Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:59:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228482 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  dave mustaine
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: dave mustaine  (Read 8630 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2005, 03:29:01 PM »

The remasters are so much better, and Dave re-recorded vocal and guitar parts - infact a very large amount has been re-done.

I'd definetly recommend the remastered versions and as ever the album to go for is Rust in Peace

I've always been surprised CTE is rated so high - i think its their weakest album by some way, i find Sweating bullets to be hugely embarassing to listen to...its too silly for words, especially Dave's 'mad' voice....

Come-on man you can't be serious, that song is classic!!!

"Hello me, Meet the real me, and my misfit's way of life, the dark black past is my ...? most valued possession"? hihi
"hind sight is always 20/20, but, looking back it's still a bit fuzzy, speak of mutually assured destruction, nice story, tell it to Reader's Digest"
"I'm in trouble for the things I haven't got to yet. I'm chomping at the bit and my palms are getting wet."

awesome stuff, the video is sooo cool!

Now I wanna hear it, damn!!!! It's at home.

Never worked for me, and i find the whole album just lacks something - it hasn't got the sheer power and speed of RIP or the hooks of Youthanasia - its a half way house but fails to do anything as well as the other albums manage.

It was built for commercial success that's why

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2005, 04:45:54 PM »

I like CTE, probably a bit over-rated, but I prefer it to Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings.  The remaster of Killing is much better, but that's because the original print wasn't even on a major label and the quality was awful.  I don't like the idea of rercording stuff, but I think the remasters sound great.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
psycotron
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2005, 02:47:12 AM »

The remasters are so much better, and Dave re-recorded vocal and guitar parts - infact a very large amount has been re-done.

I'd definetly recommend the remastered versions and as ever the album to go for is Rust in Peace

I've always been surprised CTE is rated so high - i think its their weakest album by some way, i find Sweating bullets to be hugely embarassing to listen to...its too silly for words, especially Dave's 'mad' voice....

what is that song about? anxiety or something

Come-on man you can't be serious, that song is classic!!!

"Hello me, Meet the real me, and my misfit's way of life, the dark black past is my ...? most valued possession"? hihi
"hind sight is always 20/20, but, looking back it's still a bit fuzzy, speak of mutually assured destruction, nice story, tell it to Reader's Digest"
"I'm in trouble for the things I haven't got to yet. I'm chomping at the bit and my palms are getting wet."

awesome stuff, the video is sooo cool!

Now I wanna hear it, damn!!!! It's at home.
what is that song about? anxiety or something. "anxiety attacking me"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 02:48:57 AM by psycotron » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2005, 04:30:10 AM »

I like CTE, probably a bit over-rated, but I prefer it to Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings.? The remaster of Killing is much better, but that's because the original print wasn't even on a major label and the quality was awful.? I don't like the idea of rercording stuff, but I think the remasters sound great.

I got 'Killing' the other day. Its a good album, but sadly is a poor second to Metallica's Kill em all, which seems faster and far more intresting riffs and solo's. Megadeth seem to have taken an album to warm up.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2005, 10:09:47 AM »

Yeah but remember that some songs were created by Dave in Kill 'em all  ok

No man can be my equal
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2005, 03:58:46 PM »

I also prefer Kill 'Em All to Killing.  But as Mr. Purple said, Dave was very involved with the writing of many songs on Kill 'Em All.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2005, 07:55:32 PM »

Yeah but remember that some songs were created by Dave in Kill 'em all? ok

True, he co-wrote some of the songs on Kill Em All and even on Ride The Lightning.

But if you compare what Metallica produced out of the co-written songs and what Dave produced of the co-written songs, there's no comparison really. Take The Four Horsemen compared to The Mechanix, the latter just sounds silly to me.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 07:58:24 PM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2005, 07:57:52 AM »

True, he co-wrote some of the songs on Kill Em All and even on Ride The Lightning.

But if you compare what Metallica produced out of the co-written songs and what Dave produced of the co-written songs, there's no comparison really. Take The Four Horsemen compared to The Mechanix, the latter just sounds silly to me.

But Mechanix is the original!!!! When the band fired Dave they stole that song (which at the time was Daves masterpeice) and changed the words. I have a bootleg of Metallica called Cliff Burton's First Show when Metallica is Lars, James, Cliff and Dave Mustaine and they play mechanix. The whole purpose of Mechanix on Killing is My Buisiness was the give a huge "Fuck You" to metallica and to show that he was a faster, more technical guitarist. and Mechanix is alot faster than 4 horsemen. Of course Metallica's stuff would sound better though, they had more money and resources and better players and a contract. Dave was stuck with a bunch of kids and no money. Megadeth was formed for Dave to say I'm better than you and you are not gonna stop me.

I wonder what would happen on this board if VR recorded and released madagascar?  nervous confused crying

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2005, 09:55:34 AM »

I seen Megadeth in concert in 1991 on that 'Clash of the Titans' tour they did with Slayer, Anthrax, and Alice in Chains. Megadeth was the highlight of the show(although Slayer did kick ass). The best thing about this concert was the fact that each band was touring behind their best albums. Last song of the night: 'Holy Wars', my favorite Megadeth song. I always wanted GNR to do a cover of that song.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2005, 08:04:21 PM »

But Mechanix is the original!!!! When the band fired Dave they stole that song (which at the time was Daves masterpeice) and changed the words. I have a bootleg of Metallica called Cliff Burton's First Show when Metallica is Lars, James, Cliff and Dave Mustaine and they play mechanix. The whole purpose of Mechanix on Killing is My Buisiness was the give a huge "Fuck You" to metallica and to show that he was a faster, more technical guitarist. and Mechanix is alot faster than 4 horsemen. Of course Metallica's stuff would sound better though, they had more money and resources and better players and a contract. Dave was stuck with a bunch of kids and no money. Megadeth was formed for Dave to say I'm better than you and you are not gonna stop me.

I wonder what would happen on this board if VR recorded and released madagascar?? nervous confused crying

I know Mechanix is the original version. But they didn't exactly steal the song, they wrote it together when Dave was in the band, like they did with allot of other songs they co-wrote. Metallica didn't like the lyrics Dave came up with so they wrote new lyrics to the music. And just because Megadeth's version is faster, it doesn't make it sound better, well to me it doesn't, but that's personal opinion.
I think it's a different comparison to VR recording a new GN'R tune.

Anyway, regardless of that, Megadeth went on to write some great metal tunes and are a great band.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2005, 09:47:25 AM »

I wonder what would happen on this board if VR recorded and released madagascar?? nervous confused crying

I know Mechanix is the original version. But they didn't exactly steal the song, they wrote it together when Dave was in the band, like they did with allot of other songs they co-wrote. Metallica didn't like the lyrics Dave came up with so they wrote new lyrics to the music. And just because Megadeth's version is faster, it doesn't make it sound better, well to me it doesn't, but that's personal opinion.
I think it's a different comparison to VR recording a new GN'R tune.

Anyway, regardless of that, Megadeth went on to write some great metal tunes and are a great band.

I could be way off here, but I was under the impression that Mechanix was a very important song to Dave, like his defining moment in his personal career at the time, like his November Rain, it was his baby, and then Metallica took it and, in Dave's eye, ruined it.

As to being faster, well have you listened to Kill'em All? Thats' what they were all about back then, Fast and Heavy and Intricate, Dave just said, "you guys don't know what you are doing with "MY" song, this is how it's supposed to be done.

Is Megadeth's version better? Personal opinion.
Is it faster? Hell Yeah.
Was it Childish fo Dave to try and show them up like that? probably.
Were Metallica assholes for recording it? Damn straight.

In that light, it is stealing a song. I only used VR/GnR comparison because this is a GnR board ok

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2005, 08:42:43 AM »

In meeting him I thought he was a real dick.  We were backstage hanging with Suicidal Tendencies (who invited us back) and then Dave had us forcefully removed by security for not having backstage passes.  I was asked by Rocky George to watch his kid for a few minutes while he went to the washroom for christ sake but that didn't matter to Dave.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
MikeB
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2005, 11:06:06 AM »

In meeting him I thought he was a real dick. We were backstage hanging with Suicidal Tendencies (who invited us back) and then Dave had us forcefully removed by security for not having backstage passes. I was asked by Rocky George to watch his kid for a few minutes while he went to the washroom for christ sake but that didn't matter to Dave.
And when was this?
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2005, 02:10:02 PM »

In meeting him I thought he was a real dick. We were backstage hanging with Suicidal Tendencies (who invited us back) and then Dave had us forcefully removed by security for not having backstage passes. I was asked by Rocky George to watch his kid for a few minutes while he went to the washroom for christ sake but that didn't matter to Dave.
And when was this?

About 10 years ago... International Centre Mississauga, ON

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
dustNroses
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2005, 12:02:12 AM »

Dave Mustaine is a legend, I saw on the VH1 thing on megadeth thet dave did not actually plan to sing but then couldnt find anyone, I think he got better as time went on, His voice just suits the music. If mustaine wasnt megadeths vocalist, They would have changed singers 5 times by now going off how many line up changes they have been thru.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2005, 12:10:10 AM »

Dave Mustaine is a legend, I saw on the VH1 thing on megadeth thet dave did not actually plan to sing but then couldnt find anyone, I think he got better as time went on, His voice just suits the music. If mustaine wasnt megadeths vocalist, They would have changed singers 5 times by now going off how many line up changes they have been thru.

Great point.  Through all the changes the band went through, the most noticeable constants have been Mustaine's voice and songwriting.  When a band changes its voice its a big risk.  And the more times it changes the harder it is to follow the band.  Dave's voice is one of Megadeth's trademarks, and one of the things that separates them from the other thrash bands.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
dustNroses
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2005, 07:20:31 AM »

Dave regrets gettin kicked from metallica but he has no reason to. Legendary musician, nobody can craft riffs the way dave does. Even recently off the blackmail the universe album (which fukin rocks), Chris poland plays guitar on most songs. They sound like peace sells. I FUKIN LOVE IT!!!! he he he he he (evil laugh)
psycotron
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2005, 05:20:43 AM »

didnt dave write the lyrics and music for mechanix when he was in panic?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2005, 11:12:26 AM »

didnt dave write the lyrics and music for mechanix when he was in panic?

Actually I do recall reading that the song was written by Dave before his days with the Mighty Met, however I don't know how true it is. I couldn't find any "official" news on the subject

Megaguns
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2006, 06:01:27 AM »

dave rules
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: