Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:50:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228481 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  dave mustaine
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: dave mustaine  (Read 8622 times)
psycotron
« on: July 08, 2005, 08:40:43 AM »

does any1 like dave singing voice. in reveiws of mdeth cds on amazon people saying they hate his voice. hes one of my favourite singers. i think his voice sounds great and goes well with megadeths music (thrash and hard rock). its different and he can get it high like in peace cells. his voice beats the shit out of all those eddie veddar wannabes and pop/punk singers like the simple plan guy and all those pop singers. oh and its better than those mudvayne like voices in the new metal bands.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 10:50:16 AM »

I think it takes some getting used to, as do their lyrics. Megadeth are never going to be a band that will appeal to all, their style has always alienated more that its attracted

Took me a while to get into their stuff - the original mixes of some of their stuff is pretty godawful, but with the remasters they have become an entirely new band and one i rate as possible my favourite band

« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 12:04:38 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 11:31:53 AM »

I like his voice but like Izzy it took me a while to appreciate it, there are alot of people who just don't give things a chance. His voice does suit the music though, besides I'd grit my teeth like that to if I had to sing and play guitar like Dave does. He is a musical Genius

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 12:38:44 PM »

I think it takes some getting used to, as do their lyrics. Megadeth are never going to be a band that will appeal to all, their style has always alienated more that its attracted

Took me a while to get into their stuff - the original mixes of some of their stuff is pretty godawful, but with the remasters they have become an entirely new band and one i rate as possible my favourite band

I agree with you, Dave voice is kinda difficult to accept the first time you hear it, but once you get used to it is one of the greatest specially for the music he plays.  peace I think megadeth music is kinda classy just for people that really enjoy music

No man can be my equal
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 02:08:30 PM »

His voice is alright for me but on Take No Prisoners on RIP re-master it sounds all over the place compared to the original.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 02:30:56 PM »

He's got a very unique voice.  That's what I like most about it.  Nobody sounds like Dave.  That being said he really doesn't have a great voice, but it fits perfectly with Megadeth.  Seriously...could you imagine anyone else singing in Megadeth?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 04:20:57 PM »

I got a bootleg mp3 of Axl singing "Anarchy in the UK" with Dave and Megadeth  ok

MikeB
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 05:42:14 PM »

Dave Mustaine kicks ass,his vocals sound awesome, they sound mean and dark in a threatening way bashing the government. Dave Mustaine is one of my top fav metal musicians. He doesn't pose off of other metalheads.I love heavy metal but sometimes it seems like bands are only and always trying to be all? Anti-Christ and Satanic( the reason I say this because I believe people should keep their beliefs personal). But with Dave, he doesn't whine and bitch about stuff he can't change, he focuses on heavy riffs,shredding and proves that Metal dosen't actually stand for religion , for freedom of mind.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 02:58:44 AM by MikeB » Logged
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 09:54:30 PM »

not much of a singer in my opinion, but more of a guitarist. i love his guitar playing ablility way more than a frontman.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 09:05:31 AM »

I got a bootleg mp3 of Axl singing "Anarchy in the UK" with Dave and Megadeth? ok

When did he do that? I've never heard of Dave and Axl meeting - that would rock

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 09:52:17 AM »

Definitively Dave mustaine is a really talented person, even a better guitarrist for me than kirk hammet, im not a huge megadeth fan but i like his voice, anyway my brother doesnt and he likes all their music... so its a matter of opinion ....

@;-:----,------.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2005, 07:45:50 PM »

Man it was seriously weird seeing him so humbled in the doco "Some kind of monster'

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
psycotron
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 12:08:55 AM »

Man it was seriously weird seeing him so humbled in the doco "Some kind of monster'
yeah. after all the trash talk hes said about metallica. it was weird seeing him being nice to lars. those people that taughted dave in the street saying metallica to him, what losers. if i saw dave walking down the street i would get down on the ground and say "im not worthy, im not worthy". i like dave more than kirk also cause dave writes most of mdeths music and his guitar solos are exellent. kirks solos sought of sound all the same.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 07:51:12 PM »

Not a big fan of Dave's voice, but he's a great guitar player. I recently bought Megadeths Greatest Hits and there are some great songs on there, I think I'll definitely look into buying some of the other albums. beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 04:37:00 AM »

I gotta question for the Droogies on this board.  What do you think of the remastered albums compared to the older versions.  I think the music on the remasters sounds a lot better.  Especially on Rust In Peace and So Far So Good So What.  However, some of the people I know who have heard the old versions and the remastered versions of the songs do not like the way the vocals sound on the new versions.  I don't really see a big difference.  What do you guys think?  Do you prefer the old versions or the remasters?  Also I think I heard some stuff about Dave re-recording some of the vocals?  Anybody know if this is true?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 05:51:42 AM »

I'm curious about that too, because if I'm gonna buy any of the other albums, I'd like to know which ones to go with, the original versions or the new remasters.

I've always kinda liked Megadeth (I was always more of a Metallica fan) but after a few spins of the Greatest Hits, damn, they were a f**king great band. I've got Symphony of Destruction cranked up at the moment, it's f**king great! ok
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 07:52:54 AM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 06:46:46 AM »

I haven't heard any of the remasters, except Killing is my buisiness, I think it is better than the original. I can't really afford to go buy all the albums again, so I stick with the originals

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 01:12:06 PM »

The remasters are so much better, and Dave re-recorded vocal and guitar parts - infact a very large amount has been re-done.

I'd definetly recommend the remastered versions and as ever the album to go for is Rust in Peace

I've always been surprised CTE is rated so high - i think its their weakest album by some way, i find Sweating bullets to be hugely embarassing to listen to...its too silly for words, especially Dave's 'mad' voice....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005, 01:36:45 PM »

The remasters are so much better, and Dave re-recorded vocal and guitar parts - infact a very large amount has been re-done.

I'd definetly recommend the remastered versions and as ever the album to go for is Rust in Peace

I've always been surprised CTE is rated so high - i think its their weakest album by some way, i find Sweating bullets to be hugely embarassing to listen to...its too silly for words, especially Dave's 'mad' voice....

Come-on man you can't be serious, that song is classic!!!

"Hello me, Meet the real me, and my misfit's way of life, the dark black past is my ...  most valued possession"  hihi
"hind sight is always 20/20, but, looking back it's still a bit fuzzy, speak of mutually assured destruction, nice story, tell it to Reader's Digest"
"I'm in trouble for the things I haven't got to yet. I'm chomping at the bit and my palms are getting wet."

awesome stuff, the video is sooo cool!

Now I wanna hear it, damn!!!! It's at home.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2005, 03:06:13 PM »

Come-on man you can't be serious, that song is classic!!!

"Hello me, Meet the real me, and my misfit's way of life, the dark black past is my ...? most valued possession"? hihi
"hind sight is always 20/20, but, looking back it's still a bit fuzzy, speak of mutually assured destruction, nice story, tell it to Reader's Digest"
"I'm in trouble for the things I haven't got to yet. I'm chomping at the bit and my palms are getting wet."

awesome stuff, the video is sooo cool!

Now I wanna hear it, damn!!!! It's at home.

Never worked for me, and i find the whole album just lacks something - it hasn't got the sheer power and speed of RIP or the hooks of Youthanasia - its a half way house but fails to do anything as well as the other albums manage.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: