Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:02:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did AXL say something when OMG was released ???
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did AXL say something when OMG was released ???  (Read 3769 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: July 17, 2005, 04:38:03 PM »

I don?t remember

did Axl or someone in GNR said something about the music? the lyrics ??

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 04:57:27 PM »

there's an official statement where he talks about the lyrics briefly. can't find it tho.

Blame Canada!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 05:03:24 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=170

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 05:07:36 PM »

He issued a huge statement about it.....he said :
The chorus deals with the social repression of deep and often agonising emotions-some of which may be accepted for one reason or another.......
Also he said Former member DUFF and former employee MATT failed to see its potential and showed no interest exploring it let alone recording it.......later he says when the demos where played to the new band including Josh ,tommy and robin,they were all over it..
Thats not all he says but its too much to type but he ends his statement with ,Power to the people,peace outand blame canada.- AXL. beer

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 05:29:18 PM »

cool
I think I remember reading this

but Axl speak only to this guy at MTV?? or for others rock n roll magazines too??

ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 05:46:20 PM »

oh i remember when omg came out, I was living abroad at the time in a thrid world country cause of my dads job and my parents brought the cd back to me on a trip back home to the states they went.  I was so excited i listened to the song for a whole week, and only that song, ahh memories

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 06:14:24 PM »

Duff and Matt were right. The song had zero potential. It disappeared from the radio in the blink of an eye, turning a possible 99 GNR re-emergence into a joke. Good job, Axl!

badapple81
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 06:31:31 PM »

Duff and Matt were right. The song had zero potential. It disappeared from the radio in the blink of an eye, turning a possible 99 GNR re-emergence into a joke. Good job, Axl!

It wasn't even released as a single therefore wasn't supposed to get excessive radio play. There wasn't supposed to be a '99 GNR re-emergence'.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 06:58:16 PM »

If the song was well recieved i think Axl would have made a single out of OMG. But it was blasted by music critics and rightly so. I think it sounds like music from simcity2000.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 07:02:34 PM »

That ridiculous explanation of OMG was one of Axl's most embarrassing moments.

I've seen enough.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 07:06:43 PM »

The release of this song was a major mistake. He had disappeared for almost 6 years, and this is what he comes back with?? It was sad. I knew GNR was in big trouble when I heard this song. If he had released 'The Blues' in 1999, then the GNR timeline of 1999-2005 might be completely different.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2005, 07:20:39 PM »

Oh my god is a GREAT song.? It was just people were not used to it when it came out since it was different for guns.? Oh and mainstream radio did not like it. Big deal, look at what main steam music likes, shit like LB, liken park, and garbage like that.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2005, 07:29:47 PM »

Dave, OMG sucks! Interesting you mentioned how the music scene was at the time. OMG fit right in with all that shit, and people still didn't like it.

badapple81
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2005, 07:30:59 PM »

The release of this song was a major mistake. He had disappeared for almost 6 years, and this is what he comes back with?? It was sad. I knew GNR was in big trouble when I heard this song. If he had released 'The Blues' in 1999, then the GNR timeline of 1999-2005 might be completely different.

The same legal issues would have arisen, Axl probably would have been just as particular and thorough with making sure every note is how he wants it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2005, 07:39:16 PM »

Dave, OMG sucks! Interesting you mentioned how the music scene was at the time. OMG fit right in with all that shit, and people still didn't like it.

That is funny since most gnr fans on this board like oh my god. So you are in the miniorty. There was a poll about oh my god last  year and 70% of the people liked it.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2005, 07:53:23 PM »

Yeah, it is funny, and you just helped prove my point. If only 1000 people like a new GNR song, it quickly fades away into irrelevancy.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2005, 08:25:46 PM »

wasn't this the statement where he said something like "dive in and find the monkey'? rofl
now I think about it, I think that was when he announced Slash had 'resigned'.

can anyone explain what this 'monkey' comment meant, as i have always found it funny and intriuging?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2005, 08:27:20 PM »

Yeah, it is funny, and you just helped prove my point. If only 1000 people like a new GNR song, it quickly fades away into irrelevancy.

man shut up...Oh My God is a kick arse heavy song dude. I love it, the words are awsome n' have meaning, it WASNT a come back song or anything, for all we know its a bloody demo. It fits the film perfectly...........the song fuckin' rocks beer

why do you hat it so much, im mean really, i reckon it goes off, the music is filth man ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »

man shut up...Oh My God is a kick arse heavy song dude. I love it, the words are awsome n' have meaning, it WASNT a come back song or anything, for all we know its a bloody demo. It fits the film perfectly...........the song fuckin' rocks beer

why do you hat it so much, im mean really, i reckon it goes off, the music is filth man ok

to me, it sounds unfinished but has potential

the production is muddy and the sound veers too far off the GN'R sound for most fans to accept
I know GN'R have always been about evolving and diversity, but this one veers a little too far off the page in my view. Not to say that a more 'rock' version couldn't be kickass because as I say, it has some real nice parts

The song aint bad, I hope there are stronger songs in the vault tho'

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2005, 08:39:07 PM »

Jimmy, his 'monkey' comment was just more mindless ramblings. Just like 'Blame Canada' and 'Round One'. I've always wondered: What made Axl go off the deep end? He always seems to make such odd statements. The one that wins the prize of most idiotic comments is: "Live your life. If it doesn't come out, you wont have missed a thing". If that's true, then why did he hype it, and why did he tour?

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: