Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:19:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Brain Interview.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Brain Interview.  (Read 34615 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2005, 08:21:46 PM »

Wasnt Buckethead pretty much the sole lead guitar player for more then a year while Finck was back with NIN?  Huh

Didn't bucket join in 2000?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2005, 08:24:08 PM »

Wasnt Buckethead pretty much the sole lead guitar player for more then a year while Finck was back with NIN?  Huh

If memory serves , latter part of 99.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2005, 08:27:02 PM »

Saul, you make some very good points. 99.9% of the people in the forums will be shocked when the shadow of Buckethead lays an eclipse over CD. Buckethead is usually mentioned in magazines when the name GNR comes up. He is/was the most recognizable member of GNR besides Axl. People dont realize the magnitude of his departure. Yeah, CD is all on Axl's shoulders. Its gonna be a heavy cross to bare. Axl could have used a helping hand. To be honest, I'm not Buckethead's biggest fan, but I do realize the major impact of his departure.

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2005, 08:47:07 PM »

Saul, you make some very good points. 99.9% of the people in the forums will be shocked when the shadow of Buckethead lays an eclipse over CD. Buckethead is usually mentioned in magazines when the name GNR comes up. He is/was the most recognizable member of GNR besides Axl. People dont realize the magnitude of his departure. Yeah, CD is all on Axl's shoulders. Its gonna be a heavy cross to bare. Axl could have used a helping hand. To be honest, I'm not Buckethead's biggest fan, but I do realize the major impact of his departure.

I just see it like this ... most of what you see on TV or in the mag's these days is "over the top" .. either rappers with tons of "bling" , or pop stars wearing next to nothing ... just alot of over the top stuff. Alot of "eye candy" and attention grabbing gimmicks , ya know?

IMHO Buckethead brough (pardon the pun) buckets of "eye candy" to GNR. Finck and Fortus just seem awful bland compared to Bucket.

Imagine new gnr videos ... picture some scene where axl is in the shot next to , say fortus or finck .. now picture the same shot with axl alongside Bucket. I just think the Bucket shots would be much more interesting , attention grabbing and something that people would be talking about much more the next day.

My opinion.  peace

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2005, 08:55:38 PM »

Saul, I totally agree with that. GNR needed something "cool" to bring to this new generation. Buckethead provided that essence of cool. I remember in a thread about possible new GNR videos, someone mentioned a cool idea about Buckethead doing a solo on top of the Great Wall of China. That will not have the same impact with a different member doing it. Also imagine CD winning 'album of the year'. Axl walking to the stage with Robin, Tommy, or Richard will not have the same impact as it would if he walked to the stage with Bucket. When the final chapter of GNR is written, Buckethead's departure will be mentioned.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2005, 08:57:28 PM »

As of November 1999 there was no replacement for Robin and Axl wasn't even mentioning Bucket at that point. Im pretty sure Bucket join early 2000, not too long before Robin came back to guns.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2005, 09:02:36 PM »

I think chineseblues is right. If Buckethead was there, why would they need Dave Navarro to do Oh My God? But I'm not sure. So much time goes by with nothing, I'm starting to forget alot of GNR stuff. LOL!

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2005, 09:28:45 PM »

GNR needed something "cool" to bring to this new generation. Buckethead provided that essence of cool.

Again, not sure if "cool" is the right word for BH's persona.

Not taking away from his talents in any way, but his schtick added more novelty to the band than cool.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2005, 09:52:53 PM »

Be sure that nobody in the press gives a shit about Buckethead. They hardly give a shit about Axl... Undecided

you must never notice that when the media discuss the new lineup that always put extra emphasis on Buckethead?

And when MTV were doing the feature on GNR during the 2002 tour who did Loder interview on TV? Finck? Fortus? Nope , Buckethead.

Dude get real. MTV does interviews & features & packages on about a zillion people a year. Just because BH was one of them 3 YEARS AGO doesn't mean shit. Believe it. The original poster was right, hardly anyone cares about Axl anymore, & nobody gives 2 shits about BH, save for his fan base. And that's not meant as a knock on BH. It is what it is. It's like saying Nels Cline really gets emphasized a lot in the media because I saw a few interviews with him? earlier this year on MTV

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2005, 10:59:06 PM »

I still think BHs parts will be on CD

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2005, 12:16:27 AM »

It certainly is disheartening reading these types of interviews. Being in Guns should be the pinnacle of these guys careers, the main focus of their musical existance. Instead, they talk about it in a very ho-hum fashion.
Is this what Guns has come to? There was a time when the very name itself had respect, honour and any guitarist, drummer etc.. it would a dream to be associated with that name
I don't blame the musicians BTW, it is a natural reaction to the situation at hand

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2005, 12:58:19 AM »

Jimmy, great point. I'm also getting sick of the 'we're doing it for the money' comments. I dont give a fuck if its a joke or not. They shouldn't even be joking about it, there's nothing funny about the situation. GNR is fast becoming a satire of a rock band, and these "hired guns" are helping it become that. If the comments they say were made in GNR 12 or 13 years ago, Axl would have fired the person who said it. But he lets these goons say it on a continuous basis. Pretty sad.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2005, 01:20:33 AM »

Jimmy, great point. I'm also getting sick of the 'we're doing it for the money' comments. I dont give a fuck if its a joke or not. They shouldn't even be joking about it, there's nothing funny about the situation. GNR is fast becoming a satire of a rock band, and these "hired guns" are helping it become that. If the comments they say were made in GNR 12 or 13 years ago, Axl would have fired the person who said it. But he lets these goons say it on a continuous basis. Pretty sad.

I'd like to compliment Falcon for talking so much sense in a thread filled with stuff like this.

Honestly jameslofton, look at what you just wrote. "Axl would have FIRED the person"... So you're saying Axl hires people? and then delivers them paycheques?  If that's the case, then maybe Brain wasn't joking in the interview (and if this WAS the case, the fact that Axl turned GN'R into a business is what's "Pretty sad", not the fact that band members are making jokes).

So either these "goons" are in it purely for the money, or they are serious about the band and like to take the piss out of people who think they are only in it for the money... and we have you bitching either way.

I prefer Brain's sarcastic "I'm in it for the money" replies than Tommy's "It's a hair's breadth from being released".
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2005, 01:38:22 AM »

I'd like to compliment Falcon for talking so much sense in a thread filled with stuff like this.

Honestly jameslofton, look at what you just wrote. "Axl would have FIRED the person"... So you're saying Axl hires people? and then delivers them paycheques?? If that's the case, then maybe Brain wasn't joking in the interview (and if this WAS the case, the fact that Axl turned GN'R into a business is what's "Pretty sad", not the fact that band members are making jokes).

So either these "goons" are in it purely for the money, or they are serious about the band and like to take the piss out of people who think they are only in it for the money... and we have you bitching either way.

I prefer Brain's sarcastic "I'm in it for the money" replies than Tommy's "It's a hair's breadth from being released".

it's absolutley the case that they are hired employees and rightfully as professionals are motivated by earning a living

I did make reference in my point that I dont blame them

I guess my point was, rather nostalgically I remember a time when Guns were so huge and legendary that if youi were a member that came in (say Gilby, Matt or Dizzy) you could sense it was an awe inspiring thing for them and rightfully so....soo... I just dont sense that from these new guys, being in Guns N' Roses man, that should be the ultimate but these guys are more focused on their other projects which is totally understandable given the way this 'project' has been run by Axl

I guess i'm just pining for that time when then name Guns N' Roses evoked a reaction other than ridicule or indifference

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2005, 02:19:03 AM »

Wasnt Buckethead pretty much the sole lead guitar player for more then a year while Finck was back with NIN?? Huh

As of November 1999 there was no replacement for Robin and Axl wasn't even mentioning Bucket at that point. Im pretty sure Bucket join early 2000, not too long before Robin came back to guns.

He joined during the spring of 2000. 'Freese out, Buckethead in', how MTV reported it.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2005, 02:55:44 AM »

I guess i'm just pining for that time when then name Guns N' Roses evoked a reaction other than ridicule or indifference

I understand, the problem isn't Brain's sarcastic comments though... It's that there is no new album & tour.  I'm sure these guys are passionate about being in GN'R (whether they are 'hired guns' or not), but it's hard to show that when you're wrapped up in side projects waiting for the green light on the album.  Plus they have their gag orders and get asked GN'R questions they just can't answer...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2005, 06:16:49 AM »

I'm still positive about the guy.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2005, 06:34:07 AM »

I think basically being a member of Guins has gone from being a life to simply being a job - earn some extra cash and recognition while your doing your solo projects. I dont think any of the new members would be massivly gutted if they got fired or left Guns - apart from the lack of money - thats the differance nowerdays i feel.

Riot In Everyone!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2005, 08:07:05 AM »

I think basically being a member of Guns has gone from being a life to simply being a job
I couldn't have said it better. It's just a business. With the old band, it was something real. Guns n' Roses was their life. It was their own baby. Now it's just a "project" among others.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 08:11:37 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2005, 10:45:34 AM »

Now that I think about it , bucket joined xmas 1999. Before the new year (2000) rang in. Axl had him at his house and gave him a leatherface doll , a rare one and in buckets own words "in the head , joined that moment."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 03:53:17 PM by Saul » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: