Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:51:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Brain Interview.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Brain Interview.  (Read 34565 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2005, 10:33:36 PM »

I know I will always wonder "what would this song/solo had sounded like with buckets parts?" but for me , I'm a hardcore Bucketfan so thats to be expected from my type I guess.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2005, 10:40:41 PM »

Another mistake with BH departure is when(if) CD is released, everyone will wonder if the album would have been even better if BH had been on it. This will forever tarnish the album's legacy. Just wait and see.

I think everyone is waaaaayyyy to strong a term. ?No doubt those who've followed every move (or lack thereof) will have some reservations (or not) less Big B but the run of the mill fan (who far outnumbers the diehards) won't care one way or the other. ?Hell, most fans have no clue who BH is and for that matter, have no clue who's in GNR from one day to the next.

This album has always been and will always be about Axl Rose, it's legacy will be decided based on his vision, not the players who helped him bring his vision to completion.

Just my 2 cents..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2005, 11:24:30 PM »

I hope axl had fortus and fink redo ALL Bucketheads parts.  I liked BH but he dicked Axl over so f him! 
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2005, 12:46:05 AM »

It seems to me that Buckethead has removed himself from the GNR situation entirely , he doesnt/wont mention it , not in the press (which he really seldom does anyways) , not on his website (his own forum still wont allow GNR discussion) and not on his own media releases IE: the secret recipe DVD has no GNR footage or any mention , no matter how brief , that Buckethead was ever a member of GNR .. and the DVD covers everything else he ever did.

After reading this, i dont believe anymore that Buckets staying on the album. It appears Bucket has no interest whatsoever with GNR now or later.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2005, 12:51:25 AM »

I don't think they are there either. It would explain the latest black hole of time. Would Finck be copying Bucket's parts or redoing them entirely? Would bucket still get writing credits?

Apparently Axl's voals are stilll incomplete if the band can be believed.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2005, 01:07:52 AM »

Falcon, EVERYONE will question how it could've been with him included. Why? Well, you have us, the hardcore, who will bring this issue up immediately. Alot of casual fans will see us discussing this, and wonder the same thing. The big reason, is of course, the MEDIA. Every new article will mention Buckethead. Every single review of CD is going to mention Buckethead in some way, at least commenting that he was in GNR for years and his work doesn't show up on CD. Whether you guys like it or not, Buckethead's name will forever be linked to Chinese Democracy.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2005, 01:18:28 AM »

I have a question: If Buckethead's parts are not going to be on CD, would this make his gag order null and void? This could be the reason we get no real info from anybody about whether he's on it or not. Buckethead could literally "spill the beans".

how could he literally spill the beans? Huh

anyway, you people put too much into everything. just wait and see, it will be worth the wait and this band has already proven it's chemistry and axl seems happy with it. personally i've decided that i don't care whether buckethead's parts are on chinese democracy or not. i don't know whether axl wants to keep parts from the various musicians he's worked with over the years on the album or not, but having an album with mainly the current band playing on it would be cool.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2005, 01:31:45 AM »

besides, i'm eager to see what finck and fortus can do, especially finck. always liked that guy. Cool

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2005, 09:29:13 AM »

Whether you guys like it or not, Buckethead's name will forever be linked to Chinese Democracy.

Sure it will,, but as a footnote.  Never as a major part of mainstream GNR history by any means. 

Big B might get sentence or 2 in the numerous reviews that will surface when and if but there will be no columns/articles/stories contemplating "what might have been".  That is if his parts are indeed stripped...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2005, 09:40:13 AM »

nobody cares of buckethead. The man has absolutely zero media attention potencial. he looks ridiculous, he never speaks, he is as cold as an iceberg, he has as much emotion as a serial killer. look, the guy has been in the music business for almost 20 years and he is still an unknown person.

Buckethead was a mistake. The man is not made to play in a rock band. now let's turn the page.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 09:42:40 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2005, 09:43:23 AM »

I really don't think Buckethead's parts are staying on Chinese Democracy for the simple reason that, if they do, there will be three guitarists (except Axl if he decides to do major parts) playing on CD. With that in mind, how can two guitarists (Finck and Fortus) play three guitarists parts live, unless there is going to be a replacement for Buckethead eventually. So either Buckethead's parts are taken off of CD or GnR will have to replace him for the tour.
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2005, 09:47:43 AM »

nobody cares of buckethead. The man has absolutely zero media attention potencial. he looks ridiculous, he never speaks, he is as cold as an iceberg, he has as much emotion as a serial killer. look, the guy has been in the music business for almost 20 years and he is still an unknown person.

Buckethead was a mistake. The man is not made to play in a rock band. now let's turn the page.

i agree, but he did draw some media attention. whether he was right for guns n' roses is another thing.

I really don't think Buckethead's parts are staying on Chinese Democracy for the simple reason that, if they do, there will be three guitarists (except Axl if he decides to do major parts) playing on CD. With that in mind, how can two guitarists (Finck and Fortus) play three guitarists parts live, unless there is going to be a replacement for Buckethead eventually. So either Buckethead's parts are taken off of CD or GnR will have to replace him for the tour.

i've thought about that myself, his parts will probably be taken off as they will be touring, and who wants an album with major contributions from a person who's used your generosity anyway. i hope finck and fortus handle the guitar parts themselves, unless they choose to find a third guitarist, which is anyone's guess if they will do. but it seems like it's not likely at the moment.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2005, 10:09:57 AM »

I put in my 2 cents that they are not stripped. 
Why?  The timing and Axl's words in regard to BHs contribution.

This album has always been and will always be about Axl Rose, it's legacy will be decided based on his vision, not the players who helped him bring his vision to completion.

Just my 2 cents..

So it might be for you, diehards. Or for the media n for the industry.
But General Music fans aren't attached to guns n roses or Axl Rose in that way.
What they care most is the outcome. The albums and the shows.
By whom n how are just of subsidiary importance for them.
The same is true with the potential fans in the world.
Taken in the mass, they are the majority that move the mountain.

And Axl himself is saying this is not an Axl Rose project.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2005, 10:14:28 AM »

Falcon, this is the first time we've had a hint that Buckethead might not be on CD. Very troubling comment, even though he gave a very simplistic response to the question. Its easy to read between the lines. If its true, Nov.29 can be thrown out the window.

Do you expect the music he recorded for the album to stay on the album? Most of us worry
that we will never hear what he recorded for the album.

Brain - So do I.

Sounds more to me like Brain doesn't really know. So don't take too much from that. Either way, it's been a while since BH left, who knows what work has been done.
Yes. at the same time
Sound more to me like it's Brain's way to say  "That would be telling, love" peace
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2005, 11:16:53 AM »

....Or for the media n for the industry.

Right or wrong, those are the 2 main contributors who indeed shape the legacy, not "General music fans".?

I'm aware of that.

I was merely saying the musicians used to help see his musical vision through are not the one's who will be held responsible for the perception of the quality of the finished product.?

That praise or ridicule will fall squarely on the shoulders of Axl Rose.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2005, 11:49:28 AM »

....Or for the media n for the industry.

Right or wrong, those are the 2 main contributors who indeed shape the legacy, not "General music fans". 

They might have been. Nowadays People don't dance for them as easy as they used to.
Also if you take a long view of it, they haven't been always calling the tunes.

I'm aware of that.

I was merely saying the musicians used to help see his musical vision through are not the one's who will be held responsible for the perception of the quality of the finished product. 

That praise or ridicule will fall squarely on the shoulders of Axl Rose.
True.
The Representative/ leader/ producer always bears the responsibility.
It's like a film and the director.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2005, 12:18:26 PM »

Not true. Bucket can play rock n roll quite well. Just take his playing on "Nightrain" He totally improved that song. He took a song that was allready awesome and made it that much better with his playing. You just need to stay out of slash's ass  ok
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2005, 03:33:04 PM »

Speak for yourself allready. Alot of people care about Bucket and thats pretty obvious seeing as to how many people still talk about him and wish he was back. If Axl didnt think Buckethead was "right" for GNR he wouldnt have tried so hard to get him to join or acted so disapointed when he left.

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2005, 03:44:16 PM »

Certainly there are people who care about Brain, buckethead and the other "new gnr" guys but honestly they are just an instrument for Axl, kinda the same situation with NIN's vocalist Trent Reznor. One (Buckethead) is already gone, its just a matter of time before the others leave the band or get fired.

By the way, The same brain said: GNR is a band as long as he gets paid, so what can "WE" real Guns N Roses fans, expect from that kinda of people? ... Nothing in my case...

I want you to save Gnr Slash... 

(6);----.-----,-------.----------
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2005, 03:54:39 PM »

Certainly there are people who care about Brain, buckethead and the other "new gnr" guys but honestly they are just an instrument for Axl, kinda the same situation with NIN's vocalist Trent Reznor.

Trent's situation is much more self reliant, he does not need anyone else to see his creative vision through in a studio setting...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: