Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:33:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Brain Interview.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Brain Interview.  (Read 34646 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2005, 04:08:58 PM »

Certainly there are people who care about Brain, buckethead and the other "new gnr" guys but honestly they are just an instrument for Axl, kinda the same situation with NIN's vocalist Trent Reznor.

Trent's situation is much more self reliant, he does not need anyone else to see his creative vision through in a studio setting...

since he can write the music all by himself.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2005, 04:09:52 PM »

Certainly there are people who care about Brain, buckethead and the other "new gnr" guys but honestly they are just an instrument for Axl, kinda the same situation with NIN's vocalist Trent Reznor. One (Buckethead) is already gone, its just a matter of time before the others leave the band or get fired.

By the way, The same brain said: GNR is a band as long as he gets paid, so what can "WE" real Guns N Roses fans, expect from that kinda of people? ... Nothing in my case...

I want you to save Gnr Slash... 

(6);----.-----,-------.----------

Hey , wake up .. 1993 ended 12 years ago. Slash has a new band now , it's called Velvet Revolver. He seems very happy with that new band , let it go allready!

Theres a huige difference in the new GNR lineup then NIN .. in NIN Trent usually writes and records everything then brings "touring" members on board .. from every report we've heard thus far Axl has given each and every member a full and open chance to add to , change and record what they all feel best suits the song. Theres 8 members all adding their own voice to every track.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2005, 04:11:18 PM »

Carlos they might be just instruments for you. Not for Axl. Read his interviews.

And ever heard of joke?
How many times should he repeat the same one to make you smile?
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2005, 04:17:29 PM »

from every report we've heard thus far Axl has given each and every member a full and open chance to add to , change and record what they all feel best suits the song. Theres 8 members all adding their own voice to every track.

How do you know that man, Chinese democracy, hasnt been released so far... and I believe that Bucketheads parts in the album have been redone, just like izzy's in TSI, and,  I read that axl is the kind of person that doesnt allow "contributions" just like he did with Slash,  and finally we have to recognize that Axl is complete just with slash. Its just my opinion anyway.

(6);---.------,--------.--------
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2005, 04:41:49 PM »

from every report we've heard thus far Axl has given each and every member a full and open chance to add to , change and record what they all feel best suits the song. Theres 8 members all adding their own voice to every track.

How do you know that man, Chinese democracy, hasnt been released so far... and I believe that Bucketheads parts in the album have been redone, just like izzy's in TSI, and,  I read that axl is the kind of person that doesnt allow "contributions" just like he did with Slash,  and finally we have to recognize that Axl is complete just with slash. Its just my opinion anyway.

(6);---.------,--------.--------

How do I know that? havent you read the interviews with the band members? They've all been asked , if not forced , to put their own stapm into every song. This has been told over quite a few times by Tommy and Dizzy and Axl himself spoke of it during interviews while on the 2002 tour.

As for axl being "complete" only with slash ... lol , you are right .. that is just an opinion. Some may share that opinion , personally I do not.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2005, 05:47:44 PM »

I know you guys hate buckethead because he left, but his name is going to be brought up on a consistent basis. It will be interesting to see Axl's reaction to this when CD comes out. and IF CD sucks, Axl's gonna hear the word Buckethead more than he ever heard the word Slash. I'll say it again: Axl's making a HUGE mistake by deleting his parts. Axl should at least have Buckethead on a couple of songs so Buckethead's aura wont be hanging over CD.

badapple81
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2005, 06:12:39 PM »

I know you guys hate buckethead because he left, but his name is going to be brought up on a consistent basis. It will be interesting to see Axl's reaction to this when CD comes out. and IF CD sucks, Axl's gonna hear the word Buckethead more than he ever heard the word Slash. I'll say it again: Axl's making a HUGE mistake by deleting his parts. Axl should at least have Buckethead on a couple of songs so Buckethead's aura wont be hanging over CD.

So we can compare the two BH-included songs to the rest?
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2005, 06:13:21 PM »

we dont even know his parts have been erased?  Huh

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2005, 06:21:38 PM »

... and IF CD sucks, Axl's gonna hear the word Buckethead more than he ever heard the word Slash.

I dig BH as much as anyone but there is no way, no how and no chance in hell Axl"s "gonna hear the word Buckethead more than he ever heard the word Slash." CD sucking nonwithstanding.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2005, 06:27:39 PM »

Gunner, you're missing the point entirely. By not having Bucket on the album, Axl opens up a dangerous can of worms. Buckethead will be thrown in his face constantly. They'll say stuff like," He was in the band for years. Why isn't he on the album?, Did you erase his parts because he left and risk lowering the quality of your album over a grudge?, Its a good album Axl, but I can only imagine how great it would've been if Buckethead was on it." Axl will hear this shit alot. Every conversation with the media will eventually take this direction. And I can see the reviews now: "Catcher in the Rye is a brilliant song, but only a glimpse of brilliance. We can only imagine how haunting it would have been had we been allowed to hear Buckethead's contribution". This is going to happen. I just thought if Axl left his work on some songs he could avoid this 'Buckethead nightmare' scenario. If Axl doesn't take this advice, I can easily see him walking off from many interviews.

Warren
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2005, 07:01:46 PM »

Certainly there are people who care about Brain, buckethead and the other "new gnr" guys but honestly they are just an instrument for Axl, kinda the same situation with NIN's vocalist Trent Reznor. One (Buckethead) is already gone, its just a matter of time before the others leave the band or get fired.

By the way, The same brain said: GNR is a band as long as he gets paid, so what can "WE" real Guns N Roses fans, expect from that kinda of people? ... Nothing in my case...

I want you to save Gnr Slash...?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?(6);----.-----,-------.----------

Hey , wake up .. 1993 ended 12 years ago. Slash has a new band now , it's called Velvet Revolver. He seems very happy with that new band , let it go allready!

Theres a huige difference in the new GNR lineup then NIN .. in NIN Trent usually writes and records everything then brings "touring" members on board .. from every report we've heard thus far Axl has given each and every member a full and open chance to add to , change and record what they all feel best suits the song. Theres 8 members all adding their own voice to every track.

I'm really looking forward hearing Pittman's, Reed's, Fortus', Stinson's, Finck's and Mantia's creativity on CD ! It's such a thrill seeing what Guns N'Roses has become ! rofl
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2005, 07:20:54 PM »

Gunner, you're missing the point entirely. By not having Bucket on the album, Axl opens up a dangerous can of worms. Buckethead will be thrown in his face constantly. They'll say stuff like," He was in the band for years. Why isn't he on the album?, Did you erase his parts because he left and risk lowering the quality of your album over a grudge?, Its a good album Axl, but I can only imagine how great it would've been if Buckethead was on it." Axl will hear this shit alot. Every conversation with the media will eventually take this direction. And I can see the reviews now: "Catcher in the Rye is a brilliant song, but only a glimpse of brilliance. We can only imagine how haunting it would have been had we been allowed to hear Buckethead's contribution". This is going to happen. I just thought if Axl left his work on some songs he could avoid this 'Buckethead nightmare' scenario. If Axl doesn't take this advice, I can easily see him walking off from many interviews.

All of this is your opinion. My opinion is the press care about Axl. ?People will be clamoring to speak to Axl. ?Where he's been, how long he's been working on the album, if he was abducted by aliens etc . ?The press are not gonna concern themselves about Buckethead. ?My opinion of you is dropping with every post you make. ? Your out there man.? Don't end your opinions with a "this is going to happen", really.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 07:24:04 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2005, 07:35:45 PM »

Thorazine, of course there's gonna be alot of those questions. He will be asked about his disappearance in every interview. He's probably already got a scripted response to those types of questions. Axl's life over the past 12 years will be the main issues. But there will be questions about buckethead. There is no doubt about that. Axl ensured this line of questioning with his 'taking it to the next level' with Buckethead's departure.

Warren
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2005, 07:38:34 PM »

Be sure that nobody in the press gives a shit about Buckethead. They hardly give a shit about Axl... Undecided
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2005, 07:46:04 PM »

Pepe, they do give a shit. The only reason you never hear about Axl and GNR is because they dont do anything. When CD is released, there will be so many magazines and news shows begging Axl for interviews he will have to turn most of them down. Axl's the most intriguing person of our generation, the media is just waiting for 'Round 2' to begin.

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2005, 08:01:39 PM »

Be sure that nobody in the press gives a shit about Buckethead. They hardly give a shit about Axl... Undecided

you must never notice that when the media discuss the new lineup that always put extra emphasis on Buckethead?

And when MTV were doing the feature on GNR during the 2002 tour who did Loder interview on TV? Finck? Fortus? Nope , Buckethead.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2005, 08:09:14 PM »

Out of all the questions Axl will contend with if/when CD is released, an educated guess would say Big B inquiries will be near the bottom of the list, if on the list at all. ?Especially if BH doesn't appear on the final product. ?Obviously, that's subject to change if Buck's parts remain intact but if they are indeed stripped, forget about it.

Hell, as far as GNR goes, Paul Huge has played a more significant role in GNR history than BH has to date...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2005, 08:13:14 PM »

Wasnt Buckethead pretty much the sole lead guitar player for more then a year while Finck was back with NIN?  Huh

Warren
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2005, 08:15:47 PM »

Out of all the questions Axl will contend with if/when CD is released, an educated guess would say Big B inquiries will be near the bottom of the list, if on the list at all. ?Especially if BH doesn't appear on the final product. ?Obviously, that's subject to change if Buck's parts remain intact but if they are indeed stripped, forget about it.

Hell, as far as GNR goes, Paul Huge has played a more significant role in GNR history than BH has to date...

I agree. Buckethead has already been forgotten by the media as a nugnr member.

On the contrary, Slash is still in everybody's minds... And for a long time ! Wink
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2005, 08:19:46 PM »

I agree. Buckethead has already been forgotten by the media as a nugnr member.

On the contrary, Slash is still in everybody's minds... And for a long time ! Wink

You do realize that Slash is in a "big name" band now with other "big name" musicians right?

The press didnt really heap lots of praise on slash when he was doing his snakepit thing.  Roll Eyes

Oh , btw .. which member of the "nugnr" are the media actually talking about? Fortus? Finck?  .. I'll tell you .. nobody.  ok

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: