Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:58:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the LA weekly ad - EvaGNRAxlRosette
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: the LA weekly ad - EvaGNRAxlRosette  (Read 6516 times)
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« on: July 14, 2005, 10:44:02 PM »

i remember this ad back in 2001 and the petition for it, it was one of the most memorable and beautiful things done during this long wait. so i was wondering, eva, or anyone else for that matter, could you post up the whole ad as it was printet in the LA weekly? i've read it before but i don't remember everything it said, and in the picture i have seen of it the text is mainly too small to make out. could you post this up? in this times of pessimism and negativism, it would be cool to see that ad again. Cool thanx.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 10:50:09 PM »

I think we should get together with all the other message boards, have one person in charge that everyone can trust

and people donate through Pay Pal and we take out a huge full page ad in the LA Times asking Axl to come back etc etc etc

a huge letter of support etc

I think it would be cool

and then put from all the different websites that contribute

probably leave out GNRsucks.com, wouldnt want that in the newspaper.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
conny
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 11:06:35 PM »

I liked the original ad a lot. Very good idea!  ok
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 11:09:14 PM »

I think we should get together with all the other message boards, have one person in charge that everyone can trust

and people donate through Pay Pal and we take out a huge full page ad in the LA Times asking Axl to come back etc etc etc

a huge letter of support etc

I think it would be cool

and then put from all the different websites that contribute

probably leave out GNRsucks.com, wouldnt want that in the newspaper.

I actually looked into it last November. It would cost $75,000

*edit*

Sorry I'm wrong the $70,000 was for the LA Times not the LA weekly.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 11:16:31 PM by chineseblues » Logged
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 11:10:36 PM »

Maybe I'm delirious from the long wait...but I think this is a great idea. ?

beer

OOPS, I just saw the $75,000 price tag.  Great, but not feasible.   Cry

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 11:16:46 PM »

Sorry I'm wrong the $75,000 was for the LA Times not the LA weekly.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 11:17:25 PM »

I donate 10 or 15 .... cents.  ok

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 11:53:49 PM »

Im in

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 01:10:19 AM »

Axl got choked up at one of the shows, the Vegas show that was never taped I believe when this was given to him.  The article is on some web page  I forget where tho.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 09:02:16 AM »

Axl got choked up at one of the shows, the Vegas show that was never taped I believe when this was given to him.  The article is on some web page  I forget where tho.

The Vegas shows , like all GNR shows , are taped.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 11:17:41 AM »

Axl got choked up at one of the shows, the Vegas show that was never taped I believe when this was given to him.? The article is on some web page? I forget where tho.

I was tallking about the vegas show that was not taped.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 11:20:32 AM »

I was tallking about the vegas show that was not taped.

all 3 vegas shows were taped.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 11:32:58 AM »

axl reads these message boards. why don't i save us a sizeable chunk of change...

....AXL COME BACK!!

Or, you could just give me the 75k.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 12:09:06 PM »

I think this is a great idea, don't get me wrong and I think that the support would make Axl feel unbelievably loved by his fans BUT..there's that but....I hate the fact that we would have to donate money to get him to come back.  I love him and I want him to resurface just like you all but I can't see spending 75,000 dollars to do it Shocked   I mean he should ignore the negative on the board and look at the positive, doesn't matter what we post about this whole situation, we are all on here for Axl and he should know that, each and every forum dedicated to him and to GNR....isn't that enough??

I am prepared to get flamed Undecided

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 12:21:53 PM »

I think this is a great idea, don't get me wrong and I think that the support would make Axl feel unbelievably loved by his fans BUT..there's that but....I hate the fact that we would have to donate money to get him to come back.? I love him and I want him to resurface just like you all but I can't see spending 75,000 dollars to do it Shocked? ?I mean he should ignore the negative on the board and look at the positive, doesn't matter what we post about this whole situation, we are all on here for Axl and he should know that, each and every forum dedicated to him and to GNR....isn't that enough??

I am prepared to get flamed Undecided

I agree with you whole heartedly DTJ. I don't want to spend money to say welcome back GnR, cause it won't matter. Didn't that happen a few years ago when the 2002 was on? I didn't contribute to it but I thought that people put an add in the la paper

Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2005, 01:10:32 PM »

we should hold a big concert like Live 8 to raise money. then invite GN'R to play hihi

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2005, 01:17:21 PM »

Axl wouldn't show up, the excuse being that GNR cannot do a show without Buckethead. Using that excuse, its hard to believe the 87-93 era even occured.

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2005, 01:48:04 PM »

i remember this ad back in 2001 and the petition for it, it was one of the most memorable and beautiful things done during this long wait. so i was wondering, eva, or anyone else for that matter, could you post up the whole ad as it was printet in the LA weekly? i've read it before but i don't remember everything it said, and in the picture i have seen of it the text is mainly too small to make out. could you post this up? in this times of pessimism and negativism, it would be cool to see that ad again. Cool thanx.

thank you for the kind words regarding our efforts ?Smiley

here is a link to a scan of the ad: ?http://photobucket.com/albums/v85/gnraxlrosette/personal/?action=view&current=5d111d57.jpg

(any direct linking will kill the bandwidth quickly - so if anyone wants to repost it, please only post a link to it )

D, I had to smile at your enthusiasm... ? fans like you are the reason that we were able to put the ad together.... ? It can be done. ?

conny ?Kiss

Axl4prez & chineseblues.. .yeah, the price difference between the times and the weekly is about $72,000!
interestingly enough, i was contacted by the "New Times LA" who was interested in hosting the ad...
but it was decided to go with The LA Weekly because they have a history with GN'R....
I think they would love to do business with us Gunners again... they staff that i dealt with thought it was very cool.
(Had it run just one week before they would have placed it opposite Guns N' Roses full page ad for the Vegas shows.)
I think it would be kick ass if a furture fan tribute was timed for the album release advertisements - the weekly would likely place them on facing pages.

Dave... I know what you meant - that Hard Rock shows were not bootlegged. ?
I was in contact with some who surfaced years ago claiming to have an audio boot of the hard rock gigs...
when I asked for a sample he swore he had the audio... but interestingly enough he was only interested in trading for nudie pics! ?nervous LOL! ?

I think this is a great idea, don't get me wrong and I think that the support would make Axl feel unbelievably loved by his fans

ok

but, regarding your 'but'....
but....I hate the fact that we would have to donate money to get him to come back. ?I love him and I want him to resurface just like you all but I can't see spending 75,000 dollars to do it Shocked ?

it shouldn't be about gettng him to come back or trying to will him to resurface. ?I believe Axl and the guys already know they are wanted. Wink

It's about coming together as a group of fans and expressing ourselves in a way which we believe would be heard and that would demonstrate our support. ? The fact that the fans involved contributed money to do so, just means they felt it was worth it to do so. ?The LA Weekly Ad was not done to ask Axl or the band to do something. ?It was done to express ourselves. ?The fact that Axl (and the band) acknowledged it was a bonus. ?I and others involved have had wonderful personal experiences through our involvemenet. ?

I feel the only reason to do something like this (again) would be for the fans... ?to have an opportunity to express ourselves and to believe that it be recieved by the object and inspiration of our expression. ?Smiley

I've often thought that it would be very cool to extend a group "Congratulations" to GN'R ready to go for when the album is announced/released. ?I've heard of and heard from several fans who would be interested in supporting a project like this. ?

What do you guys think?

(and btw... it would not cost $75,000!! ? Tongue ?The cost of the ad in the LA Weekly in 2001 was less than $3,000 EDIT: i recalled incorrectly it was just under $3,200 Wink )

« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 08:31:13 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2005, 01:57:43 PM »

Your intentions are good, but its not gonna work. If constant posting in forums by his hardcore fans doesn't make a difference, neither is an ad in a newspaper.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2005, 02:05:08 PM »

Your intentions are good, but its not gonna work. If constant posting in forums by his hardcore fans doesn't make a difference, neither is an ad in a newspaper.

I have to agree with James here.  I applaud the intentions but Axl knows we are here and we celebrate him in a sense everyday.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: