Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:15:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  THE TRUTH about GN'R [NO, ONLY AN OPINION]
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE TRUTH about GN'R [NO, ONLY AN OPINION]  (Read 6498 times)
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« on: July 13, 2005, 01:25:16 AM »

WHEN A MODERATOR CHANGES THE SUBJECT OF YOUR THREAD, THERE'S PROBABLY A REASON FOR IT, SO NEXT TIME IF YOU DON'T WANT US TO DELETE YOUR THREAD, LEAVE IT CHANGED...

/CHRISTOS
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 03:39:50 PM by hartman » Logged

GNR forever !!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 02:28:54 AM »

so the songs are not good enough for who Axl ? the record company ?

cause if madagascar is not good enough, i wonder why we're given so much shit to listen (the vines, the wines, the zines, the strikes, the strokes, u2...)
anything that can seel is good for record company, even if axl was farting in the cd, the record companies would try and release it.

therefore the only situation left, is that the song are not good enough for axl ... perfectionism ?

but, hum, well, i dont think there is ONE big reason that explains it al. its a lot of little details, problems, issues that put cd on delay.
we'll just have to wait and listen to bootlegs from 93 or go to the swimming pool Smiley

Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 03:07:23 AM »

thanks for the truth

T.T.
?.?.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 03:17:54 AM »

Bleh. 'IRS' could be a big rock hit. Axl (and everyone else involved) knows that the songs they've allowed us to hear are insanely genius. It's not Axl's lack of faith in the material that's keeping it in the studio, it's Axl's lack of faith in people once he does decide to let it out. People are going to bash stuff no matter what, but Axl, unfortunately, doesn't have the ability to brush most comments off as rubbish. He's one of these that take every word like a bullet to the chest...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
estranged.1098
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 03:28:09 AM »

Blah blah blah let's stop pretending we understand people we don't know.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 04:01:18 AM »

I know this sounds quite an imature reply but 'what a dick you are'. Its like me trying to anaylise you mate, when I dont even know you! Dont try and preach to people something you know shit about! As I always say just try and stay a little more positive you negative person

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 04:03:43 AM »

IRS could be a Number 1 Hit. So could "the blues" and "madagascar".
"chinese democracy" (the song) could make a top 40, but isn't good enough for a Top 20.
rihad could make a top 10.

"silkworms" should never be released. That's the only "catastrophic" song with "oh my god" and "my world" ever made by Axl.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 04:24:33 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 04:50:04 AM »

This could be something some fans are not gonna accept easily, but you should better face the truth instead of fooling yourselves. If CD hasn't been released yet it's because the songs recorded so far aren't good enough.

U make it sound like some grand revalation

Obviously the reason Axl won't realise it is because he doesn't think its good enough. Whether his judgement is sound is besides the point.

Maybe he believes the songs will be and needs more time to fine tune them or maybe he's started all over again, i dunno, but its fairly obvious in Axl's mind atleast that the material is currently not good enough for a release.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 04:59:45 AM »

maybe theres only one copy and axl has put it in a little box marked "DUFFS SINGING TALENT" and now nobody can find it  rofl

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 05:16:43 AM »

he has it written under his skin...............victory or death
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 07:26:25 AM by snakepiter » Logged

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 05:58:16 AM »

i guesss it`s cool that someone gave us the unquestionable truth about gnr, i waited for this really long...........

anyway, we don`t know shit and what we`re doing here won`t help us in any way

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 07:44:59 AM »

This could be something some fans are not gonna accept easily, but you should better face the truth instead of fooling yourselves. If CD hasn't been released yet it's because the songs recorded so far aren't good enough.

Some people explain the delay by Axl's "perfectionism". They aren't totally wrong, but they aren't right either : Axl has realized that the material recorded so far isn't as good as AFD or even UYI. He has probably realized that doing a GN'R's record (including the songwriting process) without Slash and Izzy is something very difficult, maybe even impossible. (Can you see Mick Jagger doing a Rolling Stones' record by himself ?)

The situation right now is not that bewildering. It's not so hard to understand : Axl isn't satisfied with what he and his new band have done. And it is certain that the Geffen's side feels the same... (Not too much commercial potential in Silkworms, IRS, Rhiad or OMG, Geffen's bosses know that).

There is nothing special preventing a release, like emotional troubles or stuff like that. Axl may have mental problems (depression) but they are a consequence of CD being not good enough, they are not the reason for the delay. There is one thing that Axl really hates : failure. He prefers no release at all than mediocre sales or artistic failure.

Believe what you want, but as CD hasn't been released in 2005, I don't see why it would be in the future. Dark days ahead my friends, unless radical changes are made in GN'R's line-up... Axl, surrounded by yes-men (like D. Goldstein) lost the track at a certain point in the '90s.

A reunion wouldn't mean a defeat for Axl : if he succeeds in convincing Slash, Izzy and Duff to come back, he would pull off a master stroke !

Only his old friends could help him to bring Guns N'Roses back to life.

Peace.

Eh hem....

Just as point of reference:  This is your OPINION of GnR (and it's one based entirely on speculation and not one bit of evidence) rather than any sort of "Truth".

With that out of the way, the opinion is bunk.  Why, you ask?  Well, first off, the myriad of sources who have actually HEARD songs slated for CD completely disagree with you.  They all say the material if fucking brilliant, or some other appropriately fawning praise.  Second, while you're right about OMG, Rhiad, and Silkworms, you are completely WRONG about IRS.  You'll note, when reviewing the threads on that song, that most people are pretty impressed...and that's with a crappy quality demo.  In addition, you completely ignore Madagascar, The Blues, and CD...songs that have been widely praised, but that Axl insists are NOT singles off the new album...which means he doesn't even view those songs as their strongest material.  That speaks volumes.

I understand the frustration that arises from all the delays.  I understand the need to rationalize, justify, or just get antagonistic and ticked off because of the delays.  It's all good.  But here's a suggestion:  If you, in any way, really believe a third of what you posted above....stop coming to HTGTH...stop consuming GnR news...in general, stop WAITING.  It's obviously causing some adjada in your life, and, really, it's just a fucking album.  There's way better things to worry about and stress over in this world.  CD, no matter how good it may be, certainly ain't worth it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 10:38:42 AM »

I'm glad I know the truth now before I did something truly foolish.

Thanks for being the lifeboat of reason adrift amidst a sea of mistruth.  confused

Now register and expose yourself to ridicule on a personal level or go away. rant

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 11:22:40 AM »

I tend to agree.

The songs I've heard are good, not great. IRS had big potential, but hard to fairly judge, CD is good, and the rest....average. I'd still buy CD if it came out and wouldn't judge harshly, it doesn't have to be a masterpiece to be enjoyed.
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 11:39:21 AM »

IRS could be a Number 1 Hit. So could "the blues" and "madagascar".
"chinese democracy" (the song) could make a top 40, but isn't good enough for a Top 20.
rihad could make a top 10.

"silkworms" should never be released. That's the only "catastrophic" song with "oh my god" and "my world" ever made by Axl.

maybe because he didn't make it.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 12:16:53 PM »

IRS has potential and would have sounded really modern had it been released in the 90's, but now im not sure. Now its like im listening to something a few years old. The other songs besides Chinese Democracy i dont think are very good. CD also needed more work done to sound like a completed song.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 12:39:19 PM »

IRS has potential and would have sounded really modern had it been released in the 90's, but now im not sure. Now its like im listening to something a few years old.
there is no "old" or "new" music, there is good and bad music.
Besides, look at what's happening in Rock: for 2 or 3 years, there have been a reminiscence of the 60's/70's retro Rock with bands like the white stripes, the strokes, etc.. and they sell lots of records and have a good success. Your argument is not valid.

IRS sounds absolutely modern, and it's awesome the way it is.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 01:02:37 PM »

I hate to say this but from what I see posted, alot of us do believe the delay is because of Axls "perfectionism" and that he is still working on them.  With that said, yes it's all of our opinions by what we have read on the situation and what we have read and seen of Axl, none of it is fact as we don't personally know him.  Although, the conclusion would seem to fit.  So what this person has posted is really no different then what some of us already thought.  As far as a reunion, I personally believe it will never happen and I do agree that Axl would feel defeated in some way to not forefill what he wanted to accomplish with the new band and go to a reunion with the old band. 

As far as the songs... I love The Blues, Maddy and CD.   I even like OMG and I believe that IRS has potentional and I like it but I need to hear this song as whole and not 3 parts strung together with crappy quality. 

Rhiad and Silkworms, I will always stick by my opinion that those are the weakest songs.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 01:20:19 PM »

Yeah,  In '87 GN'R songs sounded ultra modern. That's what I've never heard so much of. smoking

I do agree that the new songs from the lives don't sound like the complete versions of them except the Blues n Maddy. They might be parts of huge ones. With All the unfinished touches, I love R&B and CD.

By the way, guest dude,
This place has frequent visits from people with Clairvoyance.
And one of them, Yoda says you wrote the last 2 lines first.
makane
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 01:57:22 PM »

Oh for fucks sake, i hope he releases it soon so we all can see if it's complete crap or some goods. or, he could tell press that he wont release it ever.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: