Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:49:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  rock in rio 2006 - axl's return?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: rock in rio 2006 - axl's return?  (Read 20315 times)
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2005, 05:48:58 AM »

You know with GNR its impossible to set concrete deadlines of when peopel are gonna give up on Axl, many peopl have, many people dont pay attention to it like us, and their intrest will be sparked whne  new of the album finally being realeased comes out.  Most of the people who check out the new GNR when CD comes out are gonna be the type of person who hasnt stood and waited  like us and there gonna be like "ohh yah GNR I loved that Band , I want to hear the new stuf" or something like that.  Most people dont visit message boards and while we are strong fans who are passionate about GNR, their general publics intrested will be sparked when news comes out, so i guess what i am saying is that it is possible for GNR to be succesful after rock in rio if they dont participate.  sorry if im rambling a lil in this post its 3AM here in Cali

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2005, 06:03:46 AM »

Actually, some people have given up, but they will still buy the album when it comes out. In fact, when it comes out, every single person who was ever a GNR fan will buy the record. Whenever a thread comes up about how many copies it will sell, most people say it will sell 3 or 5 million copies here in the U.S., about the same in Europe. Bullshit!! In its first week of release, there wont even be enough copies available to satisfy the demand. They better produce between 10 to 15 million copies here in the U.S., because its gonna be huge. I also think there wont be many downloads of this album, most people are going to want the actual CD in their hands. I'm gonna go buy it the second its released, and buy 2 or 3 copies. Because in the world of GNR, anything can happen between release day and the day after.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2005, 06:15:18 AM »

May 27 - Jun 04 2004
Lisboa

ok.............

Yeah, people will always be hungry for some new GNR, but by 2007, CD will have been in the making for about 9 years. People will start satisfying that hunger elsewhere by then. This forum is still going pretty strong, but over at mygnr, there is alot of people thinking about just giving up on CD. It was quite depressing. And if 2007 rolls around with no CD, the group of people still waiting for this will be small indeed. Axl debuting new material at Rio( Catcher in the Rye, This I Love,full version of IRS, TWAT) would sustain alot of people, maybe for a few more years.

please stop writing in every fifth post of you that people at mygnr.com want to give up on CD. i guess it interests most here not in the slightest if anyone at my gnr gives up on CD or not.

i've noticed him mentioning that constantly too. if such negativism, why post on a fan forum at all?
what does being a gnr fan have to do with doubts with cd or it becoming late for a comeback if it takes a year or two more? You can be the biggest gnr supporter ever and their biggest fan and never even know about anything that happened from 99 to 2002.. I'm sure a few nutters say led zepplin is alive and well when rober plant does his solo tours...
I can't see the big deal with at least a few people in such a big comminuity being negative often.. be realistic most recluses don't just come back and contiunue where they left off, their is a reason they are so private and away from the public..

if he didn't copme back till rio 5 then there is serious problems
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2005, 06:18:17 AM »

Actually, some people have given up, but they will still buy the album when it comes out. In fact, when it comes out, every single person who was ever a GNR fan will buy the record. Whenever a thread comes up about how many copies it will sell, most people say it will sell 3 or 5 million copies here in the U.S., about the same in Europe. Bullshit!! In its first week of release, there wont even be enough copies available to satisfy the demand. They better produce between 10 to 15 million copies here in the U.S., because its gonna be huge. I also think there wont be many downloads of this album, most people are going to want the actual CD in their hands. I'm gonna go buy it the second its released, and buy 2 or 3 copies. Because in the world of GNR, anything can happen between release day and the day after.

I can give up hope and still buy the damn thing, anyone without doubts is just lying to themselves and just because tons of money went into it doesn't mean you will see it
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2005, 06:26:15 AM »

Mike, interesting point. Alot of people dont seem to realize that just because millions of dollars have been invested in this album, it does not guarantee its release. To shatter our dreams of this album, all Geffen/Interscope has to do is write off Chinese Democracy as a loss, and move on. Companies do this sort of thing on a daily basis. When it starts looking more like a liability than a real investment, they will do what I just described.

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2005, 07:14:48 AM »

RIR will be in 2006. tv ads have already started in portugal. it''ll be next year in may

Chinese Democracy!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2005, 07:50:19 AM »

Some acts should confirm by november/december, huh?

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2005, 07:58:23 AM »

i have no idea. but january seems more likely to me. i think that's when gn'r confirmed, and in march they canceled... i'm not that good with dates... hihi

Chinese Democracy!
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2005, 12:15:05 PM »

I can give up hope and still buy the damn thing, anyone without doubts is just lying to themselves and just because tons of money went into it doesn't mean you will see it

yes it will, interscope has put such an incredible ammount of money into this project because they BELIEVE IN IT, and even if axl backs out i think they will somehow demand at least some of the material released. if not, axl would be in debt.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2005, 12:20:05 PM »

yes it will, interscope has put such an incredible ammount of money into this project because they BELIEVE IN IT, and even if axl backs out i think they will somehow demand at least some of the material released. if not, axl would be in debt.

what's another lawsuit with axl rose...? Who wants a forced out album..? Nothing to back it that's half the fun the anitcipation and the touring the interviews the singles.. It's not that they have faith in axl rose, they have faith in the gnr name, the biggest marketable name in the past 15 years or so... Have axl trade in the gnr name and do a side project (kind of like this one) and see 13 million dollars no with endless time..
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2005, 12:24:31 PM »

what's another lawsuit with axl rose...? Who wants a forced out album..? Nothing to back it that's half the fun the anitcipation and the touring the interviews the singles.. It's not that they have faith in axl rose, they have faith in the gnr name, the biggest marketable name in the past 15 years or so... Have axl trade in the gnr name and do a side project (kind of like this one) and see 13 million dollars no with endless time..

what's that got to do with anything? point is, interscope believes in axl and his group so much that they have spewed 13 million dollars plus into this project. he needs to prove himself to the record company for them to do that, interscope won't just hand out 13 million dollars just because he holds the name guns n' roses. they obviously believe in the music.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2005, 12:27:54 PM »

what's that got to do with anything? point is, interscope believes in axl and his group so much that they have spewed 13 million dollars plus into this project. he needs to prove himself to the record company for them to do that, interscope won't just hand out 13 million dollars just because he holds the name guns n' roses. they obviously believe in the music.

believe what you want man, he has endless time and funds because he has a very marketable name(guns n roses) that can sell millions of albums without new music... Believe that axl rounded up some random guys and that some record company is just like here's a blank check.. The point is if it wasn't a band called gnr it wouldn't get funded like this and there would be action taken sooner to make money back on the product.. The gnr name is a sure bet from it's track record..
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2005, 12:30:24 PM »

believe what you want man, he has endless time and funds because he has a very marketable name(guns n roses) that can sell millions of albums without new music... Believe that axl rounded up some random guys and that some record company is just like here's a blank check.. The point is if it wasn't a band called gnr it wouldn't get funded like this and there would be action taken sooner to make money back on the product.. The gnr name is a sure bet from it's track record..

i agree that it's a sure bet from it's track record but that doesn't mean interscope doesn't demand a certain standard in exhange for all of their money. but i get your point. i'm out.

edit: axl's decision to use the guns n' roses name has obviously bought him alot of time and money, and it was a very clever move. marketing and so on will be a cakewalk. so i agree with you on that. i think if slash and duff had used the guns n' roses name their audience would be even bigger.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 12:34:40 PM by August 15th » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2005, 12:38:11 PM »

August, you're going in a direction that you dont really want to go. This album does NOT have to come out, and I'm not talking from Axl's point of view, but from Geffen/Interscope. Yes, they invested alot of money in this project, and would like the investment to pay off. It hasn't. Yes, they could force Axl to release it. GUESS WHAT?? That will take years and millions of more dollars sucked down the CD drain. If it reaches that point, Geffen/Interscope will not be able to recoup their investment from the long wait and the lawsuit to force CD. At this point, CD becomes a liability and not an asset. They will then write the investment off as a loss, and void the contract they have with Axl/GNR. This move would make Axl very 'high risk', and other companies would avoid him like the plague. This would ensure that CD never sees the light of day. We have already seen the first step in this 'nightmare' scenario occur, and it went largely unnoticed. It was when Geffen/Interscope stopped funneling money into CD... I'm sorry if this post bums some of you guys out, I just wanted to explain to Mr. August that there is not a 100% chance that this album will be released.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2005, 12:54:01 PM »

i just don't understand why axl wouldn't want this great material which he has spent so many years of his life on, to be released. i'm gonna believe him when he says that it definately will. i don't see why he would want to keep all this material buried and risk becoming a joke within the music industry when he has the opportunity and the potential to become the king of it.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2005, 01:04:50 PM »

RISK becoming a joke?? He already is a joke. I have faith that he can redeem himself, and I know that you guys do too, but does Axl have the faith in himself?

patience26
Rocker

There`s someone in my head, but it?s not me...

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2005, 01:08:24 PM »

Rock in Rio Lisboa 2006 will start the 26th of May!

Rock on  ok

Blame it on the Falung Gong!
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2005, 02:42:43 PM »

Rock in Rio Lisboa 2006 will start the 26th of May!

Rock on  ok

damn straight. ok

RISK becoming a joke?? He already is a joke. I have faith that he can redeem himself, and I know that you guys do too, but does Axl have the faith in himself?

i believe that axl has so much faith in himself and his new material that he has decided not to let other people, including the music industry and the fans, determine it for him. that's why he is taking his sweet time with this album, he wants to be able to look back on it and feel that he did this his way and never bowed down to pressure.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2005, 04:11:01 PM »

i just don't understand why axl wouldn't want this great material which he has spent so many years of his life on, to be released. i'm gonna believe him when he says that it definately will. i don't see why he would want to keep all this material buried and risk becoming a joke within the music industry when he has the opportunity and the potential to become the king of it.

Because Axl never thinks it's good enough.   The proof is all the producers that have worked with thim, all say the same thing, the statements are very consistent.   They have all said the material is brilliant, amazing, great and yet they all left because Axl wasn't ready to release the material, he is still working on it, still tweaking it.   

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Kitano
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2005, 06:15:42 PM »

There were large crowds at the 2002 tour of chinese democracy starts ummmmmm, now----no wait not yet maybe in the next decade?

Do u think that the fans who bought those `chinese democracy starts now` tour shirts could sue axl for false advertising?

and as for axls return in 2006, i dont think he will ever show his face in public again, his project failed, he killed one of the biggest bands in the world and the biggest thing thats so fucked up is that he failed the fans by telling untruths at every conceivable point that he had a microphone in his hands since duff slash matt left

his project failed? critics are already calling madagascar "epic", and there is a worldwide interest for his return and a sincere interest in this very very promising project throughout the world. i look very much forward to watching you eat your own words once chinese democracy drops. until then, i will kick back and keep my faith up. as for you, you will be seen as just another pathetic hypocrit.

Most of the reviews I read for the 2002 tour were pretty negative.  One reviewer referred to Madagascar as "durge like" and "self indulgent".  As for this supposed worldwide interest, how do you explain the half empty shows on the 2002 tour?
So far I have heard two pretty good songs and two average songs from CD.  Given the fact that we don't know for sure if any of these songs except for the title cut will make it onto CD it's highly speculative to say that this is a "promising project".
It's endearing that you are prepared to believe that Axl is going to come up with anything in the next year or two but some of us are looking at this dispassionately and not really seeing alot of hope that Axl can ever reach the same level of success that he once enjoyed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: