Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:25:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  two faced axl bashers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: two faced axl bashers  (Read 16402 times)
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2005, 01:31:08 PM »

Well, lets see....I am not a true fan because I am frustrated with waiting....Please that is rediculous...  If anything, I AM the true fan that wants this man to succeed with this album he so proudly introduced to us.  I have their old music and I love there old music.  If anything I am NOT a blind AXL Worshipper because I don't sit around a shrine, blessing the very ground he walks on.  You guys are getting all worked up over the fact that it's taking a long time for the album to come out, I really don't understand the problem just because some of us voice that.   Just because he said, live your life and don't wait for it, you people quote that every time.    Geez, come to some other forums see the bashing alot worse than what you think I am bashing about.  The long wait is nothing compared some REAL axl bashing that I have seen.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2005, 01:55:11 PM »

I'm a two faced axl bashing double talking jive mithafucker!

whoop there I is.  ok

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2005, 02:11:50 PM »

Well, lets see....I am not a true fan because I am frustrated with waiting....Please that is rediculous...  If anything, I AM the true fan that wants this man to succeed with this album he so proudly introduced to us.  I have their old music and I love there old music.  If anything I am NOT a blind AXL Worshipper because I don't sit around a shrine, blessing the very ground he walks on.  You guys are getting all worked up over the fact that it's taking a long time for the album to come out, I really don't understand the problem just because some of us voice that.   Just because he said, live your life and don't wait for it, you people quote that every time.    Geez, come to some other forums see the bashing alot worse than what you think I am bashing about.  The long wait is nothing compared some REAL axl bashing that I have seen.

A true fan understands there are bumps in the road. A true fan is a fan through all the good times and bad, through all the activity and the inactivity. Therefore people who whine and complain about the band or the album are NOT true fans.  ok
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2005, 02:14:28 PM »

A true fan understands there are bumps in the road.

Problem is , the road seems to be washed out and closed down right now. No repairs or construction seem to be anywhere in sight.  nervous

Kitano
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2005, 02:20:08 PM »

Well, lets see....I am not a true fan because I am frustrated with waiting....Please that is rediculous...? If anything, I AM the true fan that wants this man to succeed with this album he so proudly introduced to us.? I have their old music and I love there old music.? If anything I am NOT a blind AXL Worshipper because I don't sit around a shrine, blessing the very ground he walks on.? You guys are getting all worked up over the fact that it's taking a long time for the album to come out, I really don't understand the problem just because some of us voice that.? ?Just because he said, live your life and don't wait for it, you people quote that every time.? ? Geez, come to some other forums see the bashing alot worse than what you think I am bashing about.? The long wait is nothing compared some REAL axl bashing that I have seen.

A true fan understands there are bumps in the road. A true fan is a fan through all the good times and bad, through all the activity and the inactivity. Therefore people who whine and complain about the band or the album are NOT true fans.? ok

This isn't a bump in the road. ?Just remember how long it's been since UYI was released. ?You really don't need to engage in hyperbole to bash Axl, you just need to tell the truth. ?Axl is to blame for the band falling apart. ?He is to blame for us not having an extra three GN'R albums in the past ten years. ?He is responsible for the best rock band in the world being turned into the punch line of a thousand jokes.

I've been a fan since AFD was released and I still listen to it and am constantly amazed by how good it is. ?However this does not take away from the fact that Axl has been the author of his own misfortunes and blind hero worship isn't going to change the fact that he is pissing his career away sitting in his mansion. ?He's in a rock band so he just needs to make some music.

The white stripes can make an album in a week, Axl should be able to do the same in a decade.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2005, 02:22:41 PM »

Problem is , the road seems to be washed out and closed down right now. No repairs or construction seem to be anywhere in sight.  nervous

You have to be joking right? Merck has said 2005 will be the year of GNR, all signs are pointing to the album being released later this year. We as fans are about to come to the end of all this waiting very soon. We should be getting an announcement within the next month or so, I think you can wait that long right?

This isn't a bump in the road.  Just remember how long it's been since UYI was released.  You really don't need to engage in hyperbole to bash Axl, you just need to tell the truth.  Axl is to blame for the band falling apart.  He is to blame for us not having an extra three GN'R albums in the past ten years.  He is responsible for the best rock band in the world being turned into the punch line of a thousand jokes.

I've been a fan since AFD was released and I still listen to it and am constantly amazed by how good it is.  However this does not take away from the fact that Axl has been the author of his own misfortunes and blind hero worship isn't going to change the fact that he is pissing his career away sitting in his mansion.  He's in a rock band so he just needs to make some music.

The white stripes can make an album in a week, Axl should be able to do the same in a decade.

Your forgetting its a totally different lineup now. CD is going to be a new era for GNR.

Axl wasn't the one who walked out on the band, hes not responsible for the old band breaking up either. Look to slash, duff etc for that ok
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2005, 02:25:58 PM »

You have to be joking right? Merck has said 2005 will be the year of GNR, all signs are pointing to the album being released later this year. We as fans are about to come to the end of all this waiting very soon. We should be getting an announcement within the next month or so, I think you can wait that long right?

Meh , I dunno. I dont see anything different this year then last year. People close to the band saying it's almost done , it will be out this year etc etc .. same thing every year really.

Maybe 05 will be the year , but I'll be shocked if it is. Every day that goes by with no news about the album or a release date is another day that makes 05 another wasted year.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2005, 03:06:01 PM »

Well, lets see....I am not a true fan because I am frustrated with waiting....Please that is rediculous...? If anything, I AM the true fan that wants this man to succeed with this album he so proudly introduced to us.? I have their old music and I love there old music.? If anything I am NOT a blind AXL Worshipper because I don't sit around a shrine, blessing the very ground he walks on.? You guys are getting all worked up over the fact that it's taking a long time for the album to come out, I really don't understand the problem just because some of us voice that.? ?Just because he said, live your life and don't wait for it, you people quote that every time.? ? Geez, come to some other forums see the bashing alot worse than what you think I am bashing about.? The long wait is nothing compared some REAL axl bashing that I have seen.

A true fan understands there are bumps in the road. A true fan is a fan through all the good times and bad, through all the activity and the inactivity. Therefore people who whine and complain about the band or the album are NOT true fans.? ok

I don't think I necessarily whine Chineseblues, I am just stating facts.  I am with Saul on this one, if 2005 is the year of the album release I too will be shocked but I will also be 100% behind Axl if it is.   Through the good and the bad, I have never turned my back on being a fan of Axl's.   Why must it be that if you are annoyed at the wait you're not a true fan?  If it never comes out what will you say then, if it's not going to be GNR's year, what will you say then?  Will you not be disappointed or upset or even a little bitter at the fact that Merck has stated this year and it might not come true...if you have these feelings, does that make you any less of an Axl or GNR fan?

check it out!!
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2005, 03:18:09 PM »

I don't think I necessarily whine Chineseblues, I am just stating facts.  I am with Saul on this one, if 2005 is the year of the album release I too will be shocked but I will also be 100% behind Axl if it is.   Through the good and the bad, I have never turned my back on being a fan of Axl's.   Why must it be that if you are annoyed at the wait you're not a true fan?  If it never comes out what will you say then, if it's not going to be GNR's year, what will you say then?  Will you not be disappointed or upset or even a little bitter at the fact that Merck has stated this year and it might not come true...if you have these feelings, does that make you any less of an Axl or GNR fan?

exactly. whenever axl puts this out I will buy a few copies and get behind him 110% and try and spread the word as much as possible. Until then I'll sit around the board and crack wise , hopefully garnering a cheap laugh or two along the way.  Grin

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2005, 04:21:12 PM »

what i find really amusing about all the haters is this: i've found that fans who are spew a lot of negativity about Axl do so because plain and simple they blame Axl for the demise of the original band and are pissed at Axl and just can't get over it.
they think he's a selfish asshole, etc.  ALOT of these same people also resent that Axl has refused to 'make up' with the guys and have a reunion...    They want the original line-up or at least Axl/Slash/Duff back together. 
They say "it's not GN'R without Slash!!" or some stuck in an even more distant pass:  "it's not GN'R without Izzy"..
Um... wouldn't this mean their having to work with the selfish asshole again?  Oh, but you're all willing to make that sacrifice...
in the name of 'the perfect band'.  Um.   So now we're getting closer. 

The haters are pissed at Axl because the truth they realize is that they need Axl to be in the band for it to be GN'R/ the perfect band.
Why are there not hordes of 'Axl lovers' bitching and wishing that Slash or Duff or Izzy was still with Axl.
Why are there not hordes of 'Axl lovers; bitching about how Izzy quit... how Slash quit... how Duff, too, quit?

Because us 'Axl lovers' don't feel we need 'em.
(yeah, that's right - you read that right! I'm an 'Axl lover' and proud of it! yes )
That's another thing that pisses off the bashers. 
It's like a form of penis envy  hihi

We 'got' Axl... we got our GN'R. 
but the axl bashers feel they've been robbed of their GN'R
(robbed by the same man they obviously feel they need to have in GN'R - where he's been since day one btw)

and hey, i don't expect anyone to whom this applies to fess up to it  Tongue
Kitano
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2005, 05:07:17 PM »

This isn't a bump in the road.  Just remember how long it's been since UYI was released.  You really don't need to engage in hyperbole to bash Axl, you just need to tell the truth.  Axl is to blame for the band falling apart.  He is to blame for us not having an extra three GN'R albums in the past ten years.  He is responsible for the best rock band in the world being turned into the punch line of a thousand jokes.

I've been a fan since AFD was released and I still listen to it and am constantly amazed by how good it is.  However this does not take away from the fact that Axl has been the author of his own misfortunes and blind hero worship isn't going to change the fact that he is pissing his career away sitting in his mansion.  He's in a rock band so he just needs to make some music.

Your forgetting its a totally different lineup now. CD is going to be a new era for GNR.

Axl wasn't the one who walked out on the band, hes not responsible for the old band breaking up either. Look to slash, duff etc for that ok

You really cannot blame them for leaving.  They wanted to make music.  Did anyone serious expect them to set around for an entire decade waiting for Axl?  That's the reason for the new line up, the other guys got sick of waiting on Axl.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2005, 05:30:01 PM »

You really cannot blame them for leaving.  They wanted to make music.  Did anyone serious expect them to set around for an entire decade waiting for Axl?  That's the reason for the new line up, the other guys got sick of waiting on Axl.

Dude you really don't know you're gnr history do you? Around 94/95 they were writing songs that were suppose to be the next gnr album. Slash wanted the songs to stay the way he wrote them and didn't want Axl to work on them at all. He didn't allow it to happen so Axl said "Im not doing these songs". He walked out on them (which was the right thing to do considering those songs became the snakepit material and we all know how much that stuff sucked.) We would have had another gnr album around 96 if Axl would have been allowed to work with the material. So if you want to blame someone for you not having another gnr album of new material after UYI, blame Slash cause he fucked it up.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2005, 06:33:50 PM »

what i find really amusing about all the haters is this: i've found that fans who are spew a lot of negativity about Axl do so because plain and simple they blame Axl for the demise of the original band and are pissed at Axl and just can't get over it.
they think he's a selfish asshole, etc.  ALOT of these same people also resent that Axl has refused to 'make up' with the guys and have a reunion...    They want the original line-up or at least Axl/Slash/Duff back together. 
They say "it's not GN'R without Slash!!" or some stuck in an even more distant pass:  "it's not GN'R without Izzy"..
Um... wouldn't this mean their having to work with the selfish asshole again?  Oh, but you're all willing to make that sacrifice...
in the name of 'the perfect band'.  Um.   So now we're getting closer. 

The haters are pissed at Axl because the truth they realize is that they need Axl to be in the band for it to be GN'R/ the perfect band.
Why are there not hordes of 'Axl lovers' bitching and wishing that Slash or Duff or Izzy was still with Axl.
Why are there not hordes of 'Axl lovers; bitching about how Izzy quit... how Slash quit... how Duff, too, quit?

Because us 'Axl lovers' don't feel we need 'em.
(yeah, that's right - you read that right! I'm an 'Axl lover' and proud of it! yes )
That's another thing that pisses off the bashers. 
It's like a form of penis envy  hihi

We 'got' Axl... we got our GN'R. 
but the axl bashers feel they've been robbed of their GN'R
(robbed by the same man they obviously feel they need to have in GN'R - where he's been since day one btw)

and hey, i don't expect anyone to whom this applies to fess up to it  Tongue

I hate axl cause he wont wear the tight bicycle shorts anymore. rat bastard he is.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2005, 06:34:47 PM »

objective criticism and bashing are entirely different things

i would venture a guess to say that the biggest fans are the ones who criticise Axl the most - they hold him in such high regard, that when he lets his fans down or does something destructive to his career, these fans are calling him out for his own good

blind faith and hero worshipping is dangerous, you get into an 'emperors new clothes' type situation

we all know what Axl has acheived and what he is capable of - that is partly why it is so frustrating to be a fan and watch him make poor choices

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2005, 06:56:23 PM »

objective criticism and bashing are entirely different things

i would venture a guess to say that the biggest fans are the ones who criticise Axl the most - they hold him in such high regard, that when he lets his fans down or does something destructive to his career, these fans are calling him out for his own good

blind faith and hero worshipping is dangerous, you get into an 'emperors new clothes' type situation

we all know what Axl has acheived and what he is capable of - that is partly why it is so frustrating to be a fan and watch him make poor choices

Riock on beer  Where as I don't hate axl and I don't criticize him other than the wait, it is certainly frustrating and I'd like to know why if you say one thing that IS a fact, that the album is taking a long time in the making you are labeled a basher or a hater.....I just don't understand..  WE as long time Axl fans want the best for him and watching him being bashed far worse by others in the media and his peers is extremely annoying.  He can end all this by coming back and kicking ass peace

check it out!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2005, 07:05:51 PM »

If you people are referring to me and DTJ as "Axl haters", I would like you to find one of our posts where we call Axl names and insult him on a personal level. You wont find any!! We offer constructive criticism, on an intellectual level. If you cant see that, that's your fault, not mine. The so called "Axl haters" are not pissed that old GNR isn't around. Everyone got over that many years ago. What pisses people off is this infinite wait, and that alot of the facts concerning CD don't add up. One minute its "live your life, if it doesn't come out, you wont have missed a thing", the next minute its "I've got big guns!" One minute its "18 tracks with 10 extra tracks", then its "Its not gonna be a long album." One of Axl's statements in 2992 was about "some people think these new songs we're playing is all we got". NOBODY EVER SAID THAT! Now people say it, but that had not entered anyone's minds in 2002. Axl basically admitted that in 2002, there wasn't enough songs for a full length album. The wait frustrates us, but its also the fact that when you put all the CD info on the table, something doesn't add up.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2005, 07:09:32 PM »

in all fairness, being a fan just means liking the music and the band, but about being a fan through good times and bad, yes that shows who are true fans or not, but i don't think people like DoubleTalkingJive and jameslofton29 aren't sticking by axl. not at all.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2005, 07:10:44 PM »

If you people are referring to me and DTJ as "Axl haters", I would like you to find one of our posts where we call Axl names and insult him on a personal level. You wont find any!! We offer constructive criticism, on an intellectual level. If you cant see that, that's your fault, not mine. The so called "Axl haters" are not pissed that old GNR isn't around. Everyone got over that many years ago. What pisses people off is this infinite wait, and that alot of the facts concerning CD don't add up. One minute its "live your life, if it doesn't come out, you wont have missed a thing", the next minute its "I've got big guns!" One minute its "18 tracks with 10 extra tracks", then its "Its not gonna be a long album." One of Axl's statements in 2992 was about "some people think these new songs we're playing is all we got". NOBODY EVER SAID THAT! Now people say it, but that had not entered anyone's minds in 2002. Axl basically admitted that in 2002, there wasn't enough songs for a full length album. The wait frustrates us, but its also the fact that when you put all the CD info on the table, something doesn't add up.

Huh where was any of that infered?

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2005, 07:13:57 PM »

in all fairness, being a fan just means liking the music and the band, but about being a fan through good times and bad, yes that shows who are true fans or not, but i don't think people like DoubleTalkingJive and jameslofton29 aren't sticking by axl. not at all.

well I disagree there - that is exactly the 'emperors new clothes' situation I referred to earlier

'True fans' as you put it, will be objective and detached in their judgment when CD comes out

The bar has been set so high by GN'Rs legacy, that anyone who settles for anything less than brilliance of the highest order, IMO is not a 'true fan'

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2005, 07:16:59 PM »

for you to even suggest i'm not a "true" fan because i support axl in whatever direction he chooses to go, is ridicilous and i won't stand for it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 07:19:19 PM by August 15th » Logged

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: