Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:49:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  rock in rio 2006 - axl's return?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: rock in rio 2006 - axl's return?  (Read 20314 times)
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2005, 09:25:24 PM »

The whole give us a taste theory I would 100% believe if he ever does come back.  I mean, it's been 3 years and I would think that if he truly wanted do this thing right then that whole theory would make complete sense.  That fact that he hasn't returned and we have no clue as to when he will return, the whole entire tour as short lived as it was seemed pointless doesn't it.   He gave us taste and left us starving so to speak hihi  Look I am not trying to bash but I call it as I see it.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2005, 09:33:50 PM »

DTJ, if he tries another comeback(Rio), without CD, he has to deliver the goods. No more AFD rehash. Yeah, he can play the 'classics' from the album, but thats it. And if he wants to be taken seriously by possibly being the headlining act at Rio, he HAS to deliver some of these "Big Guns". No more Riyadh, Silkworms, Madagascar, The Blues, or CD. If he ends up playing those same five songs as his 'new' material at Rio, then he has absolutely nothing new to offer his fans. This is when a majority of people will really start to question the album's existence.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2005, 10:55:48 PM »

One can only hope James that he does come back.  If he plays the same songs, it will no doubt be extremely embarrasing not only for him but for his bandmates and the record co.  IMO, I don't think that we will see Axl and GNR again unless CD is released.  I can't see him doing this twice.  Playing Rio without an album released or slated for definite release by the record co, officially. 

check it out!!
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2005, 11:02:12 PM »

i think you're wrong. i'm REALLY tired right now but i'll try to answer. axl doesn't have to do anything. as one of the most legendary performers still alive and one of the most interesting people out there, his mere presence there will have people buy tickets. he doesn't need to give us any new material at all, if he feels that it's not time yet and he simply wants the band to do a kick-ass performance. there will be plenty of time for us to hear the new material so why shouldn't he give people the classics they want if that's what he wants to do. that's what all great rock bands do, isn't it? tour behind their old classics. and face it, guns n' roses are now nostalgia and a up there with the legends, so people want what they know, first and foremost. apart from pehaps the hard core of fans. so, being one of those who don't give in to negativity, i believe that this album will come out, he will tour behind it, and all of this will just be looked back on and seen as pointless doubting. like "how could we ever doubt this immensely talented man? loooool" and soforth. i can just picture it. that's when i'll kick back, put my feet up, listen to chinese democracy with a great conscience and enjoyment and spraypaint "hypocrite" on the forehead of certain of his soon-to-be asskissers.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2005, 11:15:28 PM »

August, I am not a 'soon to be asskisser'. I stand by every statement I've ever made about CD. I do not post insults about Axl. I dont hate the guy on a personal level. CD is a very interesting story, and I will NOT back off from the statements I've made. If CD is released, it will disprove a couple of my theories I've brought up, but I will not apologize for the comments I've made regarding the situation. Some people here might, but I wont.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2005, 11:21:16 PM »

DTJ, I agree. Its not logical for him to come back without an album. I'm sure he realizes this. But if he does do Rio, he's got to show us something new. At least 2 or 3 new songs. It would ease alot of the frustration, and might buy him some more time, at least from the fans perspective.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2005, 11:32:57 PM »

DTJ, I agree. Its not logical for him to come back without an album. I'm sure he realizes this. But if he does do Rio, he's got to show us something new. At least 2 or 3 new songs. It would ease alot of the frustration, and might buy him some more time, at least from the fans perspective.

He absolutley must have a new album to promote the next time he tours - no question

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2005, 01:04:45 PM »

i think you're wrong. i'm REALLY tired right now but i'll try to answer. axl doesn't have to do anything. as one of the most legendary performers still alive and one of the most interesting people out there, his mere presence there will have people buy tickets. he doesn't need to give us any new material at all, if he feels that it's not time yet and he simply wants the band to do a kick-ass performance. there will be plenty of time for us to hear the new material so why shouldn't he give people the classics they want if that's what he wants to do. that's what all great rock bands do, isn't it? tour behind their old classics. and face it, guns n' roses are now nostalgia and a up there with the legends, so people want what they know, first and foremost. apart from pehaps the hard core of fans. so, being one of those who don't give in to negativity, i believe that this album will come out, he will tour behind it, and all of this will just be looked back on and seen as pointless doubting. like "how could we ever doubt this immensely talented man? loooool" and soforth. i can just picture it. that's when i'll kick back, put my feet up, listen to chinese democracy with a great conscience and enjoyment and spraypaint "hypocrite" on the forehead of certain of his soon-to-be asskissers.

I hear what you are saying...and if Axl wants to comeback and just be a nostalgic band, more power to him, I love Axl don't get me wrong.  The fact that he started to promote Chinese D, that he said at the VMA's round 2, interviews he did at that time all the promoting for it,  that's why it would be embarrassing for him to comeback without new material or CD.   If he ever intends to do a major show or tour and have nothing new then he should release a statment before hand just so the impact isn't all that bad. 

check it out!!
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2005, 01:49:44 PM »

yeah but i think it's clear to most of us that axl doesn't want to be a nostalgic artist just touring behind his classics with a new band, he wants to create new energy! that's what most of us are here for right now i suppose. but if he feels that the timing just ain't ready yet then so be it, i would rather have him back doing classics than not have him back at all.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2005, 02:12:25 PM »

I would rather not have him back at all, it's too embarrassing for him.  The music media and his peers will have a field day on him, not to mention his fans that have been so eagerly awaiting CD. 

check it out!!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2005, 02:11:56 PM »

I'd rather have him back as a nostalgia act than not have him back.  I've never had the pleasure of seeing him perform live.  Of course it would be much cooler if he was with Slash, Duff, and Izzy, but even without them its still probably pretty awesome watching Axl Rose perform live and I want to be able to see that at least once.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2005, 05:54:03 PM »

Rob, I feel sorry for the people who never got to see them live. I seen them in July 1991, a couple months before Izzy left. They were on top of the world, and you couldn't see a better show. The 2002 tour was cancelled before it came to my area. But I wasn't that pissed about it, although I did want to see them. No way in hell it could've been better than it was in 91.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2005, 08:45:30 PM »

I'd rather have him back as a nostalgia act than not have him back.? I've never had the pleasure of seeing him perform live.? Of course it would be much cooler if he was with Slash, Duff, and Izzy, but even without them its still probably pretty awesome watching Axl Rose perform live and I want to be able to see that at least once.

i agree, i want a chance to see him live too, nostalgia act or not, though that would make me somewhat frustrated because i know what axl is still capable of.

estranged.1098
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2005, 10:02:32 PM »

Rob, I feel sorry for the people who never got to see them live. I seen them in July 1991, a couple months before Izzy left. They were on top of the world, and you couldn't see a better show. The 2002 tour was cancelled before it came to my area. But I wasn't that pissed about it, although I did want to see them. No way in hell it could've been better than it was in 91.

I had a better time in Rock in Rio 3 than 2 as far as I can remember (not much  hihi).

If anyone thinks it would be embarrasing for Axl to do one gig with the old material before CD starts than I feel bad for them, cos as soon as he starts singing 'Welcome To The Jungle' the people watching will not think about that.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2005, 10:13:44 PM »

estranged, you dont remember much?? Damn, thats a shame. When I seen them, i wasn't drunk or on hard drugs. I was hella stoned on green bud. And believe me, nothing intensifies a weed high better than seeing live GNR.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2005, 11:57:05 PM »

estranged, you dont remember much?? Damn, thats a shame. When I seen them, i wasn't drunk or on hard drugs. I was hella stoned on green bud. And believe me, nothing intensifies a weed high better than seeing live GNR.

lol damn i can imagine that. smoking

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2005, 02:57:31 AM »

Yeah, bit I'm convinced I'm gonna see em at least once.  I came as close as one can get without seeing Axl.  I was at the Philly show in 2002 where the CD tour came to a crashing halt.  I can only imagine (and I have many times) what it would've been like to see the old band.  I envy anyone who ever was able to see them back in the day.  You got to see the greatest rock band of all time in their prime.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2005, 04:11:34 AM »

Rob, that really sucks!! Axl owes Philly big time!! Like, maybe a 4 hour show? LOL! The night I seen them in July 91 was one of the best moments of my life. I have been a fan since the beginning, and I was DYING to hear the new material, just like these newer fans are dying to hear CD. Axl did not let me down. Back then, GNR didnt have a setlist, they just decided onstage what they wanted to play. Axl must have read my mind, because the show was very Illusions heavy. GNR performed 'Jungle','Sweet Child', 'Paradise City', 'Brownstone', and 'Patience'. The rest of the show was the new songs. It was fucking incredible! The only thing that was disappointing was the fact that they didnt play 'Its so Easy'. They usually play that song, but didnt for some reason. I know i've mentioned this before, but they played a reggae version of 'Civil War' that I have not heard before or since then. My uncle went with me to that show, and he's not even a huge fan of GNR, and he still talks about that Civil War version to this very day. The show was absolutely magical. I went to the doctor a few months ago, wearing an Axl shirt of course, and the nurse started talking to me about GNR. She was at this same show I mentioned. It was really cool getting to discuss that experience with someone who was there. She also remembered the reggae Civil War. I always wondered why this version of the song was only played once.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2005, 10:38:59 AM »

I had a better time in Rock in Rio 3 than 2 as far as I can remember (not much? hihi).

If anyone thinks it would be embarrasing for Axl to do one gig with the old material before CD starts than I feel bad for them, cos as soon as he starts singing 'Welcome To The Jungle' the people watching will not think about that.

Myabe not as the concert is going on but the backlash would be hardcore.

check it out!!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2006, 05:27:25 AM »

interesting - thought Id bump this thread as it turns out its very relevant  Smiley

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: