Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:26:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who got Axl to do GTA?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who got Axl to do GTA?  (Read 7537 times)
Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: July 11, 2005, 04:49:38 PM »

Does anybody know how they got him on there and why GnR management hasnt hired this guy to get axl and his music out? 

This is more of a humerous question cuz i would love to know how Axl decides what he wil do and wont do.
Outtagetme04
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 10:37:56 AM »

I imagine his money was running short and therefore had to do something, as Chinese Democracy is never gonna see the light of day.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 11:28:57 AM »

The guys at Rockstar know/knew Axl was a fan of the other GTA's.  He especially liked GTA:Vice City....and wondered, to a mutual aquaintance (note:  Look who released the GTA:Vice City and GTA:SA soundtracks), why Rockstar hadn't contacted him about using some GnR music in Vice City.  When the Rockstar guys heard that they immediately contacted Axl, through the aquainance, Sanctuary, and Interscope, to start a deal for GTA:SA.  That deal evolved into Axl doing Tommy Smith.

That's the way the story was told to me....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 12:16:53 PM »

And let me tell you how fucking awesome it is to hear Axl in this game. The game fucking rules (am currently playing it for the Xbox), and K-DST gets the majority of the airplay. Its awesome, and the one thing we don't talk about much in hear, is how funny Axl is. The dude has some good comedic timing. He's funny as shit as the DJ. Not as funny as what he is doing with Chinese Democracy but, he's funny in GTA. And, its really great hearing him.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 01:39:24 PM »

He talks for about a combined 40 seconds throughout the entire game.
joeyramone
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 03:11:43 PM »

my car got reposessed and i left seafood in the trunk...........
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 03:15:48 PM »

He talks for about a combined 40 seconds throughout the entire game.

better than him not being in there at all

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 03:27:20 PM »

I didn't care too much for the radio stations in San Andreas. they seem way more scripted and artificial, the Vice city ones are way better, they sound more natural, when Axl (or any of the DJ's) talks it sounds fake, like they are reading from a page, in Vice city they sound like real DJ's. Anybody else agree?

Some of the stuff he says is funny though,

may 3 favorites,

"I've said it before and I'll say it again ... all we need is a little patience"

"I tell you what, life is divided into 2 types of people, those who like and those who can go to hell"

"I remember singing that song on the way to put my wife down...just joking people, she survived"

GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 06:05:12 PM »

He especially liked GTA:Vice City....and wondered, to a mutual aquaintance, why Rockstar hadn't contacted him about using some GnR music in Vice City.?

If Axl really was a huge fan of 'GTA: Vice City' then surely he would be aware that the game was set in 1985, before GNR had released any music and that's why he wasn't contacted about GNR on the soundtrack.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 06:08:04 PM »

I didn't care too much for the radio stations in San Andreas. they seem way more scripted and artificial, the Vice city ones are way better, they sound more natural, when Axl (or any of the DJ's) talks it sounds fake, like they are reading from a page, in Vice city they sound like real DJ's. Anybody else agree?

Yes, definately. They do sound like theyre reading from a script, Axl even more than the others unfortunately, but maybe that's just cos I know it's uncle Axl  ok
And how irritating is that bitch on the 90's rock station?? Every time me and my friend play the game we cringe at the shit she comes out with  rant

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 03:20:27 PM »

Yes, definately. They do sound like theyre reading from a script, Axl even more than the others unfortunately, but maybe that's just cos I know it's uncle Axl? ok
And how irritating is that bitch on the 90's rock station?? Every time me and my friend play the game we cringe at the shit she comes out with? rant

Yeah they should have put WTTJ on the  Axl station. Then again maybe Axl objected to it...

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 04:19:19 PM »

Yes, definately. They do sound like theyre reading from a script, Axl even more than the others unfortunately, but maybe that's just cos I know it's uncle Axl  ok
And how irritating is that bitch on the 90's rock station?? Every time me and my friend play the game we cringe at the shit she comes out with  rant

Yeah they should have put WTTJ on the  Axl station. Then again maybe Axl objected to it...

The station Axl was voicing the DJ of was the classic rock station. The game itself is set in the early nineties so GNR fitted best on the contemporary station.

Elrothiel
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 05:01:33 PM »

Fuck! I love listening to K-DST! Its great hearing him! I love it! *horns* Its just a small thing, but I'm glad he did it. It makes him seem more like one of us... I don't know if any of you know what the hell I'm on about, but I do, and I'm saying it, and I'll shut up before I put my foot in my mouth.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 05:50:03 AM »

Axl's appearance in this game was a huge letdown. I remember when it came out on PS2, everyone talked about it nonstop, like it was the greatest thing on earth. It recently came out on XBOX, I rented it, and everyone hyped it way too much. A very minor role. He should have been the host on a talk radio station, or actually been one of the characters in the game. You know who Axl would have been perfect as? That druggie that you help burn down his marijuana plants. Instead, we get to hear him talk for about 2 seconds every hour.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2005, 09:53:18 AM »

He especially liked GTA:Vice City....and wondered, to a mutual aquaintance, why Rockstar hadn't contacted him about using some GnR music in Vice City.?

If Axl really was a huge fan of 'GTA: Vice City' then surely he would be aware that the game was set in 1985, before GNR had released any music and that's why he wasn't contacted about GNR on the soundtrack.

And yet...it's still the story.

It's the story the Rockstar guys tell in public, as well.  And the one they've told in interviews.  And the one that the employees were told.

And, Live like a Suicide WAS released in '86...not TOO far off the mark.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2005, 05:41:16 PM »

For some reason I find the thought of Axl sitting around playing GTA to be very funny. I guess it's the fact that it's hard to believe that someone like Axl would spend time playing video games like everyone else does. Maybe that's the reason Chinese Democracy has taken so long to be finished, Axl has spent all of his time trying to get 100% complete in GTA3 and Vice City. And with the size of San Andreas it could be another couple years before he finishes it.
badapple81
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2005, 06:04:55 PM »

Axl's appearance in this game was a huge letdown. I remember when it came out on PS2, everyone talked about it nonstop, like it was the greatest thing on earth. It recently came out on XBOX, I rented it, and everyone hyped it way too much. A very minor role. He should have been the host on a talk radio station, or actually been one of the characters in the game. You know who Axl would have been perfect as? That druggie that you help burn down his marijuana plants. Instead, we get to hear him talk for about 2 seconds every hour.

I think your expectations were a little high. A 'very minor role' is all he was ever going to have really. A cameo if you want to call it that. The game isn't about Axl Rose. I just think it's cool he is part of it at all.
MikeB
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2005, 12:35:06 AM »

You know who Axl would have been perfect as? That druggie that you help burn down his marijuana plants. Instead, we get to hear him talk for about 2 seconds every hour.
Yeah that would've been funny, but I don't like the game anymore, I hate the ghetto style and I hate the early 90's. So I 'm thinking about getting my 50 bucks back yes
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2005, 01:46:36 PM »

You know who Axl would have been perfect as? That druggie that you help burn down his marijuana plants. Instead, we get to hear him talk for about 2 seconds every hour.
Yeah that would've been funny, but I don't like the game anymore, I hate the ghetto style and I hate the early 90's. So I 'm thinking about getting my 50 bucks back yes

i knew it would be a weak game when i first saw it. If it was mafia based than that would be different.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2005, 01:50:03 PM »

Nobody gets Axl to do anything. If it's done, it's because he took a personal interest in it, period.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: