Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:43:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Huge opportunity missed with Live 8/one million in Philly
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Huge opportunity missed with Live 8/one million in Philly  (Read 9896 times)
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2005, 06:07:29 PM »

In fucking credible  beer

Here today...ready to rock
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2005, 06:11:41 PM »

Pink Floyd, hand's down, maybe the greatest live band ever!!

i remember watching a PF show 10 years ago: I had never seen a thing like that, that was HUGE. there were sort of multi-coulour lasers and a big big stage etc...that was a spectacle. I had the impression to watch a sience-fiction movie. It was...there is no word to describe it.
the best live show i have ever seen on TV, so far.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 06:13:57 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2005, 06:15:16 PM »

Seeing this restores my faith in music and humanity.  MTV should not cut into Floyd btw!  But, all I can say is Floyd is sonic orgasm! 

"Axl, how we wish you were here!!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2005, 06:32:52 PM »

newsman, ever hear the term 'wish in one hand, and shit in the other, and see which one gets filled first'? LMAO!! But I see what you're saying. Axl, being one of the few performers who would have the whole world's eyes watching him, is not there. Pretty sad indeed. If it was 'old' GNR, not only would they be there, they would steal the show. GNR always stole the show at the festivals they played.

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2005, 06:39:45 PM »

the entire world would be more than into the new band playing.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2005, 06:43:29 PM »

I agree they would steal the show, except for today. ?Pink Floyd rocked the world, not to mention this was the first time in twenty-five years that the original band reunited with Roger Waters!! ?No way GNR steals this one! ?I cannot get over how great these 60's acts still are: ?Stevie Wonder, McCartney, The Who, Pink Floyd. ?Hands down better than any other bands that played today! ?Looks like the London show, although Philly had a million people, had the best acts!!

BTW, MTV's coverage is awful.   This just in, Beyonce Knowles is freaky-hot, gorgeous!!!?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 06:53:31 PM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2005, 06:50:25 PM »

newsman, trust me, if old GNR walked out on stage, the crowd would be in total chaos. Imagine: the lights go out, the crowd is silent, you hear the intro to Jungle, and two spotlights immediately shine on Axl and Slash. People would go crazy. No one would give a flying fuck about Pink Floyd. I mean no disrespect to Pink Floyd, I am a big fan. But thats how it would be.

Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2005, 07:00:50 PM »

Honestly now, if you were Bob Geldof would you recruit an act that is constantly late for performances and has a tendency to walk of stage mid performance to play at an event that has been running like clockwork?

Yeah, it only over-ran by 2.5 hours rofl

Great show ok

The Who were wicked, and Pink Floyd back after 24 years. peace

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2005, 07:02:20 PM »

newsman, trust me, if old GNR walked out on stage, the crowd would be in total chaos. Imagine: the lights go out, the crowd is silent, you hear the intro to Jungle, and two spotlights immediately shine on Axl and Slash. People would go crazy. No one would give a flying fuck about Pink Floyd. I mean no disrespect to Pink Floyd, I am a big fan. But thats how it would be.

I know they would go nuts, but I think it's tough to take you seriously when you say "no one would give a flying fuck about Pink Floyd" ?Heck, the twenty-somethings in England maybe hipper than the US counterparts, it seemd the youger crowd was enjoying Floyd as much as the Baby Boomers. ?I think that also has something to do with just how good Floyd is live.

On that note Lofton, you obviously have never seen Floyd live! ?If you have, you would realize just what a significant thing happend today! ?I would suggest checking them out live during the rumoured upcoming tour.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2005, 07:05:10 PM »

In the UK, a Pink Floyd reformation tour would sell out much quicker than if Guns reformed. peace

Maybe not in the US, but certainly in the UK. peace

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2005, 07:10:40 PM »

It goes without saying, the same goes for the States regarding ticket demand.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2005, 07:36:33 PM »

unfortunately axl ruined a lot of the gnr reputation on a constant basis, there is no way anything he does will touch PF ever. Live 8 was great!!!
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2005, 07:46:23 PM »

The thing about an event like today's, is the spirit of the event.  Nothing like a festival, for a great cause, with great bands can provide the forum to be accepted once again as long as the material is great!  What a day, and in addition to Floyd, The Who and Green Day were great as well!
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2005, 07:57:15 PM »

No one would give a flying fuck about Pink Floyd.

I've been to your fantasy castle. And it is without merit.
gunz92
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2005, 08:04:25 PM »

was it just me or did anybody else have goosebumbs when floyd played comfortably numb? simply beautiful!
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2005, 08:22:29 PM »

Hey! this would have been a great opportunity also for Micheal Jackson ok

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2005, 08:34:08 PM »

I highly doubt that.? Pink Floyd has a way larger fanbase than Guns N' Roses.? Four decades of fans that went nuts tonight.? That ovation was amazing and I actually got a tingle in my arms at home.? No dissing GNR, but Floyd's reunion was amazing beyond belief.? They didn't miss a fucking beat.? Axl's comeback at Rio didn't even garner as much media attention.? I mean I would love to see Axl get his shit together, but like the others said, he really blew it by not putting his hat into this show.? To be honest I think if Axl woulda showed up in Philly he would have probably had a few boos thrown his way from the last time.? He coulda killed two birds with one stone today:
1. Made up for the last Philly fiasco.
2. Headlined the piss poor Philly lineup (minus Stevie Wonder) and gave 1 million people a great fucking show.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2005, 08:36:14 PM »

was it just me or did anybody else have goosebumbs when floyd played comfortably numb? simply beautiful!

It was one of those rock n roll moments one will never forget!  What a day for music!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2005, 08:36:45 PM »

So after all it was good that GN'R wasn't there with pink Floyd this time. Maybe after CD. Wink

BTW I wouldn't give a flying fuck about old GNR reunion either.

With The current lineup (+BH Cry )  GN'R is capable of making a Pink Floyd.
MikeB
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2005, 08:41:04 PM »

I don't think it's a huge oppurtunity Axl pissed away, not to us but in this day in age he's the bad guy after the philly incident in 2002 and how Velvet Revolver ( the so-called rescuers of rock n' roll) constantly criticize him ?over and over in the press. There's two type of G n' R fans I know , the ones that support Axl but I only see them on message boards and the other kind of fans I talk to in schools, record stores, guitar shops that hate Axl which is more of them. I absoulatley hate to say this because Axl is one of my most favorite frontmen but 99% percent ?in this present day , he would be booed off stage if he performed like at a music awards show or somewhere like Live 8. In my book its best to wait for this phase to fade out .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: