Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:28:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Are we jumping the gun?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are we jumping the gun?  (Read 7799 times)
Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: July 09, 2005, 06:30:57 PM »

I know by now how everyone on here feels like whats wrong with axl why doesnt he get his act together and put out this album we are now waiting for 10yrs in the making.  But is it possible if i recall a few years ago or something that there was enough songs put together for what like 3 albums worth could it be that there gonna have all the songs ready to go and then start releasing or maybe even a double cd similar to the illusions albums.  I know its been said a million times over that we do believe axl knows what hes doing and i think we have all come to far to give up on hiim now.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 06:35:24 PM »

I hope you are right, but I can`t help but wonder why Axl doen`t let us know what is going on while his fans are patiently waiting.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 06:42:21 PM »

Look at it this way. Lets say they did have three albums of material, and have taken the best 15 or so songs off those 3 albums and put them all on CD. That would be like gnr waiting til 1991 to release their first album and putting the best songs from AFD and UYI I and II on one album.  Thats how good this album could be.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 06:47:53 PM »

Do people ever start feeling silly speculating about this CD so much?
All these exact same topics were being brought up in '99 when the 3 album idea first came up.

That's almost 6 years ago...

I admire your patience though.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 06:57:06 PM »

yep , we're jumping the gun.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 07:32:22 PM »

Hopefully, Axl hasn't jumped the shark.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Sev
Opening Act

Gunner

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 09:52:23 PM »

All we need is just a little (or a lot) of patience.  And I don't think Axl has jumped the shark, but we'll just have to wait and see. 
Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 10:40:53 PM »

I just think we need to lay back relax and when something happens it happens and not get on axls case nobody knows exactly wahts going on one thing is for sure is that axls not doin this and then not follow thru with it GnR will live again.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 10:45:42 PM »

THATS IT,WOOOOOOOOOW.somebody finally seeing sense and trying too stop a topic from turning into a axl bashing contest before it does :-) .well said axl4pres

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 11:10:43 PM »

Did some of you think Axl was joking when he said at the VMAs not anytime soon.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2005, 09:19:54 AM »

Did some of you think Axl was joking when he said at the VMAs not anytime soon.

No , at that point I kinda figured he didnt really have an idea of what he wanted to do , who he wanted to do it with or when. As soon as those words came out of his mouth I realized it was time to take up knitting.

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2005, 09:23:24 AM »

Moby, while producer on CD back in 1999 told Axl that he he a finished album and should release it. As we know it didnt get released, why... i guess we will have to wait and find out. There must be thousands of songs locked away somewhere, hopefully one day we will hear some of them.

Jonx
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2005, 10:00:01 AM »

I've waited too long to give up but it is frustrating Undecided

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2005, 02:08:41 PM »

What i dont get is why we are so quick to jump down axls throat and say oh why doesnt he give us an update or let us know whats going on now i dont know if axl did anything like that for the illusions albums if someone knows that please let me know but if he didnt do it back then why would we think he would do that now as the old saying goes "everything happens for a reason" and i firmly believe that in this case.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2005, 02:13:05 PM »

What i dont get is why we are so quick to jump down axls throat and say oh why doesnt he give us an update or let us know whats going on

they have nothing better to do.  smoking

nah , maybe it's cause ALOT of bands reach out and talk to fans and let em know whats up , what down and whats sideways. Updates are your friend.

Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2005, 02:25:03 PM »

But has GnR ever been that type i dont recall them reaching out i mean why update us if theres nothing new is going on which is obviously the case.  I was at the MSG show in 02 and that was all the reaching out i needed he knows how to perform thats all i ask of him.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2005, 02:27:45 PM »

But has GnR ever been that type i dont recall them reaching out i mean why update us if theres nothing new is going on which is obviously the case.  I was at the MSG show in 02 and that was all the reaching out i needed he knows how to perform thats all i ask of him.

thats nice. some fans , especially in this day and age of the internet and easy communication , like to hear from their band , know how recording is going , what people are ACTUALLY members in their fav band etc etc

GNR dont HAVE to do these things , no , but it helps keeping a good relationship with your fanbase.

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2005, 02:29:54 PM »

just to add , imagine if gnr had a webcam set up in the studio like NIN did.

How cool would it be to be able to log in and watch them record?!  beer

Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2005, 02:35:01 PM »

But GnR never reached out to the fans back in the day and that didnt stop thousands of people from going to their concerts or millions of people buying their albums a fan is fan ur there for the music i dont care about their personal lives or what it takes putting together an album i dont sit around listening to a song wondering hmm i wonder what kind of mixing process was this.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2005, 03:00:34 PM »

But GnR never reached out to the fans back in the day and that didnt stop thousands of people from going to their concerts or millions of people buying their albums a fan is fan ur there for the music i dont care about their personal lives or what it takes putting together an album i dont sit around listening to a song wondering hmm i wonder what kind of mixing process was this.

they didnt reach out to their fans? they had a fan club , they did many interviews , photo shoots and made TV appearances.

I think they reached out alot more then they do today. But then again , back then members of GNR were allowed to actually talk to the press about GNR things. 

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: