Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:10:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Are we jumping the gun?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are we jumping the gun?  (Read 7790 times)
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2005, 03:12:18 PM »

But GnR never reached out to the fans back in the day and that didnt stop thousands of people from going to their concerts or millions of people buying their albums a fan is fan ur there for the music i dont care about their personal lives or what it takes putting together an album i dont sit around listening to a song wondering hmm i wonder what kind of mixing process was this.

they didnt reach out to their fans? they had a fan club , they did many interviews , photo shoots and made TV appearances.

I think they reached out alot more then they do today. But then again , back then members of GNR were allowed to actually talk to the press about GNR things.?

Saul I was just thinking that reading the thread and you are totally right.  They did alot of what you have posted.  Even when they started the UYI tour, the albums weren't released yet they did many songs from it ok  I think that back then, they were totally in the public eye, giving info as they went along so this issue was never an issue back then.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2005, 03:15:40 PM »

Even before AFD "blew up" they were talking about how the next album would have a whiole different sound and different kinda songs , and I'll be damned if UYI werent just that!

And also , they talked about doing the lies album and TSI? long before they ever put them out , going at length to describe lies as an acoustic based album and TSI? as a covers album.

Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2005, 05:03:36 PM »

I agree with Saul when they had something to put out they did make appearances and performed but getting back to the present day outside of the VMA appearance what exactly do they have to perform but let me ask this question back in those days with the old gnr the band members didnt have other commitments in this day and age u have alot more members in bands coming and going and having other projects like Tommy with his solo stuff and dizzy with his own band slash, duff and izzy didnt have those other commitments back then.
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2005, 08:52:06 PM »

I hope you are right, but I can`t help but wonder why Axl doen`t let us know what is going on while his fans are patiently waiting.

I think if Axl doesnt get his act together, i think he will be loosing fans and not making them!!!
( not me of cource )
people are getting impatient, i think it would be nice for him to tell us what is going on...give us something to hope for, to wait for

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2005, 09:34:25 PM »

I hope you are right, but I can`t help but wonder why Axl doen`t let us know what is going on while his fans are patiently waiting.

I think if Axl doesnt get his act together, i think he will be loosing fans and not making them!!!
( not me of cource )
people are getting impatient, i think it would be nice for him to tell us what is going on...give us something to hope for, to wait for

All the Axl ultimatums expired at least two years ago. It still hasn't come out. For every, "if it doesn't come out this year, I'm outta here" , there is a fan changing his username and skulking back into the forum. The timeframe doesn't much matter anymore since we are two hours past never already. It will be out when Axl is ready and the milk turns sour. Well, maybe sometime that week.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2005, 09:37:46 PM »

Vector, you make a really good point. But we are definitely reaching the 'now or never' point. I really dont think the fanbase can withstand another few years of waiting.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2005, 09:59:46 PM »

I really can't see the band themselves waiting another few years.  Hopefully it will be this one.

check it out!!
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2005, 10:05:49 PM »

people have been waiting for like 8 years, i dont understand why he would let it take this long. he know's that we are anchious, on the ends of our seats waiting, but still he has made no effort. Now i love AXL and i will stand by him till the end, but yeah... time is running short, and i hope that his fans will stay with him and not give up.

FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2005, 11:58:13 PM »

people have been waiting for like 8 years, i dont understand why he would let it take this long. he know's that we are anchious, on the ends of our seats waiting, but still he has made no effort. Now i love AXL and i will stand by him till the end, but yeah... time is running short, and i hope that his fans will stay with him and not give up.

well if it's not ready then it's not ready, and i would rather have it ready than not. and time isn't running short, he's gonna deliver when it's done and people will still be all over it, trust me. i've gotten so used to the wait i don't even mind it anymore, i just look forward to the day it's released, it's like waiting for this album has become part of life. Cool

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2005, 12:41:52 AM »

well if it's not ready then it's not ready, and i would rather have it ready than not. and time isn't running short, he's gonna deliver when it's done and people will still be all over it, trust me. i've gotten so used to the wait i don't even mind it anymore, i just look forward to the day it's released, it's like waiting for this album has become part of life. Cool

waiting for the album shouldnt be apart of life. i agree when the album comes out people WILL be all over it, you may be patient and willing to wait for years but not everyone is like that!!
i have spoken to some fans and they are starting to loose hope there fore time is running short and people are starting not to care, cos they have been waiting to long as it is

FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2005, 04:44:31 PM »

This is why Axl referred to the internet as a trash can or garbage can i believe from rio 2001 because theres always rumors.  If there wasnt the internet we wouldnt be saying why has it taken so long cuz we wouldnt know why, the only time we would know something is when something came out on mtv or in a magazine and unless the source that is spreading rumors is reliable ie like something coming from gnr website or mtv or something u really do have to take em with a grain of salt.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2005, 05:17:13 PM »

This is why Axl referred to the internet as a trash can or garbage can i believe from rio 2001 because theres always rumors.  If there wasnt the internet we wouldnt be saying why has it taken so long cuz we wouldnt know why, the only time we would know something is when something came out on mtv or in a magazine and unless the source that is spreading rumors is reliable ie like something coming from gnr website or mtv or something u really do have to take em with a grain of salt.

I totally can see why he referred to the internet as a garbage can but it does keep him somewhat alive in our world.  We don't know why it's taking so long even with the internet sites hihi

check it out!!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2005, 05:31:30 PM »

August 15, what could possibly be going on to make it any more or any less ready?  There is no such thing as a perfect album and the pursuit of it is futile.  Which is what we are all seeing happen.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2005, 05:35:06 PM »

gilld, very good point. Isn't there a saying in the Bible(maybe another book) that goes something like this: If you try to please everybody, you wind up pleasing no one at all.

Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2005, 04:11:04 PM »

Im gonna agree with August because when you are so set in your mind like im sure Axl is in coming out with what he feels is the perfect album nobody is gonna change that mindset.  Why put out something if you dont think its as good as it can be, as insane as some of you may think he is he wants to have something that he is proud of not what we are proud of. Axl has always been the type that puts out music he wants to put out and if we like it thats great if not oh well so we have to accept the fact that he will put this out when he feels he is ready for it to come out and if there are peopel out there that dont like it then move on and dont stay on for the ride because the last thing id wanna see is people bash this guy then when the album comes out and it becomes a great album everyone jumping back on the bandwagon claiming they believed in him all along.
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2005, 04:22:45 PM »

Im gonna agree with August because when you are so set in your mind like im sure Axl is in coming out with what he feels is the perfect album nobody is gonna change that mindset.? Why put out something if you dont think its as good as it can be, as insane as some of you may think he is he wants to have something that he is proud of not what we are proud of. Axl has always been the type that puts out music he wants to put out and if we like it thats great if not oh well so we have to accept the fact that he will put this out when he feels he is ready for it to come out and if there are peopel out there that dont like it then move on and dont stay on for the ride because the last thing id wanna see is people bash this guy then when the album comes out and it becomes a great album everyone jumping back on the bandwagon claiming they believed in him all along.

excactly! i agree 100% with that. people like james lofton who spend 99% of their spare time at this board whining about axl while claiming to be "true" fans, well if you are then shut the fuck up and be happy axl is even making another guns album, as well as he has given us concerts with the old material which nobody really saw coming after ten years of silence. you people are destructive in your way of thinking. perhaps you should just come back when chinese democracy is released, that way you won't seem like such hypocrits when you bring your praise for axl and the album he's made.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2005, 05:27:10 PM »

August, in the words of Ronald Reagan,"There you go again"!! Why do you constantly refer to ma as whining and an "Axl basher"? You do it in threads that are discussing an entirely different topic, so why keep bringing my name up? Do you have some sick crush on me or something? I gave you a response to this shit you keep spewing, go read it in the 2 faced Axl bashers thread. Instead of posting about me in every thread, go read my post in the basher thread to get your jollies off.

providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2005, 12:21:57 AM »

I know by now how everyone on here feels like whats wrong with axl why doesnt he get his act together and put out this album we are now waiting for 10yrs in the making.? But is it possible if i recall a few years ago or something that there was enough songs put together for what like 3 albums worth could it be that there gonna have all the songs ready to go and then start releasing or maybe even a double cd similar to the illusions albums.? I know its been said a million times over that we do believe axl knows what hes doing and i think we have all come to far to give up on hiim now.

Well, I've never said Axl knows what he's doing. Quite the contrary. I don't think Axl has a fucking clue as to what he's doing, or what he plans to do. Furthormore, IMO, anyone who insists that Axl "knows what he's doing", isn't all there either, if you get my drift.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2005, 05:45:18 PM »

Im gonna agree with August because when you are so set in your mind like im sure Axl is in coming out with what he feels is the perfect album nobody is gonna change that mindset.  Why put out something if you dont think its as good as it can be, as insane as some of you may think he is he wants to have something that he is proud of not what we are proud of. Axl has always been the type that puts out music he wants to put out and if we like it thats great if not oh well so we have to accept the fact that he will put this out when he feels he is ready for it to come out and if there are peopel out there that dont like it then move on and dont stay on for the ride because the last thing id wanna see is people bash this guy then when the album comes out and it becomes a great album everyone jumping back on the bandwagon claiming they believed in him all along.

excactly! i agree 100% with that. people like james lofton who spend 99% of their spare time at this board whining about axl while claiming to be "true" fans, well if you are then shut the fuck up and be happy axl is even making another guns album, as well as he has given us concerts with the old material which nobody really saw coming after ten years of silence. you people are destructive in your way of thinking. perhaps you should just come back when chinese democracy is released, that way you won't seem like such hypocrits when you bring your praise for axl and the album he's made.

I thought we were past this in the other thread.   People like James and myself are fans that ARE annoyed by the wait doesn't mean we are whining.  I hate that because you are pissed off at bit that this album has been in the works since 1999 and still hasn't seen the light of day you are considered a whiner Shocked   That would be like me calling anyone who says wait and be patient, Axl can take his time, he will release it when he is good and ready.... Axl ass kissers.

check it out!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2005, 06:04:22 PM »

DTJ, I couldn't believe it when August brought my name up in this conversation, which had nothing to do with me or "bashing". It was truly pathetic. In another thread, August said he never called me a basher, and that he agreed with alot of the stuff I say, and then he starts his shit again. He should change his forum name to Contradiction. Maybe he's obsessed with me. DTJ, I got a stalker on my ass!! LMAO!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: