/shrug)

Q) When GN'R get back together later this year, are you going to miss all your solo projects?
"No because I got to get paid whether its truthfully or untruthfully" - Brain Answers Fans Questions -  7 June 2005,

Brains #2 (round)

"If GNR start up again, I?m in. I love doing it and, as crazy as it is, I really miss being all around that.
I love being that rock guy when you're in a band, and it?s about you and your music.
Being a hired gun is a different feeling ? it's not your songs, and it's all about the artist you're working for, which is cool.
But with Guns we were doing songs that I was a part of creating. And if the new album ever comes out, there are songs on there that I've had a hand in writing." -  Dec 04

Merck (hmm square?)

"W, Axl Rose is not interested in fame, money, popularity or what the New York Times or any other paper for that matter might think of him. His only interest is making the best album he is capable of so that it can have a positive affect in 2005 on people who are enthusiasts of music and interested in Guns N' Roses. His artistic integrity is such that he has chosen to do so without compromise at great personal sacrifice, which makes him a soft target for the sort of rubbish you have chosen to print. I believe he will have the last laugh. "    -  in defence of Axl march 2005

I can quote more and more.

I believe all the guys in Chinese Democratic GN'R and we, the fans will have the last laugh. ok
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2005, 07:16:50 PM »

Not true. Bucket can play rock n roll quite well. Just take his playing on "Nightrain" He totally improved that song. He took a song that was allready awesome and made it that much better with his playing. You just need to stay out of slash's ass? ok

You can't improve something that's perfect in every way.

You can add your own sound to it. You can make it sound differently. But you just can't improve Slash's solos... That's as good as it gets.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2005, 07:56:33 PM »

Not true. Bucket can play rock n roll quite well. Just take his playing on "Nightrain" He totally improved that song. He took a song that was allready awesome and made it that much better with his playing. You just need to stay out of slash's ass  ok

You can't improve something that's perfect in every way.

You can add your own sound to it. You can make it sound differently. But you just can't improve Slash's solos... That's as good as it gets.

I dunno man, there are alot of people who think that buckets playing on Nightrain has made the song that much better,   kinda took it to a whole nother level, ya know?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: